Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Candle Light

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Candle Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Blight took a deep breath, this was a lot of information he was taking in and he still had to make a decision on how to go about this. On one hand he had to help kill either Anima or Enigma, as annoying as the two are he wouldn't want to kill them. Option two was having them make a contract, though from what he was told the likelihood of that was very low. Or the last option was to kill the Source, his creator, his Father. He would have the support of his siblings, but even then...would it be enough?

The anomaly rubbed his temples from the small head ache forming, to top everything off he had more control over time than he originally believed. Wonderful. Picking up the book that was given to them, 'I guess it couldn't hurt to take a look through..' the grey pawn thought to himself before opening to book to it's first page.
You have opened the gate to hell, and unleashed Misery upon the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:33 pm

The first page of he book reminded Blight of a letter, being written in the same manner:

"My dear Brother,

If you ever shall make the decision to raise yourself against our father, we shall stay on your side to fight the "Source". This book is the story unwritten: the end of the Source has not occured yet - this is why the pages of this book are still empty. But i strongly believe, that a tale untold can emerge victorious in the realm of endless possibilities, if only being told by the right person in the right way and on the right moment. Improbable? Maybe so! But the probability itself is a mere concept of the Source. Everything is a concept of the Source: this universe, the time, the life and even the fates of everyone of us - everyone, except of you... you are not bound by its rules. Only you can do something not forseen by the Source: a new outcome - the dawn of a new era - without the Source. Until the moment come, we shall wait in shadows and prepare for the sign to show. At the moment, you decide to call upon our help - open this book on an empty page and ask for the key. Upon the key recieved -you shall open the skies. But be careful - you can use the key only once. It is of utmost importance to use it at the right moment. Your decicion shall bring either the dawn of a new era, or the eternal doom. The 'Eternal Conflict' is also a mere concept, but one which resulted in binding the Source to its own rules first time in the history of all creation. Every sibling has a game to play - what kind of game will you choose?

Yours sincere
Master of Knowledge
"
If you happen to have a riddle for me - i will gladly accept your offer

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:33 pm

After reading the letter, Blight closed the book and got up, this did nothing to soothe his headache. Everyone of his siblings played a game, with himself being the only one who doesn't have one to play...what would his game be? Thinking over his entire life, over everything he has done, the anomaly found only one thing. Using a con to get what he wants.

That was the game he played, lie to a person and use them to reach his end goal...but did he want to play that game anymore? Blight knew that it was a game he was good at, but in this case, what was the price he had to give? How would it even work out? Sighing in frustration, the bounty hunter laid back on the ground. This was very taxing.

Slowing down time he started to think. With the world around him going slower, it gave more time for thinking. First thing, how could a con work...okay, that's a good plan. How to get the parties involved to agree with said plan? Tricky, but it could work. What about a plan B just in case that plan fails? Risky, but might just get the job done. After thirty seconds outside his time distortion, which was a few hours in it, he had a game plan. And Blight really hoped it worked. If not then may who ever collects the souls of gods have mercy.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:54 pm

The anomaly seemed to be consumed by a long deep thought. Nobody would know if he stopped the time - maybe except the council. Miranda just stood there - frozen like a robot. No movement, not blinking - with a straight face. Blight wondered of how a little time loop can change a living person into an object. Talking about time - it seems Blight was able to do even more than those little tricks. At least it was prophecised by the Master of Knowledge. The book the Master gave him seemed not to contain any clues of how to defeat the Source. A game? - isn't life itself a game? Blight exited the time loop, noticing Miranda growing uneasy: "Mhh, still no clue..." - she covered her ears with her palms, as if trying to concentrate. Obviously this undertaking didn't show any effect.

It was then the group heard a familiar voice, coming from the Image
roof behind them: "Pathetic, is it all you could do with the given time? " - Mephistopheles was clearly teasing the anomaly and his guardian. Miranda made an angry face: "Pff, leaving us alone at a time like this... If you have something to share -
spill it out, useless stray!
"

"So young, so passionate - didn't i tell you: myau humble catness prefer to be a stray. Domestic lifestyle was nice - for a change - but i noticed it misaligns with my ... interests. Myau private business is none of yours" - The cat gave the duo a serious evil look: "But in contrast to you, i didn't come empty-handed: i have indeed some news for you..." - Mephistopheles grew silent upon pronouncing the last word.

