Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Providence College for the Future of Heroics

a part of “Providence College for the Future of Heroics”, a fictional universe by Robinwing.

As the first generation of 'Superheroes' age, the torch must be passed on to the new guard. But, those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. The solution to that: training courses for superheroes.(OPEN)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Providence College for the Future of Heroics”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Fri May 05, 2017 6:00 pm

A higher education college is opened to try to improve on the first generation of superheroes with the second. The roleplay follows the very first class to attend this college, as well as the first set of ex-superheroes to serve as the school's faculty.

Okay, you may see that the WIP label is on the RP, it's fine, I just need to work on the character skelly and we should be good to go! So if you guys wanna ask for reservations now, we are ready to do that, just don't try to submit characters just yet.

But first: sleep
Last edited by Robinwing on Sat May 06, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Providence College for the Future of Heroics

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sat May 06, 2017 8:25 am

Oh I'm intrigued. I have so many characters that would work for this lol. Among them being a plant controlling smart guy, an insane barbershop quartet with replication powers and a banshee scream(cause every role play needs a villain haha) and a no talent loser whose only power is to instantly pull things from a magic chest. I have half a mind to make a a character for each major.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sat May 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Alrighty, character skeleton is up and running. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to make a start on my own characters.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draniei on Tue May 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Alright, could I reserve the professor for the combat major please? I'll write up a character sheet shortly and my faceclaim will be this:

Draniei
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 am

Righto, on it.

Mind if I ask who that is, just out of curiosity?

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draniei on Wed May 10, 2017 12:19 pm

His name is Omar Borkan, basically I knew I wanted a Middle Eastern look for my character so I Googled "Middle Eastern male models" and he came up in a list of top ten hottest Middle Eastern men. I like his style, he uses a lot of ornamentation and bright colors, which aren't seen very often in the West.

And also, his power will be water manipulation, or hydrokinesis.

Draniei
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Wed May 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Alright, that sounds great!

Just as a heads up, I've posted up a Roleplayers Wanted thread, which also contains some extra info on my kind of headspace going into the game. Not at all required to play, but you might wanna know if that's something you're into knowing, or if you wanna go in and post your own headspace going in. I know Forum Roleplays don't generally do that kind of stuff, but that's been my kind of style as a GM for years, so I thought I might kind of give it a try here, see if it works.

superhero-higher-education-rpers-ahoy-t104782.html

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Wed May 17, 2017 7:07 am

Hello I am interested. I will fill out a faceclaim And reservation once my kid is at the sitters in a few hours. She thought 3am was up time today @.@
There is so many to choose from, and the rules are very simple. I'm huge on communication so no problem there. If anything I over communicate.
Just a quick question: can a student or professor be from one of the other universes?
Have fun, Don't get lost, Don't fall in. Three essential rules of life - KameJLa

KameJLa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Wed May 17, 2017 12:37 pm

@KameJLa Yes, they certainly can! My student reservation is actually going that direction too!

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Wed May 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Ok thanks. Sorry it took a while. I decided i had to have a nap or the world was over @.@ Love my kid but ugh. lol :P
I will have it up within the next half hour. Just finalizing face claims, have many to choose from.

KameJLa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Wed May 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Ok these are going to be a set of twins, so there will be two characters. Here are the face claims, I haven't come up with Character names yet:

Student for Combat: - Power of Enhanced Strength.
FACECLAIM: Kamenashi Kazuya

Student for Research and Development, or Defense and Rescue. Power is the Siren Physiology(With possible merfolk tied into it <--- Undecided over merfolk physiology tied into it)) You can decide based on her powers.
FACECLAIM: Kitagawa Keiko

Forgot to mention one thing. - Twins share a special power, and just this one. They can comunicate via writing on their skin. If the Female twin writes her brother a message on her arm, it will appear in the exact same spot on his arm.

KameJLa
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Wed May 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Alrighty, looks good, I'll go add them

Just for the sake of adding the reservations, I'm gonna call that communication power Written Telepathy, until I'm told otherwise. And I'm gonna put her in the Defense and Rescue class, again, until I'm told otherwise. Just say if you want either of these changed.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Wed May 17, 2017 3:48 pm

That actually looks good. I was kind of leaning towards defense and rescue from her power so great minds think alike! XD

Written Telepathy sounds cool!

I'll start working on the Character Sheets and should have them up and finished within the next few days. It's an hr till I go pick my daughter up from the sitters, then I work the rest of the week. I tend to take my ipad with me and at least do all the info, and save pictures for later.

KameJLa
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Thu May 18, 2017 5:32 pm

OK today was super busy at the dealership. Every time I had a spare second to log I the phones rang off the hook ( I am the receptionist at the car dealership). I hope I can do more info on my character sheets later tonight when the kid goes to bed. I was not expecting the busy day but it went by super fast! :D

KameJLa
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sun May 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Just a quick little heads up: if I seem furtive in my online status, that is because I'm avoiding a different roleplayer who's not on this game. Please don't tell XD

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Mon May 22, 2017 10:19 am

Ok no problem Robinwing. I am working on my character sheets when I have time. I had family here for the long weekend, and my two year old is just being a two year old this weekend. Not napping and not sleeping at nights so I'm a little slower than usual.

I need to flush out their personalities, history, add a few more strengths and weaknesses, and add the img at the top (Not sure how to do that yet, had to google hexcodes. never heard of theme before), then I should be done. Please let me know if i need to change anything during my time in editing them.

Thanks,
Kame

KameJLa
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Mon May 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Oh, the titles come from here:

http://www.1001fonts.com/

Just type in the titles, and pick your colour. There are other sites like this one, but this is the one I tend to default to.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Mon May 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Thank you! Sorry it took so long to get back. I finished my work placement on Friday, and they were so impressed with my work they asked to stay on full-time! Woo I'm super stoked.

I know the CS are taking a while. Honestly, I'm very upset with myself they are taking this long, but I will -for sure- have them both completed by Friday before I go to bed :D

KameJLa
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Tue May 30, 2017 4:15 pm

That'll be great! Just a heads up, we're moving house soon so my internet is a little bit spotty at the moment, I may be slow to reply.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Wed May 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Ok Sounds good. Kid is over at Grandma's for another hour or so, so I'm getting down to work! :D

KameJLa
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!