Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Re: Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Thu May 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Nee smiled back at Mizuki playfully and continued to harvest what was needed. He had become accustomed to the way she brushed off small playful chat. Ironically, it was part of the reason he enjoyed her company.

It was at that moment, with a swing of rage, the entrance to the cottage blasted open in such aggression.

Nee stood in shock as the man he had once fought with alongside his sister hung at the entrance of Mizuki's home. It was as if the world around him has stopped and began working in reverse.

The pain and the anguish all rushed back and streamed down his face.
It wasn't until the man started shouting that Nee noticed the bright red hair that hung in Itachi's arms. It was a bittersweet reunion.

He screamed Manami over and over again. Yelling uncontrollably.
Well at least that was what his mind allowed him to believe.
In reality, he stood motionless and unmoved. All that emerged was the tears and nothing else.

Shock had forced him into a catatonic state. The sticky Aloe plant had fallen to the floor.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu May 02, 2019 7:53 pm

Itachi nodded as Dr. Mizuki assured him that she would save her. Her piercing green gaze met his own as she asked him about Manami. He became alarmed as she talked about her own life being taken if she healed her.
"Don't say that, Mizuki. No one's dying on my watch!"
Itachi clasped Manami's hand in his, her skin cold to the touch.

"Her name is Manami Tsukino, and she's in the Akatsuki, like me. She is also the woman I love the most in this world. I knew that she loved me, too, but to think that she would..."
Tears formed in his eyes, but he brushed them away. This was no time to give in to despair, not as long as she still drew breath.
"Somewhere in this world is a young man named Chiharu who also loves her like a sister, and she must live for his sake, as well."

His head whipped around in shock as Mizuki addressed another man in the room, someone he hadn't even noticed up until now.
"Nee...?"
That name jogged his memory, and he remembered facing down a Hidden Mist ninja, scarring him in retaliation for him hurting Manami. It was clear now that this was her brother, who had been searching for her all this time. He seemed to be comatose, in complete shock at seeing his sister like that. Whatever their past, the two were no longer enemies, and Itachi turned back to Mizuki.

"You're wrong, Dr. Mizuki. You fulfilled your promise, for this woman who I love with all of my heart is also his sister. For his sake, too, you must save her."
His eyes became determined, the same Itachi who was among the best of the Akatsuki.
"Tell me what I must do to heal you once this operation is done. Don't even think about not seeing the sunrise tomorrow, Dr. Mizuki."
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat May 11, 2019 6:01 pm

The redhead forcefully shook off another rising bubble of jealousy at how Itachi spoke of the young woman he had brought before her. She mentally chided herself for having such foolish and rude thoughts. Stupid.

Her attention was drawn away momentarily as a slight thud met her ears, prompting Mizuki to turn towards the source. Some of the aloe had fallen to the floor as her would-be apprentice dropped it in his shock.

The questions never had a chance to leave her lips as Itachi's voice filled the room once more. So this was Nee's beloved sister. What a convenient and unexpected coincidence.

A soft, somewhat pained laugh escaped her, a sad smile on her face as she returned her focus to the girl she was healing and her favorite patient. It was admittedly heartwarming to see the family reunited and especially flattering to hear Itachi declare his resolve to help her. How on earth could he be a truly bad person- a criminal hated by the shinobi world?

"You truly are a kind man, Itachi Uchiha." She remarked while gracing him with a smile, sweat beginning to soak her skin and breathing getting more painful. "Seems I was correct when I first met you. You are not an evil man by any means, no matter what happened. I have looked into an evil person's eyes; you do not have the eyes of a murderer'."

Looking back at Minami, she considered the question, not once pausing in her work of absorbing any illness and injury the woman carried. "In any case...I do not know if you can make such a promise, though I appreciate the kindness. I have never taken the injuries of someone so close to death as this, so I cannot say for sure how I will do..."

Mizuki coughed, a splatter of blood landing on the table beside her patient as she sank into a chair, feeling more of her body succumbing to the damage.

"It is true I can heal anything, but as you see, I must take it myself. However, I do have the ability to afflict illness or injury upon anyone as well if I choose ..." smiling ruefully, she turned to face Itachi and stop him before he spoke. "But no, I will not pass any of this to you- otherwise her sacrifice will have been in vain. So unless you have the ability to bring me to a surgeon right away, or have other enemies and individuals after your lives for me to pass some of this on to, then please do not worry about me. Besides, it would likely take dispersing the damage among multiple parties to ensure survival."

Resting her hands directly on Manami's chest now in order to spare her energy holding them up, she shook her head gently. "And I've said it before, haven't i? You don't need to be formal with me. " Mizuki coughed again, wincing at the growing pain as her eyes began to blur with blood.

She didn't feel right having Itachi address her so formally. She wasnt officially taught the art of medicine. It was her father passing on his knowledge, endless hours of self-study, and a natural affinity that granted her this power.
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun May 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Itachi closed his eyes and softly shook his head. He had done too many evil things to be called a good or kind man. No matter what acts of kindness he did now, they would never erase the blood of his clan that forever stained his hands. He just didn't want anyone else to die, especially not for him. Itachi was tired of the killing and the bloodshed. If he never held a weapon or fought again in his life, that would be just fine with him.

Itachi opened his eyes and turned to Manami, noticing how her red hair seemed especially vibrant against her pale skin. Her injuries absorbed from him were extensive, and now it seemed that Dr. Mizuki would have to take them upon herself in turn. Guilt stabbed at his heart as yet another woman ran the risk of dying over him. When blood was spewed from Dr. Mizuki's mouth, he knew he had to do something. He would not let these two noble women die, no matter what it took to save them. Itachi nodded at her words, his eyes burning with determination.

