Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Hounds of the Damned {Closed}

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Hounds of the Damned {Closed}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:48 pm

And Ciarán and Chaos watched as she left the forest. It seemed like nowhere was safe for her. If she stayed, she would wilt away like that poor little flower that struggled for life every moment of the day among the rotten land it found itself in. Back in the town, she was withering away from disease and had to deal with a man that was not a good match for her. Ciarán sighed and shook his head. He hoped that she survived. He wanted her to survive so bad. He hesitated a moment before he clasped his hands together and pressed his forehead against his clenched fists.

"Death... please don't extinguish her flame. I beg of you..." he whispered. He hadn't asked Death for anything since the day his godfather had cursed him for his crimes against him. He hoped that if there was yet an ounce of love in Death, he would spare this girl. Ciarán had already suffered so much. How much more did he have before Death forgave him and finally let him fade into the Abyss. If he was finally dead, he wouldn't be able to hurt the town anymore. Ciarán dropped his hands with a sigh before he turned away and headed back to his lonely little home, Chaos at his heels.

~~*~~

4 days. It had been four days since Rosalie returned to the forest to retrieve the medication. Ciarán was going insane. Where was she? Why wasn't she coming to pick up the medication? She was going to need the newest batch. She should have run out at this point. Had seen gotten deathly ill so quickly? She should still have been able to come and pick up the medication. She had been sick but she hadn't been that ill when he saw her last. Had she... had she died? Ciarán hoped that wasn't the case but he couldn't shake the fear and dread that had taken anchor in his heart.

Ciarán stood at his window, his hands gripping the sill tightly. Chaos was sitting on his bed just staring at his companion. His tail swished back and forth as he debated what should be done. Chaos couldn't go after her. He obviously wasn't human and people would notice him and cry out for help. He would find out nothing if he went. But Ciarán... he could go. He'd have to stay covered but with the Black Death running rampant, most people would be covered and they would not notice one shrouded figure amongst many. He knew how much Ciarán worried for the human girl.

"Ciarán... You should go to the town and check up on her," he called out then.

"I can't. I am putting more people in danger if I go."

"The people are already dying. There isn't much more you can do except actually kill them and you will be covered. You won't touch anyone if you stay covered."

"They will notice-"

"You are making excuses. You are afraid," Chaos answered flatly and crossed his arms. "Don't try and lie to me, Ciarán. I can taste the fear in you. I know you are afraid of hurting them but at this point, death will be a blessing to those you do touch. You are only going there to see if Rosalie is okay and bring her the medicine. It is going to be okay."

Ciarán sighed and turned to look at his friend. "Sometimes I hate you."

"The feeling is mutual. Now put on your gloves, pull up your hood, and go to her. You'll be moping around here anyway if you don't go and see her yourself."

"You are right." Ciarán pulled away from the window and ran a hand through his hair before he hurried to pull on his gloves and grabbed the medicine he had prepared for Rosalie. He took a steadying breath before he hurried through the forest. Once he reached the edge of the treeline, he froze for a moment. He hadn't left the forest in... a century at least. It was probably more but time blurred for him at this point. How much had changed in his birthplace? He shook his head. He couldn't back down now. He pulled his hood up and secured it before he ventured out of the safety of the forest.

Ciarán entered the town slowly and looked around. It really was a desolate place right now with the disease ravaging whatever it touched. Some people had died in the street. Many of the doors were marked warning others to stay away if someone inside was sick. It made his heart go out to them. This was all his fault. His hands tightened on the medicine as he continued to walk through the streets. Where was Rosalie? He didn't even know where she lived. How was he going to find her? He couldn't just enter a house and say he was looking for her.
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 am

Everything was a haze and each little movement was a slice of pain in Rosalie's body. She was in and out of consciousness and couldn't keep two thought straight. Everything was jumbled in her head and every time she coughed she felt as though her head was being cut open. It was miserable and she felt as if she were dying a slow death.

She knew she had to do something, be somewhere, or meet someone. It stayed on the edge of her consciousness, nagging her.

A cold cloth was brought to her feverish forehead. Her eyes opened, alarmed, and she stared up at Alexander who was looking at her with concern. She felt delirious and tried to twist away from him. She did not recognize him.

