Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

PULP FICTION

PULP FICTION

a part of “PULP FICTION”, a fictional universe by Madame.

Random people are getting super powers, the why isn't as important as what this will mean. Set in modern day San Francisco. [Advanced]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “PULP FICTION”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

PULP FICTION

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:37 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "PULP FICTION"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Madame
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: PULP FICTION

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Oh this looks interesting! Mind if I take a slot? I was thinking of my character having ice powers which he still has a kind of tough time controlling. Would that be alright with you? If not I've got plenty of other characters in mind with different abilities.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:45 pm

We can discuss abilities and their fine tuning once we have characters up, for now just concentrate on building a character. It's good to keep whatever powers you fancy trying out in the back of your mind though. Thank you for you interest!

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Sure thing! I'll just leave that section blank then. Truthfully ive got a bunch of different things I wanna try anyway. There's so many superhero and villain characters I've been trying to play on this site but I've never been able to use them for very long so of course I'm interested!

I should hopefully have a character sheet in some time tonight. But if not I won't be able to get one intill at least Friday maybe later than that. Hope that's alright with you.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snapfish on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:14 pm

Hello, i was wondering if I could be a character who is a person with no abilities, but goes after people who break the law and have abilities. In my mind my character uses tactics and deception to try to compensate for the difference in power.

snapfish
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:39 am

That's not a problem blue take your time. I have a feeling it'll take a week to get a decent amount of people anyway.

To address you snapfish, I don't want you to get bored or have too few people to interact with so that idea could be tricky if everyone else is your opponent. If you're set on that though I'm alright with it. Just think through interactions and see if that's something you want to do first.

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamingreality on Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:10 am

"burnt cheeto wearing a toupee"

This is my favorite thing.

If you don't mind I'd like to create a character. :)
She'll likely be done tomorrow night, if that's alright with you.

dreamingreality
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:28 am

Yo! I'd like to make me a dude if that's alright with everyone. Already coming up with sweet superpowers. But I got a few questions, is it alright to use face claims? Me personally I prefer to use FCs. And also what's the sort of age range are we looking at here?

Later taters!

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheShyGirl on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Hello there! This seems like a pretty cool concept. If you don't mind, would I possibly be able to reserve a character?
My character would most likely be female, just for the record.

I'll most likely have a WIP up tonight for my character if everything goes smoothly.

TheShyGirl
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:56 am

Oh good more interest! To answer you directly @CutUp I believe some people are already using FCs so let's go with that. I have no preference so long as we're all using the same thing whatever that thing may be. Though I have to admit, this rp does seem more... FC than illustration doesn't it? If that makes any sense. I feel as though FCs would serve it better.

I look forward to seeing characters and like what I'm seeing thus far. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:52 pm

I think Daniel is pretty much done on the writing side aside from the stuff I can't fill in yet. I'll find a face claim for him later. If theres anything wrong with what I have up let me know!

Also whats your policy on multiple characters? Because depending on how many people we get I kinda might wanna try my hand at a second character. Most likely a villain.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamingreality on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:46 am

I think I'm finished with Elodie, as well.
With the exception of the relationships and powers section, of course. :)
Please message me if you'd like me to change something or add to something!
Or if you just have a suggestion of what a cool power would be for her! :D

dreamingreality
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Also for those who are done or almost done feel free to pm me regarding relationships with Danny since he's pretty much done! Or if you'd all rather wait till powers are established I'd be ready to discuss whenever.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:53 pm

@dreamingreality, Elodie is accepted! Though protests can last pretty long and it would make more sense that she were a year or two older, as it was implied she's been to quite a few. Either that or she didn't see them through to the end every time, which wouldn't be uncommon especially for someone with her predilections. Up to you.

@Blueshadow Could you keep certain answers such as the stats short? So as not to mess up the look of the coding. You can elaborate on anything you feel you need to down in personality or history. Multiple characters are fine so long as you can handle that many.

Lets not making anyone younger than 18 I think. Am I correct in assuming everyone is going to make people that are relatively young? Like early 20's age? In which case I think I have a character coming into mind, someone older and wiser to be a guiding hand perhaps. FC Laurence Fishburne I think.

y'all are going to have to rescue him from government agents at some point

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Sure thing. All fixed!

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamingreality on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:28 pm

She's now 22 :)

dreamingreality
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:16 am

yo, how's it going? good to see a modern fantasy for once. So I had an idea, with the GM's and snapfish's permission of course; I'd like to also have a character with the same job/occupation as Snapfish's character. that way he will have some character interaction. They could be partners if the job has that sort of thing. But i'd also like for my character to have powers she keeps on the down low for obvious reasons. don't know much else about how she copes or her exact reasons why she hunts people that are like her. but it'll come to me. oh and i guess i'll use this FC if it's alright.

EDIT: so i got an idea that i want to run by. I don't know if any of you have watched Heroes but i was wondering what if my character had a power similar to that. it'd give her a good motivation to do what she does. and i wouldn't mind playing the villain. just an idea though. of course there'd have to be discussion on not making her too op if the idea gets passed.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:26 am

I'm done with César! Hope ya'll like him! Been thinking of powers for him, and I've got a couple of ideas for him:

Superstrength/Durability - Well he's gonna be an amateur boxer, figured that'd fit.
Kinetic Energy Absorption - Think Sebastian Shaw from X-Men, basically he can absorb the physical blows he takes, turning it into strength. Cause if there's one thing he knows how to do, it's take a beating.
Force Field Generation - I just think that'd suit his personality a bit.
Animal Mimicry - It'd be more of a shapeshifting power, basically he can take on certain physical characteristics of animals without completely turning into them. He turns into a cross between the animal and a human. A Wereman if you will. Like for example he could take on the characteristics of a hawk by growing some wings, and talons, or gaining the durable scales of a crocodile, or getting the muscle mass of a gorilla, getting all Hulked up. Don't really have a reason for it, I just thought it was super badass, and would be super fun to play.

Basically what I picture of César is that he's more a physical, and muscle type of guy. Oh, and anybody wants to discuss relations feel free to hit me up anytime!

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Welp I'd say I'm officially finished with Danny! Filled the sheet with pictures so he should be done. Well aside from the powers that is. I'm ready to discuss the possible powers whenever. I've got a few ideas in mind but I wasn't sure if you wanted to discuss when we had a few more finished profiles or if you just wanted an open discussion upon completion.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheShyGirl on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:51 pm

Alright! I think that I'm done with my character, Ara, as well. I decided to make her a villain since it seems that most of the characters so far are more on the good side of the spectrum. Although, I wouldn't say that Ara is truly evil exactly, but whatever. I already have some ideas for her powers as well, but I'll go ahead and wait tell everyone is ready to share their ideas before I do.

Also, if anyone wants to discuss relationships, that'd be great. I'll probably get around to messaging people at some point if you don't feel up to it right now though.

Just let me know if there is anything that I need to change about Ara!

TheShyGirl
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!