Itachi did actually know of a man who would be able to save Dr. Mizuki. He was an underground surgeon of great renown, but he was very costly. He didn't really trust him and so didn't use him much, but he would if it meant saving her life. Itachi had saved up quite a bit of money during his time in the Akatsuki, and he would use every bit of it if he had to. His thoughts were interrupted when she said that he didn't have to be so formal with her. They had spoken of this before, but Itachi respected her and so he found it hard to do so.

Mizuki was not looking so good, so he prepared to rush her to get help as soon as he could. He knew where to find the surgeon, and the shortest route to get there. If he could possibly do it, he would keep both Manami and Mizuki alive. A small smirk appeared on his face.
"If you make it through this, I'll never address you formally again."
It seemed like such a small thing, but in matters of life and death, there were no such things as small things.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 pm

It all happened incredibly fast.
One moment he was cutting up a plant- the next his poor sister was next to death in the arms of the man that Nee assumed had stolen her away from him.

When reality set back in, a blurring image of green Aloe jelly across a stone floor forced its way into Nee's vision. His eyes locked towards it- daring him to look away and see the true horror that had erupted in Misuki's practice.
He looked up at the door again but no one was there. He heard the faintest muffled sound of voices and turned his attention towards it.

Mizuki stood above Nee's broken sister- taking the many wounds on to herself. Itachi stood emotionally to the side. A cascade of Mizuki's blood dashed itself across the floor- as every internal injury from Manami clung to its new victim.

What happened next was purely reactional. For a moment Nee forgot about his sister lying on the table- and instead focused upon the woman he had shared his time with over the course of the last few months.
Lunging forward, he placed his arms around her waste and locked his hands together.
She was beginning to feel cold.
He knew she would hate his arms around her and he knew how passionately she liked her own space. Yet, he felt a strong desire to help her live- alongside his sisters life- she was someone he cherished, because she had helped him live on without his family.
' Take what Chakra you need from me, let me help you share this burden so that we may all survive'
He spoke in a rather forceful tone, that suggested 'No' was not a valid answer.

From the short time he had spent alongside the Doctor, he had learnt that one could share the burden of injury with another healer. However, Mizuki had taken on most of the extensive wounds- meaning she would still need to heal and see a gifted medical nin.
' Come on Mizuki- let me help! Take whatever you need'.

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu May 30, 2019 3:45 am

'Don't look at me like that, I had already planned to give my life in exchange for yours- -even if only secondhand from your love who saved you first.' Mizuki thought as she met the Uchiha's eyes, hoping to give him a reassuring smile. "I'll hold you to that." she replied, pleased he finally agreed not to be so formal. She only looked at him a moment longer before returning her attention and remaining strength to her patient. She was working steadily and going through methodically to make sure she didn't miss any critical injury. She promised Itachi she'd fix his love, and damn it she was not about to break that vow!

Mizuki didn't bother to wipe away any sweat or blood, solely focused on making it through to the end. Pain wracked her body, and exhaustion was quickly setting in. Despite this, the medic didn't pause in her efforts. She could not, would not, fail. Mizuki knew she could do it, all she needed was to remain conscious until the end...

Mizuki's focus was interrupted with a jolt and a slight gasp as she suddenly felt a warm set of arms around her middle. The touch resulted in an odd combination of shock, worry, and utter bewilderment. For a few seconds, the young woman ceased in her efforts to absorb the damage and disease that now plagued the kunoichi on her table. Concentration broken, Mizuki glanced over her shoulders to see Nee had effectively locked her in his arms. Had she still enough bloodflow in her veins, her face would have likely burned in mortification at the unexpected action.

Mizuki took a shaky breath, ready to tell Nee he had to let go and let her finish when his voice cut off any attempts at doing so. Take his chakra...?

Realizing his intent, Mizuki's first instinct was to deny she needed help. About to say as much, another cough came instead, causing her broken ribs to burn at the force. Wincing in spite of her efforts not to, Mizuki took a shallow breath and inwardly relented, thinking the options over in her mind. Still slightly reluctant, she gave a brief nod of acceptance and gratitude. "...Very well. If you are certain." she murmured softly, vision blurring more from the blood starting in her eyes and from a growing heaviness.

Refocusing on Nee's sister once more, Mizuki continued to take her injuries upon herself, intent on finishing the job properly. She didn't want to admit it, but she could definitely uses some help. This young woman must have far greater resolve and chakra than she did, in order to actually take everything and not die or pass out beforehand. After all, such injuries alone would end with death, nevermind the fact that completely depleting one's chakra also spelled out the same fate. The thought was more frustrating than she'd ever admit.

Hands on Manami, Mizuki took a moment to focus before continuing with Nee's help. Despite what she presumed he was suggesting, she wanted to try and heal her fellow redhead without involving anyone else. If she could just siphon a little bit of extra chakra to help her get through the process, perhaps it would be enough to finish. And maybe...just maybe if she was lucky enough, she'd have just enough chakra left over to keep her body going for a brief period after (although she thought it impressive Itachi had kept himself going as long as he had when he had first sought out her skill, and he had been uninjured then). Brows furrowing, Mizuki had to make sure she didn't give Nee any of his sister's wounds, but only utilize some of his chakra he was generously offering.

