Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

BloodLines *one on one*

a topic in Vampire Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: BloodLines *one on one*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 am

Listening carefully to his responses to her answers, Jennifer just offered a quiet nod as she contemplated the small glimmers of information about himself that he was offering her. She wondered whether she would get to know him any better than she did now, or whether things would stay fairly distanced between them, until it came to physical intimacy of course. Part of her hoped it would stay this way, as she remembered that this was supposed to be a no strings attached arrangement, something which was easier to adhere to when there was an element of mystery to the relationship. But she also couldn't ignore the way that they seemed to connect on some kind of level, despite being quite different themselves.

At his wet and dripping comment she giggled and went to reply before the car began to stop, Lucas announcing their arrival. Jennifer looked up at his house, her heart beating a little faster. She wondered if it would be as attractive on the inside as it was on the outside, and how out of place she may look in amongst his belongings. Silently, she followed him into the house, eyes widening as he flicked on the lights. Compared to her apartment it looked like a mansion and she couldn't help but feel that she contrasted starkly against the tasteful tidiness. She'd always considered herself to be fairly plain in every aspect of life and being inside Lucas's home seemed to highlight that. Marvelling at how tidy the hallway was, she eyed Lucas discreetly as he moved to distribute the food. She wondered what he would make of the mess and disorganisation that she lived in, trying to hold back a nervous chuckle at the thought.

Jen nodded and thanked him as he offered a tour of the house, and some of his food, quietly grabbing herself a bowl and filling it half-full with rice. She found the thought of food right now was suddenly unappealing through her nervousness, but worried about seeming rude, despite him declining most of it himself. He had bought her a meal, at her request after all. Slowly, she toyed between munching small mouthfuls and chasing the food around the bowl with her fork, managing to at least finish her share. She sat back against the chair once she'd finished, trying to catch a hold of why she suddenly felt so out of place. "You have a really nice home," she commented as her eyes darted around the room. She wondered how many of his conquests he'd brought back here and smirked at the thought. Here she was thinking that they connected, but in actual fact, he probably did this a lot with various different women.

"Do you do this a lot?" She voiced her thoughts out loud. "Bring people back here I mean?" The question came out a little sharper than Jen intended but she was just genuinely curious. "Nobody has ever invited me back to a place as nice as this before."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:27 am

Gosh Lucas wanted to put some blood into his soup. He tasted the spiciness of the soup and the warm liquid was satisfying, but other than that, he couldn't really taste the mushy vegetables in it and the crunch of others just felt wrong in his mouth. He almost excused himself to run to his freezer and the blood bags he had in there, but he didn't want her risking a taste or becoming curious as to what he was adding to the soup. Humans were very curious and though there was little in this apartment that would give him away, it was odd to have blood sitting in your freezer. He had his job as cover but why would a worker hoard blood in their house? No, it was safer if she stayed away from his freezer. He should probably invest in some hidden one just in case he did ever bring a human back here again.

At her house compliment, he smiled. "Thank you. I try to keep it neat," he mused. "I don't much like clutter. Call me OCD if you like, but I tend to just... want to clean if it is cluttered." He liked to organize, his brother liked to count things, and his mother double checked things a million times, and his father organized shapes. It was a weird quirk, but they all had something that bugged them and it was hard to ignore the compulsion to fall into your vices. There wasn't much in vampire lore that described just why they all had this strangeness.

At her question, he quirked an eyebrow at her and a teasing grin tugged at the edge of his lips. "Mmm what am I detecting here?" he teased. "A little competition?" he asked. He started to wrap up the food when it was obvious she was done eating and placed the packaged contents into the fridge for later. He hoped she took it home with her. "But no, I don't do this often. I usually just go to bars and if I find someone who wants to hook up, we go to a hotel, much like our first time," he answered. "I don't generally like people in my space." His sanctuary was his and it was a place he could just relax and be himself without conforming to anyone else's expectations. It was strange he'd brought her here, but she was fun and he didn't really have to live up to any expectations for her. They weren't in a relationship after all.

"Come on, I'll show you around," he said then and led her out of the kitchen to the modest family room. It was rather simple, a nice couch in the middle of the room, a tv along one wall on an elegant entertainment stand. The walls were lined with books and some abstract paintings. A patio waited for them through a glass door with a pool. The patio area created a fire pit embedded in the floor with cushions around it for a cozy evening but there was nothing out there; not even a grill though the backyard was manicured. The house then branched off into two large bedrooms each with their own bathrooms. He took her into the master bedroom of course. This room also was lined with libraries, an old-fashioned oak desk in the corner, a large bed with intricate headboard and silk maroon curtains draped over the windows. No pictures of friends or relatives were displayed. The bathroom itself was large; a tiled floor with a pretty pattern inscribed on it. A bathtub waited big enough for three and beside it was a walk in shower and no door. The marbling of the walls and sink finish truly made the house look like something you'd find in a magazine. It almost looked like someone didn't really live here.

