Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Roleplays That You'd Like to See!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Roleplays That You'd Like to See!

Tips: 1.75 INK Postby mombie on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Hello, my fellow RPers! I thought we could stimulate some interesting roleplays because I know that we certainly have the RPG favorites that are running around all of the time. However, we may have some ideas for Roleplays, but we don't know if anyone else would be interested in them, too. If you have types of RPs you would like to see, list them here. My goal is to try to get a little more diversity in our Universes. Not that there is anything wrong with Demigods, Mutants, or Supernatural stuff (I absolutely love [and am part] of all of them).

I will start with my list of goodies!!

• Western RP (my personal love)
  • Basically any kind of realistic historical RP at all
  • Adventure/Quest Style RP (non-Multiverse)
  • Videogame/MMO Fanfic RP (like Star Wars: The Old Republic, Elder Scrolls, etc.)
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.75 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Re: Roleplays That You'd Like to See!

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Well you already put 1 thing down I want to see more of, the Adventure type. It's one type of RPG I keep trying to create. The Historical one I am definitely open too also, but it does depend on the time period. This could be add to it, but I like RPGs that are culturally influenced, even if the setting is fantasy.

I want to see more RPGs in general with Anime Influence, especially in the picture category. I am not a fan of the Face Claim system for I feel it's too limiting, at least for someone as creative as me. Those that are into it, I am fine with that. I tend to really enjoy magic based RPGs.

I know this type of RPG can be controversial, but I really miss Romance RPGs that have pre-assigned pairings. There were A BUNCH of those when I first joined and they were my bread and butter. I know Romance is a common theme now.

These are the RPGs I want to see more of at least.

On a bit of a separate note, I did create a Pasted Topic awhile back for Players to list their RPG likes and dislikes though. If anyone here is interested, I would appreciate ya'll taking the time to post there too. Here's the link. I posted it in the Roleplayers Wanted Forum.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 1.25 INK Postby Joseph_Bennett on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:18 am

Yeah, that really does sound good! I've been seeing a lot of similar roleplays, and making some more diverse ones would be pretty cool! I really like the idea of a realistic historical RP, I would love to make one. Thanks for the push in the right direction, Mombie!
Yours Truly,
Joseph Bennett

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.25 INK in return for their work.

Joseph_Bennett
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 4 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Property Buyer Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Author Conversationalist Group Theory Arc Warden Storyteller Historian Person of Interest Builder Salesman Giver Greeter Inspiration Concierge

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby FreePolity on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:38 pm

I would love to see a Western RP. Provided it was more about the traveling, the scenery, survival against the elements, goals and conflicts of the group; that kind of thing. Not so much gunfights and bar brawls.

On the other hand Elder Scrolls is my favorite RPG so I would definitely be interested in that as well.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

FreePolity
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Lifegiver Author Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:29 pm

I tried making a videogame RP a couple of times, in collaboration with two different co-authors. Eventually the three of us joined forces and created what would become Ruula. ChaoticMarin, BigBenClockTower, and myself all have vastly different approaches to tone, content, and general crunchiness, but I think that's part of the reason we make such an effective team: Between the three of us, we can handle pretty much anything.

Years of hard experience since that fateful day has led me to develop this rule of thumb: If your story or setting can't survive being invaded by spacemen with laser guns, it probably shouldn't be in The Multiverse. This also applies if the players themselves refuse to allow this possibility.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:02 pm

I have roleplayed in the MMO Elder Scrolls Online, but left because of the toxic RP environment. MMO RP, overall, can be quite harsh.

I would love to start/join up a non-Multiverse Elder Scrolls adventure. It needn't be something hella crazy or grand, but a small cast of characters on some ESO-esque adventure. I've been out of ESO for a little under a year, but I remember how to roleplay in it.

As far as western RP goes, I would love to create one sometime! However, my transition online for college (five classes), plus my three children now also having distance learning, I can't seem to concentrate on a whole storyline theme thing right now.

In the future, I will probably keep that in mind!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:11 am

What I really miss are the kind of rps that where here years ago...

Nation rps where each player was a nation

Final Fantasy based rps based on the older games not the crap like 13 and 15...

And I would love a Legend of Dragoon game... But finding someone that actually knows about that game...

I do like fantasy and adventure stories but as a gamer of mostly rpg style games i like those best.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sepokku on Tue May 19, 2020 4:45 am

LawOfTheLand wrote:Years of hard experience since that fateful day has led me to develop this rule of thumb: If your story or setting can't survive being invaded by spacemen with laser guns, it probably shouldn't be in The Multiverse. This also applies if the players themselves refuse to allow this possibility.

I think thats what turns most people off to the Multiverse, and is part of the reason for this thread. It sounds like most people here want a historical fiction RP. I'm also up for a similarly wonderful trip into the past ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sepokku
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings World Builder Visual Appeal Conversationalist Person of Interest Greeter Arc Warden Property Buyer Storyteller Completionist Novelist Group Theory Helmsman Concierge Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Cult Leader Hordemaster

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanker72 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:37 am

I don't know how many people would be interested and whether an universe already exists (I thought I had seen one, but can't find it), but I'd like to play in a Touhou universe.

Tanker72
Member for 4 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy Conversationalist Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!