"...Regardless of what comes, I am glad....to have met you both...." Mizuki said sincerely, smiling at Itachi and Nee briefly before turning back to their precious person. She was almost done, fighting to maintain consciousness and clarity of mind to effectively sponge up any and all injury. "She'll...be fine in just a few..." Talking was too much effort, so Mizuki went silent, feeling a slight relief in spite of her probable death now that she was confident she would successfully finish healing Manami.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Itachi watched as Mizuki used all of her ability and some of Nee's Chakra to finish healing Manami. He smiled with relief as she said that she would be fine in just a few minutes.
"Thank you, Mizuki," he said, deciding to not be formal with the woman who had given her all to save her love.
As she looked like she was about to fall, Itachi scooped her into his arms and held her bridal-style.
"I will not let you die."
Itachi turned to Nee with a determined look in his eyes.

"Stay here and look after your sister. When she comes around, tell her that I took Mizuki to a doctor so that her wounds could be treated. We will return as soon as possible."
Leaving the hut, he raced as fast as his legs could carry him across the miles. In the Land of Lightning, he finally found the home of the gifted underworld surgeon. Going inside, he saw the man had just finished a surgery not long before.

"Itachi Uchiha...I was not expecting to see you here today."
The underworld surgeon's true name was unknown, as was his past. He was known simply as The Doctor, and even his face was unknown, as no one had ever seen him without his green surgical hat and face mask. There was a hint of brown hair peeking out from the hat, and his eyes were a piercing blue, but that was all that could be seen.
"This woman is Mizuki, a doctor who took on the injuries of her patient to save her life. I need you to treat her before she dies."

The Doctor had Itachi lay her on the table and did an examination.
"These wounds are extensive and life-threatening. I can save her, but for a surgery this labor-intensive, it will cost you."
Itachi fished a large bag of gold from his robes and set it on the table.
"I trust this will cover the costs."
The Doctor nodded and slipped on his surgical gloves.

"I will do all that I can to save her. Please step out of the room so that it will be sterile."
Itachi left and sat in a chair in the waiting room. The Doctor began performing the operation on Mizuki, using a combination of surgical techniques and medical Jutsu to methodically heal her injuries. When he was finished treating her wounds, he bandaged her up and transferred her to a hospital bed where she would rest until she was recovered. The Doctor then went out to the waiting room to speak with Itachi.

"I have healed Mizuki's wounds and bandaged her up. She will live, but she will need to rest."
"Thank you, Doctor. You have no idea how grateful I am."
The Doctor nodded and led Itachi to the side room where Mizuki was resting in the bed. Itachi sat down next to her and breathed a sigh of relief while the doctor began cleaning the operating room.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:27 pm

She swore she had seen the light.
An aggravating bright and glaring light that beckoned her to come forward from the dark.
Manami had given her all, the searing pain was now leaving her.

Her eyes flung open, her vision was blurred and lacked colour. However, the room was empty and sterile.
Steadily, she lifted her body up- and a strangers arms grasped behind her back to help her.

Nee stood stoically behind Mizuki, as she took what chakra she needed from him to heal his sister.
With every inch of chakra that left him, he felt himself weaken slightly- but- he was not about to give up on either woman.

Once complete, Mizuki fell back into Nee's arms but was quickly scooped up by Itachi, who exited rather rapidly to heal her.
he left Nee to attend and care for his sister.

He cleaned her up, cleaned and wrapped her existing woulds, that were no merely scratches. Strategically, he filled and attached fluids and removed her Akatsuki cloak to gain better access to her arms- in case he needed to monitor her pulse. It was almost like he has visited his childhood again, looking after his younger sister.

An hour or so passed before Manami had began to stir- but Nee did not leave her side.
She still looked broken and blood stained in places, yet her breathing was strong and she was beautiful as she had always been.

When she awoke and lunged forward, Nee was ready and by her side. He propped his hand behind her and guided her head forward. He took the time to explain what had happened- but she clearly was not aware enough to fully understand at this point.
The siblings held some small conversation before Manami fell back into sleep- though he was sure she was not fully aware that she knew who he was.
Admittedly, Nee was exhausted from helping his mentor work. Still holding onto his sisters hand, he drifted into his own sleep, his head lain on the crisp white sheets.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:04 am

The world felt incredibly heavy for some reason.

A myriad of hazy images and muffled sounds registered in Mizuki's brain, only for everything to go completely and utterly dark. She was sure this was the second such time this had happened, though she couldn't say how she could possibly know such a thing. All she knew, was that this time, she had one hell of a headache.

Headache? Did headaches really exist in the afterlife too?

With significant effort, the young woman managed to coax her eyes to crack open, only to wince at the sudden light burning in her corneas. She tried again, going even slower this time before managing to fully open her eyes. She wasn't sure what she was expecting, but it wasn't what she was currently seeing.

A florescent light illuminated what appeared to be a sort of hospital room, though not a decorated one. She was lying on her back in a simple but clean bed, and various tubes and wires were connected to various parts of her body. She recognized some machines, noting that they were significantly older (but no less effective or reliable) than what a 'proper' hospital would have. So, she was in some hospital...at an old and not updated facility. Perhaps it was a small, modest village-

Wait, hospital?

Mizuki felt more of the fog lift from her mind, thoughts racing at the realization. She couldn't be at a hospital room if she was dead. But how was she NOT dead? The last thing she could recall was healing someone...a young woman, who was at death's door. Itachi's love...

Fully alert, Mizuki's eyes darted around, straining against a very sore and heavy body to try and further assess her situation. Had she somehow failed?! No! She had promised him she would- -she knew she was able, so why?!

Feeling a rising bubble of despair at such a failure, her eyes fell upon none other than Itachi himself. He was quiet, but he didn't look particularly upset (not that she was particularly good at reading him to begin with, but still). Green eyes latched onto Itachi as she tried to decipher his expression with no more luck than usual. She hesitated, but finally found her voice.

