Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Ghalerion

Out of Character

a part of “Ghalerion”, a fictional universe by Kouketsu.

Kouketsu's epic.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ghalerion”.
Description Pending

Re: Out of Character

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:34 pm

Awesome. I jsut created a character, and I think she can work since you have several different races that dont fit in to the main races on here. ^_^ I'll post her bio in a little while once I finish working on it. She is an amnesiac so it will fit in really well she can learn more as I learn more about Ghalerion.
Really? ...... Oh? ..... Yeah. ..... Uh huh ....... Su-ure ......
Yeah....ya, I'm not really listening to you right now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

datenshi_snow
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:16 pm

Jader wrote:We would love to have you Datenshi. Currently the RP taking place in Harborym Valley is at a standstill because of the absence of one of our prominent RPers and the creator of Ghalerion, Kouketsu.

However, if you want to create a character specifically for the RP, feel free to create him or her in the Profiles section of the forum and then link us here in the OOC thread. I will review your character and hopefully our fearless leader will return. >_>

What was that about a fearless leader?

You guys'll just have to give me a little bit more time. If you all can make it back 'round to posting consistently, I'll put in just as much effort to do the same. I've just got to settle many things down first and get all my priorities worked out. And also, to anyone whom it concerns, I have gotten all your messages or emails and will be replying as I get the chance. Busy busy student here you know. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Okie dokie, here it is, and welcome back, fearless leader. ^_^

ceras-elspeth-t3166.html

Hope it is good. It is harder than I thought to make a profile for an amnesiac character, I'm used to making two and three page long pros. -_-/

datenshi_snow
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sensha on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:01 am

Oh snap! Kou has made an appearance! Thats my cue to post something >_> Welcome to the rp, btw, datenshi!

Sensha
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:20 pm

Loved the profile, datenshi. Looks like there's an awful lot to work with there, which is really really good, because we need quite a bit of that at the moment. ^^

But that point aside, as I'm rather short on time here, I just wanted to say that if someone can manage to write up the up-to-date summaries on what has happened in the Harborym thread thus far (For the summaries section of the Ghalerion Introduction thread, so newcomers don't have to pour through pages and pages of text to catch up), I will love that person forever. Pleeeeeease. =)

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:14 pm

Thanks, I'm really glad you like it. I have my work cut out with me with Ceras, but I can't wait to use her. ^_^

datenshi_snow
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sensha on Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:18 am

I'd do it but I'm terrible at remembering all that stuff...not to mention I have a tendency to skim posts when I dun feel like reading ^_^'

Sensha
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:26 am

I can't post until Marten posts, and I don't have any free time at all to write the summary. SOMEONE VOLUNTEER!

Jader
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:01 am

When I get off from work today I'll start writing a summary. I'll try to have it up by Monday night.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:15 pm

Edge saves the day! HURRAH! Thanks man. Now we just need to get Marten back here and we can get this show on the road again.

Jader
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sensha on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:13 pm

Its funny how it always seems to rotate on who we have to wait on. XD

Sensha
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:50 pm

Well, my character is currently being carted around by one of Marten's character. He is also unconscious. There's not much I can do. D:

Jader
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sensha on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:22 am

and mines waiting to bump into a few of our hairy friends >_> So I'm just ever so slightly stuck

Sensha
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RemƦus on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:26 am

Someone go find Marten. In the meantime! Would it fit in the story if you guys were to start alternate characters, in alternate places?
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

RemƦus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sensha on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:00 pm

I haven't the faintest of ideas >_>

Sensha
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:21 am

Well, at the moment I'm brain dead. I'm currently using a cyborg with my brain digitized into it. But I'm going to work on my post RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Don't expect anything epic though because it's 1:20 in the morning and I've been lacking in the sleep category lately.

Oh and Sensha, that noise Von referred to was in reference to your post, meaning he heard you and your master and is now heading towards you guys, so try to be a bit you know, so PM me so we can discuss how this'll work out, or you can just speak with me in on IRC.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:26 pm

Oni- Redo your post. Gent was moved several posts prior to yours.

