Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

The Fae In The Basement

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Fae In The Basement

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:28 pm

[ This I should a roleplay between the creative minds of TheSpaceInBetween (myself) and FaddedFox feel free to read along! ]

For years Athena always knew she was different, all through her childhood she never became ill from viruses, broke any bones or had any cold or sniffle of any sort. Her parents were the same always keeping a youthful look and giving off warming and comforting vibes.

Thinking back she remembered watching her mother create jars upon jars of remedying and cure all’s and her father giving advice the best he could to help people in need. Being the youngest of the family of seven Athena stayed around.

After her parents decided to travel the world for there final years on the earth Athena at the age of 18 took over her parents store for a few years. Finding her own special talent while she was cooking one day, after the knife slipped and cut her finger as she went to clean it a drop fell into an old plant pot rejuvenating the once dead plant into a strong flowering one. It was strange at first but then she found her blood could be used in medicine, it was hard to store and only lasted a day before crystallising and turning into a flowering jar.

Word of her power somehow escaped and she was captured by a scientist who kept her in the basement of his house, to test her blood and try to make a cure for some of the worst deiseases in the world in order to make profit. The sceientist was later apprehended for experimentation on animals and in humane tests, Athena wasn’t sure when that was all she knows now Is that the basement where she is chained in is full of flowers, covering the floor and the walls and they smell so nice. It’s been about a year or maybe more.
Last edited by TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Re: The Fae In The Basement

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:59 am

The family that had moved into the beautiful large house, how no idea of what awaited them in the basement. Of course they'd gone through inspections and checked the house before deciding to move in, but they'd never seen the fae. The scientist and built a hidden chamber in the basement and if you weren't looking for the latch, one wold never realize there was an extension. There was no reason for the family to assume that there was anything strange about the house. It was secluded from the neighbors, but they were close enough to the town to make the commute reasonable and you just couldn't buy the peace it provided, what with its little lake view. It was the perfect getaway.

Alexander sighed as he wiped his brow, carrying in a heavier box from the truck. "Mom! Dad! Where do you want me to put this boxes?" he called and ran a dusty hand through his dark locks. They were a wild mess around his face. The young man was lean, testament to the training he did for his swimming competitions. A boyish charm remained on his features in the form of rounded edges. He was a handsome youth, if a touch awkward. He had some growing and maturing to do yet.

"Put all the boxes in the basement, sweetie! We'll bring up boxes as we start to sort them," his mother answered.

"The basement. Of course she'd say basement and not 'oh, against the wall, honey'," he mused to himself as he pushed the box towards the door that led into the cool basement. Once there, he hoisted it up with a grunt and carefully brought the box down. He dropped it against a far wall, non too gently and winced. Mom was going to have his head if he broke something. He straightened and was about to turn away when he heard a creak. He frowned and looked up to see the wall behind the box slide open. He tensed. "Oh lord this feels like a cheesy horror flick..." he murmured to himself. He hesitated a moment before he carefully pushed the door open. The first thing he noticed was the heavy smell of flowers. Had this been an indoor garden before?

Alexander crept inside and turned, his eyes running over the various flowers that were thriving. How were they getting water? When he fully turned, his eyes widened. He gave a startled cry and stumbled back at what he saw. There, in the middle of the flowers, a figure sat, chained. Was she even alive? "What the fuck?" he breathed. This couldn't be real. "Mom! Dad!" he shouted, to get them to come down. Maybe he was hallucinating. He swallowed hard and took a step forward then. "H-hey, you okay?" he called to the stranger in the basement.
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Athena was in a calm meditated state, her body was weakening but she was fine. She was in a state of saving her energy just waiting, although Athena didn’t know what she was waiting for. She wasn’t sure how long she had gone without food, but the plants that her blood produced were giving enough sweet water to sustain her.

The swirling around her head gave her images of sunny forest and meadows, silent cities and towns as she walked barefoot through the warm cobbled streets. Reminding her of home and her parents store, she missed them even though they were long gone now perhaps. Fae’s had limited lifespans in the best of times surpassing most of the oldest humans by far. Did her parents know she was missing or any of her siblings? They might have been captured too....