"Calm down Rosalie," his voice was gentle but far away. She struggled in her bed but he held her gently until she was too weak and closed her eyes again.

More time passed.

How long?

Days? Weeks?

Rosalie had no concept of time. The only thing she knew was how she felt. Her blood felt like ice, but her skin was on fire. Each time she coughed a bit of blood leaked from her mouth.

Somewhere a moment of clarity had broken through her dying haze. Alexander had left the day before to try and track down a physician from a different town. He had no medical training and knew that she was dying whether he stayed or went. As a last resort, he had left her to try and find someone who could help.

Rosalie remembered long enough that she was supposed to meet at the edge of the forest to get more medicine for both her and the townspeople.

Her body was moving before she had even processed the full thought. Her whole body was weak and it shook terribly as she stumbled from her room. She kept falling against the wall but managed to get up each time. She forced herself to take one step after another despite the pain she felt. She coughed and specks of blood peppered her white nightgown.

She managed to stumble through the door and outside. The sun was out and it felt blistering against her boiling skin. She shivered as a light breeze wafted around her. She stumbled and fell to her knees and continued to cough. Her whole body quaked from the force and she slumped against the ground as her mind drifted away from her goal.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to die. It would certainly be a relief from this hellish disease.

Yet she felt something tug at her consciousness again. There was something or someone she needed to remember, someone she needed to fight for.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sun May 08, 2016 2:49 pm

Ciarán sighed and hugged himself. People were dying all around him and he could feel their pain. The stench of filth and death were nearly overwhelming. He had brought all of this agony to them. Every time he started to do something to help himself, to make himself happy, this happened. It was like he wasn't allowed any measure of happiness. Why did his joy have to cause others so much pain? These people were innocent. They didn't deserve all of this pain because of him. Once again, Ciarán found himself wishing for his own death. If he could just die and spare them... he would be happy but if he did die, Rosalie would be taken instead and he'd be back where he started... reaping death.

The man looked down at a homeless boy who couldn't be more that 12. Boils covered his skin and he was bleeding, saliva dripping down his lips. He was near death and no amount of medicine would spare him. Ciarán stopped walking and just stared at the boy. The poor thing. He was hurting. It would take him hours to die. He hesitated a moment before he pulled off his glove. He crouched down beside the child and let a shaky hand touch the boy's face. His eyes fluttered a moment before the rest of his life was snuffed out. A calm and peaceful smile touched his lips before he light was snuffed out. It made Ciarán's heart grow heavy. He quickly pulled his glove back on and continued on his way.

That is when he saw Rosalie. She was kneeling on the street, dazed. He could see the illness wafting off of her. He stopped, his heart squeezing. "Rosalie!" he called. He rushed forward and touched her face with his gloved hands. She was so dazed from the fever. He pulled her up into his arms and looked at the house she had just left from. He hoped it was hers. He rushed her inside and lay her back on the bed. "Just lay back Rosalie," he cooed to her and pulled out the medication he had brought with him. He prepared it before he gave her a slightly larger dose. He wanted to attack the illness quickly. He put a wet cloth on her forehead to try and get her fever down. "Oh Rosalie... I am so sorry..." he said softly and lightly tapped at her sores to clean it up a little without popping or disturbing anything. Unlike what the other healers believed, that wasn't going to help. It was just going to spread it.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun May 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Rosalie looked up and saw a strange figure a short distance away. He was shrouded by a cloak and every inch was covered. She felt the panic careen through her body as the man approached her. He looked like the grim reaper to her and she struggled to get to her knees so she could escape him. She flinched and shrunk away from him until he said her name. She relaxed and closed her eyes as he touched her face.

"My love, you've come for me." She spoke weakly in her delirious state as he had picked her up into his arms and held her close as he rushed her into her home. "I've missed you, please don't leave me," her eyes were rolling in the back of her head as her fever was raging through her body. She shivered as he set her in her bed and curled into a ball as he retrieved the medicine he had brought. She drank the syrup before she coughed. The blood leaked in the corner of her mouth and she shuddered again as he pressed a cool cloth to her forehead.

There was so much pain pulsing through her body. She shifted under his touch as he cleaned the sores and boils on her body carefully.

