Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gravity Falls: Awakening

a part of “Gravity Falls: Awakening”, a fictional universe by Wolf's Bane109.

[ALL SPOTS TAKEN] Twenty years after a brutal murder has taken place in a small, rural town, a group of estranged old childhood friends are called back home to face old demons they once thought were long forgotten...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gravity Falls: Awakening”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:48 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Gravity Falls: Awakening"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Re: Gravity Falls: Awakening

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:56 am

Hello everybody!! Welcome to this RP! This is an idea I've wanted to do for a while, and after having been in a lot of mystery, wtf is going on kind of RP's in the past, only to see them never really lift off, I've decided to make my own.

If you've fully read the intro page, welcome once more! I can't wait to see who shows interest and what kind of characters ya'll bring to the table! I left the spots rather vague, allowing for full writer creativety to run free with this one. While the general roles are the cliche architypes we see in most stories, I do want to see some uniqueness and originality thrown in.

Is your character the used to be popular kid? If so, what made them such back in the school years? Are they still considered to be popular now that 20 years have passed? If so, explain why. if not, explain in a brief summary their possible downfall, or their journey all together. Is your character the High School Bully? if so, what caused them to spiral to become a bully in the first place? Were they always an asshole? If so, explain why. If not, explain what caused them to become that person. Are they still the same old bully now? No? Please explain. And the same goes for any and all of the characters.

If this gets more traction than current spots, feel free to throw up a spot that's not currently posted on the front page. Create an entirely new role and spot, explaining why your character(s) is the way that they are. I want so see what kind of creative things ya'll can come up with!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll get to answering them as soon as I can! Thanks!

-Wolf

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:57 am

Hello, my darling! Just wanted to swing by and submit a reservation for The Outcast, if that's cool?

Image Image
Elliot Fox | 26 | Bisexual | #202136 | Josh Ramsay | (partially-stars)

Everyone handled their trauma differently. Or in some cases, they didn't process it at all. Elliot tried burying it, tried being the bright, shiny child he had been all along. That didn't last; the bullies saw to that. But he still tried burying it, tried pretending that it had never happened. The result was, he became known as "the weird kid." Somehow, he managed to graduate high school, shocking everyone. However, shortly after that, he was hospitalised for an extended period of time, and rumours flew around about what had actually happened. He left town shortly after to follow his dreams; but something is calling him home.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:08 am

Always welcome to have you on board, hun! I'll update the front page with his info very soon!! :D

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:18 am

Hello, Wolfie! I'd like to make a reservation, if that's alright. <3 I suck at writing short descriptions but hope this works. If not, please don't hesitate to say so.

ImageImage

Mohammed Anderson | 27 | Closeted Homosexual | #96AE6E | Avan Jogia | Funny Valentine

Mohammed was a transfer student in the ninth grade but quickly rose up the ranks because of how well he mixed in with the popular crowd. It wasn't an easy feat but Mohammed being Mohammed, just went with the flow like he does everything else. By the time he was a senior, he became the king bee and ruled with a certain dominance that made hardly anyone like him. By the time he graduated, people were still a bit hesitant of him until that faithful night. Many made a pact with him that they weren't there and neither was he, of course, he was. He left the town of Gravity Falls but always found his way coming back to a town he resided for only four years.

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EsmeBheart on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:53 am

The Theorist

Image ImageImage
Wednesday Jones | Non-Binary | 25 | Pansexual | #D16120 | MicaÊla Verrelien | EsmeBHeart

Unlike most Wednesday love growing up in gravity falls, they would spend hours researching the oddities and the paranormal around the town. Although Wednesday had a strange side they weren't bullied all too much, at least to their face. When Sam died Wednesday broke pouring everything they could into solving mysteries around town, and even any they could find on the internet. They became obsessed with finding the answers to the unknown. As you would guess they never left town, especially not after the death of Sam. Wednesday now works as a part-time employee at the Mystery Shack alongside Eden while working full time on the mystery of town.

