Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Cyber Revenge for Cyber Terrorists

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Cyber Revenge for Cyber Terrorists

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:08 pm

Aboard The Gilgamesh, all was quiet, the mechanics had nothing to work on, and were going back to their computers to check e-mail, news, and the like; but like all space-oriented systems, no new informaiton could be read, so some reverted to gaming websites to ease their boredom. Boris was playing Scrabble halfheartedly when Hal came up to check on him.

"Hey Boris, whatcha doin' there?"

"Not much, just playing Scrabble with some guy on L1"

"You winning?

"Almost, this guy busted me with 'Moderato' "

"Well, you're good with words, better than I am anyway, why aren't you winning?"

"He knows all these little tricks to up his score, look, he just put "virus" on top of my "pike" to make "virus" and "spike". "

"So why is the other one blinking?"

The letter tiles making up the word "spike" started flashing slowly. Next, a small window with a picture of a laughing skull came up.

"Boris... does that usually happen?"

"Oh no... IT'S A SPIKE!!"

Boris began typing furiously at the keyboard, he had to block this before it got too far into Gilgamesh's system! After a few seconds, he realized that this thing was too well encrypted to be blocked. There was only one thing left to do.

Almost flying from his chair. He bolted past his fellow mechanics, who were wondering about the laughing skull on their computers, and intered the area for the central processor. Wrenching open the cover, he began pulling out databoards as quickly as he could. There was no telling how far the spike had gotten into the system... Hopefully it hadn't gotten into the ship registry, otherwise everyone and their mother would be out hunting The Gilgamesh.

Yanking out the last datacard, Boris fell in a heap among the other ones, The full impact of this scare settled in on him. Everyone would have to isolate their systems and check each datacard for signs of infection, then they'd have to reorganize the information to make sure the computers were all back to normal.

It was going to be long couple of hours...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:10 pm

Hours later, Boris sat at his terminal with a datacard placed in the port. The Gilgamesh was now filled with the clacking of keyboards and frustrated muttering as the mechanics and techs went through their piles of datacards, clearing all traces of the spike from their information. Boris, who had been the one to let in the spike, had gotten loaded with the pile of discs that had been data-fried because of the spike.

This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, through careful unraveling of the spike's anatomy, he could see the brilliant complexity of it. Who had made this? Certainly no Scrabble-loving teen with too much time on his hands, this was a professional job.

"Guys, stay calm, but we have some big power signatures just barely within our scanners..."

Hal, who had just cleaned and reinstalled the Gilgamesh's tracking system, stood poised over his station.

"They're definately looking for something, their patterns are gridlike and full. Now... we don't have weapons systems ready... so if we don't show aggression... they probably won't show us any..."

"Hal, what if they know what we did?"

"If they do, our goose is cooked. We don't have weapons, and our shell will only protect us for so long. Just work as fast as you can to get everything cleaned up. We need to get Gilgamesh up and running before Ess and Zach get back."

"Just play it cool, guys, and hope our luck holds up."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:32 pm

A Team of three Space Leo's stayed just outside of the ship's scanners as best as they could. Only one of them, Han Richards was not a rookie pilot.

Han - Placing me with two kids...uhg...how embarasing...

One of the other Leo pilots, Eota Mars, was getting images of the Gilgamesh.

Eota - Lt. Richards, I've got the images of the ship, sir.

Han - Good work, Ensign. Rynolds, have you gathered all the data yet!

The other Leo pilot, Base Rynolds, was in the process of gathering all the data he could on the Gilgamesh.

Base - I'm in the process of it now, Sir.

Han grumbled to himself.

Han - Hurry it up, Kid! We don't need to take so much time! We're under specific orders from Kiyoshi, himself!

Eota and Base smiled to themselves. Being new recruits they were quickly giving the rank of Ensign when the threat of a Gundam attack had been issued. To know that the mission they were on was given to them from the leader of L3 made them feel proud.

Suddenly, a warning ripped through the silence. Han sat at attention and glared.

Han - Damn! They've detected us. Be ready to attack, and hurry up with that data, Rynolds!

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:25 am

The box-shaped ship floated serenenly through space. Inside was a completely different story.

"Boris, how are you coming on the weapons systems?"

"I'm doing my best, Hal, how're YOU doing on the scrambler?"

"I'm working on it! Those ships must know that we've detected them though, they've changed their flight patterns. It's scary."

"You're scary..."

The tension in the ship was escalating. Hal and Boris alone were taught with nerves. Their world of computers had been shattered, leaving them in the grim reality that they were defenseless if they chose to attack.

"Hal, I've got the comm systems back, should I install them?"

A young woman leaned back in the chair, holding up a datacard.

A sudden thought struck Hal.

"Yeah! Thanks Marilyn!"

A few minutes later, Boris and Hal sat on opposite ends of the ship.

"Heeeeeey... Booooris... how's the party on your end?"

"H- Hal? What you doing? Why you not here?"

"Cause I'm not totally WASTED! Ha ha hic ha!"

"Who's that giggling in the back there?"

"It's Marilyn! She can parties real good when she's drunk!"

"Your mom!"

Boris and Hal cut off the comms, hopefully their ruse would work... If they could pull off that this was a college party-ship, then everything should be okay... that is if the Leos were tracking comm traffic...

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:38 am

Han sat with his hands gripping the controls to his Leo.

Han - Damn Earth Bastards...what are they planning? If they were going to attack us they'd done blown us out of the cosmos...

Eota started scanning the comm. traffic and picked up a signal.

"...ot totally WASTED! Ha ha hic ha!"

"Who's that giggling in the back there?"

"It's Marilyn! She can parties real good when she's drunk!"

"Your mom!"

Eota blinked a few times and then turned his Leo to look at Han's.

Eota - Lt. Richards! I think I have comm. traffic coming from the ship...I don't think they're the threat we're supposed to be looking for...I'll send you what I just recorded.

Han sat back and listened to the incomplete message Eota had recorded. Han smirked.

Han - Not very good at playing drunk, are you guys?

Eota - What sir?

Han - Nothing...Esign Rynolds, do you have the data on the ship yet?

A beep signaled in Base's Leo. Base smiled.

Base - Yes, sir. I got all the data that we could.

Han smiled to himself.

Han - You want to play a game of trickery? So, can we...

Han made sure that his next comm. signal could be picked up on all channels.

Han - This is Lt. Han Richards, the ship in our sector appears to be some kind of College party boat...let's pull out and keep looking.

Han's Leo pulled back a little with a small burst of it's thrusters and then turned and flew away at it's top speed. Eota and Base followed soon after. Han looked back at the Gilgamesh and glared as he switched his comm. signal back to his dedicated channel.

Han - Why are they trying to trick us? Something is up...

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:16 am

The tension within the ship relaxed. The Leos were heading away.

"Boris, I finished up the weapons systems. Should I install them?"

"No... not yet... if they're scanning us, we don't want them to notice any online weapons."

"How long should we wait before installing them?"

"Let's wait until Ess and Zach return..."

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!