Her head was lolled into her chest as she breathed ever so slowly her chest barely rising breathing in the soothing scent of the flowers. She heard a click come into the room, she wasn’t sure how long it had been since she heard that sound of the door opening and a cooling blast of fresh air wafting on her face a cluster of petals grazing her tanned cheek.

”H-Hey, you okay?”

Her mind fuzzed a little at the voice, it didn’t sound familiar to her at all. Sniffing deeply she coughed a little her throat dry and scratchy, opening her eyes she squinted at the natural light filtering into the room. The figure standing in front of her was a young man and the look on his face was pure confusion and shock.

Shaking her head free of the collected moss and leaves that kept her head warm like a flowery crown she broke into a smile, the flowers in her laps opening a little wider as her heart began to pump a little better.

“ I’m fine Thankyou. Who are you?... where is the scientist? Has something happened? “ she pulled her arms up breaking the roots and vines that were wrapped around her chains wincing as she flexed her bare legs and feet looking around then back at the stranger she spoke “ what year it is please?” If she could walk over to him she would have but she was forced to sit hence why the floor was covered but it was smooth and soft like a bed.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 am

Alexander couldn't look away. She had looked like a corpse just a moment ago and now she was animated and moving, the flowers falling off of her. Her words had registered somewhere in his mind but all he could think was 'oh my god, oh my god, there was someone in our basement'. She was asking about some sort of scientists and the year. Was that who had owned this house previously? He had heard that something had happened here but he hadn't known what it was. This really was something out of a horror flick.

"Er... I don't know where the scientist is. My parents just bought this house. We are in 2018," he answered her. My name Alexander but you can call me Alex. What are you doing in here? You were an experiment?"

"Alex, what were you screaming about?" his father asked as he and his mother came rushing over. Both of his parents paused to glance around and settled their gazes on the stranger. His mother gasped and her hands flew to her mouth when she saw the stranger. "Oh you poor thing! Were you down here this whole time?" she asked and hurried forward. His father approached a little more wary and spotted the keys that released the woman from her bonds. "Oh dear, let us get you some water, some food, and a warm soothing bath. You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:59 am

Athena tilted her head to the side. Confusion spread over her eyes and face 2018, that must have meant. Oh gosh.

Breathing out slowly a tear trickled down her face dripping to her chest. Two and a half years...almost close to 3 but still a very long time. Looking over to the door at to another pair of people walked in Alex’s parents as he had previously introduced himself.

As the female rushed over to her she nodded “ yes...two and a half years I’ve been here. A bath would be nice. Some food and water would be heavenly” she admitted wincing as the chains were released from her wrist, the moss still clinging to her hurting her wrist as she moved then around.

She struggled to to get to her knees holding her hand out “ would you help me up please, I’ve been sitting for some while” she smiled “ my name is Athena...I’m very grateful to you all”.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:37 pm

"2 and a half years?" Alex's mother gasped. How had she survived down here that long? From what the papers had said, this house had been vacant during that time. For now however, they needed to get her taken care of. The mother, Jordan, helped Athena move up the stairs. "Let's get you settled in a bath. Alex, go bring some water and start making her something light to eat. Luke, could you grab me some towels and clothing out of the box I just opened on the bed?" With the mother in charge, the two men hopped to their duties. "Oh you poor thing," Jordan mused. "We'll get you all taken care of."

Jordan brought Athena into the bathroom and turned on the water to start filling the tub with warm water. Out of a box she set down soap and shampoo for her. "Are you feeling weak? Did you need help?" She asked as Alex brought her water and buttered toast for the moment. It wasn't long before Luke also entered with a change of clothes that would probably be too big for Athena and some towels. With the task completed, Jordan ushered the men out of the bathroom to give Athena a little privacy.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Athena hummed softly as she was pulled to her feet, her back pulling in pain from being sat to long the moss and dirt falling from her back. She stepped slowly her bare feet stepping on the flowers that she’s herself had produced, the flowers were so pretty. She winced as she climbed up the steps, squinting as the light affected her eye a little, looking around she was guided by the mother to the bathroom.

As the water rose in the bath she accepted the water from the younger gentleman, taking a big gulp at first she sighed as the water made her feel much more awake, she drank the rest of the water slowly then nibbled at the toast.