Don't EVER touch another player's characters without permission.

If I see it again, I will not be pleased and will request to have you removed from the roleplay.

I'm tired of you not reading through posts. This is not the first time you've not read through posts.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:57 pm

First off, shut the hell up. Secondly, calm the fuck down. Third off I never gave you permission to have your little girly priests lay a hand on Von, but instead I sucked it up and just went with the flow instead of bitching and moaning. I'm also not the one who time traveled way off into the future, leaving my character without even the chance to choose whether or not he wanted to go back into Haborym Valley and look for his friends or go with Gent to the temple on that mountain.

So far I've been auto'd several times in this role play and I've only bitched about one of them because it was actually worth complaining about. Secondly, I took the time to read through every single Haborym Valley post just to confirm your suspicions about my not reading into things. The only mistake I made was the fact that Gent was on Von's shoulders, which I genuinely thought he was otherwise I wouldn't have done it to begin with.

I'm also going to address some points you threw at me now that we're on the topic of misreading posts. First off I kept going with the old man thing, because you never once made the slightest effort to show me that he wasn't an old man, and portraying him as one in a role play in which he clearly isn't is by far the most idiotic thing I've ever seen a person do. Secondly, I'm tired of you referring to Von as a criminal, thief, scoundrel, etc because he clearly isn't any of those. He's an asshole, that's all there is to it, I'm sick and tired of everyone making assumptions about my character. I made a fucking profile for him before the damn RP even began. How about reading it?

I'm willing to edit the post inspite of you throwing a hissy fit at me, but only under the following conditions. Explain exactly what's going on, so I don't fuck up again, apologize for screaming at me in the thread and delete the post as well, so it doesn't get in the way, without throwing a single arguement towards me since your rude comments sparked this entire thing to begin with.

If you can't do that, then you'll be receiving absolutely no effort whatsoever to edit that post, and I'll just make you do it yourself using your moderator powers.

Oh, and by the way, don't threaten me with any attempts at removal because that's just plain immature, and quite frankly you have no clue how vital my character is in this particular role play, especially with Jader's inability to post due to lack of Marten's presence and the fact that Kouketsu is in college is seriously destroying his ability to make posts. So if you want to ruin this role play go right on ahead, I'm sure everyone will love to see it happen. (Sarcasm.)

In all honesty, I didn't want to have to go this far, but I don't let anyone get away with questioning my abilities while sounding not knowing what the hell they're talking about to beginw with. Also if you take the time to read through everything in Harborym Valley, you'll notice a few posts were actually deleted somehow which could also be what has been the cause for such confusion.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:07 pm

First off, shut the hell up. Secondly, calm the fuck down. Third off I never gave you permission to have your little girly priests lay a hand on Von, but instead I sucked it up and just went with the flow instead of bitching and moaning. I'm also not the one who time traveled way off into the future, leaving my character without even the chance to choose whether or not he wanted to go back into Haborym Valley and look for his friends or go with Gent to the temple on that mountain.

Ah two corrections there. One. You did allow for my ā€œgirlyā€ priests to lay hands on your character. Remember that dual post? I told you upfront what was going to happen. You could have complained when we were PMing back and forth and I would have changed it then. You could have requested for the priests to lay the hands off. If you didnā€™t understand what dual posting was, why didnā€™t you ask? Did you not ask because you were going to feel stupid? Asking for information is never stupid. It implies a lack of exposure to something that is new to you.

Second. Yeah- I left you with the chance to come with Gent.

Remember this line?

