Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Faceless

The Faceless

a part of “The Faceless”, a fictional universe by mombie.

The California Bureau of Investigations has been called to the sleepy town of Ferndale, California, to solve a serial killing spree that baffles the nation. They are dubbed the Faceless Murders.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Faceless”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Faceless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Fri May 01, 2020 5:33 pm

Hello!

Please just leave the 250x250 FC picture, hex #, position, and name down below. Within the rules, there is a phrase that I would like typed out below this because of things that may be extremely sensitive and possibly offensive, and that includes assumptions about gender and sexuality. I just want everyone to understand completely that none of these are my views or anyone else's.

This RP will likely start around May 15th, as to give everyone time to finish up finals, make characters, or whatever. It will also give me time to put the Evidence Room together with everything laid out thus far.

Submit a WIP CS within 48 hours. Even if it is blank. The CS sheet should be complete by May 15th. I will have the opening post done and posted before that, but the date for everyone else to post will still be May 15th.

I will try to get some CS up for you guys as soon as I create a more code-friendly version. You can obviously use your own as well.
Last edited by mombie on Sun May 03, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Re: CBI: The Faceless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Fri May 01, 2020 10:19 pm

Heyo! I have no self-control and have wanted to join an RP like this for a long time, but none of real interest have been made thus far, until now. So, here goes my reservation.

ImageImage
FC: Kristen Stewart | Name: Samantha Vasco | Age: Twenty-Five | Sexuality: Queer | Role: CBI Profiler | Hex: #8c0747 | Wolf's Bane109 |
Unlike most with her profession, Sam has never been fully open of where she came from or what her life was like before she joined the CBI. She was rather young when she passed all of the exams and courses, and seemed to get in by pure luck and determination. What she isn't willing to tell anyone, is why she joined the CBI in the first place, or more so what inspired her. A night out on the town. Too much alcohol. A sped through red light and the sound of glass and metal crunching under the weight of a speeding vehicle. Which was the first thing to take away one of her parents, as later, a home invasion would fully leave her an orphan and forced into the foster-care system. A case that was never properly looked into, nevermind swept under the rug, If the system was going to fail her, she was going to do something about it herself, and she hasn't looked back. But now in recent years with the Faceless Murders springing up, she doesn't know what to think.

EDIT:I understand that there may be offensive material involved
Last edited by Wolf's Bane109 on Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Fri May 01, 2020 10:21 pm

I had to edit my reservation as I realized I forgot an important part. XD My bad lol

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 pm

No problem, Wolf. It's just so that no one gets mad at me later for anything. Cause you know - criminal profiling and all that stereotyping can be a bit offensive to some people.

Anyway, go ahead and take the spot. I will update the front page a little bit later. :)

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Fri May 01, 2020 10:29 pm

No worries! I totally get it, some people can be easily upset by certain elements, which is entirely understandable.

Then there's me, someone, that is actually considering criminal profiling/forensic studies. So this is right up my alley of interest and topics to discuss :] Will submit the CS soon and will be making progress on it in the next few days at most. ^-^

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawfulAnnon on Sat May 02, 2020 11:56 pm

I just finished binge-watching Criminal Minds for the fifth time so this is right up my alley! I understand that there may be offensive material and am ready to write.

Emelia de Leon | CBI Profiler | #CABB28
The de Leon's are a powerful family in federal law enforcement in the United States. With a mother who's an agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a father who handles foreign policy for the Central Intelligence Agency, Emelia has some big shoes to fill. She accepted a profiler job with the California Bureau of Investigations, after she had been asked to leave training at Quantico. The case in Ferndale has given Emelia reprieve from her family's questioning of what happened. She hopes that solving the Faceless Murders will satisfy her family.

Madden Wyatt | Lab Tech | #2874A6
When most people meet Madden for the first time, they are surprised to find a giant nerd behind his gruff exterior. With parents and siblings in and out of jail for most of his childhood, it's surprising Madden was able to go to college at all. Working his way into the California Bureau of Investigations even more so. A single parent to a four-year old daughter, Madden wants nothing more than to be home from this case. Small towns bring back difficult memories, and Madden can only imagine the reaction the town's reaction to the CBI coming in.

LawfulAnnon
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sun May 03, 2020 12:59 am

Yay! Always happy to have you onboard! Also, same with the Criminal Mind binging. You're reserved! I will update things soonish.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Re: The Faceless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sun May 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Alright! I was able to sit down and get Sam done! If I need to change or add anything, feel free to let me know and I will get to it asap!

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sun May 03, 2020 6:46 pm

It's been approved, Wolf. ^.^

I will likely work on my characters right after I get this project out of the way. I have to put a voice recording over it, so it's taking a bit of time. Last project, though, so yay for that!

