Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Re: Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Though Manami couldn't agree to the words Chiharu spoke, she nodded as he spoke.
Not for one moment did she believe Itachi could survive without the forgiveness of his brother, even if he did kill Sasuke... he would never be the same.

As she listened intently to Chiharu's words, she gave up on trying to convince him.
In the end she agreed to his terms and hugged him.
She then left the room and bid him goodnight.

Instead of turning to her room... instead of visiting Itachi(which is what she wanted to do), Manami headed towards the quarters of Pain.
There was something Manami needed permission to do.

Manami took a deep breath and swallowed deep. If she were to do this, she had to be convincing.
Turning up her pheromones ever so slightly to make her case more persuading, Manami knocked on a large door.

One hour later

Konan and Pain had agreed to Manami's terms.
She would bring back a forbidden technique that would help ensure victory over the leaf in exchange that her leaving would not be shared with any of other members of the Akatsuki.

Quickly, Manami returned to her own accommodation and packed a small amount of essentials for her journey.
She would leave at the best possible moment.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:40 am

Chiharu hugged Manami back and also said good night to her. He laid back on the bed and closed his eyes. As he drifted off to sleep, he saw the faces of Hee, Kanzaki, and Matsumura. The thought that he would see and interact with them again warmed his heart, and he smiled in his sleep. The burden of his revenge was off of his shoulders, and now he simply had to fulfill his oath to the Akatsuki. As he slept peacefully for the first time in years, a small part of his heart regretted that he would be leaving behind Manami, Itachi, Kisame, and especially Rhea, loved ones that he could have built a happier future with in another life.

Itachi sat on his bed in a dark bedroom, mulling over what had been said today. Once the Akatsuki seized the world, he would have to deal with Sasuke and his wrath. He wanted his little brother to know the truth, that the Uchiha Clan was not destroyed because he went nuts and murdered everybody. The terrible fact was that he would be sharing this information shortly before one of them died, and he hated whatever outcome this battle would have. He wanted to live with Manami and grow old with her, but he deeply hated the thought of killing his own little brother, his last surviving blood relative. Solemn and morose, he closed his eyes and seemed to become one with the uncaring darkness.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:49 am

As darkness fell over the land of stone and the members of the Akatsuki began to fall to sleep, Manami collected her pack, full of items needed for a long journey.
One week and two days was all she had been given. Her mission had a strict and important time limit. Her end goal would be to meet the Akatsuki in a small meeting point outside of the Hidden Leaf.

Using a small amount of chakra, Manami disguised her own appearance.
If she wanted to be left alone and go unnoticed, travelling as an Akatsuki member was not a sensible idea.
Her hair no longer fell down her back, with its usual fire red glow, but instead it was pinned up tight and was a dark brown.
From her own clothing she wore a tired grey kimono and covered it in a beige travelling coat.
The less appealing her own image, the less attention she would attract.

This new and unknown woman left the city walls, making sure to keep to the cover of nightfall.
The first part of her journey would take her back to the Village hidden in the sand, which was still in chaos after Chiharu made his visit. However, this worked to her advantage.
As the night progressed, with haste, Manami made her way towards the Land of Wind. Breaking every now and again to keep up her strength.
The quicker she could get to her target the better it would be.
Usually this journey would take two days, including rest. But, if Manami used her time wisely, she could cut it down to a day and half.
This would give her more time to make the longest part of her journey after visiting the sand.

As the sun began to rise, Manami found herself on the borders of the Land of the Wind.
She took refuge, in a small but covered clearing and wondered how Itachi and Chiharu would be reacting to her disappearance.
Konan and Pain had agreed that they would not tell any of the other members about her mission, even though they didn't know the real truth themselves.
Once she met back up with them at Konoha, she would use the excuse of needing space to adjust her mind to the future.

Manami rested for a few hours, drifting in and out of sleep. By the time she awoke the day was bright.
Ironically, the weather contrasted again her plain and sombre mood. But, it was the perfect weather to travel quickly in.

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:15 pm

When the sun rose, Chiharu rose with it and slipped his Akatsuki robe and headband back on. Exiting his room, he walked to the cafeteria, expecting to see Manami there waiting for him, as usual. When he did not immediately spot her bright red hair, he looked around but could not spot her anywhere.
"Manami?" he called out.
When he got no answer, he went to her room, expecting to find her sleeping in, maybe sharing the bed with Itachi. However, the bed had not been slept in, and that was when he started to get really puzzled.