Lucas opened a cupboard where towels were neatly put away and took one out for her and hung it on rack beside the shower. "There you go. Call if you need something. I'll just be in the bedroom," he mused with a smile before he left the room to sit in his desk chair and wait for her.
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 pm

"Well you'll love my place," Jennifer smiled as he described his OCD tendencies. "Maybe you could come tidy it for me one day." As this offer left her mouth though, she quickly thought better of it. She still couldn't get used to the thought of Lucas in her apartment, he looked far too polished to be somewhere that had leaky taps and rickety floorboards. At his mention of competition she shrugged, a small smile adorning her features. "Just curious," she explained, watching carefully as he packed up the food, telling her that no he didn't do this often, something which peaked her curiosity even further. Then why are you doing it with me, she questioned him in her mind, reminding herself that he'd previously described her as fun and interesting, two words she was sure most people wouldn't associate with her. As he put the packages of takeaway into the fridge, Jen noticed that he'd eaten much less than her, even though she had eaten very little. She wondered if he'd already eaten before he met her, and simply offered her a meal out of politeness. That was just a guess though and she didn't choose to question her assumption.

Upon his invitation to explore the house, she hopped down from her chair and followed him, musing at the interesting paintings on the wall and occasionally picking up an ornament to examine from the side, before carefully placing it back where she'd plucked it from.The house was breathtaking and she found herself silently wondering how someone so young had been able to afford such a place. She wondered if he'd been wildly successful early on in his life or was simply born into wealth. She knew nothing of this world and had never experienced much like this before. Jen started in humble beginnings and that is where she believed she would stay. As they wound their way up into the bathroom, Jennifer eyed the shower with a sort of childlike excitement, reaching out to grasp his wrist just before he left. "Thank you," she smiled, her hold on him lingering slightly. "For letting me use the shower, and for the tour."

Once Lucas had gone, Jennifer quietly shut the door behind her and started to run the hot water, undressing as steam slowly began to fill the room. She made a neat pile of her own clothes next to the sink and stepped into the heat, her muscles instantly relaxing as the waterfall of droplets cascaded onto her skin. For a few moments she stood still, taking in the events of the evening and thinking about what was to come. Somewhere a distant part of her tried to call out and remind her that she might feel good about this arrangement now, but tomorrow morning would be a whole different story. The self-loathing would start and she would be left with a shallow emptiness that her memories of the evening would fail to fill. The voice felt so far away however, that it was easily drowned out by the sound of tumbling water, and Jen ran gentle fingers over her face a few times, washing away the small amount of makeup that was left there.

After a good fifteen minutes or so, she stepped back out into the bathroom, turning off the shower as she went. She loosely towelled her long dark waves until they were damp rather than dripping wet and wrapped the other spare towel around herself, tucking it at the front so it stayed without her having to hold it. As she went to make her way into the bedroom, she caught sight of herself in a mirror, choosing to ignore that this was not normally how she would like to present herself to a partner she was about to sleep with. But at this point she found that she didn't mind all too much, because the excitement replaced her self-doubt momentarily.

Wandering towards the bedroom, Jennifer stopped in the doorway as she met Lucas's gaze and leant against the frame. "Hi," she breathed, batting her eyelashes at him in a manner that wasn't altogether innocent. She then made her way to the end of the bed and gently placed herself on the edge of it, looking coyly around at the decor which again, made her feel somewhat inferior, despite the confidence she was trying to portray. "Your shower is amazing," she smiled. "As is this whole place to be honest... really I'm impressed. But I couldn't help but notice that there's not much in here that gives me any indication of who you actually are."

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:30 am

Lucas himself waited and tried to be patient. Part of him wanted to go into the bathroom after her, but he reminded himself he'd offered her a shower and some space to collect herself after work. He would not invade her space right now. He could wait for a few minutes. Even if he was growing more and more excited and patient as those minutes passed. He pulled out of the jacket he wore and paced a moment before he decided it was time for some candles. He hurried to pull a few out and lit them quickly dimming the other lights in the room to set the atmosphere. He'd never done this for a partner before but he found it a bit thrilling.

He'd just sat down again when she entered the room. His eyes immediately dilated as he watched her form press against the doorframe, smelled her damn skin and the scent of her no longer masked by work. She certainly was beautiful for a human and he found himself already beginning to ache in his desire. "I am glad you enjoyed it," he murmured and watched her take a seat on the edge of his bed. Almost as if compelled, Lucas moved from his chair to sit beside her. "You're beautiful," he said softly as he leaned forward to nuzzle her jawline and throat, inhaling her scent deeply. He kind of liked her scent mingled with his soap.

At her comment, he wasn't sure what to say. "I am a minimalist," he said then as his hand lifted to caress her face and into her daman hair. The strands were cool against his fingers. "Any specific preferences tonight?" he forced himself to ask. They weren't drunk so might as well ask before he just did what he wanted.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Jennifer noticed that the mood in the bedroom had changed as she took in the candles, Lucas moving to take a seat beside her on the bed. At least he was making an effort, she noted to herself, quietly taking in his compliment. A small shiver trickled down her spine when she felt him lean towards her, and she noticed that he could make her feel beautiful with more than words, just by the gentle way that he caressed her skin. For a moment, she couldn't say anything as she felt him tracing her neck, and she leaned away from him instinctively to give him better access. Her whole being felt tingly at the thought of the rest of their evening, her mind drifting back to the first time that they had been together in anticipation. For several moments she breathed in and out steadily as her heart beat increased. No strings attached, no strings attached.

Jen could tell that the time for talking was over, and as he reached his hand towards her face, asking her what it was she wanted, she gently put her hands on his chest and pushed him backwards, so that she could see his eyes. For a long while she simply searched them with her own and wondered if he was aware of his affect on her. She considered the last time that they had been in this position and how the night was fragmented in her memory thanks to the amount of alcohol she had consumed. Usually, if she left a bar with someone, it was after one too many drinks which gave her a confidence she didn't naturally possess. It acted as a kind of barrier between them and who she actually was. But now, sat here with Lucas she felt vulnerable, her vulnerability momentarily pausing the moment between them. As she seemingly found what she was looking for in his expression though, any self doubt in Jennifer's mind slowly melted away.