"Why...why are you here? What about your love? I didn't..." Mizuki's voice wavered for a second, afraid what she might hear. "I didn't ...fail you...did I?" She fought the prickling of tears threatening to form, blinking fiercely to push them back. "No...I can still finish! I can't fail now-" the medic struggled to sit up, only for a sharp pain to radiate through her chest, causing her to gasp and drop back down. Broken ribs it felt like. Lifting a heavy arm, she draped the back of her hand and wrist over her eyes to hide tears of guilt and frustration that were becoming increasingly difficult to contain.

"Dammit! I can still..." Mizuki began, freezing as she suddenly began to realize her current state. She had a little tube delivering oxygen into her nostrills. Odd feeling, but understandable. Bandages, obviously after the injuries she had already taken. Pain, expected...
But her face. She never removed her mask to heal people or interact with others, so someone had taken it off to work on her.

It was a silly, stupid thing, especially with all that was going on, but now she was definitely not removing her forearm from covering her head. The thought of facing Itachi with potential tears in her eyes after failing him was more than shameful enough. But having him see that damn scar was just adding insult to injury at this point.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:40 pm

Itachi was relieved when Mizuki came around and looked at him. However, seeing him seemed to trigger some kind of panic. She seemed to believe that she had failed to heal Manami, and tried to get up but couldn't.
"Mizuki, please calm down. You didn't fail."
It seemed that she didn't hear him, though, and kept saying that she could finish Manami's operation.

Mizuki then covered her face, perhaps out of shame?
"Mizuki, listen to me. Manami is alive because you healed her, but your own life was in grave danger. I took you to The Surgeon, and he healed you. Everything is okay."
Itachi gently reached out and put a hand on her shoulder.

"I promised that I would never address you formally if you survived, and so I won't. So, please look at me, Mizuki."
She had no reason to be ashamed or full of guilt. Itachi had not noticed the scar she was trying to hide, so he wouldn't have thought of that. He just wanted his friend to be okay and happy.
"Nee will be overjoyed that you're alive, as well."

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:23 am

Her eyes began to flutter open.
At a guess, it was dusk- as the room was dark with eerie glow of sunlight.
In the first instance, Manami had not noticed her sleeping brother by her side.

She stirred and attempted to lift herself up, though she did not feel good at all.
Pain still radiated through her body but it was more of a dull ache. However, after assessing her own injuries, she realised her breathing and heart rate were back to a normal level.

Her eyesight was still something to be desired. Her left eye was blurry, which was part of the reason she hadn't noticed her older brother dozing by her side.

It was at this point she began to worry... where the hell was she and had she failed Itachi.

Nee awoke to the sound sound of sobbing and heavy breathing.
In a panic, his sister had began breaking down. Yet, she was not saying anything.

Sibling instinct took over and he wrapped his arms around her- and she began to struggle.
'Calm down! Manami- please calm down, you are safe'! he pleaded, before out stretching his arms so that Manami could now see him.

On a quick assessment, her left eye was extremely bloodshot and had clearly kept some of the horrific damage from Itachi's initial fight.
His sister was now looking at him with such confusion- she looked like she wanted to talk but yet she couldn't.
'Please don't try to talk. Your vocal chords need to heal- though Dr Mizuki took the extent of your damage- she could not take it all without killing herself... and well Manami- forgive me, but I could not let that happen'.

With sympathy he looked over this broken woman and felt regret for not trying to be there for her as a child. The village had destroyed her and rejected her. He just let that happen. Now the pair, both with their own share of emotional damage, sat and allowed their grievances to take toll.

He placed a hand on her cheek and gently wiped away a tear.
'He is safe. Itachi, is safe- and he is trying to save Mizuki'.

Nee then took a deep breath, it was imperative that he kept his sister safe whilst they waited for the news of Mizuki's hopeful return.
However, his selfish need for forgiveness was the driving force behind his next move.

Taking both of Manami's hands within his own and lowering his head, he desperately pleaded for forgiveness and waited for his younger sister to respond. His own tears now emptied upon the white sheets he had once slept upon

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Mizuki's feeble attempts to get herself up and to will away tears finally ceased, Itachi's words registering fully in her brain. His assurance that she had not, in fact, failed him and his girlfriend was finally met with a slow, steady sigh of relief. "I managed to save her..." she murmured, almost as an assurance to herself that she had heard him correctly. The silent tears she had been fighting off finally trickled down her cheeks, though they were now mixed with ones of relief (and some embarrassment, admittedly). Mizuki made no effort to move her arm yet, listening to Itachi explain that he had rushed her to be cared for after she finally collapsed.

She had survived because he took her to 'the surgeon '. She had herself heard the rumors of another underground healer- one who wouldn't turn anyone away or in to authorities so long as they had the coin to compensate him. That explained the old but functional equipment- an underworld surgeon wouldn't exactly have the latest and greatest of tools readily at their disposal.
If the rumors were true, whatever the stranger did to save her must have cost a very hefty sum indeed though.

A new bubble of guilt stirred in her gut, amazed and ashamed Itachi had gone so far to save her. The younger medic was incredibly greatful for the Uchiha's kindness and resolve to help her. Even so, she couldn't deny feeling more than just a little bad that he had not only spent who knew how much on her, but that he even left his beloved's bedside to see her cared for. Surely Manami would be sad to not see him upon waking up?

She was about to voice such concerns when Itachi's voice reached her ears again, this time imploring her to look at him. As in, move her forearm from her face. She hesitated, debating whether or not she felt able to oblige his request. Then, he did something she never would have expected from the Itachi Uchiha.

He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

It was a consoling, soothing gesture. And just like Nee's arms around her middle, it was unexpected, but not unwelcome. Startling, but not scary. In her surprise, she moved her arm aside to look at the hand in question, a slight flush of color in her cheeks. Was he really that concerned about her?

