Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Re: Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby heirophant on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 am

the menu keeps disappearing when I shrink my window down. if you could fix that that'd be great, thanks...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

heirophant
Member for 5 years
Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Hey, I have a few current suggestions and requests:

* Create a way to "mark notifications as read." I have over 18K notifications and nothing makes that number decrease.

* Create an "x" to exit the pop-up information box in a place when inside a roleplay reading or replying to posts in a particular location. It's visually distracting and cluttering.

* Enable editing of a user's own posts past a brief time period.

* I also want to note that character pages have always been broken when a character's name includes certain non-standard diacritic markings. For example, two of mine include the following - if you click either link, you'll get an error: (1) Fātiḥ Sayılgan (2) Thục-Đoàn Phùng. It would be great if these errors could be resolved while enabling non-standard diacritics (for proper spelling! in this case of a Turkish and a Vietnamese name.)

Thanks!
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 am

New question - the chat tabs (a la Facebook chat) from a few years ago have popped up again at the bottom taskbar on the site, and they each contain messages marked as unread/new from everyone who has ever messaged me (but only a few of my responses as interlocutor). What is this? Is it mean to be a bug or a feature?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:46 am

Ylanne wrote:New question - the chat tabs (a la Facebook chat) from a few years ago have popped up again at the bottom taskbar on the site, and they each contain messages marked as unread/new from everyone who has ever messaged me (but only a few of my responses as interlocutor). What is this? Is it mean to be a bug or a feature?

It's the history of your chat whispers, in instant-messenger form! We'll be exposing more tools for all historical logs soon.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 1.75 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:16 pm

A lot of factors have gone into this site dying in the past few years, but one of the things that I think hurt was being able to easily track the new RPs at the top of every page.

I know you changed the layout of the site to give it a facelift and add new feature to try and give the site new life, but in process it became more convoluted and weird to navigate and it took away simple features - like seeing new RPs at the top of your screen - that really helped foster the community/group-RP aspect of the site.
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"자살은 고통을 없애주지 않는다. 단지 다른 사람에게 고통을 전가 시킬 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.75 INK in return for their work.

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Ello all!
So had a small idea came to my mind recently that I wanted to suggest/request, so here I am!

So I know sometimes when stuff is changed on the site, it takes a bit to realize or you notice a button moved somewhere or something. I was wondering if maybe we could have a forum that show what all was changed? Like the small notes. It would be helpful for when stuff happens, people could subscribe to it so they KNOW when stuff changes and could keep it underneath the Announcement section of the Forums. Would (if possible) be good idea to make it where only the Mods/Staff can post there so it doesn't get spammed by other people.

Anyways, just an idea!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:14 am

Maci-Care wrote:Ello all!
So had a small idea came to my mind recently that I wanted to suggest/request, so here I am!

So I know sometimes when stuff is changed on the site, it takes a bit to realize or you notice a button moved somewhere or something. I was wondering if maybe we could have a forum that show what all was changed? Like the small notes. It would be helpful for when stuff happens, people could subscribe to it so they KNOW when stuff changes and could keep it underneath the Announcement section of the Forums. Would (if possible) be good idea to make it where only the Mods/Staff can post there so it doesn't get spammed by other people.

Anyways, just an idea!

Yes! We try to keep the changelog up to date, but there haven't been any significant changes in the past couple years. Most recently, I added character portraits to the "Scenes" page and announced it in RPG Chat — though I wonder if it wouldn't be helpful to have someone go through and take screenshots for a "Guide to RPG" of sorts?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:39 am

Personally, I think it would be helpful to announce changes somewhere other than chat. Not everyone is on the chat all the time (the chat is definitely nice, and useful, but I don't have time to be on there 24/7, so I can't stay up to date with what's going on in there if people are chatting a lot. I'm probably not the only one.)

I think a guide to rpg would be great!
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 1.25 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:52 pm

A few things:

-I suggest adding the option to freely select where your character will be posting from (without going through chat) as well rather than having to move your character through the chat functionality OR to hide posts that show the spawning of an area/character. It's troublesome having to move your character in chat to different locations and it clogs up the page with needless posts that you, the GM, can't delete. Additionally, the /join command is broken so you also have to make sure all your locations are built to connect with each other lest you screw yourself over by creating your character in the wrong place. I understand that it's convenient for mapping out areas that are meant to be separated (especially for sandboxes) but it's very clunky for smaller roleplays that aren't meant to be as open world.