Looking all over the Tsuchikage's former palace, he could find Manami nowhere. When he returned to the cafeteria, the rest of the Akatsuki except Pain and Konan were milling around.
"What's wrong, Chiharu?" Itachi asked.
"Manami's gone, Uncle Itachi. I can't find her anywhere."
Itachi nodded and got up to help him search again, with Kisame tagging along.

One hour later, the three had still turned up no sign of their beloved Manami.
"This is bad. I'm going to ask Pain and Konan about it."
Chiharu strode to Pain's office and burst in with no formality. The two had been having a conversation and turned to look at him.
"You know the rules about knocking, Chiharu," Pain said as his eyes flashed.

"Manami is missing, Lord Pain. Where is she?"
Pain folded his hands on the desk.
"She has departed on a secret mission to get us a weapon we can use against the Hidden Leaf. Where she is right now even I don't know, and I wouldn't tell you if I did."
"What about the code of no mission being undertaken without at least two Akatsuki members involved?!"

"These are special circumstances that code was not meant to take into account. Manami has made great strides in power these last four years, and I am confident that she will be fine without you."
Chiharu clenched his fists, powerless to defy Pain further.
"Chiharu," Konan began, "have faith in Manami. She will return to us."
Chiharu simply nodded and left the room, closing the door softly behind him.

Itachi and Kisame had been patiently waiting.
"You didn't find out where she is," Itachi deduced.
"No. Neither Lord Pain nor Lady Konan will tell me anything."
Itachi's mouth tightened in a grimace, wanting to go after Manami but knowing that Pain would never allow it. All three stood in silence, worried about Manami but hopeful that she would succeed in her mission.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:39 am

It took Manami half a day to reach the outskirts of the sand. She had already passed a few Sand ninjas by this time. Clearly, the village was still on high alert without the presence of a true leader.
The village was cloaked in fear.

Still unrecognisable, Manami moved closer towards the village. She made sure to go unnoticed by the Ninja that guarded the perimeter.
It wasn't until one ninja(around about Manami's size), dressed in the Sands traditional garments, walked by that Manami allowed herself to be seen.
' You there, Woman. What is you busi....'
With a quick hand symbol, the man writhed in pleasure on the ground. He was easy to take down, which clearly reflected his broken spirit from the aftermath of the Akatsuki.
Manami dragged his unconscious body to a dip in the sand and began removing the clothes he wore. She thanked him.

An hour or so later, Manami, dressed as a Ninja of the Sand, entered the walls of the city.
It had been easier than expected considering, but she still kept on high alert.
Navigating her way down each street and ensuring not to make eye contact, Manami knew where she needed to go.

Beyond the home of the Kazekage was exactly what she needed.
As she entered the forbidden area, she turned her pheromones up high.
However,to Manami's surprise, there was no resistance. A few upper level guards, who were easily mislead by Manami tantalizing power.
Had the village really been reduced to this much?

This all worked to her advantage. She knew that Pain would be angered if she made any ripples within the village.
Getting in and out quietly was her main focus.
The two scrolls she needed were just a few metres away past a few guards.

Slipping quickly towards the large, solid, stone wall, something grabbed her attention.
A memorial lay on the outside of the Kazekage's office.
Clearly, the ninja who worked directly under the Sand siblings had liked them very much.
It was sad to see how much they had fallen from a direct loss of such a powerful trio... and she had been part of that loss.

Remembering her mission, she walked into the towering door.

'Release'

The small amount of genjutsu that had been protecting the room dispelled instantly. Leaving behind around 5 or 6 forbidden scrolls.
Manami took a small sack that she had tucked carefully into her chest bandaging. The scrolls were fairly large and hard to conceal which would make it difficult for Manami to get out unnoticed.
She slung the bag over her shoulder and knocked her pheromone control up another degree. She would have to use genjutsu on any kunoichi if it was needed, hoping that if she did they wouldn't be skilled users themselves.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:44 pm

Chiharu and Itachi had returned to their own rooms to be alone with their thoughts, since both were very worried about Manami. However, Kisame had returned to his room and was having a secret meeting with Tobi. Rather than acting like a ridiculous clown, however, Tobi was deadly serious and speaking in a very deep voice.
"The time for operation Tsuki no Me draws near..."
"I fear that Chiharu and Manami will never go along with this insurrection. They are loyal to Pain and Konan."

