Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Always up for new rp buddies!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Always up for new rp buddies!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koyume on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Hey there! If you're still looking for RP partners, I'm open to do so. I play both males and females, though I will admit I am a bit more confident playing females. I am interested in your ideas, particularly the mythical creature x human/hunter, or the test subject x scientist. Would you be interested in discussing ideas?

Also, I saw the word 'selkie' and was like, "Yes. Selkies. 10/10." That said, we don't have to do something with selkies if you're not in the mood, haha. I just happen to think selkies are the best mythical creature.
I don’t know which option you should choose. I could never advise you on that… No matter what kind of wisdom dictates you the option you pick, no one will be able to tell if it’s right or wrong until you arrive to some sort of outcome from your choice.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Koyume
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Stealth!

I would love to Rp with you- If you are still up for it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:34 am

Another shameless thread bump! In between jobs atm, so I got free time for a bit
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:36 am

Hmmmmm, well, my interest thread is always valid, but for more specific situations/prompts...

A hunter/photographer/ mythical enthusiast/scientist stumbles upon a creature of supposed myth (selkie, mermaid, naga, etc) only to find it is injured. But what does one do with a supposedly non-existent creature? Show it off to the world for fame and recognition? Keep it as a pet? Try to study it? Keep it as a freak show and have people pay to see it? Try to hunt more down?

In a land where dragons exist, such creatures used to have riders and those who could bond with them. Nowadays, riders and dragons are feared and often hunted. Only a few remain, and one young orphaned man inadvertently stumbles upon a dragon egg and it hatches for him. During his ventures and trials of caring for himself as well as his new companion, he eventually has to find a mentor and thus becomes one of the remaining dragon rider's apprentice. (Dragons and riders are playable main characters)

A plague or mysterious darkness is lingering outside a once prosperous town or kingdom. Gypsies or nomadic folk are often blamed.
A gypsy ends up somehow crossing paths with, angering, or causing trouble for a noble who is bored of their strict lifestyle. What else could go wrong?

An archeologist gets trapped in an underground crypt when exploring old persian tombs. They release a trapped djinni from an enchanted ring/vase/etc during their searches.
OR
Shah's (eldest) son/daughter is just trying to deal with the fights for succession, court drama, and arranged marriage and disagreements with family and ends up in possesion of a very irritable djinni trapped in a ring/lamp/etc.

A half demon/ monster/ etc befriended a human years ago, and was welcomed by their family and grew up with them. The village of that family is burned to the ground and decimated by a violent pack of demons/monsters. The demon was not at home, and returns towards the end of the carnage.
Meanwhile, their friend managed to survive (hidden away or told to run by family, ex) both assume the other is dead.
Human friend hunts demons/monsters, and ultimately vows revenge on the pack that wiped out their village. Demon is alone and a wanderer. The two run into each other near a site recently crawling with monsters. They don't recognize each other at first, and the human remembers first. But they somehow figure out their friend from long ago is part demon/monster. Misunderstandings and tension ensue.

I got more, but here's a start ^-^;

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:52 am

Any takers? Any suggestions?

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:06 pm

my interest thread is always valid, (see page 1)
but for more specific situations/prompts...

A hunter/photographer/ mythical enthusiast/scientist stumbles upon a creature of supposed myth (selkie, mermaid, naga, etc) only to find it is injured. But what does one [i]do[/] with a supposedly non-existent creature? Show it off to the world for fame and recognition? Keep it as a pet? Try to study it? Keep it as a freak show and have people pay to see it? Try to hunt more down?

In a land where dragons exist, such creatures used to have riders and those who could bond with them. Nowadays, riders and dragons are feared and often hunted. Only a few remain, and one young orphaned man inadvertently stumbles upon a dragon egg and it hatches for him. During his ventures and trials of caring for himself as well as his new companion, he eventually has to find a mentor and thus becomes one of the remaining dragon rider's apprentice. (Dragons and riders are playable main characters)

A plague or mysterious darkness is lingering outside a once prosperous town or kingdom. Gypsies or nomadic folk are often blamed.
A gypsy ends up somehow crossing paths with, angering, or causing trouble for a noble who is bored of their strict lifestyle. What else could go wrong?

An archeologist gets trapped in an underground crypt when exploring old persian tombs. They release a trapped djinni from an enchanted ring/vase/etc during their searches.
OR
Shah's (eldest) son/daughter is just trying to deal with the fights for succession, court drama, and arranged marriage and disagreements with family and ends up in possesion of a very irritable djinni trapped in a ring/lamp/etc.