After the initial surprise wore off, Mizuki lowered her gaze and winced as she imagined her own appearance now: eyes slightly red and puffy from the tears she had tried to restrain. Some bruises from the injured tissues that would fade as she healed. Her tears had stopped, but the tracks could still be seen as they dried on her cheeks. And the mark she saw every time she looked into a mirror- a gash from a kunai knife that began at her left temple and sliced visciously down in an uneven diagonal line down before coming to a thin line at her right upper cheek.

She knew many shinobi and kunoichi bore injuries and battle scars, quite a number even worse than her own. But it didn't make her feel much reassured, especially in front of someone she liked. It was unpleasant to see, and the story behind it even more so. She frequently told herself it was stupid to fret over such a superficial thing. Even so, it had developed embarrassingly neurotic habits and an less than healthy self image over the years.

Well, not like she could avoid it forever.

A wry, slightly bitter smile graced her lips. "Not exactly how I imagined showing you...or anyone else for that matter." Mizuki remarked, daring to look at Itachi as asked.

The mention of Nee reeled her thoughts back to the concerns at hand, thankfully distracting her from her self image issues. "Was he alright as well? I couldn't tell how much chakra I borrowed from him." She asked, brows furrowed slightly as she tried to go back over the events in her mind. After a moment of thought, she finally addressed her bubble of guilt.

"Are you sure you shouldn't be by her side when she wakes up? She'll worry, you know." Mizuki remarked, regarding Itachi with a tilt of her head. "You're very kind to stay here with me. But please, don't let me keep you from her. I bet you're anxious to check on her too." Mizuki smiled in an encouraging manner before gingerly touching her hand to the one on her shoulder. "Thank you, Itachi."

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:18 am

Itachi nodded at her statement.
"Yes, you did. I'm so grateful to you for saving her."
When Mizuki moved her arm, he was surprised to see a battle scar going across her face. Having never seen her without her surgical mask before, he had never known it was even there. It was obvious that Mizuki was embarrassed about it, but Itachi felt that it was no big deal.

"Your scar does nothing to diminish your beauty."
These weren't just hollow words, Itachi really meant them. Mizuki's true beauty was in her caring for others and her selfless spirit, something no scar could ever lessen. He also still thought she was physically stunning, with gorgeous eyes and classic beauty. The right man would see her true beauty and become entranced with her.
"Do not hide such a beautiful face from the world."

When she asked about Nee, he nodded.
"Nee is doing just fine and looking after Manami."
He smiled a bit as she asked about him being with Manami.
"I want to be by her side more than anything, but I don't want to leave you. When we go back, we go back together."

Itachi appreciated her caring touch, and let it linger before he slowly withdrew his hand.
"Rest up and feel better soon. Once you are well enough to travel, we'll return to your hut. Manami and Nee haven't seen each other in a long time, and maybe it wouldn't be bad to let them work things out. I know all too well that siblings becoming estranged can end in tragedy."
Itachi then turned and left the room to give Mizuki some space, sending loving thoughts toward Manami that he hoped she would feel in her heart of hearts.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:04 pm

Manami watched as her older brother took her hands and wept for forgiveness.
She was confused and bewildered- remembering how the last time they met, he had tried to destroy her happiness.
Regrettably, she had harboured a lot of hate for him and carried it with her over the last few years.

Fortunately, in her renegade mission to secure the life scroll, Manami had come to terms with forgiving her brother. Knowing full well that she would not be ale to rest in peace if she hadn't succeeded in seeing him again.
She had presumed him dead in that mission- just like her parents.
Now she had been given the chance to amend her only tie to her family.

He had calmed her with the news of Itachi- but she could not help but worry about this Doctor that had risked her life.
She would have tol dher brother so but Manami still couldn't talk and her vision was blurry in her left eye- and sore.

She nodded to her brother- through tears of her own.
The past was the past and Manami wanted to move forward from all the hate.
The world was in so much turmoil thanks to her and the Akatsuki.
Her lover had nearly died- and in turn she had almost did too.
A fresh beginning was the only thing she had left.

Forgiveness was instant. However, Manami wondered if Nee knew of the death if his parents. If not, she knew that was a conversation they needed to have.

The fire in her throat still lingered and she lay back, placing a hand on her left eye.

The huge weight that had burdened Nee over the last 6 months.

He stood, dropping Manami's hand on the bed.
In all that Mizuki had taught him , he knew he had to make the patient comfortable until his Masters return.

As the late afternoon turned into the early evening, Nee bandaged around Manami's eye.
In addition, he gave he small sips of iced water to sooth her throat.
He ensured his little sister had the best care and vowed to protect her- as if they were children once more.

Both of them fell asleep, somewhere in the early hours of the morning.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 pm

While she didn't imagine Itachi would be the type to openly show disgust or offend someone with words, Mizuki hadn't expected him to compliment her of all things. Now that her blood was circulating properly throughout her body, it raced up to color her cheeks a bright red at the mysterious shinobi's words. Beauty? Sure, she knew she wasn't horrifically disfigured or ugly, but beautiful? No more than the average young woman, surely? She hadn't been complimented on her looks since her youth, and even that was mostly family and friends. To hear Itachi encourage her to show herself freely was unexpected and far more flattering than she cared to admit. She averted her gaze slightly in a vain attempt to hide her blush. Even if he was lying (though nothing in his words, expression, or mannerisms indicated deceit), she appreciated his kind words.