"Zetsu assures me that they won't be a problem. Chiharu plans to end his own life after the Hidden Leaf falls, and Itachi is likely to die at the hands of his brother Sasuke. With both of the beloved men in her life gone, Manami will be too broken to resist us."
"Even so," Kisame began, "That still leaves Deidara, Sasori, Kakuzu, Hidan, Konan, and of course, Pain himself, to oppose us. I would feel better if more of the Akatsuki would join us."
"Konan would never turn on Pain, nor would Sasori and Deidara."

"Is there no way to convince Kakuzu and Hidan to join us?"
"I have approached them, but they believe Pain to be invincible and will not turn against him. If we defeat Pain, it is likely they will jump ship."
"But in the meantime there is no way to guarantee that they won't fight against us."
"Even without them, our base of power is more than strong enough."
"What do you mean?"

Out of the shadows came a hooded figure, who was revealed to be Orochimaru's right hand man Kabuto in the light.
"Wha--Kabuto..." Kisame said in shock, "but Tobi--"
The realization that Tobi had faked Kabuto's death when they attacked Orochimaru's hideout two years ago hit him like a punch in the gut. His leader was truly a devious manipulator.
"Why would you join forces with that snake's underling?"
"Kisame, I should remind you that that 'snake' as you call him was once one of us."

"He wasn't to be trusted then and he's not to be trusted now. What was the reason for bringing Kabuto into the fold?"
"He will help greatly in our plan to bring Tsuki no Me to fruition. If our foes were to perish, Kabuto's use of his Reanimation Jutsu would ensure that they would join our side, even against their will. Imagine having Pain on our side..."
Kisame's mind whirled with the possibilities.

"Chiharu...Could you raise Chiharu from the dead?"
"Of course," Kabuto answered while he adjusted his glasses, "My mastery of the art is such that none are beyond my grasp."
Kisame grinned his shark-like grin.
"An Akatsuki that would bring about a world without lies...That would be truly something."
Kabuto chuckled evilly, imagining bending such powerful warriors to his will. Obito was silent, though his eye glowed with a Sharingan.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:53 pm

A few hours passed and Manami had managed to make her way from the depths of The Sand.
Luckily, she had not faced much trouble. A few higher up Ninjas had been the very least of her concerns.
It had turned out that the village had been holding a memorial day for the loss of the Sand Siblings. As Manami left she watched as crowds of people walked the street in nothing but the colour black.
Becoming lost in that kind of group had been an easy task.

Manami now stood at the borders of the desert. Once again preparing herself for a long journey. She had spend nearly two and half days in getting to this point.
She had five days left to reach the leaf and if she had of been travelling from the Sand, that would have been an easy task.
However, she needed to visit home one more time to gain forgiveness from her parents.

She had hoped it would never come to this. The idea of facing her parents again or even reentering her village terrified her.
Plus, if she wanted to make good time, she was going to have to use one of the forbidden scrolls she had taken from the Sand.
Once she had utilised it she would hand it to Pain and lead him to believe it was the promised scroll to ensure the Leafs defeat.

She removed the scroll from the sack she had put it in, removed it from it's binding and placed it on a hard rock that sat at the edge of the desert.
She bit down hard on her thumb and began the relevant hand signs.
Boar, Dog, Dragon, Tiger

A large tiger engulfed in flames burst from the scroll. The hell beast Byyakko, rose in front of Manami.
The two stared hard for a few minutes.
The hell beast spoke ' The elements are strong within you.... but you seem to have made a contract with another?'

Manami had expected this response, Byyakko was the gatekeeper of Hell, hence why his scroll had become forbidden. He clearly expected his bond to be as a primary beast. However, she had no time to prove herself to him, nor did she want to.
He could destroy villages and reduce them to ash with his powers... but he was also fast and could reduce Manami's travel time.
'I have summoned you for another great Gatekeeper. A Ninja who is much stronger than I. He will allow you to fulfil your nature, to destroy this land within an inch of its very existence... However, I need to make haste across the border. In return I will ensure this great partnership will be yours and that you will never be locked away again'

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:12 pm

As the secret meeting between the conspirators drew to a close, Kabuto disappeared into parts unknown. Kisame turned to Tobi, curious about something.
"Tell me something. You founded the Akatsuki with Pain and Konan, yet you now plan to turn on them. Why?"
"Simply put, our goals do not align."

