Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Players wanted for modern, realistic RP

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Players wanted for modern, realistic RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blast on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:56 am

An acquaintance of mine, Jon Catalan, is starting up another World at War "series", for want of a better term, wherein countries duel with one another, and while it has traditionally been open only to NationStates players, I'm certain he won't mind "outsiders" joining, particularly if they're good. The setting is one that has evolved over several years, and so uses a few...unique rules, namely the usage of NationStates accounts' population and economy ratings, although I'm quite sure something can be worked out if you're genuinely interested. It is, however, modern-day and realistic, minus only a couple of suspension-of-belief rules that I explained earlier, meaning no silly claims of STONEHENGE LOL or ARKBIRD LOL. Under the established tradition, the only claims of new technology that are accepted have in the past been the "NS designs" which are firmly rooted in science.

If you're interested, contact him at the thread. The link also has the currently-claimed countries.
Last edited by Blast on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blast
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Players wanted for modern, realistic RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .dot on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:13 am

Informtion.

Lets see atleast a few more paragraphs of information about the plot. Then wile your at it please make a list of what you don't want to be happing/ what weapons and races. Then make a profile sheet, this will allow you to look at a member as say is they can stay or go.

.Dot

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

.dot
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Players wanted for modern, realistic RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blast on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:31 am

Again, as I maintain over and over, here and at my "home" forums, the statblock is not a truly effective means of weeding out lazy or stupid people. It is appealing initially but ultimately a failure: what is effective, on the other hand, is a full prose format. However, this is all moot, as there are no entry requirements and no forms. It is standard practice for many people to fill out "factbooks" later, on the dedicated forum that will be set up, but that is more tradition than hard and fast law.

If I need to go into any more detail about what is "modern" or "realistic", you really ought to consider staying away from the damn thing altogether.

The "plot" as you call it is mass destruction and lulz. It is nothing but what the players will make it, and it has worked for...thirteen W@W RPs now, I believe.

Blast
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!