Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Not a Hero

Not a Hero

a part of “Not a Hero”, a fictional universe by VyxnMoon.

Super Powers are a normal thing, its pretty well accepted. Every 1 in 5 people have some sort of gift. Some gifted become Heros, far too many though are becoming Villains.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Not a Hero”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Not a Hero

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VyxnMoon on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:39 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Not a Hero"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
You are my Sunshine, my only shine....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VyxnMoon
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Not a Hero

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VyxnMoon on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:27 pm

FC:Holland Roden

Scorned/21/Assistant Teacher/ Shadow Power

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VyxnMoon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Heya,

I wouldn't mind making a character with Gravity Powers,

Yet to decide on Gender and FC ^^

What are the age limits ?

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VyxnMoon on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:30 pm

Aww Thank you!! Umm I say 16 is the youngest and 25 should be the oldest but if it is well written and thought out I probably wont care if they are younger or older. They just need to be able to fit with the plot.

VyxnMoon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Softballpup12 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Hey, are we allowed to create a character whenever??? I'm going to submit one but I didn't see any rules so...

Softballpup12
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:48 pm

Hmm, sounds interesting. I've got a character in mind with superspeed, only he's lazy. Gender is male.

How many characters are we allowed? And are the FC's suppose to be anime or real people?
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Softballpup12 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:38 pm

I think real people as she did use a real person for hers above.

Softballpup12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Softballpup12 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:43 pm

"What is immortality worth, if you want to die?"
FC:Ashley Greene
Scorned/Immortal(Looks 18, technically 25)/Student/Immortal

Softballpup12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VyxnMoon on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:35 am

@Softballpup12 I would like them in within 48 hours and completed within 72, the reason I didn't put any rules (especially about characters) is because I was having a really hard time getting my format to work. Ill add them now. Love the FC but I would prefer no immortality, just because people might take advantage of it (not saying you would of course.)... How about rapid healing/wound-illness impervious which causes slowed aging? I don't want to ruin your idea though so please if you really want Immortality please give her plenty weaknesses....

@Alle9009 Real Life is preferred, I'm sorry for those of you that might prefer anime.
Lazy is fine, Honestly we (those of us wanting to be heros) are a group of students/teachers that don't want to be noticed, that don't want their powers, etc. so he would work.

VyxnMoon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:49 am

Ah, its cool! I was just curious because I had this really good anime FC which would make a perfect good lazy pic dude but didn't want to use it in case it RL pics. Hence the question.

Searching for FC now

For immortality, why not functional immortality? Someone who is not able to die anything but a natural death. It means that although they feel pain and can regenerate from pain, any attempts to kill them will just cause them to revive until they die from old age. What do you think?

Edit - Possibly Song Jae Rim. Doesn't have the messy 'bangs over eyes' look, but then again it takes effort to get a haircut...

Edit 2 - Think I'll add another character, only this time healing.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Softballpup12 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:13 am

@vynxmoon I can definitely do the plenty of weaknesses thing. I'll try and finish the basic idea in 72 hours, but I hope it's ok if I add more as we go along.

@Alle9009 I think the functional immortality would be cool, but one of the plans I have for her character is that she won't ever want to make any friends or grow close to anyone because they'll all die in the end and she won't. I think I will figure out some way for her to die, maybe by giving away her immortality to someone else, but it'll be to the point that it's really hard.

Softballpup12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VyxnMoon on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:35 pm

@alle9009 That's great, I love that idea of functional immortality.

@softball pup, I'm just worried that it's too powerful a gift and that it won't flow with the RP but she's your character. I'll trust you, but if I think her power doesn't work as the game progresses we might need to work together to find a muddle ground that does.... OK?

VyxnMoon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Softballpup12 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:20 pm

@VynxMoon Hmmm combining Alle9009's idea of functional immortality with your idea of healing gave me an idea. Would it work for her to have immortality, but she can die a death caused by anyone who doesnt want/try to harm her? So basically, she can die if someone is forced to or accidentally kills her, but if someone tries to kill her or she tries to kill herself she'll simply regenerate?

Softballpup12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Softballpup12 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:01 pm

@Vynxmoon I finished my character. I'll try to get some others to join! Also, are you interested in having a co gm? I think the combination above should fit, considering the fact that the character is quite flawed in personality. I hope you agree. If you want more details, there are examples on the character sheet. I did take out a couple of elements that seemed to break the flow of the CS, but I hope that's ok.

Softballpup12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VyxnMoon on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:04 am

Sounds wonderful, and I will give it some thought. I will look at her and approve before bed but I just went on a date and need to shower. (he was sweet but clumsy and accidently dumped his soda into my lap...)

VyxnMoon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Softballpup12 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:49 am

Wow... Smooth dude, smooth. Funnily enough I've been there before, but with water thank god. Hopefully your clothes are ok! :) by the way, I'm not planning to use her power that often, and she'll train just as hard as the rest. Most of the time, it'll seem like she doesn't even have a power because it will only work if someone were to throw a knife at her or something like that on purpose. So battle is when it matters, but she only uses it as a last resort, and there are plenty of ways for someone to accidentally be killed in battle. For example, if someone were to dodge a knife and it hit her in the back, or she got in the way of a sword meant for someone else. So technically she could sacrifice herself for someone, because the one wielding the blade wasn't aiming for her. But she'd only be able to die from it if it truly was because she cared about them and not because she wanted to die. And thanks so much for approving it!

Softballpup12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Heh, that's gotta suck. Poor guy; he must've been mortified. Hope your clothes are ok! Do you plan to go on a second date?

Also I should be able to complete my CS tmrw. I've been having trouble figuring him out and I keep thinking up potential characters for this... which is too many to implement, so I'm trying to decide which one. Kinda weird, really.

Either a flier or a sound-user.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Neko is interested!! Power being a combination of enhanced sensory processing and heightened reaction time. Built in downside that essentially normal levels of stimulation for senses would be within the zone of pain or overwhelming.

which would also mean well...fighting will essentially require lots of pain killers cuz pain would be worse too as it's been made "more efficiently aware of the damage"

Also yeah, Neko remembers last date of drink spillage... and Im the clumsy one...other party was shall we say...less than pleasant in their response.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Ah spillages, the memories ....

*cough terrible memories push them away!!* (me being the clumsy one who spilt drink on their own lap !!!!)

:P

I was wondering if there was perhaps a gender preference? I'm easy going making a male or a female not too fussed !

But it may affect my character personality so any preference?

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bugprince on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm into this! How about a character who can control and hear the thoughts of insects? The downside being that they can't shut out the thoughts they're getting, so their mind is just a big loud mess all the time because there's so many bugs around at any given time.

bugprince
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!