"Ah, you mean that Pain would not approve of Tsuki no Me."
"Unfortunately, he does not see the beauty of it as I do. Thus, as much as it pains me, I will have to wrest this newly won world away from him."
Kisame had doubts niggling away in the back of his mind, concerns of what would happen if their carefully-laid plan went awry. However, he knew Tobi would not be dissuaded from what he wanted to do, and simply left the chamber as the meeting drew to a close. He slept that night, though it was fitful at times.

The next day, Pain mobilized all of the Akatsuki to move out and head for a staging ground near the Hidden Leaf Village. This was where he had planned to meet Manami, and so he looked around for her. He did not see her, but he could feel her Chakra getting closer, and something else.
"A Forbidden Jutsu? Interesting..."
Pain had the rest of the Akatsuki stand shoulder to shoulder, all of them facing the direction that Manami would approach from.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:10 pm

As luck had it, the hell beast agreed to Manami's terms.
The news of Pain had clearly travelled as far as the underworld, for a demon like this to take up a no committal contract.

The aid from the Demon had decreased Manami's travel time and it wasn't long before the reached the outskirts of her Village.
The normality hit her quickly as she peered out into the distance to see the familiar farmers in the rice paddies.
Even with the destruction Manami had caused, the village had stayed resilient.

After returning the Demon Tiger back to the underworld, Manami kept her true identity hidden and began combing the fields for her Father.
He worked there everyday when she was a child. It would be easier of he wasn't home so that she could confront her Mother.
However, he wasn't there.

As Manami kept searching, she became frantic.
Weirdly, the very man she had hated was making her worry.
The truth however, was much more devastating than she truly realised. Manami was never going to get her forgiveness..

An hour or so later, Manami was sitting in front of a small memorial.
Her Mother, Father and Brothers names were all carved onto the small darkened stone.
After talking to one of the rice famers, she has realised the truth.
Since the disappearance of her Brother, her parents had died shortly after.

She had lost her chance to gain forgiveness. It would make leaving this earth a harder, as Manami did not believe she would meet her parents in the afterlife.

Upon returning to The Land of Fire

In good time, a morose Manani made her way towards the meeting point.
The Demon she had contracted for Pain had agreed to carry her for this final part of the journey.
The week she had spent away from the Akatsuki had given her time to put her own plan into action.
As she drew nearer, the Akatsuki stood shoulder to shoulder in the distance.
The roaring flames ruptured around the demon tiger as the broken woman upon it looked on towards the only family she had left.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 am

As Manami came into view, Chiharu and Itachi saw the broken look in Manami's eyes and immediately rushed to her side. It took courage to defy Pain by moving without his orders, but right now, no physical pain could match what these men were feeling emotionally after not seeing Manami in a week and then seeing her like that. Itachi took her into his arms and held her close on one end while Chiharu wrapped his arms around them from the other side. Manami was sandwiched between the two men who loved her most, each one shedding tears of relief and sadness.
"Manami," Itachi began, "where did you go? Why did you leave without telling me?"

Over the course of that week without Manami, Chiharu had begun to reconsider the idea of ending his life. Being without his beloved big sister for that long had been devastating, and the thought of years without her in death seemed unbearable. Grasping Manami's hand, he kissed it and rested his forehead against her shoulder.
"I was scared for you, Manami. I'm so glad to see you alive and unhurt."
One week ago Chiharu had not believed he could hurt this much, but now he knew how his death would hurt Manami, and it changed everything he thought he knew.

Pain approached the hell beast, who explained everything that Manami had told him.
"She truly has brought me a powerful gift. I shall accept the contract with you, so that you may burn my foes to ash."
Pain took the tiger into his body, feeling it meld with his own soul. Byyakko would combine his power with the Rinnegan and lay terrible waste upon his foes. Turning to Manami, he gave Itachi and Chiharu time to bring Manami back from her tortured state of mind.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Manami allowed herself to be tightly held by Itachi.
However, she did not remove her eyes from Pain. He would know that she had strayed from the path she had promised and even though she had brought him what he desired, he could easily reprimand her for her lies.

Amongst this fear, Manami also had to figure out how she felt about the loss of her parents and the supposed death of her brother.
She had begun to realise that the path of destruction that Pain was on may not have been what she wanted after all. But, she had nothing left to return to once she lost Itachi and Chiharu.
She hadn't been able to forgive her parents or forgive herself.

The week that she had been gone she had truly missed the two people who had become most important to her.
She allowed them both to bring her back round into the reality of the situation, suppressing her own emotions of grief as deep as they would go.

