Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dawn of the Ancients: The Awakening

a part of “Dawn of the Ancients: The Awakening”, a fictional universe by jericho193.

Chosen to investigate an anomaly in South America, you and your team discover secrets and conspiracies that can lead to the destruction of the modern world. Will you be able to stop it?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dawn of the Ancients: The Awakening”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:54 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dawn of the Ancients: The Awakening"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"I don't have time to bleed."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jericho193
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Re: Dawn of the Ancients: The Awakening

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:16 am

I'm fucking down. I don't care if this is a bigger role on action than I may usually like, but you my friend are dipping your toes in a Lovecraftian story I can't help but dive headlong into. You are a genius and I'm so happy I discovered this.

Also, you may not realize this, but you played a character in one of my friend's RP's on this site a while ago. It was called "Catalysts" or something like that. While I don't exactly remember your characters, I just thought it was a nice little history lesson for you.

All that talk done, I'll give you my first character request. I say first, because I'm more than willing to fill some empty slots later should we need to. But, I'm nothing if not a gentleman, so I'll let the other darlings throw in their lovelies as I stake my claim behind this one.

So, here he is:
Eric Kaligari, ("Kal"), is an eccentric doctor of medical sciences, and is quite comfortable with the bodies of the dead, or the almost-dead. The living, he's not quite figured out yet, but that's yet to stop him from putting his almost unnatural skill with the surgeon's blade from diving headlong into warzones, uprisings, and the odd riot. Whenever there's fighting to be had, and bodied begin piling up at the door, this "Crow" always seems to follow. He claims it's due to his sense of adventure and altruism, while his former colleagues think he finds too much pleasure slicing through bodies. Having survived 46 years in the world, Eric has begun to think he's seen it all. (There's only so many ways a man can be shot, honestly), when he receives the message that changes his life.
FC: John Cusack (is liable to change, sorry I'm picky.) Image
"In breaking news, the Sky. The Earth.

Life.

Existence as an unchanging plane with horizons of birth and death in faint distance. There is nothing to speak about.

There never was."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:05 pm

If this comes to fruition, I will put forwards a draft concept for you--I also have a soft spot for lovecraftian horror. If that is indeed what it is!

I am very interested in two roles, I am not sadly so much of a lady as perhaps Klock is a gentleman. But I will be nice for now and only lay claim to one of them. (Let it be known my eye is on both, however, and we will keep it at that)

Let's start with the Archaeologist! Our quirky, upbeat little love adores the unknown, the dead, and the uncomfortable. Tell her she has to dive into a pit of bones in order to retrieve some historical texts of value and she is more than willing to take the plunge. Possibly without the proper equipment in her excitement. She's rather good at her occupation, so she says. Speaks fluently several dead languages, writes her diaries in hieroglyphs, and always has a few knives and tazers at her disposal to make a quick getaway. She is on a quest for knowledge--and what better place to do it than this one? Following the strange and bizarre, that is a one way ticket to an ancient ruin that is sure to spell the entire end of the human race! And the beginning of her career when she deciphers all the strange text!

Obviously the character sheet will be more detailed but I don't want to put in the work of creating it without the proper support here. So I will see if this gets off the ground--hopefully.

Oh, the face claim is going to be Janelle Monae.
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:37 am

Hey guys! Thank yall so much for the responses! So honestly Ill start if at least two more spots are filled! If you have any friends feel free to invite them. Id like to get started soonish, like in the next 3 days or so. Its the weekend so hopefully there is more of a response.

jericho193
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Hey guys! Looks like you've got an awesome team already and I'd love to join pretty please! :D

So my character that I had in mind is for the role of the security detail, specifically Close Quarters and it's going to be a chick. Her name is Zurine Ramirez but known to all as Remi. She your regular tough chick, one of the boys. She can be scary as she's tough as nails and some people will find her intimidating. There's lots more to her but I'll save it for the CS. Face claim is Michelle Rodriguez.

Can't wait to RP with you guys!

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadMax on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:03 pm

Hey there! I'm really interested in joining this roleplay. I'd like to take up the role of the engineer. His name is Casey Brooks, but most people just call him Brooks. Basically, he likes to blow shit up. He is 35 years old and his faceclaim is Josh Duhamel.

MadMax
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:21 am

Alright guys! Our team is growing! Im just pretty much waiting to hear on Igari now, but guys this is going to be amazing! I am going to set up posting etiquette.

1. please post 2-3 times a week, if you post once please oh please let it be by Saturday

2. Please dont overload the story, Im sure we all know this but dont post up on the story 10-40 times in a row in the course of 24 hours without anyone adding to the story. But if all the other characters are posting then its with the flow so keep it up!

jericho193
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadMax on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:46 pm

That all sounds good to me, can't wait to get started!

MadMax
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:49 am

Alright guys! im going to start up everyones introductionary posts. Basically by Monday Im going to allow everyone time to make an intro post before we have out characters meet at the DAC base.

Please be sure to start filling out those CHaracter Sheets and lets be ready to have a ball!

jericho193
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Can we start now??! :D

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 pm

I don't think I'll be joining you all. As much as I enjoy the idea, my essays are keeping me from having enough free time. So, my deepest apologies, but you're all on your own.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!