“ some company would be nice, although I may need some help washing, my body is just a bit wobbly and stiff that’s all” she admitted looking at her arms covered in dirt and moss and flower petals from where blood had been taken and not cleaning properly. Sniffing back tears she stepped into the bath lying down she hissed a little the warm water soaking into her joints.

“ I know it may seem strange but.. I would rather you not go to the police about this...please... it would only cause more trouble for me if people found out” Athena asked as she began to wash her arms.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Jordan offered her a soft smile as she helped her into the bath and laying down in the water so she would soak. She added some soap into the water to make it bubble. "I'll help you bathe," she promised. No doubt she was stiff from sitting in that position. She wanted to ask how she had survived so long down in the basement but it was rude and she doubted the story was a pretty one. She didn't want to make the girl remember the horror of being there so long so she kept her mouth shut.

At her plea not to go to the police, she frowned. She didn't want to talk to the authorities? Didn't she want the people who put her there to get justice? "Alright... we won't say anything," she answered. Maybe she just wasn't ready yet. After letting her soak a bit, Jordan began to wash the girl. It brought a sense of nostalgia from when he used to bathe Alex. She chuckled to herself. It had seemed like over night Alex had gone from enjoying bath time with her where she told him stories and he played with his toys to crying 'Mom!' if she accidentally walked in on him in the shower. Oh children grew up so fast. Oh! Her parents!

"After your shower, you can use our phone to call your parents. I am sure they are worried sick about you!"

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:49 pm

Athena hummed gently as she was washed gently by this kind woman, she could feel herself falling asleep as the warm water got rid of all the dirt and foiliage on her body, revealing her naturally tanned skin.mainly due to Italian and Greek heritage.

She managed to wash her own hair pulling out bits of twigs and dead leaves. However Athena stopped to look at the woman as she suggested that Athena use the phone to call her parents. Tears brimmed her eyes and she shook her head. “ unfortunately my parents passed on about 75 years ago. I’m the youngest of seven I’m not even sure where my siblings are or what their phone numbers are, even if they are alive. They could have very well met the same fate I did.”

Athena ran her hand through her hair she sniffled a little before she cried gently her tears running slowly down her face giving a smooth smell of aloe Vera. It tingled her face and she tried to wipe them away.

“ Thankyou for finding me it was very lonely down there. I wasn’t sure how much longer I would have lasted. “ she took Jordan’s hands and kissed them gently holding onto them she cried gently wishing her parents were here but all the wishing in the world did nothing.

“ I don’t mean to be a burden on you. As soon as I am rested I will be on my way.” She added still holding the woman’s hands.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:35 am

"Oh you poor dear..." Jordan said softly. 75 years ago? It seemed her time evaluation was a bit off but she couldn't blame the girl. Who knew how long she'd been stuck inside that room? It had to have been a while. She still couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that she'd lived for this long. Surely no one knew the girl was in there while the house was being shown off. She hadn't seen the little door, that was for sure. What would have happened if her son hadn't opened it? No, she knew what would have happened. This was a miracle.

"You don't have to leave yet. You just got out of that room. Time has passed. I am sure you will be a bit disoriented at first as you figure out your next moves. Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital or something to get yourself looked over? I would hate for something to happen to you because you were hurt and didn't get the attention you needed." Jordan wrapped the girl in a towel then to dry her off and make sure she wasn't cold. She offered her the clean clothes that were brought then. "These are for you so you don't go running around without covers."

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Athena wrung her hair out with her hands watching the dirty water drain away down the hole, she was reminded of a time when water was just poured on her and she was scrubbed roughly. It aggravated her skin especially when the scientist was trying different methods of blood taking, when she was asleep, starved all kind of stress in order to get blood.

She looked at Jordan as she suggested again that Athena go to a hospital her hands went to the small scar on her arms, shaking her head a few tears trickled down her face. Crystilysing again untill Athena brushed them off with her hand “ please Jordan... I can’t. If I do that I will most likely be worse off than I am now. Please...” she begged taking the woman’s hands once more.

Athena was thankful for clothes as Jordan helped her dry off she stiffled a yawn. Getting dressed she hugged Jordan tightly, Athena’s body giving a warming relaxing pulse one of her other talents that she could add every now and then. “ Thankyou... I’ll think of a way to pay you back somehow” she released Jordan.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!