There was darkness shrouding the corner of her eyes. She felt feel it seeping into her and threatening to snuff her light out.

"Please, please no," she rasped and turned over in the bed. She was looking wildly about the room, her mind ravaged by the fever, and didn't seem to see what was around her. "Don't let it come, don't let it take me," she reached out and her hand found his clothed arm. She gripped him tightly at stared at him with vacant eyes as she did not see him, but something worse.

"Save me, my love, save me from this abyss that would threaten to end me!" she cried. Her body wracked with sobs and she shifted further. She began to cough again and her strength began to wane. The tears slipped from her eyes in a wild fashion until she grew still and fell back into sleep.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sun May 08, 2016 10:17 pm

My love? She said her love? She couldn't be talking about him. They weren't... they weren't lovers. Was she talking about her betrothed? Did she find that she did love the bastard that had treated her so unkindly? Had they married? Those cycling thoughts drove knife after knife into his heart. He hated to admit it now but.... he found that he loved Rosalie. He didn't want anything to happen to her and he cared so much for her. She brightened his day whenever she came by his lonely little cottage. He connected with her on some level. He knew they could never be together so this was truly a blessing that she found love in someone mortal; in some like her. It didn't stop the ache however. Ciaran sighed as he lay her down on the bed. She continued to talk as if he were her lover and he did his best to keep his calm.

He pulled a chair closer to her bed and gently moved her hair away from her face. "shhh.... shh... it is okay. You don't need to be afraid. You are watched over. You are loved," he cooed softly. "No one is going to take you away from here, Rosalie. I'll protect you. I'll make sure you heal," he promised and continued to wipe her down with the cool water to keep her body's heat under control. He also helped her drink water. The fever had no doubt dehydrated the girl and she needed to get some fluids into her body.

When she was a little more stable, he leaned back in his chair and sighed. Where was her betrothed anyway? He hadn't seen him when he had entered. Where was he when it was obvious she needed medical attention? He loved her, he would be here beside her and assisting her so he got better! She needed attention. He set the medication on the counter as he watched his sweet rose. He would try and assist the others and maybe he would, once Rosalie was back on the road to recovery. Then he could help others the way he should have been. Chaos was right. He was covered. He couldn't hurt anyone unless he exposed himself and he was still a healer. He still knew how to assist those ailing. Yes, he would help the rest of the town once Rosalie was all right.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun May 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Rosalie's mind was wandering to dark corners it had never traveled down. Monsters and demons were chasing her down, the sickness was burning through her like fire. Her body was incapable of regulating its temperature. One moment she would be soaked in sweat and trying to fling the covers from her body as best she could in her weak state. The next moment she would be shivering and reaching blindly for any source of warmth. It was a miserable battle as it went back and forth.

Each time he helped her drink it was a soothing balm on her parched throat. Her eyes danced under her lids. "...no...time...don't leave...afraid... Ciaran...I love...alone..." she mumbled in her restless sleep. The words were disjointed as most of what she said was incoherent.

Despite the disease that was festering in her body and seemingly eating her from the inside, the medicine did begin to work and she began to calm down. Her brow had been creased from anxiety and pain and it had finally smoothed over as her tossing and turning had ceased. Her chest began to rise and fall in a slow and deep rhythm. The hours passed as Ciaran had kept a diligent watch over her and kept administering the medicine.

It was well into the dark of night that her fever had finally broke. She released a very slow and relieved breath as her body realized it was now free from the burn. She shifted in the bed and curled up on her side as she was getting a restful sleep.

Dawn was nearing when Rosalie began to stir. She felt stiff and her muscles ached from all of the shivering she had done. She stretched her arms cautiously above her head and whimpered from the strain. It was more painful than she had anticipated. She was grateful the fever had broke and she was finally thinking clearly again. She managed to open her eyes before she began to cough. Her throat felt dry again and she was having difficulty swallowing. She turned over to her side to try and locate the water. She was startled to find herself not alone.

