Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Bedlam Dawn: Freedom's Fare

a part of “Bedlam Dawn: Freedom's Fare”, a fictional universe by MartinVole.

With the fall of a tyrant from beyond the veil, people once again are masters of their own world. Unfortunately, that means now to deal with those terrors that the tyrant kept at bay.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Bedlam Dawn: Freedom's Fare”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:10 pm

As of this post the roleplay is in part still WIP. As such I am open to suggestions such as adding more places, but I want to keep it rather tight on locations to avoid sparsity that would impact flow and ability for characters to interact. Especially if an event were to occur, naturally.

To clarify on an uncertainty, this is basically something along the lines of: otherworldly monsters VS those that can stand against them. I try to avoid saying VS humans, as since this is a fantasy setting in another world, playing human is not necessary. That means, there are most certainly non-human races like beastkin and sapient/sentient beasts (including dragons, behemoth, etc), shape shifting creatures, artificially created mutants including splices, etc.
Honor and arrogance are two sides of the same coin. We don't need standards like "honor," we just need mutual respect, and to do right by ourselves, as well as others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Re: Bedlam Dawn: Freedom's Fare

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:12 pm

Interested in this. Were you imagining most people to take on the roles of the otherworldly monsters or the resistance? I can do either, or both.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Idealistically I was considering focus on building up resistance roles before moving into building up monster roles. Players are not restricted to a single character, though, so there is that too.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:30 am

Well, I'll start thinking about a resistance role for now, and I'll add a monster role when or if it is needed.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Announcing that posting has started but new arrivals are still open. Consider Outsider (creatures from beyond the veil) roles open.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:07 am

Oho! Being the big bad has always been my favorite role! I will get to creating an Outsider~

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Promethean World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:21 pm

Sorry that I disappeared on you, I got sick and decided to spend a week in bed. Still not at a 100% but I'll see what I can get done today so I'm not too far behind the rest of you.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Hello all,

Still looking for people?
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:41 am

Yeah, still open here.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Arghhhh, I managed to lose everything. Guess that means I'll have to start writing everything again. Jolly good times

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:30 am

If anyone was wondering I was giving some time for Crichton or perhaps even ol' Gurgi to post. Hoped they haven't strived to far away and join us again soon!

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:19 am

Still here, apologies for the delay. I'll try to get something up today.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:06 am

Still alive here since the outage?

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:16 am

Should I wait for Crichton here or should I just go ahead and post?

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:47 am

I'm going to write a post right now but you can go ahead if you like!

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:38 pm

Alright, took me way to long to realize that Crichton had posted, but now I'm done. Other than that, is there any plan for when the Outsider characters will come into play?

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:52 pm

I sneak in posts when you least expect them. In the night, while you sleep. Under the radar. Also, I was kinda assuming we'd take turns on making the Outsiders villains or something to that effect– although that would obviously take a while. What say ye, GM?

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Well, I say... whoever wants to take up the reigns after Spec's Rook arc is finished. After all, unless something changes, my Outsider is still under lock and key. :|

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:25 am

Bit late again, the airline lost my suitcase and my computer was in it because I'm an idiot. I'll get it back tonight though.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Long Lost Lius on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:47 am

Temptation, to, post, rising.

Long Lost Lius
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!