'I am sorry, Itachi. I did not tell you as I worried that you may have accompanied me. I needed to make this journey alone. I needed Pain to realise my importance to the mission... and I knew before we went ahead to the Leaf that I needed to gain forgiveness from my family. I still love you deeply and I am sorry I put both you and Chiharu through such pain'.

Manami looked to Chiharu, who seemed hurt at her disappearance.
'... and you little brother... I could not add any more to your conflicting emotions, you have been through so much... but the journey has been hard for us both.'

She took a deep breath and turned to Pain to await his decision.
She was glad that she had managed to conceal the life scroll at an unknown location prior to arriving.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Itachi listened to her words and felt it all make sense. She had been trying to gain forgiveness from her family in the Hidden Mist, but it seemed that she had not been able to do so. He nodded in understanding.
"I understand. I still love you, as well."
Itachi stood up, letting go of Manami's hand.

Chiharu felt tears roll down his cheeks.
"I was so worried about you. You didn't leave me a letter or anything!"
He wiped his eyes and stood up.
"I understand what you had to do, but I wish you would have let me know something."
Both men helped Manami to her feet and had her stand in line.

Pain turned to Manami.
"You weren't entirely honest with me regarding this mission, but what you have brought me is compensation enough."
He turned to the village.
"Go and conquer the last of the Great Nations!"
As they surged forward around him, Pain began to bombard the Hidden Leaf with his Six Paths techniques and unleashed Byakko. The once peaceful looking village had now turned into a war zone.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:04 pm

As Pain gave his orders, Manami turned to Chiharu.
'I promise never to lie to you again, I truly feel I have betrayed your trust. Now, lets help take down the leaf. Together as a pair for the last time'.

Quickly, she turned to Itachi.
' Love of my life, I wish I hadn't had to lie to you to succeed. However, I am yours and you can do as you wish to me for my sin. However, now I know the true forgiveness of Pain, I must help him in this final task'.

Manami lunged forward, in time with the other members of the Akatsuki.
She was not going to kill, she was going to avoid destroying in needless anger where she could and she was going to ensure the survival of both Itachi and Chiharu at all costs.
It would be difficult but she had seen enough needless death and destruction.
She did not want her last few weeks on this earth to be filled with murder.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Chiharu looked at Manami as she said those words. This was indeed it, the last task that he would have to accomplish for the Akatsuki. They would take this village for Pain, and then he would have to decide if being separated from Manami to rejoin his slain squad is what he truly wanted.
"The last time I was here, I was in search of a power that would help me take my revenge. Now, my revenge is done."
Chiharu's fists clenched in determination.
"But I will defeat their ninja and show them my power!"
His Diamond Armor covered his body and Diamond Katanas appeared in his hands before he raced at the village with incredible speed.

Itachi turned to Manami with a neutral expression on his face, listening to her words.
"I don't know why you did what you did, but I don't have it in me to punish you for lying to me. I'm just glad you're safe and that I can hold you in my arms again."
He gave her a smile before his face turned to stone as he looked at the Hidden Leaf Village.
"I will give my all to create the world that Pain desires."
He rushed at the village with the rest, his eyes showing the Mangekyo Sharingan.

Chiharu whirled his swords in a circle at high speed, breaking through the wall in front of him and continuing forward. Several Leaf Ninja came at him with kunai knives, but his swords moved at great speed and he not only sliced their kunais to pieces, but knocked them all unconscious with the flat ends of his blades. The Leaf ninja were putting up a terrific struggle, but many were dying in droves as some of the Akatsuki showed no mercy. Sasori's puppets slaughtered the ninja with poison gas and blades, while Deidara's explosions seemed to be everywhere. Pain's opening salvo from his Six Paths had killed many civilians and some ninja. Hinata Hyuga had almost joined them, but Kakashi had saved her just in time while taking injury to his back.

Chiharu had paired up with Manami and the two were watching each other's backs flawlessly. Their coordinated movements were beautiful as they fended off wave after wave of attackers without killing even one. However, the attack soon changed course as Chiharu found it difficult to move. Shikamaru had trapped him in a Shadow Possession Jutsu and was struggling to squeeze the life out of him through the Diamond Armor.
"Chiharu, you bastard!!!"
Shikamaru had been in love with Temari, and it devastated him down to his soul that she was dead.