-Allowing us to edit posts older than two weeks. I can understand not allowing this for threads but I don't see the purpose behind that for roleplay posts.

-A character journal tab in roleplays. I noticed that many independent universes have threads for relationships and I think that having a separate tab for them rather than an OOC thread would be a good way to declutter the OOC forum, especially if you can edit journals as well!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.25 INK in return for their work.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby noctemys on Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:58 pm

Should add a search box in RP so you can find specific posts within a Thread without having to scroll through post after post to find a story detail...
"We either follow our purpose in life, or make one for ourselves."

noctemys
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Streamwatcher Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:27 pm

Just a random thought I had the other day:
Would be cool if there was feature to tag another user in a post if you collab with someone. IDK how that would affect things like posts/words count for individual users but just something I was thinking about.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby cl.love on Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:06 pm

it would be nice if there was an option to fully remove another user from a roleplay if they are no longer contributing. i feel like it's a bit unfair for users to get the "completed roleplay" achievement if they dropped out in the beginning and didn't contribute to the story as a whole.
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Partner Search | Tumblr | ArchiveOfOurOwn
Discord

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

My theme song is Iris by Goo Goo Dolls.

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

cl.love
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Streamwatcher Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby mjolnir on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Hey there! I just had a couple thoughts on navigation and a couple other things.

my roleplays | This page, used to be housed under our name (in the upper right hand corner) and took us to the "roleplay management" page. As someone who RPs in user created universes, this page is very useful. It allows us to see the most recent post in any universes we've joined. And below that it lists all the RPs we've joined, and if we're the GM it'll list the characters in that RP beneath it.

Currently, the only way to access this page is to go through our messages and click the "roleplays" tab. I'd really like if this could be integrated back under our names in the upper right where it used to be, or maybe under "universes." I know we have the "my universes" under our names, but that only shows the universes I've created and not the ones I'm in, and it doesn't show me when there is a new post. I know we have notifications, but having easier access to the "roleplay management" page would "super" helpful because, for me, this is the page my RPG lives on whenever I'm on the site.

universes | When I hover over universes, it has a huge drop down for all the universes I've joined going from the first one I've joined to the most current one I've joined. This is nice, but since I've joined so many, the list stretches past my page so I can't even utilize these feature. I think a scrolling feature for that could fix it. But what I think might work better would be having on hover of "universes" having it show "Create Universe", "The Multiverse", "New Universes" (which would link to the standard universes page which shows the newest user created universes) and "Joined Universes" (Or something along those lines that could potentially link us to the "roleplay management" page.)

friends | I believe I've mentioned this before, but I think it'd be really nice to have a feature that allowed us to friend each other. I find it to be extremely frustrating when I have to sift through old RPs to find a character written by a specific person to send them a message when there is no easier way for me to find them.

outbox messages | Just something I've noticed recently. Messages will remain in the "outbox" as unread, even though I know the person has seen it because they've responded. Idk if this is just some small glitch or something. But I just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks! :)
Image Image
Image Image

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:42 pm

I believe that character adoptions might be broken. I've abandoned a few characters in my storage while marking the checkbox that allows adoption but they are no longer on the front page.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 1.25 INK Postby mjolnir on Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:56 pm

I've noticed that private or 1x1 RPs are now completely hidden to everyone except for those who are in it. And while I do think this can be useful in certain situations. Maybe there could be a setting choice where we can have it visible to the public or hidden.

I only mention this, because I know some people like to read RPs other people have created. And I, personally, have no issues with people reading my RPs.

Just a thought. Thanks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.25 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby mombie on Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:32 am

mjolnir wrote:
I've noticed that private or 1x1 RPs are now completely hidden to everyone except for those who are in it. And while I do think this can be useful in certain situations. Maybe there could be a setting choice where we can have it visible to the public or hidden.