"I want you to make me feel alive," she replied seriously before closing the distance between them.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:09 pm

When she initially pushed him away, Lucas thought perhaps she changed her mind and no longer wanted to do this. It would be damn disappointing and annoying, but he'd leave her alone if she requested it. He would not force himself on her. There was no joy in that. But thankfully, she didn't pull away for that reason. Her answer was exactly what he wanted to hear and he gladly accepted her kiss as her toweled body pressed against his.

The vampire was quick to disrobe them and did what she asked of him. He was far more gentle this time with her, intending their union to last. It certainly was much better than the fragmented memories of their first night and he was glad he called her. She was amazing in his arms and even without alcohol they matched their passion and endurance. She really was better than any human he'd ever entertained.

When the two were sated, he lay down beside the woman, lightly panting. He did always have a hard time 'stopping' so he found himself holding her close and kissing her throat gently in their afterglow. He didn't want their intimacy to end, but it would have to. He couldn't keep calling on her either. The others would eventually notice he had this human on his arm and he didn't want further complications in his life, but damn he enjoyed her. "I hope it was satisfactory," he purred in her ear, a smile on his lips. He knew how much she'd enjoyed herself after all.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:23 pm

As Lucas lay beside her, Jen could feel her heart hammering with contentment as her breath returned to a regular pace, letting him continue their intimacy in such a gentle way that she felt she might shatter into pieces at any moment. For a little while she lay on her back letting the adrenaline and endorphins rush around her system, competing as to which could make her feel the happiest. What she had just experienced had been everything she had hoped for and more and she marvelled at how well they seemed to fit together. She'd never had that before with anyone else. Lucas made her feel terrified and ecstatic all at once and if she could bottle how alive he had just made her feel, at her request, she was sure she would be addicted in a heartbeat.

As he murmured in her ear, Jennifer was shaken out of her stupor and she turned on her side to face him, resting her cheek on the back of her hand. "It was okay," she teased, biting her bottom lip to try and hold back the giggle that threatened to escape. She felt like she might never stop smiling. "You might have to do that again to convince me." This time she did laugh. He knew she'd enjoyed it and she knew that he had - there was no mistaking the chemistry that they had; even if Jennifer wanted to, she couldn't pretend that Lucas didn't stir something up inside of her that she never wanted to lose. She studied his beautiful features and gently brushed back the strand of hair that had fallen onto his forehead, stroking her fingers across his cheek, and then his lips before tilting her head forwards to kiss him softly. She wondered if this would become a regular thing between them and her chest lurched slightly at the thought of the two week gap that had happened between the two meetings. Jen had to remind herself as she pulled away from him that this arrangement was purely physical and there was no expectation on either side for how regularly they should meet.

A small sigh escaped between her lips then as she started to feel the glow wearing off and reality threatening to creep back into her consciousness. "I should probably go home," she breathed, turning onto her back again. She didn't want to shatter the illusion of the evening but part of her wanted to sever her enjoyment quickly, so she would simply have less time to dread it.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Lucas laughed at her words. Do it again? He was game for that. They had enjoyed each other several times before after all. "I am always game for another round," he mused against her and enjoyed the gentle touches on his face. It was nice. Her eyes didn't look at him in disgust or superiority. Even though she knew nothing about him, she looked at him as if she could see his soul laid out before her. He felt such an ease here. Once she found out what he was though, that would change, he was sure, but this was a nice pretend and it filled an ache in his heart to be seen as just another person.

At the mention of leaving, he gave her a little playful pout. He leaned forward to gently nibble her shoulder. "Leave? Already>" he asked and fluttered his own eyelashes at her in a tease, his pale hair falling forward once more. "I thought you wanted another round. You're welcome to stay the night regardless." It was safer for humans during the daylight hours, especially in this neighborhood. "I can take you home in the morning. If you do have to leave, how about we go into the shower together? I am all yours this evening." He walked his fingers up her other arm as he rested his head in the crook of neck and shoulder. "Fuck me, you smell so good." And if she left, he'd be left to deal with all his problems he didn't know how to fix yet. He didn't want that. She was doing such a fine job distracting him.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:48 am

As Lucas cuddled into her, Jennifer felt the sensible part of her thoughts telling her to get up and leave as they battled against her desperate desire to stay, the emotional part of her currently putting up the best fight. She was becoming dangerously close to succumbing to her heart, rather than listening to her head as she usually did and that was very unlike her. Jen was usually the sensible one who indulged in reckless behaviour as a rare treat, but right now she felt like throwing caution to the wind. If it wasn't for those damned strings that kept creeping into the forefront of her mind, she would have taken Lucas up on his offers in a heartbeat. As he nuzzled into her neck, tracing the skin on her arm she welcomed the warmth and exhaled involuntarily. "You can't keep saying things like that to me," she breathed with a small smile, leaning in to him so that their faces were just inches apart. This time her hand traced the back of his neck, stroking small circles just at the base and around his shoulders. "You have no idea how you're making me feel."