While Shikamaru focused on Chiharu, Choji and Ino went after Manami. They were also showing teamwork and attempting to attack her from every angle. Chiharu grit his teeth and slashed Shikamaru across the chest using the wind, which forced him to let go. As soon as he was free, he turned and gave Choji a kick to the face that sent him through several buildings to the other side of the village. Chiharu then went after Shikamaru, his swords flashing as he engaged in close-quarters intense combat with the vengeful youth. Ino kept after Manami, forcing her into a close-quarters battle of her own.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:33 pm

The onslaught on the leaf began. Manami was careful not to kill any Shinobi within the village.
Brilliantly, she and Chiharu honed their skills of teamwork to create anarchy for those around.
It was not until the attack from Ino-Shika-Cho that the pair had difficulty.

After Choji had been distracted and Chiharu had begun his own battle with Shikamaru, Manami faced Ino.
The confident blond stood in front of Manami.
'You aren't going to be taking the village today!' she yelled furiously, letting her emotions get the better of her.
Clearly watching her partner suffer over the loss of his partner had a devastating impact on her too.
'My battle is not with you but if you wish to fight then give me your best' Was the only response Manami gave before preparing herself.

She understood that Ino would not be able to use her own genjutsu as it would leave her vulnerable. Hand to hand combat was the only option.
Both Women met in a blaze of raw energy, Ino's anger making her somewhat clumsy in her attack. Thankfully, Manami had the clear upper hand as a result of her recent training.
Landing a devastating blow to Ino's cheekbone, Manami followed with a swift kick that tripped Ino to the ground. She now lay dazed and confused.

Choji at this point had regained his own consciousness and was now hurtling towards Manami using his human bolder technique.
Luckily she sensed this disturbance and felt this angry young man before he had time to make devastating contact.
Choji, after missing his target the first time, rolled back on himself.
This time he was close and knocked Manami off balance, landing her next to his female team member who was now coming back to reality.

Quickly and without hesitation, Manami boosted her own pheromones as to confuse Choji.
Due to his weakened will as a result of his best friend losing part himself in Temari's death, he became trapped in Manami's spell of genjutsu.
Like a potent and sticky spider web, Chojo now imagined the fondest of pleasures. This made him an easy target.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Chiharu continued to go after Shikamaru, his two katanas making impact with an arm of shadow that Shikamaru raised in order to block his attack.
Yin Release...Four years ago this guy caught me within it. I'm sure it's even stronger now.
Chiharu pushed against it, which caused Shikamaru to slide backwards.
If not for my Diamond Armor, he would have killed me earlier with that surprise attack. I definitely can't take Shikamaru lightly.

Shikamaru looked at Chiharu with grief and anger in his eyes.
"Why?! Why did you kill Temari?!"
Chiharu took a stronger stance, gripping his katana's tighter.
"I ordered her death because I wanted Gaara to know the pain that he had put me through all of those years ago."
Shikamaru closed his eyes and clenched his fist.

"You killed someone who had nothing to do with the murder of your squad. The former Kazekage was an out of control monster back then. No one could stop him from doing what he wanted!"
"I don't buy that excuse!" Chiharu shouted back, "The Sand used Gaara as a tool to get their way, and his siblings benefited just like the rest!"
"All of that had changed! I understand why you hated Gaara so much and couldn't forgive him, but your ruthless killing of Temari and Kankuro was as evil as anything he ever did!"

Chiharu felt like he had been punched in the gut, his eyes widening as he realized that Shikamaru was right. By ordering the deaths of Temari and Kankuro, it was the same as if he had killed them himself. He had violated the code of his revenge without realizing it, and that made him sick to his stomach. His hatred of Gaara and lust for revenge had led him to commit a terrible act, and the guilt mushroomed inside of him. However, just as his arms were about to drop, an image of his slain team appeared in his mind, and it gave him the strength to carry on.
"I made a terrible mistake in the name of revenge...But my revenge is over now."

"That doesn't excuse you from the consequences of your actions, Chiharu! You murdered Temari in cold blood, and for that, I shall see you dead!"
Chiharu's eyes lit on fire, stunning Shikamaru with the intensity of his gaze.
"If my fate is to die here, then so be it. But I will not stop fighting for Pain's ideals until my last breath!"
Launching off of his back foot, Chiharu rushed at him to restart the battle.

