Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Game of the Gods

Game of the Gods

a part of “Game of the Gods”, a fictional universe by maloneyc16.

When the gods and goddesses became bored, they created a violent game where 17 humans with unique abilities battle to the death for the ultimate prize of immortality.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Game of the Gods”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Game of the Gods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maloneyc16 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:13 am

Hey guys! Post your information for your reservations here.

For your character sheets, I want you to include your character call. A call is a phrase describing your characters power and battle preferences. For example, in the book that inspired this roleplay there was a character that could create earthquakes and this character was very strong and dangerous, his call was "Quake before me." That is the kind of thing I would like to see for each character, it can be that length or longer.

Another thing I would like you to include is an expansion of your characters powers. I only listed the basics I wanted to see for each characters powers. I want you guys to expand on those powers and come up with unique tricks they might have. I also want you to write down effects their powers have on their appearance. For example, my character The Warrior has eyes that look like fire when he is angry or using his powers. Connect your characters features with their powers, like the Huntress, she could have certain animal features. You could have their powers affect their appearance the more they use them.

Something that I didn't explain in the introduction is that some players have been gifted with certain things from the gods. This would be the whip that The Seductress has and the horse and armor that the Warrior has. It can be other items as well such as a necklace with special abilities or some kind of special ring. These items are found by the players at odd times, they are drawn to them and randomly find them when the gods/goddesses want them too. Not all players have to have something like this.

I also want you to describe what their card-like image depicts (It is what the players see when they meet each other).
You can just label it "card image".

Lastly, I want you to include whether or not their family keeps archives of the past games and if they have been training for the game their whole life.

Other than that, just have fun with it and be creative. I can't wait to see some badass characters!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

maloneyc16
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: Game of the Gods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:46 am

Okay...I've never read the series this RP was based off of, but this sounds interesting, so I'm going to join anyway ^^

May I reserve the hunter and the huntress? FCs are Cody Christian and Zoey Deutch. Thank you!
❝ Hell is empty and all the devils are here. ❞
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Korruption
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Inspiration Person of Interest Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xNocturnax on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:23 am

Okay I can't turn down this rp.

May I reserve The Temptress with fc: Sophie Turner. Her eyes are just so blue, I mean even I get lost in them :P
ImageImage

xNocturnax
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maloneyc16 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 am

You are both reserved!

@Korruption, it is fine if you haven't read the series because this roleplay isn't going to be the exact same as the series and if you have any questions you can just ask me.

@ xNocturnax, I would prefer if you reserved another character, if you only want the one then I'll just let you reserve the one though.

maloneyc16
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torrentwolf on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Can I reserve the Hollow Man (FC; Nicolas Simoes) and the inferno (FC: Jack Falahee)? Preferably both with beards.

Torrentwolf
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maloneyc16 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:57 pm

@Torrentwolf, putting you down as reserved!

maloneyc16
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xNocturnax on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Oh I just didn't want to be greedy but I've been eyeing the Ruler Of Knowledge if that's okay? And I'm thinking Eliza Taylor for the FC.

xNocturnax
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maloneyc16 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 am

@xNocturnax, that's perfectly fine. I'll put you down as reserved!

maloneyc16
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 am

Hello thdre, May I reserve the Trickster and the Queen of Thorns?

Britne Oldford and Thandid Newton respectively?
Watch me draw this and other strange things

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maloneyc16 on Mon May 01, 2017 9:57 am

@TheCrimsonLady, you sure can! I'll put you down as reserved!

Okay guys, all the spots are taken so once everyone finishes their characters we can start the roleplay!

maloneyc16
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maloneyc16 on Thu May 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Alright guys, everyone has submitted a work in progress for all their characters. I would like for everyone to finish up their characters in the next two or three days if possible, so we can go ahead and get started.

maloneyc16
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torrentwolf on Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Ok I'm basically finished with my characters, ready when you guys are.

Torrentwolf
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maloneyc16 on Sun May 14, 2017 12:14 am

Okay guys, we are now ready to start the roleplay. I was waiting for someone to finish their characters and they ended up losing their reservation. I took over The Queen of Thorns (I just finished her character sheet) and have decided to kill off The Trickster. She died from a zombie attack before The Ruler of Knowledge sent out the vision of the church and her icon went to the nearest player which was Fate.

Now I'm going to go over some stuff I realized I didn't clarify or mention. Bear with me, as this is going to be long.