Needless to say, Jennifer was completely and blissfully unaware of who Lucas truly was - how could she ever know? Would she behave differently if she knew? Of course she would. Ultimately she was laid in bed with someone who could end her life in a second. But then why did she feel so safe? She studied Lucas for what felt like an age, not saying anything as she let her thoughts run amok. Decision, decisions. Should she stay and allow herself to feel the best she had ever felt, or did she leave and snip the strings that she felt starting to attach themselves to her. Jen was aware that this was only the second time she had met Lucas, and really, she knew nothing about him. But the way he made her feel was unrivalled by anything else she had ever experienced and that, she thought, was allowing some kind of bond to form between them, whether either of them wanted it or not.

She thought slowly about his offer for her to stay the night, and the idea of them showering together. The idea gave her goosebumps and she had to bite her lip to stop from smirking. "Hmm, how about I take a shower alone and then I call a cab to take me home?" She was teasing him, but she tried to act innocently, as though this was exactly what she intended to do. "That is what I should do," she murmured, reaching forwards to place a small kiss just next to his mouth. "But it's not what I want to do. Can you convince me to stay?"

Just once more she bargained with herself, and then she would let sensible Jennifer win.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:56 am

Lucas watched as she tried to decide what she would do. He wondered what she was thinking, what rationalization she was giving herself. By the night she was beautiful. She is human, he reminded himself. He could not have her, not forever. He would live longer and she would wither and die. Even if it were possible, his people would never allow it. A mingling of humans and vampires would water down the blood and weaken the future vampires until maybe one day, there would no longer be vampires. No, they'd rather cut off both their heads before allowing any vampire and human pair. He nearly scoffed at himself. Where the hell was he getting these ideas anyway? He did not love this human. She was just a mystery, a conquest. She was damn good in bed and he wanted to milk it.

But it seemed he was making the woman fall for him with his charm. She said so herself. He was making her feel things for him. Humans often fell in love fast and he'd seen that many humans did not treat their partners well. It was natural for her to unravel for him. He would have to be careful. He did not want a love-sick human complicated everything. He offered her a smile as she ran circles over his skin and asked him to convince her to stay. "My pleasure," he cooed as he kissed her again, intent on making her his once more.

In the morning, Lucas lay against Jen, their bodies still entangled from their night of pleasure. With the blinds closed this time, no annoying sun was trying to slowly cook him alive and he remained asleep and content. Jen was warm against him and he had no care in the world. He was at peace. And he hadn't realized quite how tired he was. He was out cold and it would take a bit to wake him, even with how sensitive his hearing was.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:05 pm

Jennifer's plan to leave early on in the evening didn't quite run as smoothly as she had hoped, as she had fallen asleep beside Lucas, tired from something that was so far away from her usual routine. It had happened so quickly and all at once, her feeling of contentment lulling her into unconsciousness like a gentle lullaby. She awoke early morning, somewhat disorientated as she blinked her eyes open to reveal a strange bedroom and a soft warmth against her skin. Slowly, she tried to rub the sleep from her eyes and found that the events of the night came rushing back to her in a heartbeat as she momentarily relived some of the exhilaration she had felt just a few hours before. However, as she began to realise that she had involuntarily stayed the night, Jen felt a slight sinking feeling in her stomach as her usual self-doubt started to edge it's way into her new found consciousness. Silently, she slipped from the bed, trying to be extra careful not to disturb Lucas who stayed soundly asleep as she crept into the bathroom, trying to find her clothes. As she carefully dressed herself, regularly checking to ensure she had not woken him, Jen's thoughts flicked back to some of the things she remembered that she had said in the heat of the moment. A little sliver of embarrassment flushed up her chest; did she regret the whole evening? Of course not, but she found that she was starting to regret the impact she had let it have upon her. Part of her felt scared by this alien feeling of connection and she found that the more dominant part of her, now that the glow of the evening had worn off, wanted to run, run back into the numb normality that she was so accustomed to.

Once she was fully dressed, she tiptoed her way past the bed, stopping to take a small peek at Lucas who looked almost child-like in his unconsciousness. Should she leave a note or at least some money for the food, she questioned herself internally, momentarily remembering how gentle and attentive he had been with her. The little voice at the back of her mind reminded her however, that this was just part of their agreement, he used her and she used him. She didn't owe him anything. With a small sigh, she left the bedroom without looking back and quietly picked up her bag that she had left in the kitchen, slipping through the front door and clicking it shut behind her. The gentle dawn light illuminated her path down the front steps and she welcomed the fresh morning air that was sharp against her cheeks. She felt as though she could breathe again now that she was out of the confines of the house and as she ordered an Uber on her phone she leaned against the garden wall in quiet contemplation.

As much as she had enjoyed their evening together, Jennifer was trying to convince herself that the sensible thing to do was to make this the last time that she met Lucas. She couldn't continue with their arrangement in the way that she wanted to, the feeling of actually feeling something was too addictive, and alien in a way that frightened her. If she couldn't trust herself around Lucas then she shouldn't be around him at all. She thought back to how they had met that first night and remembered that they held a mutual friend. Would Lucas speak to Dante about her? Would he disclose the details of their meeting? Would Dante spread it around the office? She shuddered at the thought, trying not to let her panic takeover. She usually got like this after something positive had happened to her, it was like she didn't quite know how to process it, instead deesperately searching for the negative that she was so used to. It was a stark contrast to how she had felt just hours before.

As what felt like an age passed before her taxi finally arrived, Jen found that she continued to check the front of the house, worrying about Lucas finding her gone before she had chance to leave. But then would he really care? Probably not - it was easier for both of them if she just left.

