Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

We few, who struggle to live...

a part of “We few, who struggle to live...”, a fictional universe by Zaria.

Apocalypse it may be called, but maybe not. World it is in which you try to survive, how will it go is up to you. Dead roam as if alive, infection awaiting your smallest mistake. One wrong move and you may just end up like the rest...dead or worse.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “We few, who struggle to live...”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Almost any living being would love to see normal, old world again, it won’t happen. At the beginning people cared little for new infection spreading, all expected it would be simply contained and dealt with, all heard about Panacea being created, all hoped for things to end good. It was far from good, infection was surprisingly subtle, before anyone noticed in all countries existed at least one infected. Infected ones were beginning of fall, disease at first seemed to be harmless, minor headaches, coughing and tiredness were first symptoms to be recorded. Later came fewer, and vomiting. Approximately half of infected ended in hospital, slowly dying, antibiotics given earlier stopped working. All that hospital staff could do is watch them die, but it was far from end, infected once dead, raised to live again. Isolating one place is easy, but hundreds? Not to mention infection spread like wildfire, Army could not contain it. Each hour meant more dead, infected and more chaos. Now world is broken, falling apart, though past anarchy and initial chaos. Most people dead or infected, some trying to survive, you are one of them.
How will your story end?

Anyone interested?

Few things worth noting :
1. Zombies are usually strong (dead grasp) and slow (stiff muscles), but that may change with time ( or with player if one of you chooses to play as more lively/smarter infected – for example once you get bit you show new symptoms and so on…), other than that…zombies tend to try and bite you, so be careful.
2. Incubation period is usually between 12-24 h, symptoms are fewer, coughing and vomiting blood. Though Symptoms may differ – For example some lose sight as infection progresses.
3. Surprisingly medicine can slow down infection for a day or two at best.
4. Once you’re bit, you’re infected ( Some cases were different though…), saliva also poses danger to uninfected.
5. Ammunition is scarce, so use guns wisely (gunshots and loud noises attract horde as usual)
6. Character sheet can be simple :
Example below :
Name :
Weight :
Clothes
Misc :
Personality :
Biography :
7. Disease is simply called infection cause few know something...anything about it

If you're interested in playing or have questions pm me, you can also write in chatroom :)
P.S : I'm new to roleplay so don't be surprised if I make some kind of mistake, tell me if something bothers you and if possible give me some advice, opinion about my writing, also I'm student so my time is somewhat limited, but I'll try my best to be active as much as possible.
P.P.S : Infini setting is actually setting to my bigger universe, this idea(Universe) here is part of that bigger universe (one that is still under development)
P.P.P.S : I'll be adding my own character as well, someone you could consider an npc, though it is not an npc really.

About my character :
Name : Zara
Hair color/Style : Blonde with gray strand in front of forehead, long length straight
Height : 5’6
Weight : 134 lbs.
Clothes : Black Jeans, black tank top, grey t-shirt
Misc. : Agile, used to pain, Scarred, lucky
Personality : Secretive, Zara tends to hide things from others, She’s not one that trusts easily. Even though her trust can’t be gained easily, she will do her best to keep others alive. Zara tends to scare people, sometimes just because of her dead look in eyes.
Biography : Her past is last thing she’d like to talk about, one can only guess she lost someone, just like everyone else. Zara may reveal parts of her past as time progresses.

If you read till the end, wow, thank you for reading it all :)
Last edited by Zaria on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zaria
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: We few, who struggle to live...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Few things I didn't mention earlier :
For now there is no starting place, until there is at least one more person I could roleplay with. Once there is, we decide where survivor will be.
Some countries are in better shape, some in worse. Example : Great Britain suffered greatly, little to no survivors are left there, same goes for supplies (I can change it though, if someone wants it to be different)
It's an ever changing world, and not everything will be influenced by player. Some things may happen elsewhere, but pc may be influenced by such event.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zaria
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 am

I wouldn’t mind joining up. Can I make two characters? I was thinking an older brother/ younger sister combo.

Glory
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Recruiter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Hmm...
Sure,why not? :)

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Alright! For face claims, do you prefer anime fc or real people fc?

Glory
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Recruiter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:34 pm

Either is fine :)
Though I myself tend to stick to anime

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:49 pm

I would like to make a Burt Gummer type character. Exact reasoning dependant on location, but trying to rally a resistance

aipsylon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi Aipsylon
Hmm...
Tremors
Alright, we could try :)
Rally resistance against zombies, sounds funny and intriguing... (considering most people are dead or infected)
Not sure if resistance will work though, good luck?

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Alright I submitted my 2 characters, hope you like em!

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:35 am

:)
Oh, right...since there is now at least one character (other player), we could decide where would they start, anything specific you have in mind? Some kind of city or in a middle of travelling from one place to another?

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:23 am

I’m fine with them being in a city. Maybe they’re trying to get out of it but all major exit points (bridges, tunnels, ect) are swarming with infected.

A good question to ask is whether our characters are already in a group together, or we start separate and meet.

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:48 am

Actually...that was my next question :)
Anyway gotta go for the time being

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 am

I would be fine with either personally.

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 pm

I see, surely it would be easier together, considering Ayden's trust is hard to get... ( Same goes for Zara)
Though I'm curious about just met situation :)
I have an idea for both so...either is fine for me as well.
How about our characters met about two days ago, and now are in group?
Details of how they met exactly can be put together later
P.S : Btw do you mind thought shortcuts?

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 pm

That situation sounds fine with me! And what do you mean by thought shortcuts?

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 pm

I mean shortened version of something, for example saying - Move! Rather than - We gotta move, now!
Other would be me sometimes shortening what I write OOC, which may sometimes confuse people at first.

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:59 pm

That’s fine with me. Whenever you’re ready to begin just make the first post :)

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Oh come on!
Here I wanted to be a second one!
Kay, give me a moment :)

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:52 pm

Just some friendly advice, if you tag the characters that are in your scene, they will get a notification when you post. :)

Glory
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Oh?
Kay, good to know :)

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!