"Ciaran?" her voice was raspy and she coughed again. "What are you doing here?" the words felt like rocks on her throat as she couldn't understand what he was doing in her house.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon May 09, 2016 11:16 am

Ciarán sat vigil over the young woman the whole time. There was nowhere he'd rather be. These were stolen moments. He didn't belong here. She had her beloved. He should be here taking care of her, not him. But alas, the man was not here so he had these moments to himself to take care of Rosalie. He wished she was feeling better. Watching her suffer was not pleasant; especially not when he knew it was his fault she was in this situation. Every time she fought with the fever, he was there to aid her and give her more calming water. He had applied some herbs to it to reduce some of the pain and discomfort and help her get some actual rest. That is what she needed now.

As dawn approached, Ciarán, found himself nodding off. His head would lean forward slightly only for him to startle himself awake long enough to lift his head again. When he heard Rosalie's voice, he straightened and blinked his tired eyes. He looked over at the woman and offered a small smile. He was not sure she was able to see the smile considering the lighting and the hood. That was okay. He was sure she would know he was happy that she was doing better. Ciarán reached over to push some of her hair away from her face.

"Good morning, Rosalie. You never came back for more medicine so I came to see if you were okay. You weren't doing well so I stayed to help you," he explained. He picked up the cup of tea and leaned over to help her sit up a bit and drink the tea. "That is going to help your throat. The fever broke recently You should be feeling better in no time. I would give it a couple of days before you really start feeling good again. I was thinking that I... I stay a bit longer and hep the others to. This is my mess... I should be here to help them."

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue May 10, 2016 11:52 am

Rosalie's eyes fluttered for a moment as he pushed some loose strands of hair from her eyes. She offered a weak smile that slowly turned to a frown as he explained what he was doing there. "I'm so sorry," she quickly apologized. "I-" she stopped and shook her head minutely. "I don't remember much of the past couple of days. I think I must've progressed too quickly to remember or have the strength to get the medicine." She drank the tea very slowly and only coughed twice. It soothed her aching throat and the warmth felt good in her painfully empty stomach.

"Thank you for coming," she spoke quietly. "I know how hard it must've been for you. I owe you my life." She was sincere. She was grateful to be feeling better as she did but there was still pain and she knew a ways off to recovery. The surprise was evident on her face as he explained he'd stay to help the others. She had never imagined or expected him to stay when he had avoided the town for decades.

She twisted slightly to look around the room more. She frowned and turned her attention back to Ciaran. "Where's Alexander? I remember him being here." It was one of the last things she remembered before she had fallen unconscious.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed May 11, 2016 8:17 pm

Alexander. She wanted to know where he was. Of course she wanted to know where her Alexander was. Why was he so surprised that she would ask him where he was? He for one was happy that he hadn't met the man. They hadn't gotten off on the right foot and Ciarán knew that they never would be on the same page. Why would Alexander and him get along? They both loved Rosalie. Well he loved Rosalie. He didn't really know what Alexander wanted with her. He didn't trust Alexander to care for her. Obviously he didn't care enough to be beside her and treating her after all. She wouldn't have been kneeling in the street if Alexander was actually watching over her.

"I don't know where he is. I came into town searching for you and I found you in the middle of the street. Your fever was very high and you were started to have some hallucinations," he answered her. "I brought you back in the house and started to care for you. He has not appeared. I am sorry I don't know where he is," he a sighed and took the cup from her and rested it beside the bed again so she could get comfortable. He wet a cloth in the clean water and pressed it against her forehead again just to make sure they kept the fever down.

"The disease has gotten pretty bad here. I feel awful for not coming down sooner. I really should not have been so afraid. I am a healer. I should have been down here. I can't get sick so I have nothing to fear," he said then. "My years of isolation has made me forget why I was a healer in the first place." He leaned forward to caress her cheek softly. "You have reminded me. Thank you. I am sorry you had to get sick because of me." And now he did not want to get up and go help the others in the village. He just wanted to stay by her side. He couldn't though. There were others that needed his care.

"I should probably start going around to people now and administering the medicine. Are you going to be okay for now? I'll keep coming back to check on you while I assist the others, okay?"

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat May 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Rosalie frowned as Ciaran said he had no idea where Alexander was. She closed her eyes and tried to remember the last time she had seen him. There was a fuzzy image in her mind of a worried Alexander and soft words that were distant. The only word that she could make out was "doctor". "Everything's so muddled. Maybe he went for a doctor," she sighed, "maybe he got sick too." She shook her head. She was worried for him but the worry was considerably less since Ciaran was in her company.