A half demon/ monster/ etc befriended a human years ago, and was welcomed by their family and grew up with them. The village of that family is burned to the ground and decimated by a violent pack of demons/monsters. The demon was not at home, and returns towards the end of the carnage.
Meanwhile, their friend managed to survive (hidden away or told to run by family, ex) both assume the other is dead.
Human friend hunts demons/monsters, and ultimately vows revenge on the pack that wiped out their village. Demon is alone and a wanderer. The two run into each other near a site recently crawling with monsters. One or both don't recognize each other at first, and the human remembers first. But they somehow figure out their friend from long ago is part demon/monster. Misunderstandings and tension ensue.

A lonely, bored demon wants a friend. What will happen to a poor, unsuspecting human he finds to his liking?

A shy, quirky new fan meets their newfoud celebrity interest/ idol (rock star, movie star, some famous celebrity) who is in many ways the opposite: party person, flirt, flamboyant, drinker, etc. But who is this person new to their fanbase who /doesn't/ seem to be desperately seeking their attention?

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Bippidy boppidy bump!

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Hey there Stealth!

Your monster/supernatural prompts look awesome, I'd definitely be interested in the one with the dijinni or the monster hunter one sometime.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:59 pm

Another loose idea that I thought of to add to list:

Noble (human or otherwise) decides despite servants and other company, is bored. They wander to the slave markets one day and on a whim, and purchase someone. But they don't need any servants or slaves, they subconciously just want someone as company. Someone not motivated by their status, someone not just employed by them.***

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Bippity boppity bump!

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:01 pm

I have a craving!!!!!!!!

Inquire within!

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:55 pm

To the bump, to the bump, to the bump bump bump!

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby stealthpanther on Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:34 pm

I have a craving!!!!!

Feel free to message me, I'm always open to discussing a potential rp.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:17 pm

I'm baaaaaack!

Anyone up for an rp? Name your poison!

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:48 pm

Ello fellow roleplayers!

Anyone looking for an rp buddy?

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:07 pm

I am a literate, female rper. I work full time, but do try to be online as often as possible.

I can play male or female characters. I can do 1x1 or small group roleplays.

Apologies in advance for the chaotic mess that is my interest thread. It refused to behave itself, and I am not eager to unravel the jumble it has morphed into.

That being said, rest assured I will be listing types of characters, plot ideas (both bare basic and somewhat thought out), my personal rules, and just about anything I can think that you'd wish to know before considering me for an rp buddy.

I am pretty much open to any ideas, but some type of ideas I have based on protagonists /main characters/ major interacting pairs include:

ORIGINAL

Gypsy x Noble **

or

Thief x Prince or Princess **

Arranged marriage NOT seen as acceptable for at least 1 of the two involved***

Kiddnapper x Victim ((kidnapper could just be kidnapper for whatever reason, or lonely human/demon/vampire/etc that wants companionship and so picks a friend)) ****

Mythical Creature (selkie, werewolf, etc)) x Hunter/human ******

dragon tamer/trainer/etc x dragon

Pirate ((male or female)) x prisoner/citizen of targeted town/etc ****

Demon x Human/demon hunter **

Human (fisherman, cruise line worker, scientist, photographer, whatever) x Mermaid ***

Test Subject x Scientist/ other test subject/outsider ****

djinni x Sultan or Sultan's son or Sultan's daughter **** (I love to play a djinni)) ((btw djinni=genie)

Pharoah or Pharoah's son or Pharoah's daughter x guard /servant ***

Assasin x target

new/rising star x shy/quirky new fan ****

ANIME:
Akatsuki [from Naruto]

Yu Yu Hakusho

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~NOTE~

I do have some ideas for plot-ish or main ideas/prompts depending on what type of rp chosen. (applies to most of ideas above)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~NOTE~
the more *'s you see, the more I want to do/ more ideas I have for that particular setting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RULES:

No rp that's just romance. I admit romance is nice- gives me feels. BUT- romance alone does not an rp make! I am all for adventure, mystery, humor, conflict, plot twists, etc. Let's mix and match genres and ideas.

Speaking of romance...if there is any, there is to be absolutely no love at first sight bullcrap.