The ride home felt endless to her as the cab drove through the city, people just beginning to wake up for the day ahead. Jen idly listened to the chatty driver who was telling her all about his family who lived out in a neighbourhood she hadn't heard of and mumbled vague replies to give him the idea that she was taking in his stories. She rested her head against the window for most of the way, glad that it was a Saturday so she didn't have to become presentable again until at least 8pm when her next shift started. Eventually they arrived at her building and she thanked the driver, before taking the stairs to her flat, pausing a moment at the front door to take in the contrast of her reality and the dream she had just come from. Part of her welcomed the familiarity, but another part of her that she was trying so hard to resist craved the excitement that she now lacked. After a long shower and a cup of black coffee later she found her thoughts building to a confusing crescendo and pulled on her running gear, phone and attached earphones in hand, before heading out to the park that was just around the corner. On her way to the entrance gates, she accepted a leaflet from a teenage boy who stood on the corner of her street, glancing down at it's contents and taking in the advertisement for a blood drive that was starting at 10am at her local bank. Jen vaguely took in this information with an intention to attend later on if she remembered, before crumpling the shiny paper and throwing it into the nearest bin. As she entered the park, she placed her earphones in her ears, turned the volume to her music up loud and set off, hoping this would quell the storm of thoughts charging around her mind, for at least the duration of the run.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:09 pm

Lucas had been mildly aware through the whole ordeal. He was a vampire after all. He may be sound asleep but his senses alerted him to the fact that the human was moving. He could have awoken, but why? It was obvious she wanted to leave. She was just a sex partner and neither one of them were in a relationship. And he wanted to continue to sleep. Though he was used to rising during the day, he still loathed the idea of waking up early. A quick glance to the clock confirmed it was far too early to even consider sliding his ass an inch out bed. So, he relaxed against his pillows as he was lulled in and out of sleep.

It was hours later, when his alarm clock across the room rang, that he got out of bed. He groaned is annoyance as he slid out of bed to shut the blasted things off. He looked around a bit blurry eyed before he ran a hand through his hair and went about getting ready for his day. He wondered briefly what his human friend was up to, but otherwise he pushed their spontaneous bit of romance out of his mind. It was just another day on the routine grind. He made it to his shift at the Raven Wing Blood Bank.

He should have felt more at home among other vampires, but he kept his distance aside from the cordial 'hello'. He hurried to the back to set his things down and pull on his lab coat and gather his supplies.

"Oh, hello, Lucas," a voice called.

Lucas looked up and he did his best not to immediately snarl. Instead, he smiled and gave a bow. "Good morning Sire Corren. It is an unexpected pleasure."

"Mmm, I am sure it is," The coven head answered, a smirk on his lips. A superior light entered the older vampire's green eyes. He strolled forward and circled Lucas as his eyes roamed, as if judging a horse he'd just bought. He did so enjoy reminding Lucas of his place in their coven. "Congratulations are in order. Your mother submitted her marriage proposal for you and I find the match most agreeable. She would suit you well," he man mocked.

Lucas clenched his jaw. He had no doubt Corren was the one who'd agreed to it only if Lucas gave up his name. He couldn't believe his mother would go along with it. Maybe Corren had given her an ultimatum that made her so eager for this. He couldn't fathom why she'd push so hard otherwise. What did Corren say to her? Had he threatened their lives even further? Why hadn't she told him?

"Thank you, Sire. I am humbled by your generosity."

"As you should be. Kneel," Corren commanded as he stopped in front of Lucas. Lucas did as he was asked. "I think it is time for you to pay a little tribute."

"My blood and body are yours," he Lucas answered. Lucas moved his head to the side, his heart hammering in his chest. It was easy for a vampire to rip another's throat out. He hated being this vulnerable to a man he hated. He closed his eyes as Corren leaned down and sank his fangs into Lucas's throat. A vampire could make his bite a pleasurable one, or painful. Corren of course opted for the latter and Lucas gave a wince. After several swallows, the vampire pulled away and wiped at the slight smudge at the corner of his lips. Lucas felt a bead of blood slide towards his collar but refused to shrug. "Good, as always, Lucas. Get to work," the man practically sang as he moved away. When Corren was out of sight, Lucas quickly wiped the blood before it stained, his wound already healing. He sighed before he put a smile on his face and went to his station where he would start accepting blood donations.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:31 am

Coming to a gradual stop just as she was beginning to break a sweat, Jennifer checked the time on her phone after completing her tenth lap of the park. Her cheeks were flushed from her warm skin meeting the cold morning air and her heart was pumping from the exertion, but her mind felt much better. The thoughts that were previously causing chaos in her head had calmed considerably and she felt that her decision making abilities had returned to normal, no longer influenced mostly by just her heart rather than her head as well. Absently, she considered that she had ran the ten laps faster than yesterday which was another improvement, as she sat down on one of the park benches and took a few mouthfuls from the bottle of water she had been carrying with her. It was a lovely day, she observed as the presence of people was becoming more profound the later in the day that it became.

Once Jennifer had cooled down, she considered returning home to change but remembered the leaflet she had been handed before her run. She knew that the bank was nearer to where she was now so it made no sense for her to go home first. Jen checked her phone again, acknowledging the five missed calls and texts from Mia who was desperate to hear all about where Jen had gotten to last night and she sighed as she thought ahead to their shift. Mia wasn't the kind of person to give up until she knew every last detail, but Jen was convinced at this point that she simply didn't want to talk about it.