"What news?" - Miranda managed to fit in the obvious question after a long moment of waiting. "Impatience... You should learn to respect elder 'entities' - now should be about the time..." - after the cats announcement the skies turned first grey and darkened afterwards to a darkness seldom seen on earth. "The end of eternity - it starts now- myahaha!"

Chapter 4 End:
"The calm before the storm"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MM_Q0nfaG0
Enjoy!

"This filthy peasant really did it! - We need to rush to the capital -you will understand upon arriving" - Mephistopheles rushed off, with the group trying to keep up with his paste. Of course for Blight it would be an easy game to use the time to his advantage - but the anomaly decided to save his energy for later. Miranda ran after the cat, cursing it while tracing. Mephistopheles elegantly ignored her words and evaded the items thrown at him from behind. It was a travel time of at least half an hour. Slightly exhausted from the jogging tour, the group finally arrived at the main gates of the capital city, where Mephistopheles patiently waited for them: "Myeh - about time you showed up. My granma runs faster than you... " - Mephistopheles turned his head to the center of the city, which emitted a strange light. Hordes of escaping citizens passed the gates, running in the opposite direction. Regardless of the urgency of the situation, the cat spoke in a calm manner: "Remember the council and the boy with the lantern? - You better be... - This is hilarious, not even myau humble self could come up with a plan like this. Basically Lethaniel and White decided to go all in, opening the gates of hell on the central plaza of the capital. I couldn't have you missing the spectacle and the opportunity here - you shall follow them into the gates."

"You wish stray!" - "Silence! - Of course i shall accompany you on your little hell-sightseeing trip. I couldn't miss the opportunity to show you my home... " - the cat was interrupted by a loud sound and a pillar of light rising behind them. "Why of course, that damned knight - Lethaniel doesn't waste any time - we have to move!" - The anomaly, his guardian and the rest of the group of about ten men followed the cats guide to the central plaza. The darkness was supported by the bright red glow, escaping the opening gates. Upon arriving, the plaza was already empty - it seems they were allways a step behind Lethaniel. Mephistopheles knew very well how dangerous this man could be, if he followed his plan. Lethaniel allways was a cold calculating monster - but even the cat didn't know exactly what the Knight was plotting. Additionaly, White was obviously involved in the matter. All this and the sudden move gave Mephistopheles an uneasy feeling. But then again - it was an opportunity to meddle with Lethaniels plans again, he couldn't let slide.

Standing before the doors, Mephistopheles couldn't unnotice the pair of red eyes starring at him from the depths of the open gates. Before entering, he issued a final warning to the group: "Entering the hell is the hardest task - once you are there its kill or be killed. Don't get me wrong - the task is hard for me, Lethaniel and White - for you it might be impossible to not get lost in the entrance. Ladies and gentlemen - i wish you best luck - and i hope to see you all alive on the other side" - with those words the cat entered the gates leading to hell. The group around the anomaly and his guardian was left with a choice: either follow and participate in the events of the end, or leave it to Lethaniel, Mephistopheles, White and presumably Black to write the last paragraphs of the history...

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:20 am

Blight just looked at the Hell gate, one hand he could just sit back and watch, striking when the time felt right. Or he could jump feet first and more than likely get lost trying to get to hell...welp, it wasn't like he had anything left to do on his bucket list anyway. Looking back to Miranda and the group of men that followed, the anomaly let a small smile dance on his lips, "Welp, I don't know about any of you but jumping into hell feet first, then getting to see the end happen, before who-in-the-fuck-knows happens right after is a bit of a childhood dream i had."

With the combination of a nonchalant voice and the fact the pawn said it with a casual grin, made it really hard for those around him to tell if he was joking or not...that was until the bounty hunter gave a two finger salute and jumped right in to the portal, laughing like a mad man all the way. Out of all the people they could have chose to lead, why did they choose him? Oh, right. He's good at making inspirational speeches that would make even a pacifist want to take up arms and join the fight.

Miranda just sighed, she honestly should've seen this coming. Leave it to Blight to jump in feet first with no plan on what to do afterwards. Anomalies. The angel jumped in after her ward, someone had to keep him in check after all. And to make sure that he doesn't get board. Last time the bounty hunter felt board ended with three separate accounts of arson, five murder charges, two cases for assault, fifteen accounts of property damage, and one account of streaking through town. And that's when he restrained himself.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!