Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A lurker revealed.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

A lurker revealed.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darius Liberi on Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:15 pm

Hello everyone, I've been lurking/roaming this site since about 2016, but didn't quite commit to an account until just recently. I've been roleplaying multi-platform for about 10 years now, and have a large fascination for the history of Roleplay, My "project" started here, in which I try to research the history of RPF across many communities to find the best rules available in order to create what I'd like to call, "The Universal Ruleset" for Type 1 RPF. Along with this will come an extensive 'book' of sorts on the most popular traditional and modern styles of T1, T2, and T3(Storyline. The RPF styles after 2 never got very far in terms of mainstream popularity.).
What started my quest was the t1a/t1b tutorials posted by Obake here:
original-1990-tutorial-from-eden-era-t99090.html

It was interesting to me because what was elaborated on sounded very similar to the rules I was taught, so I clicked the Geocities link, which was busted. I didn't want to assume it was a fake post, but I also didn't want to have blind faith;-
So I roamed about, looking for a way to access the original post. In short, it worked. Obake was 95% correct in his post, however. He missed Xenon's introduction to his set, which in my opinion has a lot of lost information. No hostility at all toward Obake, what he posted was great and I appreciate being able to find real, original rules that are unchanged.

Here is James' Intro:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020502111 ... BIntro.htm

James' "mechanics":
https://web.archive.org/web/20020504214 ... hanics.htm

I'd like to give a special thanks to "Flaris Shuffle" (Also known as Bast) for helping me find the archive links, and introducing me to the site that'll let me 'bring back' dead sites.

Additional note; I'd like to ask the mod team if they have a way to update Obake's post with the working link, or if they'd like me to make a new post with the intro and mechanics.

Yes, I did try to kick up Eden Era again with the site that brought Xenon's rules back, but Bast let me know that the site was having difficulty bringing it back up. It might be too old, or we don't have the proper link to search it up.
I was able to get links for AC3 Metawerx as well, which Sigurd can attest to. If you guys have ANY links you want me to try and un-kill, feel free to DM me or reply to this post.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darius Liberi
Member for 5 years
Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Re: A lurker revealed.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Allaran_Darkbane on Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:53 pm

Welcome to Roleplaygateway! I am a fellow Ayeneen/Edenite from Tenaria, so I understand completely. Good luck on your mission. I sincerely hope you find your success in this endeavor. It's very nice to meet you Darius.
I serve in the darkness to protect the light.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Allaran_Darkbane
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Conversationalist Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!