Around ten minutes later, she was pushing open the entrance door to the Raven Wing Blood Bank. She looked somewhat out of place in her running leggings and jacket, her flyaway hair tied back into a ponytail as she sat on one of the plastic blue chairs in the waiting area, filling in the necessary forms. A member of staff handed her some water to finish before she was called for a health check. This didn't take long and once completed, Jen was taken through to a second waiting area, where she sat patiently taking in her surroundings, completely oblivious to the fact that she was surrounded by vampires. Of course there was no way that she could know and she simply believed that she was doing something good, a good deed that might remedy her behaviour from the night before. Or at least it would ease some of her own conscience. Jen stretched languidly in her chair as her eyes tracked an important looking older gentleman as he wandered through the waiting area, seemingly eyeing the people who sat there. His striking eyes met her own and she dropped her gaze almost immediately so as not to appear as though she was staring. As he continued past, he was shortly followed by a woman who called Jennifer's name and asked her to accompany her to a station. As they rounded the corner, Jen searched the room blankly, before glimpsing who it was they were heading towards.

"Oh fuck," she murmured to herself softly, her eyes immediately falling to the floor as soon as she had spotted Lucas in a lab coat. What was he doing here? Did he work here? Surely not. This was maybe one of the last places she would have expected him to be, although she wasn't altogether sure why. Maybe it was the home she had visited last night - she expected people who lived in those kind of places to work in an important office in the city or maybe he was simply from a wealthy family? She could feel her mouth turning dry as she considered that she really didn't know anything about him, and smacked her lips to moisturise them. Usually Jennifer was fairly confident in herself, any nervousness she felt could be masked by her self-deprecating attitude but right now she was internally panicking, simply because of the unexpectedness of it all. After her run she had decided quite matter of factly that she would not see Lucas again. Nothing good could come of their arrangement. Yet here he was was standing in front of her. She just hoped desperately that she might be taken to a different station, but of course this was not to be the case.

"Here you go," the lady smiled, handing some forms to Lucas before leaving them alone. Jennifer eventually forced herself to look up from the floor long enough to make eye contact with him and let a meek sounding hi escape her lips.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Lucas finished setting up his station with his mobile tray with various needles, bandages, swabs and Iv drips. He made sure to wipe things down for the start of his shift and his nose twitched at the smell of the alcohol. By the time he was done for the day, he was only going to smell the alcohol. But, it was needed. He didn't want to contaminated anything or make any human sick. He took his job seriously and would do what needed to be done to protect the humans and the work that was done.

He looked up as one of the other phlebotomist handed him a clip with his first donor's information. He didn't look up right away as he read over the demographics. He read the name 'Jennifer' but he didn't know his Jenn's last name so he didn't immediately recognize it until her scent hit him. His eyes widened in surprise and he looked up to see Jenn standing beside the bed he'd just prepared. Well this was surprising. He never saw her as a donor, but then again, he didn't know about her. Why shouldn't she be a donor?

"Well, good morning, Jennifer," he smiled. He was putting a professional front, but his eyes sparkled with the mirth of the situation. "My name is Lucas Revarn. Thank you for coming in for the blood drive! We appreciate your time and donation. Please, take a seat and we'll get started. I'll take very good care of you" he mused as his eyes dropped back down to the paper in front of him and started to read the information quickly and determining where he'd have to organize her blood and if there were medications or conditions he needed to be aware off. "You look a bit flushed, my dear. Did you have any vigorous exercise before coming in today, a hearty breakfast? Got to make sure you are in perfect shape for the donation. Don't want you fainting on us now, do we? How about any drugs or medications? Illnesses? Conditions are confidential and will not be shared without your consent, as you read in the confidentiality agreement before coming to see me," said as he sat down beside her.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:12 am

Watching the mild surprise play out across Lucas's features, Jennifer herself dropped her own gaze, top teeth nibbling away at her bottom lip. She felt like she wanted the ground to swallow her up, before mentally giving herself a shake. Why was she letting this man have such an affect on her? She barely knew him. At his greeting however, she stopped, eyes narrowing now as she detected some kind of amusement in his expression, a contrast to the words that he was speaking. He didn't really acknowledge that they knew each other already and Jennifer wondered if this was out of some kind of shame on his side or was he simply trying to maintain professionalism? Either way, she silently did as she was told, one eyebrow quirked slightly as he informed her that he would take very good care of her. I'm sure you will, she thought to herself glumly, glancing at the plastic clock on the wall, willing the hands to tick by a little faster.

As Lucas continued with his speech, Jen felt increasingly miffed by the whole charade and found that she was watching his expression with a frown evident on her features. She didn't really understand what she wanted from him, she had walked out on him this morning after all, but she wondered if he really was ashamed of knowing her and that was why he was behaving as though they'd only just met. Part of her, the irrational part wanted to bother him a little; he was always so cool and collected, she wondered if there was anyway that she could get under his skin as much as he seemed to get under hers. She wasn't really into game playing, but at the same time she thought a bit of teasing wouldn't go amiss. "Well, I did last night, come to think of it," she replied thoughtfully, meeting his gaze with the sparkle of a challenge in her eyes, as she responded to to his question about vigorous exercise. "And yes, this morning as well. No breakfast. I had to leave in a rush so I didn't really have time." Jennifer hadn't really thought through her trip to the blood bank, she had simply seen it as an opportunity for a further distraction, something else to fill her time. She had donated blood before though without eating and it had been always been fine so she presumed it would be the same this time. Her head cocked to the side slightly as she answered the rest of his questions easily, before she glanced sideways at the forms he had in front of him. Jen felt her heart skip a little at the idea of Lucas knowing so much about her. Her full name now, Jennifer Reid, and not to mention her address. Not that he would want to know these things, she thought, but the idea of it being so readily available to him made her feel a little antsy.