EsmeBheart
Member for 3 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Author Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:22 pm

i'd like to reserve the jock, please! also the tell tale heart is the best piece of horror literature dont @ me

Image ImageImage
Isla Serrano | 27 | bisexual | #9E555D | ZiÃŗn Moreno | (phosphene)

Isla was always a strangely secretive child. It was hard for her to make friends, she never knew how to act, always seemed to be stuck between what she wanted and who she was supposed to be. Sam's death affected her, obviously, and she started to throw herself more into the sports her father wanted her to play, finally becoming the child he wanted. This left her with less and less time to spend with her childhood friends, though she tried not to shut them out of her life. She left town right after graduation, quickly blossoming into the young woman she is today. She never thought she'd step foot back in Gravity Falls, but her parents needed help keeping the family restaurant afloat, so she's reluctantly returning, knowing she's coming home looking like a completely different person than when she left.
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:42 pm

Oh! I was aiming for The Popular Kid, by the way. Just realized that I didn't put that down as my reservation.

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:42 pm

@Everyone, The reservations look great so far! If anyone wants to be able to make another character, feel free to just throw up an unlisted role with your second reservation. I do want there to be a that nine member friend group, but if anyone wants to like, bring in a 'Golden Boy/Girl' role or even a god damn 'scientiest' or whatever have you, feel free to do so! Just about any sort of 'role' or character archtype is fully welcome!!

@FunnyValentine, And I have sent you a PM regarding your reservation!

@Phosphene, I see no lie with that statement. Tell Tale Heart is easily one of my favorite Edgar Allen Poe stories, so like....No lies detected whatsoever.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:27 am

Oooh, I might snag an unlisted role then. Also I don't think I mentioned first time around, but one of my favourite thrillers has got to be the British crime thriller, Line Of Duty. It's so good and had me on the edge of my seat during my first watchthrough.

ImageImage
Heaven Conrad | 24 | Pansexual | #ebb13a | Hayley Williams | (partially-stars)

Eva, as she prefers to be known, has spent her whole life in the shadow of her family's legacy. Her father and mother own and run some of the biggest companies on the West Coast. But Eva's never been the business type. She went to college to study English and Journalism, and has been all but cut off by her family in the intervening years as she made it clear that she did not want to be a part of the family and their ideals any more. She knows that, perhaps, if she made a name for herself as a respectable journalist, they might take her back. Which is why she instead began working on a podcast investigating the strange goings on of a town in Maine.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:41 am

@partially-stars, she looks great!! I'll update her to the front page shortly!!!
And I've actually never heard of that one before! I'll have to check it out sometime!! :D

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:02 pm

Well, here is me shooting my shot with my new free time and a love for odd small towns. (Also I don't have any fave thrillers because I'm a baby and get scared easily unless I'm writing it??? weird huh?)

Could I please reserve the nerd?

ImageImage

Venus (Vi) Matthews | 25 | Bisexual | #519cc2 | Halsey | Caille

Vi grew up in a colorless and lonely world. At every turn, there was a note on the fridge saying her parents wouldn't be home for dinner and it only became a habit as she got older. Vi strived in the oddities of the town as it made her feel she could be more of herself. Vi grew up learning the ins and outs of board games that led to her love of tabletop games and eventually cosplaying. Her life has been a series of faces trying to reach escapism.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Oh hell yeah, dude! More than happy to have you here! I'll reserve that spot immediately! Funnily enough, my original FC choice was Halsey, then I chose against it. Glad I made that decision XD Halsey is a perfect FC to use for the Nerd role.

Happy to have you on board, man!!

