Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Memory File 001

Memory File 001

a part of “Memory File 001”, a fictional universe by Guardian Aelita.

Where does your loyalty lie? With the Chosen, the Endlings, the CC or the Hackers?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Memory File 001”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Memory File 001

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Aelita on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:16 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Memory File 001"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Guardian Aelita
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Memory File 001

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:58 pm

This looks really interesting, I would like to reserve the hero! Chosen of fire!

*Edit*

Eheheeh....sorry about that...I would probably become a farmer. Loved to make a garden, despite how back breaking it was >-<

*Yet another edit XD*

I will hold off on the character for today, I am not sure which gender to be. So I shall wait to see what character comes first!
Last edited by Specmarine on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Aelita on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:38 pm

@Specmarine Sure thing~! Lemme reserve you and also can you please answer the question in the rules? Please and thank you! XD

Guardian Aelita
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:22 pm

I'll reserve a spot as an Endling. Not sure about the FC yet, but I'll probably be playing a female character. As for the question, dunno. Maybe I'd try to become a Landsknecht and live a short, glorious life of battle and revelry, or maybe I'd just mind my own business and be a peasant or scholar or something.

Just a question. Would it be alright to have an Endling who compensated for inadequacy as a mage by also utilizing technology? Backstory-wise, it might have something to do with her powers being specifically created as a weapon for the Endlings to use against the Hackers by employing their own means against them. Her alignment, meanwhile, would probably fluctuate depending on how things go. I was thinking that she'd probably modify a spell used to "astralize" the user to become a spirit in order to temporarily digitize herself and/or specially prepared items. Uses would include the following.

1: Encoding the data of items like weapons or tools beforehand in order to summon them later. Provided she had enough time to prepare, she could also use this to capture people by forcibly astralizing them and trapping them within a virtual prison, but only if she could already restrain them and keep them in place long enough to encode their data.
2: Transforming herself into a waveform being encoded with her material and mental data, allowing her to link into the wireless technological network and use that to "teleport" or, at the very least, become "incorporeal," since information travels much faster than a physical body, and can't be interacted with directly.
3: Using this second ability to upload herself into a network, basically "hacking" a system by simply overriding it with her own mind. She can only control things directly so long as she's in waveform, however, and thus must rely on leaving directions within a system in advance if she wants to "hack" while also materializing herself physically.
4: Partially performing astralization in order to fuel technology with her own energy.
5: Overlaying her own astral body onto an existing entity, using astralization to repeatedly digitize aspects of their body, modify them, and de-astralize them, essentially allowing her to synchronize with a willing host and grant them heightened abilities through consecutive modifications. A synthesis of her astralization magic, technology, and a spell meant to fuse the strength of two souls into one, essentially allowing her to "hack" reality with respect to one person for a short period of time. This requires a great deal of focus, however, so she can't manifest her own body while she's performing an Overlay.

On the upside, other mages don't really have a natural counter to her ability, and she's capable of hijacking CC resources in much the same way as a hacker would, allowing her to make up for her lack of offensive power through stolen and subsequently digitized armaments.

On the downside, astralizing herself or her belongings might allow a particularly skilled hacker or CC technician to engage her on a virtual level, stalling her within the digital world, depriving her of her weapons, or perhaps even hacking her very mind and assuming control of her thoughts and actions remotely.

Would this power be acceptable, or...?

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:55 pm

Interested in becoming an Endling. If possible, I would like to reserve a character who holds an affinity with multiple elements (Water, Wind, Fire, Earth) but rather than being the Avatar, uses these elements as a way to bolster his own physical and mental capabilities, perhaps imbuing weapons with different properties as well.

While he would not be casting fire spells or crushing foes with Earth, the improvements provided by the elements would keep him on level with a more traditional mage, so as not to waste the spot provided.

Also, in regards to your question, I would likely be dead. I can't live without my internet or memes, it's just not going to happen even in a hypothetical situation.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:16 am

Ey oop. If it's alright, I'd like to have a go at making a character for the "New Recruit" of the Hackers.

I might PM you about a couple details I had in mind, but I'm a bit tied for time at the moment so... Look out for that some time in the near future.

As for your question, I couldn't tell you honestly. With the knowledge I have now, it'd be impossible for me to imagine life without the technologies of today. So much has come to depend on it. On the other hand, though, if I had lived like a caveman al those years I probably wouldn't bat an eye. Live my days as a globetrotter and travel the world, I guess. But, y'know, details.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Aelita on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:01 pm

Oh wow!! I didn't expect so many people to come up here! I was actually getting a bit discouraged after seeing only one person for a while. Lemme get to work on all your reservations~

@Feyblue Perfect! I adore your powers that you gave the Endling! I honestly would be surprised to see how they handle themselves. Welcome to the crew!

@FamishedPants Hm... While that opens up the potential for possibly being a bit overpowered, as long as you can balance it out with some weaknesses, I don't mind too much. Either way, welcome aboard!

@Byte I'll look forward to that PM but for now welcome to the Hacker crew! I honestly thought you'd be an Endling. XD Still, lemme get that reservation up for you. No love for the CC yet though.

Guardian Aelita
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:17 am

Reserving a CC character here. Soldier A or Vice Commander, depending if we get someone who wants to play a higher role.

No special abilities whatsoever but I hope we are allowed to pilot a machine. My character would probably pilot an all-terrain weapons platform/mecha built with 21st century robotics and engineering. Everything is manually operated, with very little computer interface, which prevents malignant signals from entering. On foot, my character would be a regular soldier, with all the bells and whistles of it.

As for the reservation question well, I'll probably still be a writer. I'm not that useless without technology anyway as long as my hands can find something to do. I'll probably blow a lot of money on buying paper though.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathScythe386 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:59 am

Took me a while to drop by here and get a reservation up but hey. Might be reserving the Commander for CC...because robots. On technology not being around, not sure. Aside from dying because it's literally my lifeline, I'd probably just go sharpen my writing or my drawing. It's all I'm good at.
Image Image
"We could have played games again."

DeathScythe386
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Aelita on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:56 am

@Saya and Sai Sure thing~ Ask and ye shall recieve I guess. XD I'll reserve Sai for Commander and Saya for Soldier A. XD Huge thanks for the help, Saya. This wouldn't be good without your advice.

@Everyone Looks like we have most of the cast filled out~! XD Like I said, you can have more than just one character if you would like~ Lemme know if you'd like to take another role.

Guardian Aelita
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 am

I just reminded myself, are Chosen/Ends basically mages? I mean being called a mage is a sorta boring title...But we are able to use magic, no physical increase and stuff like that right?

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:36 am

Well, I'm done with my character~

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:31 pm

Sorry it's taking me so long to finish my bio. Been busy with papers and the like. Hopefully, I should have some to finish up some time in the next few days.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:13 pm

Finally finished pretty much all of Yaya's bio. I just need to write up the history section, but I'm waiting on Famished to complete his bio first. I submitted the bio anyhow, though, just so it's up there.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!