Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Great Black Wall

The Great Black Wall

a part of “The Great Black Wall”, a fictional universe by Aniihya.

Ten thousand years ago, a massive wall was built to keep the winter horde and their wizards from invading the southern empires. But now with the winter horde gone, the wall is barely manned, but a new danger threatens the lands.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Great Black Wall”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Great Black Wall

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:00 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Great Black Wall"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: The Great Black Wall

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:42 pm

This Order sounds like a mix of Night's Watch from GoT and the Grey Wardens from Dragon age.

I'm interested. Have a Question though...

Can my character be from the North of the wall? Or are only south of wall people allowed?
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Yes your character can be from north of the wall as people exist north of the wall. And I have never seen Game of Thrones. The ceremony part is somewhat inspired by dragon age but I wouldn't say they are comparable to the grey wardens so much. Like the grey wardens, they are an order of guardians but the grey wardens have a specific enemy. The order of Whitewatch however is generally tasked to protect the inhabitants of the continent from any evil that arises, specifically one that may come from the north.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:54 am

Should we start? I don't know if anyone else is going to join.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:38 am

I'm all for starting.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Well I wrote a first post two days ago.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Thu May 16, 2019 3:06 am

Not sure if this RP is still going but I can see a lot of potential.
There's just a few plot holes that I think, if further explored, could open up more opportunities for excitement in the RP (and possibly more recruits).

For instance the description of the factions and such confused me a little. Orcs are extinct but how do they summon them for sacrificial ceremonies? It would be cool if the order secretly has an "orc farm" that no one knows about. It would be cool for the dragons and orcs history to be further fleshed out too. Like I imagine the orcs and dragons teamed up to fight against the order for their cruelty in gaining power. It could be that everyone thinks the order is just protecting them, when they're in fact just power hungry and secretive because of the above.

Would be cool to see more description on the different area too; like what races reside in each area most; which races are friendly with each other and which aren't. I would love to join something like this but I wanted to play an orc R.I.P. and thought it would be cool to play the "villain" in your tale so that there's that bit of drama you know? and always mystery: where did this character come from? Why are they hunting us down? Who are they? What are they? Etc and as the characters find out more about the villain, they'll learn more about the order.

These are just some suggestions though, and it's completely up to you how you would like your RP to run. I really do hope that it picks up because it seems fun. :))

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Streamwatcher Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue May 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Oh, sorry. I am just seeing this. If we had people who would join, then yes this RP would still be going but our third person hasn't logged back in since they made their character.

Also addressing, that with the orcs: The summoned orcs are summoned from a different plane of existence, like summoning demons. Basically orcs are extinct in this plane of existence, but still exist in others. And the order came to existence as a reaction to attacks by dragons and orcs. In this world, dragons and orcs were naturally inclined to dominate other species and the order didn't genocide the orcs but rather a couple of factors led to orcs ceasing to exist, such as dragons, lack of females and their culture that was hostile to the preservation of their own kind due to its value of competition among orcs. It is sort of like how humans have nearly destroyed mankind but more extreme. They basically were so shortsighted that the world ran out of orcs.

Regarding your third paragraph, I will get to that later.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Thu May 30, 2019 8:09 pm

You can maybe play a half-orc or someone who has partial orc blood. And the story is not centered around the order being the antagonists, but the order being the protagonists protecting the lands from an unknown threat.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!