Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

EARTH 50 .

EARTH 50 .

a part of “EARTH 50 .”, a fictional universe by smurfcaleb.

after the crisis on infinite earths , a single quintessential universe was created called earth fifty . the perfect earth , a combination of each and every world created .

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “EARTH 50 .”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

EARTH 50 .

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby smurfcaleb on Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:07 am

if you care enough to ask a question , shoot . if you want to get involved with making an rp , also shoot . also free to just start a discussion about anything here , as long as it's kind of related to the project or comic books in general .

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

smurfcaleb
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Lifegiver

Re: EARTH 50 .

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:02 pm

I think I might join, but only because this site has gone super-silent in the last few months and I need something to fill the gaps. However, I have a few questions.

1. Are only the most popular characters included in this fusion universe, or [I]all[I/] the DC and Marvel characters?

2. How exactly do all the different character origins fit together?

3. I'm still confused about your intentions for this RP. You tagged it as "not a roleplay" and keep talking about a project and something. However, this is an RPG site, so making something that isn't an RPG on an RPG site is kinda redundant :/ Please explain?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Tipworthy Group Theory Storyteller Promethean World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Inspiration Property Buyer Salesman Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby smurfcaleb on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:49 am

@Abraxas_Axis:xxwell , this isn't a roleplay . at least not yet anyway . this is merely a place to keep my ideas about this universe that i have: timelines , character details , stories , etc . but , if it garnered some public interest i would make it into an rp . probably revolved around a singular ultimate event , like the superhuman civil war , or simply a plotless roleplay centred around character drama and interactions .

all dc and marvel characters are to be included , except for those i would see to be redundant or not fitting in the universe , which is a very limited list anyway . those who wouldn't be included would probably be incorporated into another character's story and i try very hard to not omit a character , even if they don't fit my rules . those rules i haven't put up yet , but basically earth - 50 doesn't interact with parallel universes or partake in time travel , so characters who's backstories are based on those concepts are changed . i hope this make sense but it kinda seems like i'm spewing garbage that only i understand at this point .

well , characters backstories would try to stay as close to the proper as possible , while adding special elements such as inclusions of other character from the other properties . they can be minimal or monumental . bruce wayne and tony stark are business rivals , and bruce even comes to tony to join the justice league but tony refuses out of pure ego . clark kent is told about the stories of the legendary captain america and is inspired by the world war ii icon when he decides to take on his own identity . aquaman rules atlantis , while namor rules another underwater land named valusia , and are constantly on the brink of conflict simply because of the kings tension with one another . thor odinson and diana of themyscira know eachother before superheroes even grace the earth . peter parker and dick grayson have crossed paths many times and are quiet close . things like that . the scope of big events has also been widened to incorporate both universes , i.e. thanos' infamous snap of his fingers , the superhuman registration act resulting in civil war , the death of jason todd , the earthquakes that rocked star city and gotham city during the undertaking and the cataclysm , etc , etc .

and i pretty much answered your third point in my introductory statement . i think . it is unfortunate this site has been so empty , it'd be nice to breathe some new life .

if you have any more questions , just hit me , i'll be glad to answer . i do tend to ramble so i wouldn't be surprised if i caused some kind of confusion .

smurfcaleb
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 pm

Okay cool! Well, you can work on this and all and maybe if you want to make it an RP I'll join. If you want to make it a popular thing you could promote it in the chat, the forums or in this website's Discord server. Good luck!

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Tipworthy Group Theory Storyteller Promethean World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Inspiration Property Buyer Salesman Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm

A role-play based on the Crisis with Captain America as the thumbnail is paramount to sacrilege.

I would say that your best bet would be to start afresh with a new RP, if your goal is to actually create something with others rather than having it be a sounding board for your own work which is much more suited to something like Deviant Art. Or even posting in the Forums for feedback or suggestions for example.

I mean the main page is fairly lacking in any sort of draw to bring people in and your aim is a little too vague to be interesting. You often see success with stories following the next generation rather than simply having people replay adventures of existing characters since it allows them to explore their own ideas. The layout from something like this is much more impressive.

There was a rather good RP a year or two back where they'd created an academy following the Marvel and DC realities being merged where Stark and Wayne pooled their resources to create it, with the setting itself being a few decades after that merge. Not saying simply re-hashing that would be the best but maybe creating a similar setting, perhaps having a group of people who are the next generation but are kept in a X-Factor type program and have broken free. Where the story becomes how they're trying to find their place in the world. If you've merged the realities then leave it fairly open, mark out a few core changes or interactions between major characters like Dr Strange working with Raven or Zatanna to help stabilise the reality merge. And then let people submit characters and if there's something likely to clash or cause friction you implement a list of things that aren't allowed.

Ideally you need to create the setting, and hint at what the plot may begin as in order to cultivate a wider audience.

Also, why do you purposefully make your font smaller? It's kinda painful to read without manually editing the CSS file first. Also if I seem overly critical it's more due to the sheer number of RPs of this kind that I've joined in hopes of something great only to watch far too many fail before they've even began. And I'm also not great with tone or subtlety
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!