Distracting her momentarily, Jennifer noticed some movement across the room and spotted the older looking gentleman from earlier. She watched him for a few moments before moving her gaze back to Lucas. "Who is that man?" She asked. She didn't know why but something about him made her feel uneasy, maybe it was because he had an air of importance about him that usually came with someone who had a lot of wealth behind them. Jen often felt inferior when conversing with such people. He looked out of place in such a clinical setting she observed and she wondered if he was some kind of manager. "Is he your boss? I wonder if he knows just how good you are at taking care of your patients."

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:19 am

Lucas couldn't help the grin that graced his lips at her comment of last night's rather rigorous events. "I see," he answered. "I am going to prick your finger real quick to check on blood sugar," he informed as he washed his hands and pulled on his gloves. He took her hand gently before pricking the index finger and turning away. He could tell the levels just from the sent of it, but he couldn't advertise that so he went through the motions of actually testing the blood. Considering she'd been doing a bit of exercise and hadn't had food, it would be unwise to get her donation right away. She needed to rest and get some sugar in her. That means she got to stay here a little bit longer. This would make things a little more interesting though he couldn't stay by her side the whole time. He had other people he needed to set up as well.

"One second," he said before he left her side and brought back some juice and cookies. "Since you didn't eat this morning and you did exercise before coming in, I can't draw your blood just yet. We need to get your levels back up so you don't faint later," he advised. "Just lay back and in a couple of minutes, I'll come back and we'll get you all hooked up.

At her question however, he looked up and his eyes immediately fell on Corren. He bristled lightly and tried to not to seem phased. He so hated when that man decided he wanted to come and visit the bank. He was over everyone's shoulder and made everyone nervous as hell. Corren also gave the humans the nervous ticks. He had the heir of a predator on the hunt. And that was exactly what he was, but it wasn't for the humans. Corren was checking his followers, ensuring they remembered what house they were part of. Covens were no longer tight-knit. They didn't live together and it was harder for a coven head to throw their weight around. This was their common ground. He was probably telling everyone that their tribute had come due. Asshole. Nothing like a reminder to disturb one's work and day.

"Corren Ivanic. He is the owner of the Blood Bank," Lucas answered. "He is not a man you want to trifle with," he warned. "Stay away from him. He does not take any slight well." He turned his gaze back to her and gave a strained smile. "I know you're joking but I want to caution you. Please do not act like we are friend or that we know each other around him. He is vindictive and I do not want him to cause trouble for either of us. Now, I do have to go assist someone else before I bring too much attention," he murmured. "I'll return in a bit." he hated to have to caution her, but it was what it was. If he showed he favored her, Corren would tear her apart and then destroy anything shred of Lucas's credibility or worse. Lucas rushed away to continue his work.

After 20 minutes or so, Lucas returned with a friend smile. "Alright, you should be good to go now, my dear. I have been told I have the best hands in the business," he said with a wink. "I need your arm please." He washed up and put on a new pair of gloves before he took her arm, swabbed her with alcohol, patted her arm and tied the elastic on her upper arm. "I will make sure it is gentle, no pain," he murmured softly as he prepped the needle. His eyes narrowed as he identified the vein he needed and within seconds, he slid the needle in and blood began to drip into the collection bag. "See? No pain. You need anything while you wait?" he asked.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:46 pm

Staying silent throughout most of the preparation, Jennifer simply watched Lucas as he worked, trying to figure out why he was keeping up this strange facade of not knowing her. Her attempt to bother him didn't really work and she exhaled in exasperation, giving in to the idea that he must be ashamed of her and that was why he was feigning his politeness throughout the entire appointment. He didn't want his work colleagues to know about their little arrangement and who could blame him really. Of course the reality of why he was putting on this show didn't occur to Jen at any point - how could it? As he brought her some snacks, she didn't say anything to him and kept her gaze on the floor, struggling to take in the food and drink that he had offered her. But she did eventually, simply because she knew that she should, feeling somewhat like a child who had been told off for not eating their breakfast. Once Lucas had returned to her side again, she noticed that her question about the man over the other side of the room seemed to rile him and she watched as he struggled to control what he was saying.

"Wow, what did you do to him? Screw his daughter or something?" Jen smirked, although this expression fell away once she realised the seriousness in his warning. Lucas's explanation was odd, and she couldn't help but feel a little hurt when he asked her to pretend as though she didn't know him, as it would cause undeniable trouble for the both of them if they were caught. She hadn't realised that she could cause him so much bother as his words fed a doubt that was already growing in her mind.

"I didn't realise I was such a problem to you," Jen murmured under her breath, watching as he moved fluidly around the other donors. Whilst she waited for him to return for a third time, Jennifer thought about Lucas's warning and felt it quite out of character. He didn't seem like someone who could let another person him phase him that much and she wondered absently what this older man had over him, and whether it was best for her to stay away from the whole thing completely. She was curious but she wasn't stupid, she could tell that this Corren was bad news. He held himself in such a way that suggested this might be the case and she didn't feel much like finding out if what Lucas had said was true.