Thankfully, she was spared having to comment or respond to his flattering words as he quickly addressed her concerns.
A small smile began on her lips as he answered her inquiries, once more immensely touched by his insistence that he escort her back home despite his desire to be with his beloved. If Mizuki hadn't been sure before, she was certain now: no matter what was said of him or what transgressions he was guilty of, Itachi Ichiha was not inherently evil. He possessed an immense calm, strength, and what seemed to her a kind heart. She knew all too well people could be deceiving, but for some reason, the idea of Itachi being such a stark contrast to the calm persona he portrayed just seemed wrong.

At last, she began to relax against the pillows, assured that things were ok. The medic gave Itachi a nod of acceptance as he bid her to rest up, a small smile on her face as she watched him leave.

Beautiful, huh? The sentiment gave her a warm, happy feeling, even knowing his heart belonged to another. After all, she was just as susceptible to compliments as the next woman.

Several scattered thoughts later, she finally managed to drift off into sleep.
---------

It had been more than a day, but less than 48 hours since the medic had initially awoken and been reassured by a certain Uchiha (though she did admittedly lose track of the exact amount of time that had passed), but it was clear that Mizuki was anxious to go home despite the short duration.
She didn't complain, per say, but her restlessness was becoming increasingly more apparent with each passing hour.

Mizuki wanted to be back among familiar surroundings, she wanted to sleep in her own bed, have her personal space, a good bath or shower, and she definitely wanted to have her mask back.

She was comfortable enough around Itachi to not mind its loss in his presence (though she did regret not being able to hide any errant blushes around him, especially upon his first visit following her initial wake up). However, she shifted awkwardly and avoided looking directly at the face of any stranger, especially the surgeon. A small part of her was distrustful of his own hidden appearance (hypocritical, she inwardly confessed with a grimace), but mainly she didn't feel quite comfortable with foreign eyes on her. She was grateful, of course, and made sure to properly thank the man when she saw him. However, she couldn't bring herself to relax completely around him. It was hard to say whether it was simply due to her being around a stranger, or if she was subconsciously noting a few physical similarities (of what could be seen) to a certain person she once knew.

In any case, she tried to be patient, but she couldn't quite hide her frustrations as well as she'd like to imagine she could. Besides, there were people waiting back at her home!

"I will be careful, of course. But I hardly think it necessary to stay hooked up to fluids or monitors at this point. Surely I can move about? I know to be careful with the surgical sites..." Mizuki protested to the surgeon upon his next check-in, hiding behind strategically brushed and arranged sections of her red hair, the entirety of which had been released from its usual ties for such reasons. Instead of tied neatly behind her, the self-conscious medic left her hair to fall where it may after brushing it out, letting long bangs drape just enough to cover a decent portion of her face. It was proving to be harder than anticipated to feel secure without hiding her face in some manner.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:03 pm

The Surgeon came in for his daily check-up and noticed that Mizuki was getting restless. Doctors often made for the worst patients, and in her case, this was quite true. However, the surgery had gone well and she was healing up just fine. It seemed that she could soon be released.
"I will discharge you from the hospital tomorrow. However, I can't stress enough that you MUST take it easy for at least another couple weeks while you finish recovering."

The Surgeon left and Itachi approached the bed once more.
"Tomorrow, we will head home. I am as eager as you are to get back to normalcy."
Of course, for Itachi, he really didn't know what that meant. What would life be like now that the war was over and the Akatsuki had won? He thought he would find the answer when he was back at Manami's side, and so he was eager to return to her.

The Next Day

A couple hours after dawn, Mizuki was out of bed and allowed to change behind a privacy screen. Once she was dressed, Itachi joined her and they met The Surgeon at the door of the clinic.
"I can't thank you enough for what you did for Mizuki, Surgeon," Itachi said with a bow.
"No thanks necessary. You simply paid me for a job and I did it."
His words were cold, but there was a warmth behind his eyes that shown brightly in their sedate surroundings.

After saying their goodbyes, Itachi and Mizuki left the clinic. With the young woman having to take it easy, they set out at a walk on a path headed back for her hut. Although it was slow going, Itachi never doubted in his directions and always kept a watchful eye to make sure that they would not be attacked by bandits. They stopped at noon to have a quick lunch, and then were back on the road again. The first orange rays of the evening sun were setting the sky ablaze when the hut came into view. Itachi, always the perfect gentleman, let Mizuki cross the threshold first and followed behind her.

His eyes went immediately to the crimson-haired beauty laying there, his beloved Manami.
"You're awake," he said with a smile that lit up his entire face.
Sitting next to her, he folded both hands over hers and kissed her cheek. His forehead rested against hers for a long moment, deep love passing through them. When he pulled back, he gave her a kind gaze and warm smile.
"Don't ever scare me like that again, okay?"

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:02 am

As another dawn arose, Manami lifted herself so she sat upright in the bed. Her brother had slept next to her that night, she could see a chair with a blanket neatly folded on top which meant he had gone out again for medicinal herbs for his mentor.
Manami's voice was still very quiet but the damage she had sustained was now subsiding.
However, her eye was still not completely right and Nee explained that it might never be(but he promised you couldn't tell just by looking).

By evening, Nee was preparing food after replacing her bandaged eye so a small white sticker patch. A few more days and she wouldn't have to wear a thing- she was rather lucky on the whole but her strength just did not feel like returning. Despite her brother and his cheery optimism, Manami still felt the crippling anxiety of her lover not returning to her.
Her own failure would become the death of her, after everything she had sacrificed to save him.. what if he didn't come back.

Of course she was wrong- as in that moment both Itachi and Mizuki re-entered the cottage.

