Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Sometimes I draw things

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Sometimes I draw things

Tips: 4.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:05 pm

I've been a hobby artist for a long enough time. Mostly I started because I wanted to draw my own characters out for roleplaying, aha, and it just kind of carried over through the years. By now, I hate drawing my own characters. They never turn out the way I want so I've turned to drawing other people's OCs. Below are some of my most recent works. If you notice that they're all busts, congrats. I do busts almost exclusively. Sometimes art is about what I want to do more than what I should do....like expand my artistic range. Still! The show must go on and I'll shut up now.

Anyways, if I'm bored I like to take on some free requests so if you have something in mind and like my stuff, give me a PM. Note that these currently are my best pieces IMO. Enjoy!

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 4.00 INK in return for their work.

Alastairim
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: Sometimes I draw things

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyrDaan on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:54 pm

These are pretty darn good! I only wish I could do this much. I think I'll take you up on that offer sometime. Have you considered drawing up some stock npcs?

Also, yes, you should definitely continue growing your artistic range. These would look good full bodied.
The dead march down upon our doors. Will you fight for your lives and those of your neighbor, or will you march with them? The Last Winter of Deadman's March

If you're looking for a city full of corruption, fear and supernatural come join Bridgeport: Home of the Disturbed

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CyrDaan
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ragdoll on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:31 am

Awesome stuff! Self taught? Btw, I'm in love with the style.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Ragdoll
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Promethean World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Alastairim on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:26 pm

The Ragdoll wrote:Awesome stuff! Self taught? Btw, I'm in love with the style.

Thanks :) And yeah aha. I took one art class in grade 9 but that was mostly 'here's a paper, pencil, clay, paint...etc. go make something I can grade'. It's been a great relaxing hobby for me as I went through uni and, well, daily life. Sometimes I wish I had gone to art school but I don't ever 'practice' so, probably would have been pretty bad in the long run aha.

Actually, here's my latest piece that I'm proud of, aha. Finished like two days ago for a contest in a fan group I'm in

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Alastairim
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ragdoll on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Cool! Hope you win!

The Ragdoll
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Promethean World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Honestly speaking, those paintings are quite good but they could be better. I'm not personally a big fan of such painting. If the edges/lines on your images were a little smoother, it would grant a better mark :) .

Mustafa
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HazelFlame on Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:28 am

Your drawings are awesome, and I really like the style! I would love to see some more artwork from you!
It's better to fall and learn from your mistakes that never fall and not learn

HazelFlame
Member for 4 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!