I only mention this, because I know some people like to read RPs other people have created. And I, personally, have no issues with people reading my RPs.

Just a thought. Thanks.

I agree with this. I personally read certain 1x1s or even other RPs I am not involved in because I am weird, I think. These RPs are still part of RPG and are indicative of the site's activity. There's no reason why they should be completley hidden.

There is option to have it hidden, as that's what the PRIVATE option is for. However, if we don't check that box upon creation, it shouldn't be forced on us.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 1.50 INK Postby Nemeseia on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:03 pm

mombie wrote:
mjolnir wrote:

Just a thought. Thanks.

I agree with this. I personally read certain 1x1s or even other RPs I am not involved in because I am weird, I think. These RPs are still part of RPG and are indicative of the site's activity. There's no reason why they should be completley hidden.

There is option to have it hidden, as that's what the PRIVATE option is for. However, if we don't check that box upon creation, it shouldn't be forced on us.

I think this was mostly created as a temporary *bandaid* for players creating characters in RP’s labeled as private. While it is a much appreciated gesture, I do agree that private RP’s should be made available for public reading, but not public character submission unless the GM has added you as a co-GM.

It already costs 100 INK to make the RP private, perhaps something similar can be implemented to make the RP private and viewable to members who just want to read? Keep the character submission only to those who are GM and co-GM?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.50 INK in return for their work.

Nemeseia
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:01 am

One feature that I think could be really beneficial is to have some sort of feature that allows any RP to be flagged as "Not Accepting" and for that to mean that no new characters can be submitted at all, or for members who do not already have a character in that universe to be unable to submit characters. As a GM, it can be kinda frustrating when people keep submitting characters even when you have all of your character slots filled or don't want to take on any more people for whatever reason, and it's got to be frustrating when, as a user, you submit a character to an RP and it never gets accepted. On the back of that, it may also be beneficial to automatically flag an RP as Not Accepting if there has been no activity for a certain period of time e.g. six months or a year so newcomers aren't submitting characters to universes that have been dead for that long and are unlikely to come back at that point. I know some may say this may promote us appearing exclusionary or whatever but either way, the characters aren't getting accepted, so why not make it visible that they won't be accepted?
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Connected on Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:15 am

Here's a screenshot of an RP's information panel as seen from the Universe page:

This suggests, to me, that there are seven players with characters created for this RP. But that isn't quite true. It seems common to make more than one character or even some NPCs, but they all count towards the player character count shown on the RP's information panel. Someone who's casually glancing at the list of available plays to participate in might write the play off as relatively full.

Looking at the Characters tab does not give much reassurance. If we do some digging, we find:

Character 1 is a GM-controlled narrator.
Character 2 is controlled by Player 1.
Character 3 is controlled by Player 2.
Character 4 is also controlled by Player 2.
Character 5 is controlled by Player 3.
Character 6 is a GM-controlled character, or NPC.
Character 7 is controlled by Player 4.

This means that the actual player count is closer to 4, but you wouldn't be able to tell that from any of the pages or tabs for the play. But a play accepting applications with only 4 current players is a dream come true for someone who's looking to join a new play. So it may help entice new applicants if the information panel looked a bit more like:

In line with Partially-Stars' suggestion, maybe the Submit a Character and Accepting applications lines could be removed and replaced with the former data fields when an RP is no longer accepting new applications.

Connected
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Tipworthy Contributor

Tips: 1.50 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:57 am

I have another small suggestion that would be really helpful. For forum threads, in particular OOC ones for the indy universes, it would be nice to be able to edit the description section after 2 weeks.

One of the links I would use for images changed so now my images don't work in anything, it messes up the coding I did. And this would be an easy fix if I could go into the coding and change this, but since it's been over the 2 weeks I cannot.

I think, by extension, it would be nice if we could edit forum posts in general after 2 weeks as long as we are the creator. And posts in general in universes. When you're the GM you can edit posts whenever but only when you're the GM. I know, for me personally, in Indy universes, I dip back into old posts to grab my post headers and sometimes I'll catch typos I made and want to fix them. It'd be nice to have this ability to go back into them whenever to edit when needed.

Thanks!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.50 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!