Shikamaru had correctly deduced that his Fire and Earth Release techniques would be of no use here, so he focused on other tools in his arsenal. Taking out a pair of trench knives shaped like brass knuckles that he got from Asuma-Sensei, he was able to channel his Chakra into them and lengthen the range of the blade. With these two blades, he made Chiharu's Diamond Katana's and began matching him blow-for-blow. The versatility of the trench knives made it possible for them to counter hand-to-hand and sword techniques, creating a real battle between the two of them. The two battle up and down the street, their movements moving so quickly and precisely that they were hard to follow. Chiharu was fighting for Pain's world and Shikamaru was fighting to avenge Temari, both of their goals spurring them on and making this a true clash of wills.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:51 pm

As Choji lay in excruciating pleasure, Manami took a step back to admire her handy work. The very fact she was able to disarm this man without causing him a single bit of physical pain, was something she was immensely proud of.

She didn't have much time left to enjoy these moments. A smile spread across her face, though this was short lived.

Suddenly, without warning, Manami's head was dragged back and her whole body was spun round so that her left cheek made a devastating connection to Ino's fist(Who was now fully conscious) .
Manami's whole body jerked backwards at the connection. The pain ricocheted down her spine and across her face. Ino's raw emotion was now painted visibly across Manami.

Taking a few moments on the ground was not an options as Ino was now ready to fully engage with Manami.
Anger swelled through Manami like a rocket.

Before she knew it, Ino was above her and was driving her foot towards Manami's head.
Her foot crunched down into the ground, and a blast of red spurted across the paved floor.

Rose petals danced from under and around Ino's sandal. Manami's substitution had caused her opponent to jolt backwards. The predator had now become the prey and Manami reappeared behind Ino, taking her by the neck.
' You need to give in.' Manami whispered into the ear of her opponent as her arm wrapped tighter round the blond kunoichi's neck.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:56 am

Chiharu continued his fast-paced battle against Shikamaru, his swords colliding again and again with his trench knives. On the next closing of the distance, he knocked the knives aside and pivoted to unleash a savage kick to his solar plexus that knocked him to the ground. Shikamaru was winded and blood flew from his mouth, but with eyes of rage, he once again tried to squeeze him to death with the Shadow Possession Jutsu. Chiharu could barely move, but on sheer determination, he took first one step, then another. Shikamaru put everything he had into trying to stop him, but Chiharu's iron will would not give in. He dropped his swords and threw himself forward, channeling his Chakra into his fist.

"Fist of Rage!"
The diving punch collided with Shikamaru's jaw, unleashing so much force that the building diagonal to him was destroyed. His head fell back as he went unconscious, and Chiharu landed on top of him. Panting with exertion, he struggled to his feet. That last punch had been risky, but the dice had rolled in his favor. If his punch had failed to connect, his strength would have run out, his Diamond Armor would have dissipated, and he would have been crushed to death.

Turning to face Manami, he saw Choji down and Ino on the verge of defeat.
"Not bad work there, partner," he said with an exhausted grin.
Taking some deep breaths, he felt his energy returning.
"Team Asuma gave us more trouble than I thought."
At that moment, however, another of the Leaf's teams were closing in on them. Their Chakras suddenly appeared behind them, and Chiharu turned to see Team Kurenai standing before them.

"Damn, these two shredded Shikamaru and them," Kiba said.
"Well, we are dealing with the Kazekage's assassin and his partner. It's expected that they wouldn't be easy to take down."
Chiharu didn't like these odds. He was still winded from his battle with Shikamaru and Manami hadn't yet finished her battle with Ino. They were hardly in an ideal position to take on three fresh opponents all at once.

Hinata was glaring at Chiharu with pure anger, clearly remembering his attack on her from years ago. She had done quite a bit to make herself a capable warrior in the time since, and her Byakugan was not to be underestimated.
"Well, win or lose...I'll fight to the end."
Chiharu pulled his swords to him and took a fighting stance. However, all of a sudden Kiba collapsed forward, having been clubbed in the back of the head by Shark Skin. Shino was chopped in the neck by Itachi and also collapsed.

When Hinata turned around to see what had happened, Itachi hit her with a Sharingan Genjutsu powerful enough to instantly render her unconscious. The two then stepped forward, relieved to see Chiharu and Manami okay.
"It's a good thing we came when we did. You two look like you had your hands full."
"We really appreciate it," Chiharu said with a smile.
With Kisame and Itachi here, they could rest and regain their strength.

"How goes the battle?"
"Pain and Konan are assaulting the Hokage's mansion, but the Anbu and Jonin are putting up a terrific struggle. We've dealt with some of the Chunin, as well, though we are more pressed by reinforcements from the assorted clans who call this region home. There's fighting all over the village."
Chiharu leaned against the wall and closed his eyes.
"Just give me a few more minutes and I'll be ready to fight again."