She leaned into his touch without a thought and she gave him a gentle smile. "You're welcome, I'm glad I could help remind you. We need you here even if you are afraid." She leaned back into the bedding and settled in as he asked her if she would be all right. "Yes, I am fine Ciaran. Thank you for coming and thank you for saving me." She had a small smile on her face. "I owe my life to you twice now." She closed her eyes feeling her weariness come over her once more. Her body had a long way to recover still but now that the fever had broke things were looking in a positive light.

She was already drifting into sleep when he had left the room.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu May 19, 2016 11:02 am

Ciarán watched as Rosalie slipped back into a more comfortable and rest inducing sleep. He smiled softly and ran his gloved fingers over her cheek softly and pushed her hair away from her face so it wouldn't irritate or add more oil to the sores that resided there. He sighed and drenched the cloth in more water before he placed it on her forehead again and got up. He would come back after tending to the other wounded. The people may wonder what he was up to; some stranger coming in to look at their loved ones, but he was sure it wouldn't cause too much chaos. It would be obvious he was there the heal them.

It wasn't until the next morning that he returned to Rosalie's side. He groaned and flopped into a chair beside her bed. He was tired. He hadn't slept in a while and it was catching up to him now. He took off a glove to rub at his eyes and yawned before he put the glove back on and leaned forward in his chair to look over the woman. She was getting dehydrated again.

He grabbed the kettle and heated up the herbs again in the fire before he brought the tea over to the bed. "Rosalie," he called to rouse her from her sleep. "Rosalie, you need to drink more tea."

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:41 pm

It had been several days since Alexander had left Rosalie. He had been lost as to what to do for her. She had brought some herbs and medicine--from who knows where--and had been administering to the sick. Alexander kept telling her it was time to leave the dying town. He was ready to take her back to his home, but instead they ended up fighting and she insisted on staying and helping those that she could. It hadn't taken long for her to fall ill, extremely ill, and Alexander knew his only option was to leave and go find a healer who could help with this plague.

There was fear in his heart that when he had left her, that she would be dead when he returned, but if he didn't leave she would've died anyway. At least there had been a chance.

The whole village stunk of death. He covered his mouth as he rode towards Rosalie's house. The healer was following behind on a rather small pony. Alexander dismounted and quickly rushed into the house. "Rosalie!" he called her name and bolted up the stairs.

Alexander froze and the anger, rage, and jealousy pumped through his veins like poison. "What the hell are you doing here?" he demanded as he spotted the heavily clothed villain he had left alive in the forest.

Rosalie was laying in the bed looking weak. He stormed over and yanked the tea from the man's hand before inserting himself between them.

"Alexander," Rosalie's voice was weak and he felt her grab the back of his shirt. "Stop." She pleaded and attempted to tug him away. It didn't do much and she ended up dropping her hand.

"Give me one good reason to not gut you, right here, and right now." Alexander ignored Rosalie as he clenched his jaw together.

The only reason he hated Ciaran was because he felt threatened. Rosalie had defended him in the dark forest and there had been a look in her eye that she had never given him. Alexander thought that things were over and they never had to see this man again. He was wrong, and he was livid to be so.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Ciaran was actually feeling more and more at home in the town. There was still a lot to do considering the plague, but he was actually doing something about it now. Some of those who had contracted the disease around the time that he had come down from his desolate forest were on the mend. There were many that were beyond his help so he did his best just to make sure they were comfortable before they slipped away. It was sad that, but Ciaran was happy he was there. He knew that if he hadn't come down from the forest, many more would be dead and those he had healed would have only gotten worse. It made him feel like he belonged again that he was useful for more than bringing death but bringing life again. He had always been a healer at heart.

The healer sat beside his main patient and smiled at her. She was really started to get better and flourish. He couldn't wait until Rosalie was all better. He smiled to her as he offered more of the warm tea. "You are starting to look much better," he cooed. "The boils are almost gone. The medicine did a right good shock to your system so you should be healed up completely by the end of the week. You might still be a little weak as you regain your strength, but you should be good," he explained.

