Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

[CLOSED] RPG's Roleplayer of the Month!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

[CLOSED] RPG's Roleplayer of the Month!

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Maestro on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:11 pm

Why: This forum plays host to a wealth of talent; remarkable users that have not only showcased their skills and creative capacity but been a leading voice within the community. We believe it is time for their contributions to be recognized, so here is YOUR chance to ensure we can make that happen. Starting today, nominations can be sent to either ColeMaibara, or Absenthia via private message or posted to this thread directly. But think wisely because each person is only allowed to make one nomination, and each nomination is to include a statement between 100-300 words that discusses why they should receive this great honor. Just some of the qualities to keep in mind before making your nomination include being friendly, helpful, innovative, creative, passionate, and respectful. Keep in mind these are just a small fraction of the qualities we are looking for, and that YOU get the final say.

When: This contest will end precisely one month from today (December 6, 2016) at 11:59pm eastern time (January 6, 2017). Once this contest closes, the results will be announced hopefully within the following week.

How: All nominations will be sent to either ColeMaibara, or Absenthia, and are to include both the nominee’s username as well as a statement that should include what qualities you believe they possess as well as what they have contributed to the community that warrants them being recognized. Alternatively, nominations can be posted here using the same format described above. Any other relevant information is welcomed. These statements are to be at least a minimum of 100 words, but not to exceed 300. You are NOT allowed to nominate yourself (as tempting as that may be).

Once all nominations are in, and dependent on which users receive the most definitive support, a final decision will be made by a review team comprised of staff members. Any suspected alt accounts used to make multiple nominations and/or nominate ones self will be thoroughly investigated and dealt with accordingly. One nomination per person! Statements relevant to the winner may be made public once announced.

Reward: Aside from gaining the admiration of your peers, a thread will be put up to congratulate the user, and the user themselves will become an official member of the Contributor group – which comes with it both recognition and a yellow colored name that will be publically visible on the FORUM ONLY.

An additional reward may be announced in the coming few weeks.

Please feel free to discuss amongst yourselves and voice your support or any feelings and/or thoughts. But stay on topic and keep in mind that you are free to post your nominations here as well as send them in privately to one of the staff members named above.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

First.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [Contest 12/6/16-1/6/17] RPG's Roleplayer of the Month!

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:16 pm

As vain as I am, I'd have to nominate Xunnamius as Roleplayer of the Month. Yes, I may be doing so because he's a friend, but I think it could be viewed the other way around. He's a great friend because he's worthy of a nomination. A very creative guy, I'd say the quality of his writing exceeds my own, and I've always been able to rely on his talent and creative thought. Although we've pretty much only played in several remakes of the same roleplay together, the roleplays that he's helped me run have been my most successful ones yet (and I've yet to do better since) and has been open and enthusiastic in incorporating new ideas and trains of thought (while I have previously been very stubborn and picky). It's hard to not get excited to read the drama he incorporates into his dialogue.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 1.75 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Thank you so much for your nomination Lloyd999! Please be sure to encourage your friends to also submit their own nominations!

~M

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.75 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

I nominate Sparky Salvatore, because his skills as a writer go unnoticed half the time, and he is the very writer that I look up to since he gives me inspiration for my own writing, and encourages me to write every day for the novel I am currently working on elsewhere. It's the first book of a trilogy, and he's helped me so much with ideas, and even allowed me to add three of his characters to the story. I think this really is deserved towards him. He's a remarkable person, very passionate about his writing, and loves to read. He needs to be noticed more because he has a talent for sure. His writing style is something I really love to admire when I'm reading his stuff.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.25 INK in return for their work.

FeistyDeadlySins
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings Completionist Visual Appeal Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:06 am

FeistyDeadlySins,

Thank you for your nomination! Please help spread the word of this contest. Thus far, I am pleased with all of the current nominations; especially because it gives me the opportunity to recognize deserving users for the work that they do. Keep them coming!

~M

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

I want to nominate FizzGig. As a former Mentor (back when they were called Mentors, not Scholars) her reputation should proceed her. Either way if it wasn't for her, I don't know that I would still be writing; I found her during an awful dry spell and great loss of interest in writing.

She's too nice for her own good, and this weekend she gave (or is going to give, not sure on the tense, haven't been updated) birth. Now she's (or now she will be) a busy adult that I won't be able to write with for some time, but it's like the end of a coming-of-age novel where the protagonist's confidant dies or moves at the end: It's sad, but the good work has been done and the protagonist's life has been improved in a meaningful way.

FizzGig is also good at picking up on details on themes in other people's writing and adapting the style to keep writing consistent, which is not something I've found in many other people.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 2.25 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 pm

MayContainPlagiarism,

Thank you for your nomination MCP! It is appreciated. As usual, please help spread the word of this contest. I would love for it to be successful because it is my goal to continue doing this in the future!

~M

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

There's only, like, 20 people who still give a concerted effort to write anything of quality and contribute to the experience for everyone else nowadays. You don't have to keep doing it for long before you run out of candidates.

Because of this, I would also like to nominate FizzGig for Roleplayer of the Month of the Month.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:33 pm

MayContainPlagiarism,

Although this is a monthly contest, it is something that will probably only be done a handful of times out of the year at first for the reasons you described. Meanwhile, other contests will optimistically take shape. Hopefully new users will make their mark here in order to be recognized in the future. The goal is to recognize the underdogs that some users may not even know about.

~M

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Why, though? RPG has never been organized as that kind of community. Back when it was thriving, you didn't need to be a somebody; everybody was faceless and nameless and we moved between RPs and the Multiverse as it suited us. Every now and then you'd run into someone whose username you recognized, but there was no reputation barrier of entry to participation anywhere.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 2.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:45 pm

MayContainPlagiarism wrote:Why, though? RPG has never been organized as that kind of community. Back when it was thriving, you didn't need to be a somebody; everybody was faceless and nameless and we moved between RPs and the Multiverse as it suited us. Every now and then you'd run into someone whose username you recognized, but there was no reputation barrier of entry to participation anywhere.