If this doesn't gain a lot of attention, which it may not, then we will just work with a smaller cast of characters.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sun May 03, 2020 7:20 pm

Awesome! And best of luck with this project! I know exams are a bit of a bitch for some people right now, and finals and all that fun stuff. So I hope this goes smoothly for you. :]

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Wed May 06, 2020 2:48 pm

hi! this is igniting my love for all the csi-type shows i used to watch when i was younger, i'd love to take a character. (sorry i got all extra with this, i haven't been coding in a while and got really excited.) if we still need more characters i'd be happy to take up another guy as well, just let me know. i understand there may be upsetting/offensive material in this roleplay

Image x Image
name x Isadora Argent
face claim x Lulu Antariksa
hex code x #fb9795
role x technical analyst
about x Yes, Isadora's a little young to be a technical analyst with the CBI.
xxxxxxxPlease stop asking her about it. Having skipped a grade and zipped her
xxxxxxxway through university, she's a bona fide genius. So what's she doing at
xxxxxxxthe CBI instead of Silicon Valley? To put it bluntly, it's the money.
xxxxxxxShe's clever, sure, but her abrasive attitude and terribly short patience
xxxxxxxthrew her chances at an internship. So the CBI it is. She's rude and
xxxxxxxtemperamental, but she's clever, so what can anyone say?

wild women don't get the blues but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lately i've been crying like a small child xxxxxx

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Wed May 06, 2020 4:48 pm

You're approved, Barnes. Thanks again for the interest! :) Take your time and such on characters. No rush for WIPs or anything! We may TENTATIVELY start on the 15th. :)

Glad to have you!

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon May 11, 2020 11:02 am

Just to keep everyone aware, I am going to be finishing up the evidence room and my last character by the start date.

Because I will just be going right back to school for the summer interim with two classes Tuesday-Thursday, I am choosing not to open up a Discord channel. This may be a little unorthodox these days, but I find Discord terribly distracting and I only check it to make sure I am not missing out on information from other RPs.

This does mean the every so often OOC communication via PM, but I can also be sent messages on Discord as well. I think that all of you have my Discord. I do check it daily, I just sometimes forget to respond or things like that - I just need to be yelled at every so often.

I took on the role of the Sheriff and the Medical Examiner to help with moving things along and gently guiding the rest of the cast. Also, please remember, the narrative snippets from the suspects are not IC information, they are just there because - I don't know, it adds a little bit.

There's not much more to say! This is definitely a new type of RP genre for me, so we will be figuring out the kinks as we move along.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Mon May 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Looking forward to it!! ^-^

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Thu May 14, 2020 12:00 am

This may get pushed back to Saturday or Sunday. Finals don't typically exhaust me, but my eyes are really not doing well having to take them over the computer back to back three days this week. I think that I may need a visual break from the screen after my final on Thursday and a little into Friday.

Really sorry! I didn't think that taking them online would have such a horrible effect on me, but my eyes huuuurt.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Thu May 14, 2020 12:04 am

that's okay, please take some time to rest your eyes ;; i couldn't imagine doing creative stuff so soon after finals, you're a real powerhouse

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:12 pm

I haven't been checking up on this as of late because there's been a lack of interest and it was kind of disheartening. I don't think that another player will be back anytime soon, which will open up two spots.

HOWEVER, I am still going to attempt to get this thing up and going, even if the group is small. If you'd like to take up an extra role or so, you are free to do so! I think I can work with what we have thus far. I'm going to try to see if I can finish up a few things and then get a post up, as I already have most of a post typed out in a google doc anyway.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:48 pm

Another update: I have a few people that have expressed interest in joining the cast. They may be putting their reservations in through a PM to me, which is why it doesn't seem like anyone is joining. Hopefully we can get a few more in and we can kickstart this thing.

Thank you!

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:40 pm

Hello, roleplayers!!

I am TRYING to get this show to hit the road, quite literally (dry humor). Due to a move from one location to another on my part, a couple of players leaving the site, and other things - this RP never kicked off.

I am opening it back up!

I have updated the rules and yadda yadda.

The rules for this RP will be very important to make sure that no one is hurt by the content.

Also, because of some harassment from an MMO-RPG on my old Discord, I had to delete my old account and move over to a new one. You may add me as a friend on Discord as: mombie#7604.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Tue May 04, 2021 11:38 am

hey mombie! you might have heard of my plans to return to the site from mjolnir; i'd love to participate in the remake. would it be alright for me to resubmit isadora? i'll put up a proper reservation tomorrow, but i wanted to check that her character would fit in, although i have no issues with creating an entirely new character if you think that would be better.
Last edited by barnes on Sat May 22, 2021 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

barnes
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!