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EsmeBheart on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:23 pm

The Prima-Donna

Image ImageImage
Benjamin Falls | 25 | Homosexual | #E8A3A4 | Bretman Rock| EsmeBHeart

Benji was pretty much born with a silver spoon in his mouth, living in a lavish house, having everything at his fingertips, and never having to face the consequences of his actions. I guess things come easy when your the descendant of one of the town's founders. I mean who was gonna put him in his place when he is part of one the most wealthy families in gravity falls and could ruin your life. Born in the spotlight it wasn't shocking when he craved the limelight, his one true friend growing up was the theater. He wanted to be the best at it and unlike most things he worked as hard as he could to succeed. Benji ended up leaving gravity falls to pursue a job in the theater, He was making a name for himself but ended up coming back home recently as his father grew ill. Leaving his job, his boyfriend, and the part of him that started to become a kinder person in New York. Back on his old stomping grounds, Benji is ready to make waves in this small town. Whether you wanna call him a Prima-Donna, a bitch, a gossip, a drama queen he has enough money to not care.

EsmeBheart
Member for 3 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Author Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:17 pm

@EsmeBHeart, I have added him to the front page!! Looks great!!

@everyone, I have decided to take on another role as well. Trying to even up the gender/sex ratio a bit.

The Detective

Image ImageImage

Mason Cartwright | 27 | Homosexual | #800000 | Andrew Garfield| (Wolf's Bane109)

Mason hadn't grown up in Gravity Falls, but a town over. He grew up just as any other child out there, with hopes and dreams. But, he didn't know what he wanted exactly, or who he was supposed to be. Growing up in the home he did, being himself was anything but accepted. So when he was outed by his parents finding him with a boy, he was kicked out, but not before having a few lasting scars that still ache to this day. He was dedicated to being able to help others, and originally went into CPS, but after seeing just how bad some crimes were, he decided to join law-enforcement and not soon after climbed the ranks of becoming a detective. He was looking at cases when he stumbled upon the cold case file of a child named Sam Mathers, and after some digging, he remembered it was a case back in Gravity Falls. With no set direction, he accepted to take on the case of the murder that happened when he was a child himself, and he's dedicated to finding out the truth of what happened that night...

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:21 pm

Also, I realized I didn't state this publically here in the OOC thread. But by sometime around Midnight on Monday, so technically the 26th/27th, I'll be closing Open Reservations. Meaning anyone else wanting to join will be turned away. Anyone else who's already submitted a character or has one already accepted will be able to make and reserve as many spots as they wish. But anyone else wanting to join after the 26th will be rejected.

**BUT**, I can make an exception. Depending on the concept of the character, if a reservation is submitted in passed the due date, then I will take it into consideration and will most likely accept the reservation. But that's not 100% concrete. But with the cast we already have, it's shaping up to look like we'll be condensing the core friend-group from being 9 members, to some lower number.

So, if you'd like to send in a reservation, please be swift with it. Even if it's just telling me you're interested, but not sure which role. I'll still mark you down as reserved and you'll be able to submit a character sheet.

If there's any further questions or concerns, or whatever else have you, feel free to either PM me or post it in the OOC. I'll get back to it as soon as I am able.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:40 pm

The De Facto Leader
ImageImage
Miles Stevens | 27 | Heterosexual | #6C021B | Grant Gustin | (Caille)

Miles was a natural-born leader the moment he hit grade school. He was reckless enough to be okay being the first to try something new or go off into the unknown. He was good at listening to what others wanted and standing up for them when they felt they didn't have a voice. Then there was Sam, Sam made him feel weak in the knees at such a young age and he had the biggest crush on her. After her death he channeled all his time and energy into musical theatre, protecting his friends, and when he got older antidepressants.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:08 pm

okay here's another reservation because i have no self control

Image Image
Ashir Rahman | 28 | pansexual | #3C5148 | Riz Ahmed | (phosphene)

Ashir's put his entire heart and soul into his art, and after a particularly unfruitful residency in Vermont where he felt like he'd lost touch, he decided to take a little road trip before heading back home. While driving through a particularly scenic part of Maine, his car broke down. With no cell signal, he walked the few miles into town, found a place to stay the night. That night, he had the most vivid, bizarre dream of his life, and woke up to create one of the first pieces of art he'd felt truly proud of in ages. So he just stayed, making more and more abstract art by the day.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!