No Mary-sue's or Gary-stu's. I know sometimes we inadvertently make a little too perfect/cool characters. I have done it in the past. But please, no perfect- badass- epic -everyone loves me/wants to be me - no weaknesses -no fears - always one step ahead/ knows everything characters.

Literacy-please be literate

Please no real life photos/face claims. Anything else is fine, paintings, portraits, anime, comic, digital doll, whatever.

No lemon- no graphic adult scenes basically, despite being an adult myself. ((Some limeyness may be permissible though))

BASICALLY

I will not write out any smut scenes, at least not in any detail. I fade to black and time skip after stuff gets steamy.
Teasing, flirting, kissing, mentions of/ references to sex, suggestive talk and gestures, nudity, and the like are all ok. But due to personal reasons, I no longer go into detail or actually fully write out R rated scenes.

I'm open to most ideas!

Other than that, feel free to suggest ideas or ask for a rp buddy.

Ideas/Prompts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MC is a young noblewoman who, despite liking her life and her family, cannot bear the idea of being arranged into a loveless marriage. A marriage for political reasons/convenience/etc is something she dreads. So, with a heavy heart and a determination to change her fate, she runs away from home and disguises herself as a man (using her brother's old clothes, no less)

She doesn't want to be caught, and realizes she needs to leave not just her city, but actually get entirely out of her home territory. So she tries (and eventually succeeds) in joining a pirate/merchant ship, nomadic tribe, travelling troupe, etc. (We can discuss possibilities of course)
After befriending them, she feels particularly close to a man in the group. Eventually, she develops feelings for him, but has been living as a man the entire time. Now what is she to do? And, how long can she keep her secret?*****

A hunter/photographer/ mythical enthusiast/scientist stumbles upon a creature of supposed myth (selkie, mermaid, naga, etc) only to find it is injured. But what does one do with a supposedly non-existent creature? Show it off to the world for fame and recognition? Keep it as a pet? Try to study it? Keep it as a freak show and have people pay to see it? Try to hunt more down?*****

An archeologist gets trapped in an underground crypt when exploring old persian tombs. They release a trapped djinni from an enchanted ring/vase/etc during their searches.****

OR
An aspiring magician/illusionist comes to be in possesion of a djinni vessel (bought it as an antique, bid on a storage unit of a recently deceased magician, found, etc). Surely this will make their path to fame a cakewalk once they realize magic is, in fact, real!

OR

Shah's (eldest) son/daughter is just trying to deal with the fights for succession, court drama, and arranged marriage and disagreements with family and ends up in possesion of a very irritable djinni trapped in a ring/lamp/etc.**

Human friend hunts demons/monsters, and ultimately vows revenge on the pack that wiped out their village. Demon is alone and a wanderer. The two run into each other near a site recently crawling with monsters. One or both don't recognize each other at first, and the human remembers first. But they somehow figure out their friend from long ago is part demon/monster. Misunderstandings and tension ensue.

A lonely, bored demon wants a friend. What will happen to a poor, unsuspecting human he finds to his liking?**

A shy, quirky new fan meets their newfoud celebrity interest/ idol (rock star, movie star, some famous celebrity) who is in many ways the opposite: party person, flirt, flamboyant, drinker, etc. But who is this person new to their fanbase who /doesn't/ seem to be desperately seeking their attention?***

Noble (human or otherwise) decides despite servants and other company, is bored. They wander to the slave markets one day and on a whim, and purchase someone. But they don't need any servants or slaves, they subconciously just want someone as company. Someone not motivated by their status, someone not just employed by them.***

Test subject/ android/cyborg escapes a top secret lab and takes up shelter in the nearest home they find. The occupant obviously now finds they have unexpected and clueless company. Surely such first meetings can't be *that* bad? This poor test subject just wants to be left well enough alone. But who will teach them to survive the real world?

A (dangerous) mythical creature (harpy, mermaid/siren, faerie, naga, etc) is among the leading/ruling/ strongest of their tribe/local population, and have been being hunted in greater numbers as of late. Outraged and determined to make an example, the creature comes to snag an important human (a famed hunter, prince/ruling body, etc) and whisk them away to their lair. But what if things don't go quite as planned?
-Could be a clueless, pampered royal (this variation was pretty funny when I did it once, actually)
-Could be a grumpy hunter just as stubborn as the creature
-Could both have vendettas of some sort

-(like all rp ideas) open to discussion & your ideas

I got more, but here's a start ^-^;

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!