Hey MayContainPlagiarism,

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm sorry you feel this way, but we thought that this would encourage our users to have some fun, point out some people who's writing we hadn't read previously or would have never thought to join in a RP with. An let's be honest, it's nice to get recognition for a hobby or favorite pastime.
With that being said, FizzGig has been added to our list of nominees. So feel free to suggest anyone else you might think of before the deadline!

- Abs ;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 2.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Hey there!

To be honest, there are heap-loads of RPer's on this site I'd love to nominate. Awesome people I thoroughly enjoyed talking to. Y'know the ones, they go the extra mile to make sure everyone's having a good time and pour their souls into their work (I'm looking at you, GM's. You guys are amazing). And of course, all the amazing writers I still look up to and try to emulate. Like, seriously. I'm still amazed I've been on this site this long (It hasn't felt that long). And there's still so many I haven't met yet. Which is why this site is so fabulous. But this is still like asking me what my favourite song is. Nearly impossible.

For anyone else who knows me, I'm pretty shy. I creep in the forums and don't say much because of this, but I kind of felt drawn to this particular contest because hey, I've met some seriously talented people here, and it's cool that there's a platform for recognition. So, doing my best not tot slap down a large list of people I admire, I'd like to nominate Val. Otherwise, known as The Valkyrie.

Why? We've known each other for quite awhile, so I feel like I'm being a little biased. But I've always adored her writing style, and the voice she uses for each character created. Not only is she an extremely talented writer, she's a warm soul. She's always willing to help you out, and has saintly patience. I mean, if anyone's RPed with me before, I'm not the quickest to post. Her Dragon Age roleplay was also my first introduction to the awesome group I tag along with now, which I'm eternally grateful for. And as a GM, she was always involved with character interaction, and development, so no one felt left out. Need any help? She's there to sashay things into place. There was absolutely no disconnect. Mostly, I feel like she doesn't know how awesome she is.

Keep writing, duckies.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Awinita on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:12 pm

I'd like to nominate NeverEndingFlip for his amazing storytelling, each post they make is so well detailed its like I get lost in the awesome realism of the post
"What happens in Hyperspace stays in Hyperspace" ~ Cynthiana of House Kuat concerning her and her husband Radimus' 'training sessions'

Awinita
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:33 pm

This is a great idea -- I'll come back in a bit with a nomination, since there are several very well-deserving folks out there I have floating around in my mind.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Absenthia on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:57 pm

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for all of your nominations! Keep 'em coming till we close them on January 6th!

~ Abs

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Lyysa on Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:49 am

I want to nominate VivaVictoria because they are the best roleplayer I have ever encounter. And it's true. I've never had so fun writing as I had when I was creating things with them. Their creativity is so inspiring and their character creation is top notch. Their characters really come alive! I have no idea how they get their characters so realistic but they are always so complex and their reactions are so spot on. They really know how to write something that will make everyone involved in the story! It doesn't matter if it's in their own roleplay or in someone else’s, in mine even, they always are there to drive the story forwards. To make plot twists no one expected.

It's true, I've never had so much fun as when I wrote with them. VivaVictoria is truly what I strive towards being. They are so amazing and I want everyone to know that because VivaVictoria deserves that.

And why I describes them as plural is because I don't want to use he or she since I don't know what's the right one and I don't want to offend them.
Look alive, Sunshine.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:44 am

I'd nominate Kurokiku. She's been a constant inspiration to me as a writer since she became a member. Seriously, her writing is so incredibly impressive,it makes me green with envy. I'm thankful when we get to roleplay together because it lays bare my own inadequacies as a writer and makes me strive to get better, especially when I sometimes feel complacent in my skill.

In addition to being a fantastic writer and roleplayer, Kurokiku is extremely helpful, kind and friendly to newcomers and veterans alike, exactly like what a staff member, moderator, and scholar should be. Her position is not why I am nominating her, but rather, she has earned that position by virtue of the very same qualities that I mentioned above. She is a wonderful person that I am happy to call a friend, and if I ever actually write anything half worth publishing, she will be in the acknowledgements. I could go on, but any more and it would verge on flattery.
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:54 am

After thinking long and hard, I have decided to nominate Fishbucket for Roleplayer of the Month.

Fishbucket is a rather recent RPer on this website, joining around three or so months ago. In that time, however, he has maintained a consistency in posting that are both vivid and entertaining to read. In that time, he has created a delightfully fresh cast of characters to interact with and has kept up with all of them. In that time, he has remained highly active, not just in one roleplay, but in a huge variety spanning across the Multiverse. That's his typical domain, but I believe if asked to join another roleplay, he'd do it in a heartbeat. Not to mention, he's French. He uses this site as a gateway (haha! puns!) to enhance his English and his writing in this language. If you ever get a chance to talk to him in chat, you'll notice his dialogue is a little choppy. His posts remain fluid and intriguing in word choice, despite this. Not to mention he is a friendly dude and is very easygoing on others when they need a little more time to type up a reply.

Because he is one of the most consistent RPers I've ever encountered on the site and is a writer who loves to write, I will nominate Fishbucket for Roleplayer of the Month. :)
Gotta Go Fast

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Absenthia on Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Hello!

As I'm sure you can tell, today is the next to the LAST day to get your nominations in! The contest ends tomorrow night, January 6th, 2017 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5) and then we will announce this months winner.

Best of luck to everyone, and may the odds be ever in your favor. ;)

~ Abs

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!