When Lucas eventually did come back to her, gently taking her arm and starting the donation, Jen silently marvelled at his softness and wondered if he was using the Corren explanation as an excuse to distance himself, his previous comment about not wanting to attract attention to their arrangement flitting through her mind. She sighed softly as her pre-run confusion seemed to return all at once and she felt herself itching to get back out into the fresh air. When Lucas asked her if she needed anything she simply responded with a very quiet, "No, thank you. Just... You know if you want to stop this arrangement you should just say. I don't want to inconvenience you." As Jen remembered where they were however she stopped herself. This was where Lucas worked and now was maybe not the time for this discussion, if this was going to be a discussion at all. Maybe he would simply agree and then it would all be over.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Lucas found he didn't know what to say to this human. Inconvenience him? Bother him? If it was a bother he wouldn't have called her in the first place. At first when she had said it, he paid no mind to it. He had thought she was being sarcastic. Now that he was sitting by her again, he could see the slightly dejected appearance she now had as she lay there with the IV in her arms. Had he offended her? It hadn't been his intention. He had merely wanted to warn her so she wouldn't find herself in a situation she couldn't back out of.

Lucas glanced around him and watched as Corren left the room. He gave a small sound of relief before giving the girl his attention again. Should he explain something? He didn't owe her anything. He should break it of. Though she was fun, she was still human, and he was betrothed. Not that that arrangement meant anything. Maybe... maybe he could say something. Lucas found he didn't want her to think that he found her annoying or a inconvenience.

"Jen, this has nothing to do about me being bothered. If I was, I wouldn't have called you in the first place. Things in my personal life are... complicated. I don't want to drag you into my politics and chaos. It's not worth it. I just want to keep it simple. You're not a problem. This has nothing to do with you. I like you. You're fun and I enjoy your company. I don't mind our arrangement, but I must remind you it is temporary. No strings attached. If that is something you don't like, then you need to tell me now, and I won't call you again."

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:15 am

Jennifer listened carefully to Lucas as he seemed to visibly relax once Corren had left the room. Everything he was saying was correct of course, he had been upfront with her at the start of this arrangement and it was her who was overcomplicating things. She had mistaken his explanation about Corren to mean something that it didn't because she was letting her own insecurities feed into their arrangement. She felt a little flush of embarrassment as she dragged her gaze away from the floor to meet his, having momentarily allowed her vulnerability to show. How pathetic she must sound to him, after all, this was only the third time that they had spent any time together and here she was allowing her unrealistic expectations to get the better of her. Her own emotions around this whole scenario had surprised her and she wondered if she needed that feeling of being wanted that Lucas provided, more than she had ever thought that she would.

"Lucas... Look, you're right. I'm sorry. This whole situation is completely new to me and I don't really know how I am supposed to feel or act. My life is usually so ridiculously boring that anything different takes me some time to adjust to. People don't usually enjoy my company so I'm finding it difficult to understand why you do. Other than for being really good in bed, of course," she smirked then, glancing at the blood which was still seeping from her arm. And that right there, her last sentence was at the centre of it all she realised. Nobody had ever really taken much of an interest in her before and she was seeing this as something that it wasn't. He enjoyed spending time with her, but for the physicality of their meetings. She was hoping that it might in part, be because they connected on some kind of emotional level but she was foolish to hope for that and it was unfair of her to put that on him. He said it himself, he didn't want to involve her in his personal affairs and absently she wondered what he meant by his politics and chaos but refrained from asking, as as she now knew, this wasn't her place.

As Lucas reminded her that their arrangement was temporary and she needed to tell him if for any reason they should stop it, she found that she couldn't look at him for a little while. There was some kind of internal battle going on inside her. If this was going to continue, she needed to stop searching for something that she wouldn't get from him. She needed to turn off her feelings again and treat this as what it was. No strings attached. And she could do that. Being numb to things was somewhat of a speciality to her; she just needed to squash the little light of hope that had unfairly started to awaken something inside of her that she hadn't previously thought she was capable of.

"I don't want this to stop. No strings attached right?" Jen smiled sadly. "You know if you weren't so damn good at one night stands, this wouldn't be a problem," she joked as an attempt to hide how she really felt towards it all. She had ultimately decided that seeing Lucas was better than not seeing him at all, but she had to ensure that she wouldn't let her feelings run away with themselves again. He was a distraction to her from the mundane realities of everyday life but that was it. Thinking this way was certainly no mean feat for a human and Jennifer wondered idly how she was going to make it work. She just needed to regain her grasp on reality, which shouldn't be too difficult, should it?

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:22 am

He gave her a sad smile in return. She was starting to have feelings for him, wasn't she? Humans seemed to fall in love fast and he'd managed to treat her well enough that it had only taken their two meetings for her to start developing the warm feelings. It made him feel bad. He should have never called her last night. It would only get worse if they continued to see each other. At the same time though, he'd been upfront about his desires. He didn't trick her into his bed. Why shouldn't he take advantage until he couldn't any longer?

"Well I am glad you enjoyed my company. And though you may not understand why I enjoy your company, I do. You make me smile." And it was true. She was innocent and yet.. not. She was able to pull his mind away from things and let him pretend everything was simpler. "i hate to dash on an important convo, but I do have to see to the others. Excuse me," he said then before he hurried away.

It was 30 minutes later before he returned. "Alright my dear, let's check you out and see how you did," he mused with a smile before going to the IV bag. "Perfect. You're all done." He hurried to her side then and once gloved, quickly pulled the needle out and placed the gauze and band aide on her arm to stop the bleeding. He checked off few things on his board and placed the label on the IV before putting it on the tray for the technicians to pick up. "alright, you are all set. Ready to go lay down and recoup?" he asked and extended his arm to her.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!