Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Secrets of Ruin

Secrets of Ruin

a part of “Secrets of Ruin”, a fictional universe by NasiaWords.

From the beginning, there have been creatures, both dangerous and friendly. And there are those who have been chosen to defend who matters and annihilate those who pose a threat.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Secrets of Ruin”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Secrets of Ruin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:11 pm

Welcome to Secrets of Ruin! This is about the fourth or fifth time I have run this RP, in hopes that maybe it can bloom into what it once was! Please make sure you read the full introduction so you know what's going on and what you should be doing! I welcome you once more to what I hope will be a great adventure for us all.

This RP is based in the modern USA, a town called Green Heights, California. Basically everyday odd occurrences have a very good explanation here, mostly monsters and Ruinosus on the hunt. In this version, you are allowed to have someone else play your demon, in which case you would just shave off the demon part of your CS and have someone else do it. Here is a quick recap of the rules.

RULES OF CHARATCER SHEET

1. For Physical Description, Personality and History, you must have at the least 1 – 2 paragraphs for each. If this isn’t completed, then your character will be denied until you correct it.
2. For your likes and dislikes, you can have a minimum of 5 each. If this isn’t completed, then your character will be denied until you correct it.
3. Find as many picture as you can. But a minimum of 2 – 3 is required. If this isn’t completed, then your character will be denied until you correct it.
4. You MUST us the Character Sheet provided. If this isn’t completed, then your character will be denied until you correct it.
5. On the portion that says “Thoughts on Other Characters” you just list each character as they are submitted and list what you think about them. If you don't know someone, leave their space blank until you do.
6. Don’t don't be over dramatic! Heart-wrenching, yes, over dramatic and annoying? NO!
7. Once again, ALL STUDENTS START ON THE SAME SKILL LEVEL. When sparing with the Fighting Instructor, there are no ‘close calls’. Your teachers have far much more skill. Please don’t be a complete show off. You’ll just make yourself look dumb.

RULES OF ROLEPLAY

1. No god-modding.
No one, and I mean NO ONE is perfect. No one is a complete master at anything. Everyone is of equal strength (except the Master) when we begin, and no one gets spontaneous boosts in their ability.
2. No sexual scenes.
Romance is encouraged, but please keep it PG. If you really want to, take it to PM.
3. No repeated use of slander.
Saying a bad word here and there is okay. But not every other word you say has to be f*** or s***.
4. Proper grammar.
We all have the ability to use proper English, so please do. Capitalize when you’re supposed to, punctuation where it should go, etc.
5. No quickies.
If you’re in a rush, wait to post. Nothing is worse than a simple sentence to go by. Please try to make your posts at least 200 words or more.
6. Stay with it.
No ding-dong ditching. If you want to make a character, you better stick with the RP. If you have a legitimate reason for having to quit, we understand.
7. Be regular.
Post once or twice a day. It sucks to be stuck behind when your partner is absent. If you have a reason, say it in the OOC or PM the GM.
8. OOC.
Pay attention to the OOC. This can have as many applicants as possible! Also check the OOC regularly for any updates or notices.

I feel I sound kind of rude when I state these, but it is purely from experience in what has happened with the previous RP's I have created and been a part of. I really am hoping to have this RP last much longer than the others and continue to grow. I will be starting off the RP posting with the teacher, who will be my only character. If we really need more I will probably do another.

There will be one spot of each attribute open, which I will check off when they are reserved. If there is a large amount of requests to join, I will open up more positions. I hope we can work together to make this RP great again!

I used to be normal ... until I met those losers
Who I now call my Best Friends

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Secrets of Ruin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Wind: RESERVED
Water: RESERVED
Earth: RESERVED
Air: RESERVED
Fire: OPEN
Ice: RESERVED
Shadow: RESERVED
Light: RESERVED

Please request down below for a position. If you would like to have another RPer play as your demon, please also say down below. Any other requests, ideas, plans, whatnot, feel free to post them or PM me and I will be sure to reply. I am a 'stay at home wife' so I literally never have anything to do. I will usually respond quickly unless I happen to be away from the computer doing laundry or something. I also have a Skype if you would like to contact me that way, same username and all, no capital letters.
Last edited by NasiaWords on Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:06 am

I am quite interested in reserving the Water role for this roleplay. If you wish to better discuss matters of the RP I'm quite open to using Skype myself amongst the methods that be. I should have a character up by tomorrow since I got the meat of the character laid out from something quite similar.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:39 am

i'll be interested in shadow, please!!