Speechless and stunned, she watched him come towards her. His kiss touched her cheek and rippled through her like a pebble hitting a cool lake.
Manami smiled when he asked her never to do that again- but she knew she would do whatever it took to make him happy.
Her voice, though still weak, was well enough to rely.
[b]' I... promise- but now you get to live without the burden of knowing you have to die'.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:21 pm

The younger medic nodded to the surgeon, acknowledging his warnings ( albeit while fighting the urge to roll her eyes and give him an 'obviously ' in retort). She murmured her thanks, looking visibly relieved to hear she'd be discharged the next day.

-------------
Finally back into normal clothing and ready to depart, the young woman was ready to be on her way with Itachi.
Mizuki bowed to the surgeon after her companion and savior expressed his gratitude, still inwardly flattered he had cared so much. "Thank you, doctor, for saving my life. I apologize for any inconvenience to you or your few assistants. I promise to be careful so as not to ruin any of the work you've done. Thank you, and farewell." She said simply, meeting the unfamiliar man's eyes once before covering up with her green cloak.

The journey back was thankfully uneventful, and she noticed Itachi was taking care to not rush the pace (for which she was inwardly thankful- rested as she was, cracked or broken ribs were an utter pain in the ass to recover from and deal with as they slowly healed). Despite the leisurely pace, they managed to make it back to her modest home before nightfall (much to her surprise). Relieved to be home at last, Mizuki smiled softly as she crossed the threshold before Itachi.

A sigh of relief unconsciously left her lips as she was back among familiar surroundings. Glancing around, she inwardly took note of how well the house had been maintained in her short absence (for which she was grateful to have Nee being so helpful). As Itachi reunited with his girlfriend, the green eyed medic frowned slightly at the bandage over her patients eye. All her efforts, and she still missed something as important as that?! She cursed her inability to complete her healing, expecting her patient to be mostly tired, weak, and with no more than perhaps cold-like symptoms. Maybe one broken bone left at the most. Damn!

Retreating quickly to her bedroom, Mizuki ignored the pain of her ribs as she knelt down and fumbled with some floorboards under her bed. She gathered a large pouch of reserve money, carefully putting back the floorboards before standing again. Then, she removed her cloak and tossed it on her bed, pausing as she contemplated her face. She wanted to have strength and feel comfortable as Itachi encouraged her, but the stupid scar still vexed her. She hated the memory of the prick who gave it to her. Deciding on a compromise, Mizuki arranged another cloth mask on her face so the bridge of her nose downward was covered. There, now only the top half showed. Progress.

Taking the pouch of money and making her way back to her current guests, Mizuki cleared her throat softly to get their attention.
"Pardon the intrusion, but there are several things I wish to go over and discuss among the three of you." She began softly, looking from Itachi, Manami, and Nee in turn.

Pulling up a chair near the bed of her patient and settling into it, she did a brief exam. "How are you feeling? If it hurts to talk, feel free to nod 'yes' or 'no' instead. Any improvement since you've woken up? Have you been able to sit up or walk yet? Keeping food down? Pain?" She asked as she checked Manami's vitals, pausing only twice to re position herself so she wouldn't agitate any of her own injuries. "I'm sorry for keeping him away from you. I know you must have been worried and sad to not have him at your bedside when you came to." She said softly.

Satisfied with her exam, Mizuki turned to Itachi. "Let me repay my medical costs. That money is for you, and before you protest, I'll tell you upfront I'm not asking." She began, indicating the pouch she had fetched earlier. "In addition, while you were both healed, I suspect she took what I later intended to as well: the side effects and damage done to your body over the years by your powers and the disease. While you are safe now, I suspect illness may strike you again. In any case, if those symptoms come back, start taking the medicine as before and visit me." The medic stood and approached a shelf where Itachi's next month's worth of medicine sat, placing the three bottles into a pouch to give him. "And don't be late to pick any up again...I only provide a few extra pills in each bottle." A small half smile twitched at the corner of her mouth, knowing full well aside from this incident, he had never been, nor likely ever would be, late. 'Honestly, you had me worried...' she thought to herself.

Mizuki was silent for a few moments, biting her lower lip as she contemplated her concerns in her mind. She finally looked back up to meet each person's eyes in turn. " I am eternally grateful to all of you, for saving Itachi..." she looked to Minami. "...For saving my life..." next she looked to the Uchiha. "...And for helping take care of things for me." Her eyes finally landed on Nee.

Taking a deep breath, she continued, hoping no one would be unduly upset with her request. "So please, should any of you come to death's threshold...make sure you make it here to me immediately." Mizuki smiled faintly. "I don't intend to throw my life away, but when I do die, I want it to be because I was able to save someone worth saving..."

She paused, musing on her words before speaking again. "I have neither any remaining family nor a significant other to worry about. In addition, I think I could feel accomplished enough if my last efforts were to give someone a second chance at life."

"Originally, Itachi was the only one I thought I'd go so far for- being so young and yet his body already deteriorating so fast. But then you brought your love to me, and not only did she save you, but she was important to you, and any person precious to someone I'd feel comfortable calling a friend is precious to me." She smiled at the two before regarding Nee. "And for you...you've stuck around even when I had no way of helping you, insisting on helping me instead, when you had no obligation or reason to keep you here. No need to feel indebted. And by proxy, I'll admit you have kept me company for these past few months, and I thank you for your friendship."

Finally, Mizuki gave a soft smile and approached Manami's bedside again. "Now, let me see that eye. Embarrassing that I missed such a detail. I should be able to take that with my current injuries. Then I can work on letting them all heal and you can be out of here sooner." The medic carefully removed the bandages around Manami's eye, doing her best not to wince at the sight or thought of how unpleasant such injury must be. Eyes weren't ever pleasant to deal with. Well, it seemed clean enough, but it would still be some time before the prognosis and overall integrity of the eye (and vision) as a whole would be evident. "Good, nice and clean. Doesn't seem infected at all." She murmured, visibly pleased with the care given to the injury. "No less uncomfortable I suspect though, hm?"