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:27 am

Manami knew that her teammate was calling to her in her final moments of battle with Ino- but she could not respond.

As she held tightly onto Ino's neck, who was wavering in and out of consciousness- she thought about her next move.
Dropping the near unconscious body onto the ground, she made a quick lunge to Ino's arm and began pulling tightly, so she could feel the tendons snap.
'If you don't give up- you will lose this arm...'

Ino looked away in her pain and confusion- clearly she had been taught well by her village- as even in these moments or peril, she refused to give up.
Manami was ready to teach her a new lesson- about how quickly your village will abandon you in times like this.

With one harsh and swift pull Ino's arm was ripped carelessly from it's place. A chilling and ear curdling scream could be heard across the village, as Ino lay with only one arm- writhing in pain.
A relentless onslaught of blood spurted into the surrounding, drenching Manami, who now looked demonically at her prey.
Within moments of Ino's loss, Manami straddled her opponent and pinned her only arm against the ground.
As if magically, Manami held a small needle like blade and plunged it into Ino's left eye. The next scream was truly unbearable.

Leaving her to scream and cry, Manami stood to face Chiharu-expect she was longer covered in blood and Ino lay fully in tact in no danger at all. However, she was still writhing and screaming in pain- trapped in a genjutsu of Manami's own creation.

Once Manami was back into normal reality, she realised the present threat of team Kurenai.
'There really is no rest for the wicked' she panted towards her partner- ready for the next battle.

Luckily, the pair were joined by Itachi and Kisame- which meant they could rest.
During the onslaught by the other members of the Akatsuki, Manami made her way to check Chiharu over- which she knew he would not be thrilled with.
'We have little time left together Chiru- let me help you where I can ...without the look of annoyance' she chuckled as she brushed his cheek.
He was fine of course but it gave Manami joy to have these moments with him.
She looked out across the Village, at the death and destruction and began wondering why she had even joined up to this madness in the first place.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:57 pm

Chiharu opened his eyes to see Manami coming to check him over. He couldn't help but look slightly annoyed because he was fine and didn't need mothering, but he let Manami do it without protest because he knew she cared about him. His expression softened a bit when she mentioned how they had little time left together.
Yeah...This will probably be our final battle together.
Chiharu had been dead-set on ending his life after this battle was done, to rejoin in death the family he had lost. But as the hours ticked away in the battle, he was starting to wonder if that was truly what he wanted.

All of these years the Akatsuki had been like family to him, especially Manami, Itachi, and Kisame. Was he truly willing to leave this family behind to rejoin his other family? Thinking of Manami's hurt expression the last time he had talked made him hesitant, and it was hard to think of never seeing that smiling face again. Chiharu shook his head, realizing now was not the time for these thoughts. For now he needed to focus on the battle and winning it for his Akatsuki family. The hopes and dreams of everyone who had fought this long and hard were hanging in the balance.

Chiharu got off of the wall and nodded toward Manami.
"I'm ready to go."
"Kisame and I are going to check on the others. Stay alert for sudden attacks."
Itachi and Kisame were suddenly gone, and Chiharu took off down the street with Manami. He had covered himself once more in his Diamond Armor just in case he might be attacked from where he could not see.

As they rounded the corner, they were set upon by a couple squads of lower ranking Anbu. Chiharu jumped at them, landing a chop to the neck on the first, a back fist to the second, and a kick under the chin to the third in succession as he passed by. Manami would deal with the second squad and they would be on their way. More toward the center of the village, however, they met stiffer resistance. Lee and Ten-Ten of Team Guy confronted them, with Neji and Guy off fighting with the other Akatsuki members. Chiharu had long ago battled with a younger Lee, and now it seemed that the time for their rematch had come.

"Dynamic Entry!" Lee shouted as he shot forward off of his back leg in a flying kick toward Chiharu.
He crossed his arms with the undersides outward in order to block, but the force of the kick was much more than he expected. Although he was holding his ground, his feet were sliding backwards and he went through a building with Lee into the next street over. Lee then back flipped off of his arms and sprang forward as soon as his feet touched the ground, beginning a lightning-fast, close-quarters attack on Chiharu. Meanwhile, Ten-Ten began waving her Weapon Scroll in controlled, intricate movements, sending all manner of deadly weapons flying at Manami. Having learned from her showdown with Chiharu years ago, she had not only put greater distance between herself and her opponent but also had the high ground, making it more difficult for Manami to get close to her.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!