Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Masks of Death

The Masks of Death

a part of “The Masks of Death”, a fictional universe by Soul_Alchemist.

What happens when Reapers begin to fight one another?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Masks of Death”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Masks of Death

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexusRaevynn on Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Haha, pretty much the same here, though it's more concepts I get written down than pages of the book :) Also, I'm nearly always carrying a notebook or two, or more :P
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AlexusRaevynn
Member for 8 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Helllooo all :D

This looks aces !!

I would love to join if you will have me :3

Edit:

I have been writing the same novel / idea for a couple years now. I start it, get really into it, say get a good few chapters down, then im struck with writers block unsure how I want my character to get to the ending I want for that chapter and I end up putting it aside for a while before an idea will suddenly spark ! This has once spanned half a year of writers block :/ BUT i am determined to finish it !!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:11 pm

Sure Lolkatlove, we're still accepting. I'll be making another post later today to try and move things along but I suspect it won't be until tomorrow or the next day that anyone really does anything, seeing as how today is a holiday.

Lately I've been tyring to think of something to write, but every time I sit down and try to start something, my mind goes blank. So right now I don't really have anything I'm working on.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexusRaevynn on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:56 pm

It's a holiday? Oh wait, 4th of July, got it. (In sunny-for-once England here so...)

Waiting on Sinclair with Raven and trying to figure out how I want to slot Skye in haha :P

With my stories I favor dark fantasy - my current project is a semi-post apocalyptic style world with steampunk elements to it XD

AlexusRaevynn
Member for 8 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Sunny.. England? Are you mad?! Must be an illusion :') (also english!)

I have submitted my charrie Marion !!!

Hope you like her :) Here's a link: roleplay/the-masks-of-death/characters/marion

I have her back ground being that she defended a younger reaper from demons causing her to fall to the other side for seven decades to regenerate if that is okay ? Thought it could be good drama.

Speaking of drama...... I had a thought.... for character relations, it would be interesting if said younger reaper she protected had now defected to Sinclair.... It would cause Marion anguish and she would be furious with her young prodigy :D If anyone fancies it ? If not no worries :)

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Hmm... So far the only one to first be on Valko's side but defect to Sinclair is my character Lune. But that defection happened well over a century ago though... And I can't really see her holding onto a role she hates for longer than she did. Her year of death is also pretty much set in stone, so I can't make her younger to make up for it either.

But I wouldn't want to make a new character that's that similar to my current one either, variation is the spice of life after all...

Maybe someone else?

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Hello Elusive!

Well I could adjust Marion's time in the shadows to fit if you want to take up the character relation? Seven decades isn't set in stone it just sounded about right :)

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:07 pm

Marion was approved Lolkatlove, I like that character a lot and I think she will make a good edition to the storyline when she makes her entrance.

I like that idea as well, of your character basically raising a Reaper who turned away from Death. Maybe if nothing else we can come up with an NPC type character later on in the story. Sinclair could have brought the Reaper over to his side but kept it a secret.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexusRaevynn on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:02 am

I don't mind editing Skye a little if you want, he could easily fit on Sinclair's side as well :P

Edit: If not, I don't mind making a third character :)

Edit edit: Actually, I think I'd rather make the third character, have a load of ideas floating around and I've somewhat strung a few into some sort of semi-coherent train of thought...

AlexusRaevynn
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:46 pm

@Soul Alchemist: Thanks Soul ! I'm excited to start with her :P

Question: When in the shadows, is a reaper aware of what is happening in the world or are they basically blacked out in slumber so unaware?

@Alexus: ooo yay I'd love to work with you on this >.< Do what you think is best ! I look forward to seeing your third character if you are making one :D Let me know if you want to sort out any kinks I can adjust some of Marion's Reaper history to fit in :)

I am tempted to make a second character myself but debating whether I can handle another with my other roleplays XD

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexusRaevynn on Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:55 pm

@Lolkatlove - I'll get to work then :P already have the power, cause of death and face claim sorted out, along with her current name haha xD I've been muttering to myself on the way to and from work about it, probably gotten some odd looks but oh well~

Just one question, was Marion like a mentor to them? Will need to know to adjust my characters history with :P

Edit: And little Zero is done, made Marion a sort of mentor figure to her before the incident and Zero's defection :P

Lemme know if I need to change anything~

AlexusRaevynn
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Somehow I have the feeling that Lune's a lot closer to True Death now that Zero is here... Between a Goth Loli that's actually loyal, and a Goth Loli that's only been terrified into submission, I can easily see Sinclair choosing to discard the latter Q~Q

Ah. Well. I guess it's back to writing a new character for me, for when the inevitable happens D:

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexusRaevynn on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Poor poor Lune... :P

Though given how Zero is prone to doubting things and the fact that she'll likely meet up with Marion again soon we'll see how loyal she stays :P

AlexusRaevynn
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:03 pm

AlexusRaevynn, Zero has been approved. I like the character a lot, and that is a really cool looking weapon. I look forward to seeing her join the cast soon.

Lolkatlove, it depends on how injured the Reaper is, and how long they stay in the shadows. Initially, in Marion's case for the first decade or so, they just sleep, but as they regenerate they become more aware. So nothing for about 10 years, hazy ideas of what happened over the next 40-50 years, and then a vague understanding of the rest of that time.

ElusiveAuthor, remember, Valko would probably do what he can to get your character on his side. Should Sinclair try to kill her, he might step in to save her in the hopes she might change sides.

I'm about to make a post and move things along a bit. Sorry for the delay, been rather busy lately and just discovered a new (new to me anyway) tabletop RPG and have been designing characters and a campaign for it.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:47 pm

Im going to wait for the battle to progress a bit before bring Marion in,

I have realised though, I need to name her spear. Any suggestions?

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:26 am

Maybe you could name it after a Gaelic god/goddess? I don't know really, I'm horrible at naming things. Gungnir comes to mind right off, of course, but that's Norse and doesn't really fit your character....hmm...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:50 am

Well, third try at this post. If RPG eats it again I quit...
---
I just want you guys to know I'm still active. Just waiting for someone *coughRavencough* to post, as he'd see the attack incoming before me...

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexusRaevynn on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:10 am

Posted, and after two more days of work I'll have a week off so plenty of time for me to post then :D

AlexusRaevynn
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bolin on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:37 pm

Is anyone still active in the RP

Bolin
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:24 pm

I'm still around was just waiting for it to move forward a bit :/

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!