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:28 am

The jovial reunion between the group of ninja had begun and though it had been an ordeal for each of them, they all came through relatively unscathed.

Manami listened with intent when Mizuki began to speak. Her own gratitude was bubbling over, so she smiled and nodded towards the Doctor as she spoke. The female medic spoke with such passion and indebtedness, she deserved the full attention of the room.
In a way, she felt somewhat guilty that she had taken Itachi from this woman. It was clear to see she had been passionately in love with him for a long while.

As Mizuki then proceeded to approach Manami, Manami took her hand- rather tightly after she had removed her bandages and made her prognosis. Looking directly into her saviours eyes and smiling once more, Manami cleared her throat and spoke clearly (For the first time since the procedure).
' Thank you for saving me and giving me a chance to live on. My eye- it isn't painful, I just can't see well... but then I feel that is rather fitting, considering the damage that Itachi has to his own eyes. You did more than I deserve.'
Manami then cast her eyes to Itachi and back to Mizuki again, her damaged eye ,moving perfectly in sync with the other.
[I]' I am glad this sight damage is not something that you have to carry with you Mizuki- I would wish it on no one... Plus, it is a reminder to me of the day Itachi was forgiven for his sins
'.

After this, Manami swung her self around and sat on the edge of her bed, her fingers gripping tightly against the sheets for support. Nee instinctively rushed to her side, in case she needed his support. However, the rest had done her well, and though she was somewhat wobbly, she managed to wrap her arms around the Doctor, as her own sign of appreciation.

Nee was both ecstatic and melancholy at the site of Itachi and Mizuki.
For one it meant his team mate was alive and well. On the other hand, it meant Manami was to leave again.

During Mizuki's speech of gratitude, Nee shifted uncomfortably at the thought she would be happy for him to leave. His kept casting his eyes towards Itachi- who looked as solemn as ever. Nee didn't actually make any movement till Manami swung herself out of bed. His statuesque posture reflection of his desire to keep his emotions hidden from the room.

Once all was settled and both women had spoken to each other, Nee took the chance to intervene with the conversation.
Manami had told him of the death of his parents and what she had done to the Mizukage whilst he cared for her- so he was not welcome back home at any rate. He also couldn't leave with his sister, as much as he wanted to(He still felt dislike towards Itachi).

Though Mizuki had told him he was free to leave, he did not want to go. To leave this new home he had made for himself would cause him great anguish.
' If I would be welcome to, I would like to stay and help take care of the patients and you.....'
He paused and then the tone of his voice changed, he became rather commanding ' You burn the candle at both ends and I would like to make sure you look after yourself in the future'.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Mizuki never got the chance to begin relieving Manami of the eye damage, interrupted instead by a determined grip on her hands that prompted her to glance up at the healing kunoichi. The older woman's eyes widened at Manami's words, pausing at her soft voice. The sentiment behind Manami's words was admittedly touching, but Mizuki hesitated to honor the request all the same.
"Are...are you sure? I won't mind." She questioned uncertainly. Looking straight into the other redhead's eyes, Mizuki faltered briefely before letting out a soft sigh of acceptance. "Very well. But the offer will always stand should the eye become too bothersome."

Thinking this the end of their conversation, Mizuki stood up to let her patient and Itachi have their space back. Manami apparently had other ideas, and for a moment, the medic felt a jolt of worry as her patient unsteadily got to her feet, looking far too precarious for Mizuki's liking. Thankfully, her need to steady the younger woman proved unnecessary, as Manami managed to keep her footing, and Nee moved to catch his sister should she stumble.

To further her surprise, Mizuki found herself wrapped in a strong, warm embrace as Manami expressed far more gratitude than Mizuki felt she deserved. A soft smile formed upon her lips, one arm returning the hug and the other gently patting the long red locks of her patient. Such a sweet girl!
No wonder Itachi liked her; Manami was clearly a determined, kind soul who empathized with the quiet Uchiha. And she was a very pretty young woman to boot. Mizuki found herself feeling glad a girl like Manami was the one to soothe and bring joy to Itachi's heart. "You're welcome...I'm just glad I was successful." She murmured softly before letting go.

Green eyes turned to look at Nee as his voice met her ears, his tone sounding almost...uncertain? Concerned? Upset? She tried to decipher the exact emotion behind his words until his voice took on a more assured, serious tone.

For a moment, Mizuki looked at the man in surprise, not expecting him to be so worried about his welcome (or percieved lack thereof) in her home. "Forgive me, I never meant to suggest you need to leave. I merely hope to emphasize that you needn't feel obligated to stick around. You are free to come and go as you please..." she assured Nee, only to stiffen slightly at his last concern. She looked about ready to deny such accusations, but she relaxed in seconds, flushing slightly in embarrassment.

"I see...well, I suppose you have a point there. Very well, if you want to stay, you are welcome to. Though I apologize in advance for causing you trouble." A slight half smile threatened to appear, only to be rudely interrupted by a low rumble in her abdomen.

Damn her body for being so embarrassingly easy to read! She felt her cheeks burn momentarily at the audible protest of her stomach.

"In any case, I suppose we all should have something to eat before it's time to turn in." Mizuki turned towards her kitchen, mapping out in her mind where everyone would sleep. "Let's see...all the spare bedding and such should be in the closet outside Nee's room..." she mused as she prepared for the evening, doing her best to move carefully and not unduly disturb her still healing body.

It had been quite some time since she last had company.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!