And before Rosalie could take the tea, everything changed. He looked up a bit startled to see Alexander in the house though this was the man's house. His absence had grown too comfortable for Ciaran and he knew that his situation had gone from pleasant to precarious in a matter of seconds. If Alexander touched him, Alex would die. If Alex managed to kill him, Rosalie's life would end up forfeited for him. He couldn't let Rosalie die for him. Not again. He would not have someone die for him again. The man got between him and Rosalie and so he took a step back to get some space between them.

He raised his hands slowly to show he was not armed. "Alexander, I am not here to cause harm," he said then. "I am a healer. I know how to help Rosalie and the people of this village. I have been treating them for the past two weeks. You can ask the towns folk for confirmation and you can see those that I have healed." He then nodded in Rosalie's direction. "And you can see that I am healing her. The boils are almost gone." He was desperate to try and reason with the man so things didn't escalate any further.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:41 pm

Alexander was a dangerous man. The jealous that was coursing through his veins was a hot liquid. His hands were shaking at his sides as it was taking a great deal of will power to not strangle Ciaran on the spot. Rosalie glanced down and noticed this immediately and her heart dropped in her chest. She realized the reality of the situation. If she couldn't calm Alexander down he would kill Ciaran, or die trying.

It didn't matter that Ciaran was calmly explaining why he was there. It was a legitimate reason, and one that was very honorable. However, it fell upon deaf ears. All Alexander could hear was how close Ciaran had been with Rosalie the past two weeks as he had traveled to find a healer who knew how to deal with this disease.

"Healer?" he spat. "Ha!" he narrowed his eyes darkly at Ciaran. "You are nothing more than the devil's spawn using dark magic to heal a disease you must have created." As Alexander voice this aloud the idea of it all sunk into his flesh and he stepped forward angrily. "You brought this plague here!" he pointed an accusatory finger Ciaran, and he wasn't wrong. "You did this to drive these people to their death beds. You orchestrated this whole thing so that you could save the town and be a hero." This, of course, was wrong. Rosalie saw that the delicate balance in the room was starting to slip and would take a steep fall. She struggled in her bed with the heavy covers.

"You've put some twisted spell over my Rosalie, that is why she is unable to return my affections." Alexander was nearly to his breaking point. Rosalie finally stood shakily from her bed. It had been too long since she had used her legs and they buckled beneath her. She flailed but Alexander had not stepped far enough away from her. She latched onto his arm, startling him, and for the moment he turned his full attention onto her. He wrapped his arm possessively around her waist and pulled her into his side.

"Alexander, stop." Her voice was surprisingly firm despite her weak state. "Ciaran has come here to tend to people he is stranger to. He has sacrificed a great deal. He is my friend, nothing more." Even as she spoke the words they cut deep into her heart and she felt it begin to bleed. There was a foul taste in her mouth and she wished she could pull the words back from the air and stuff them away. She knew she had to cut the ties now or Alexander would hunt Ciaran until he had his head.

Alexander's hold on her tightened painfully and she grimaced, but she emitted no sound. She had a funny feeling that if he let her go he would turn on Ciaran. She gritted through the pain as she felt the bruises breaking beneath his touch. "I love you Alexander, and I want to marry you." The words caused her heart to bleed more and it was far more pain than she had experienced before in her life. Even when Chaos had dug into her side it was nothing compared to the anguish she felt forcing Ciaran to watch this.

"Forget Ciaran, let him go tend to the others. I am on my way to recovery now." Her words were soothing despite the turmoil spinning inside of her like a wicked tornado. She rested her hand on Alexander's chest and rubbed a soothing circle.

It had the desired effect and the hatred and thirst for Ciaran's blood dimmed in his eyes until it was a faint flicker.

"I'm sorry I had to leave you, my pet," Alexander pulled her tighter to his side, if that was possible, and this time she let out a small sound of pain. He brought one hand to tangle into her tousled hair and pressed a kiss into her skin.

She felt the bile rise in her throat as he touched her. She couldn't bear to look at Ciaran. What would he think of her? She knew more than friendship had developed between them but she was too afraid to put a name or label to it.

She squirmed slightly and forced herself to stop. Alexander needed to believe her words and trying to escape his loving grip would send the red flag back up.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!