EDIT: would i be able to use my own character sheet & change it to suit what you need in your rp, or no?

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:19 am

@Zalgo: I'm very sorry, but I had someone PM for the Water spot, if you would like to reserve a different spot that would be great, but if you re dead set on water I can arrange the attributes accordingly. :)

@cybernekokaito: Shadow spot is yours! I am fine with you using your own CS as long as it just has the same general information as mine does. :)

I'm glad to have you guys on bored! Please PM me if you have anything you would like to discuss or take care of!

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:04 am

Assuming it hasn't been ninja'd yet via PM, I'd like to reserve the Ice spot. Please.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spearheader on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:29 am

Can I reserve the light spot? (Just dong it formally :p )

Spearheader
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:22 am

@NasiaWords Unless it's been taken then I suppose I'll take earth. I can make that work.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:03 pm

@Byte: The spot is yours!

@Spearheader: Can't wait to see your character!

@Zalgo: Of course! He is all yours!

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bluelium on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi! Can I make a character for air? I'm working on a face claim right now. And we have to create a demon, too, right?
If every pork chop was perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs.

Bluelium
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:35 pm

@Bluelium: Of course! Air is yours and I'm excited to see what's in store!

Now this is just a reminder for everyone who is in the character making process! Since your powers haven't reached peak, all the demons MUST be smaller in size! Lily is the instructor for these courses and whatnot so make sure when we start if anyone has any questions, make sure to ask! After this we only have two spots to fill! I'm going to say that in about three days time, if we don't receive any requests for those positions, we can either make them NPC's or if someone wants another character that is fine too.

EDIT

Another rule I need to clarify on is the absence rule. If you will be away for a few days or so, make sure you let us know so we can continue on. If you haven't posed in a few days, I will contact you to see what is going on. After the third day, I will continue to send a PM every day, just to be safe. If a week goes by without any response, your character will be lost in battle. If you make it known that you will be gone longer than a week, your character will simply be an NPC until you return. If you have no plans on coming back, you have the choice to let your character be adopted or lost in battle.

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bluelium on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:14 pm

How old should my character be, and do I start at rank Q? (Just to confirm, sorry if this is annoying!)

Bluelium
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:37 pm

High school age, so 14-17. (I only say 14 cause I started high school at that age) Whatever you see fit our what ever age would play into your history well! Basically you'll be attending a private high school, going to regular classes and then there is the after school club activities. After we get all the characters submitted, I'll assign roommates.

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bluelium on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:43 pm

All right, thanks! And we start at rank Q?

Bluelium
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:48 pm

Rank U T S R Q, one of those. :)

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:38 pm

i'm so tired from my shift at work & i have a headache, so i'm gonna lay down before i work more on my character. i should be done tomorrow or the next day

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bluelium on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:12 pm

ive finally finished my character! @NasiaWords is there anything wrong with it?

Bluelium
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:46 pm

She is very good! The only problem is, and I think this is partially my fault for not explaining better, that her powers are more wind based.

Wind in here is storms, pushing things around, tornados, anything of the such. Example.

Air is more like air pressure, so pressure bombs, air platforms. Like this.
One can massively condense air around his/her body, or in a static shape away from themselves. These hardened clusters of air are as sturdy as steel, and can be walked on and used as armor. Further, these pockets of hardened air can be violently released when pushed on, creating a repulsive effect, as if they were the bumpers in a pinball machine. This technique can be used in one of two ways, the first is to power punches. If times correctly, one can release the air when their fist connects, adding massive force to the impact. The second use is to turn also into a human pinball, abounding themselves off the controlled explosions made by the detonation of the hardened air pockets, allowing one to achieve massive speed.

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:00 pm

question about shadow powers: what would i do for those? also, do they have to be the same as what you've listed on yours, or can i make my own? for example, going along with the puppeteer idea that you had with yours, i had the idea of like... some sort of canine made out of shadow with long sharp teeth & powerful jaws that could wound people? it would be made out of shadow, of course, but would that be acceptable?

EDIT: you can check my progress over here, & let me know if there's anything i need to change!! www i would appreciate it!

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:36 pm

The powers are where you can get as creative as you want as long as it follows your attribute. So yes! This is fine! And your character looks very good so far! Can't wait to have you all start!

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!