Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dream Extraction

Dream Extraction

a part of “Dream Extraction”, a fictional universe by Umbrella.

1x1 between Penelope Lemon and Umbrella

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dream Extraction”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dream Extraction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:26 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dream Extraction"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Umbrella
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Dream Extraction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Well it only took me 100 years but I got the characters complete. I've decided to take on three characters, since the antagonist and Ginny might be less involved until further into the role play. You're also welcome to creative control of the antagonist when I get him up.

As for the other two, Ben is the retired extractor we talked about and I was thinking that the trainee he takes under his wing will be taking Ginny's job...so a new architect. Is that okay? We can change it if you'd like. That also means that your other character is good to take the place of the point man/chemist. Good? We all on the same page here? Ha ha ha.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:21 am

I've had a look at them and they look great! I'll hopefully gets my two up today, although it's my sister's birthday tomorrow and we've got a lot of cake to make!

An architect as the newbie sounds great, yes. Just to check, it's the point man/chemist that brings everyone into the dream, right? I was wondering, to make it slightly more gritty, if we could go for the bug idea rather than computers? As in, there are insects that bite people. One insect bites the same people in the space of a few minutes then it releases a shared chemical into their blood that means they share the same dream. The chemist also then has to put them to sleep, which the bug bite doesn't do.

Umbrella
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:00 am

Great, thank you! And no rush on your characters. As for the point man (or woman I guess, whatever you decide), you know, it's your character so I say go for it! And yes, they're the ones that bring people into the dream and collect information about the mark and stuff like that

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:24 pm

I've put up both my characters. I haven't made James look pretty yet, but I'll do it at some point. Also, I've put his secret in a spoiler. I don't mind if you want to read it, but I wasn't sure if you would, or just prefer to leave it to discover during the story. I don't mind.

Also, I wasn't sure where the story was starting in terms of James as a trainee, but I've just put some basics down in his history for now, which can easily change.

I'll take a look at your new character at some point too, but have to go at the moment!

Umbrella
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Ugh, I desperately want to read James' secret but I think I'll leave it. More exciting that way, yes? Your characters look beautiful, I'm low key jealous that I didn't think of using Gemma Arterton first, ha ha ha. She's such a beauty. The history for James looks good also.

I put up a brief, very generic character for our mark. And like I said, you are welcome to role play him too as you see fit. I tried to just stick to the basics so he can be playable by both of us.

Hope your sister has an enjoyable birthday. Once you've got your characters all ironed out, I'll let you have first post, seeing as this was your brilliant idea. Very excited for this role play!

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:16 pm

Haha! It's not the juiciest secret in the world or anything, so don't get too excited, but he feels guilty about it, so I guess that makes it important to him! Gemma Arterton is beautiful, yes. And I very much approve of both Michiel Huisman and George Clooney. Haha! ;)

I'm away all day tomorrow, so I won't be able to do anything then, but I've got something posted today. I wasn't really sure where we wanted to start, so I hope it's okay. I can easily change things if you think we should start at a different point.

By reference point (in my post), I was kind of thinking in terms of people going to Rosemary to get information, to hear what was going on etc. I mean, her office/lab could be a base. Let me know if you have any better ideas or think anything should be changed to work better. But I look forward to seeing where this goes!

Umbrella
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:34 pm

I'm just going to apologize here because I always feel like my first few posts are lame, so sorry. It always takes me a bit to get into the flow of the role play and the characters, you know? I promise I'll get better.

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:47 pm

No, not at all! I know how you feel though in terms of trying to settle into a character.

I hope the stuff about the missing girl is okay. I thought it might give the story a bit more of a focus.

Umbrella
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:09 pm

No it's brilliant! I love it. I can't post today, though, but hopefully tomorrow, so sorry!

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:49 am

So I went ahead a did a time skip, hope that's okay. You're welcome to post it or continue this one and I'll start the new part with my post, whichever you prefer.

I wasn't sure how similar to Inception you wanted to make this; I like the idea of the trained subconscious, I think it adds a great element of suspense and action; as soon as the dreamer realizes they are in a dream then our extraction team can get into serious trouble. Let me know what you think, we can always change it. I think that's all I want to borrow from Inception...character totems might be cool. I think we cover most everything else. Thoughts?

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:01 am

Did you post this before or after my last post? Sorry! Yeah, I'm happy to time skip with the next post or whatever. It'll help the story to keep moving, I think.

I'm not sure really. It's been a while since I've seen Inception so I can't remember what's in the film etc, but the trained subconscious is a great idea. Gives more opportunities for it all to go downhill! We can bring in the totems too if you'd like. I'm happy to go with the flow. I mean, if there's anything else we want to take from the film we can bring it in as needed.

Umbrella
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Okay, great, I just don't want to step on any toes since this was your idea in the first place. If we can work the totems into the role play organically, then lets do it.

And I am so sorry for taking so long to reply! Independence Day weekend and all got me distracted, but I'm ready to get back to posting.

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:01 pm

No, it's no problem!

I've written a bit of an essay for my post, sorry... I think I got a bit carried away. Haha!

Umbrella
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:33 am

Ugh, I am so sorry! I know I was gone all last week but I need to take another short hiatus this week too. I am up to my eyeballs with school assignments and I just need to take care of them before I get back into role playing. So so so sorry! I'll post as soon as I'm able.

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:44 am

No, it's absolutely fine! Don't worry about it at all :)

Umbrella
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Back! Finally. Thanks for being patient with me.

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Ironically, I'm actually going away tomorrow for a week, so I'm afraid you're going to have to be patient with me! I'm really sorry, I hope it's not a problem!

I'm also going away mid-August too for just under a fortnight, but that's not for a little while yet.

Umbrella
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby penelope lemon on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Lol, no! I suppose I can wait. Where are you headed off to?

penelope lemon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:05 am

I'm back! Sorry about that! I went camping at a big Christian festival called Momentum with a load of friends from uni. In August I'm heading with the family to Croatia -- a bit more glamorous than camping, haha!

Umbrella
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!