First thing I'm going to go over is details of the apocolypse. The apocolypse started with a large flash of the sun that knocked out all electricity, took out plant life, and brought a drought. The flash killed most of the worlds population and also brought the creation of zombies. These zombies are what typical zombies are known to be, creatures that eat humans and can turn other people by biting them. As for the worlds population it has diminished immensely and is decreasing every day. Women are very scarce and are often coveted by men, many women are captured by men and kept as slaves. Most people left in the world are cruel and do not have the same morals as they used to, it is all about survival. Another group of humans that causes trouble are the cannibals. They are a large group that is known to be vicious and animalistic. The cannibals often set traps for people throughout abandoned towns and houses. When the apocalypse struck it not only destroyed plant life, but also made it impossible to grow any type of plant. The only one that can create plant life is the Empress and she has to drip her blood on the ground for this to happen. The drought has been a constant since the apocalypse, but that does not mean it will stay that way as the weathers and conditions of nature are chaotic. The drought could stop only to have endless days of rain, or blizzard conditions with no end. The sun can stay up for months or it can not make an appearance at all. The possibilities are endless and up to your imagination.

Now for the calls, card images, and icons. I have mentioned all of these before, but am going to go over them again to be thorough. Each players has their own designated call and card image. They were created by the gods as a way for players to recognize one another. When a player nears another player, they begin to hear their call. The louder the call is, the closer the player is. Once the players actually see each other, their calls will blare into each others minds like a yell, and then the call disappears and will not come back until they are separated again at a far distance. The card image only appears when the players first see each other. An image will appear over their heads, resembling a card, and will have the title of the player at the top and the image that represents them directly underneath. The only player able to hide their call and card image is The Deceiver. Icons are something I briefly mentioned in the introduction. When a player is killed, their icon goes to the player that kills them, or the player nearest to them in the case of a natural death or death by someone other than a player. The icon appears on their forearm and will remain until they are killed or until the next game if they win. If a player kills someone that already has icons, then they gain their icons as well. This meaning that the winner of the game will have the icons of every player on their arm. What the icons look like aren't that important, you can simply say 'The trickster's icon' and so on and so forth. If you want to make up what the dead players icon looks like though, that is fine.

I also want to discuss the past lives of the players. I purposely decided to not create a set past for the players. I want to discover these things as we go on in the roleplay. Some players have no knowledge of the past lives, but some have come from families that have kept archives of the past games. An important piece of information is that the only player that knows everything about the past is The Ruler of Knowledge, but it is difficult for even her to get every detail as she has so much knowledge clouding her mind. Players that have archives have limited information as their past selves did not find out everything there was to know about the game. Not even The Warrior knows everything. The basic knowledge that all players with archives have is the title of every player as well as a general knowledge of each players power. Meaning, they may not know everything a player is capable of, but they know their basic powers. I want you guys to be creative with the past. If their is a time that comes where your character is telling story from a past game or helpful facts about past games, make it to be whatever you want as long as it is not completely outrageous. I will have my characters go along with whatever you say about the past. For example if a player mentioned something that the current warrior had done in his last game, I would have him confirm it or something along that line. Just be sure to read everyone's posts do we don't mix up the past.

Lastly I want to talk about the beginning of the roleplay. As you all know it will start out with the players coming to the church specified in the introduction. I have realized that I didn't give a place and am going to make it in Utah. The town doesn't matter much as most road and town signs are destroyed, not to mention the fact that people tend have a hard time remembering what state they are in with all the disasters about. The church is holy ground and players cannot fight there. Upon the meeting, The Ruler will specify her yearning to stop the game and explain why the other 8 players, 7 not counting the trickster, might have to be killed regardless. I don't care how you have your player react, but one thing is certain, All players must agree to end the game.Your character may not actually want to end the game, but they have to agree. It would be fine if you had them betray the group later on though, I have no problem with that. From there it is up to your imaginations. The characters will have to face the problems that came with the apocalypse as well as the game, so keep that in mind. Also note that you do not have to post with both of your characters together, but you can if you want.

I think that is all. I hope I answered all questions you might have had and if you still have questions do not hesitate to ask me on here or pm me. Sorry for the long message and feel free to go ahead start posting!

maloneyc16
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maloneyc16 on Mon May 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Just one more thing guys. If a player dies, then it is broadcast to all the others players in their mind, sort of like their calls. The death is announced by whoever earned that players icon, so when the trickster's death was announced, it was in Fate's voice.

maloneyc16
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!