ā€œVon, you have a choice now.ā€ Gent said clearly, pulling his Fox mask back in place. ā€œYou can come with me to the Temple Estate, where I have been summoned by the head of my Order- or you can go free now to look for our beloved Kaā€™zeh or Robert, or any of our missing companions. The latter I encourage, for the Temple Estate is a boring place on my standardsā€¦ I shudder to think how boring it would be for you.ā€

So far I've been auto'd several times in this role play and I've only bitched about one of them because it was actually worth complaining about. Secondly, I took the time to read through every single Haborym Valley post just to confirm your suspicions about my not reading into things. The only mistake I made was the fact that Gent was on Von's shoulders, which I genuinely thought he was otherwise I wouldn't have done it to begin with.

Ah, when was Gent on Vonā€™s shoulders? He was handled by the Bellringers from the moment the General appeared to the moment where Gent had that last interaction with your character mentioned above. I can understand misplacing characters, but when did that happen? You also moved on the actions through the trees so you should know we stopped to speak. That's my last interaction with you.

I'm also going to address some points you threw at me now that we're on the topic of misreading posts. First off I kept going with the old man thing, because you never once made the slightest effort to show me that he wasn't an old manā€¦.

Wrong. Iā€™ve made several posts in regards to this, and here I provide the examples.

Ooc: Gent isnā€™t old, heā€™s crippled. Andrewā€™s characterā€™s name is Robert.

and in another post

ā€œIf it werenā€™t so hot, Iā€™d wring your neck. My legs may be useless but my hands have plenty of strength leftā€¦ and for the last time, Iā€™m not an old man! Iā€™m twenty three summers on this world, and may I have another twenty three without you in them!ā€

and portraying him as one in a role play in which he clearly isn't is by far the most idiotic thing I've ever seen a person do.

And the final example

Gent gave a heartfelt farewell to the young guard. A wife and daughter? What a job for a married man. Gent couldnā€™t help but shake his head as he left the station. As he climbed into a carriage the irony of the thought over took him. Here he was, a young man telling a braver man then he, not to protect his own? What would he think of next?

Ah letā€™s not forget that the whole reason the old man thing was started was to get your character out of jail.

Secondly, I'm tired of you referring to Von as a criminal, thief, scoundrel, etc because he clearly isn't any of those. He's an asshole, that's all there is to it, I'm sick and tired of everyone making assumptions about my character. I made a fucking profile for him before the damn RP even began. How about reading it?

The last time I referred to Von as a criminal was a few posts back. Why? Because thatā€™s the impression Gent has of him. He really thinks Von IS a criminal. And an idiot. To say otherwise is metagaming.

What else is Gent suppose to think? Gent was there to see the bar fights, there to break your character out of jail, and so far hasnā€™t see any remote references as to any kind of skilled labor or profession. So if anything, Iā€™m playing true to my character. Youā€™re more then welcome to take your own advice.

I'm willing to edit the post inspite of you throwing a hissy fit at me, but only under the following conditions. Explain exactly what's going on, so I don't fuck up again, apologize for screaming at me in the thread and delete the post as well, so it doesn't get in the way, without throwing a single argument towards me since your rude comments sparked this entire thing to begin with.

Alright, maybe it wasnā€™t the most mature way of handling it, but get real, I was pissed because you were so far off base with over a month of non-posting. I know it takes time to read this topic. I know it take time to construct a post. I donā€™t mind waiting a month or longer ā€“ what ever it takes for you to make a good post, Iā€™m fine with.

But you were so off base I did explode. Iā€™ll admit that. Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m a roleplayer first before Iā€™m a moderator in this forum. Itā€™s not an apology for exploding on you, but you should at least understand the reasoning. And if you were having trouble understanding something, itā€™s equally frustrating that you didnā€™t ask for help either.

If you can't do that, then you'll be receiving absolutely no effort whatsoever to edit that post, and I'll just make you do it yourself using your moderator powers.

Not a problem. I'm willing to stand up and take what ever comes my way.

Oh, and by the way, don't threaten me with any attempts at removal because that's just plain immature, and quite frankly you have no clue how vital my character is in this particular role play,

It wasnā€™t a threat Oni- it was a statement of the course of action. And quite frankly, stating how vital your character is over others is a display of arrogance. Every character is vital in an RPG and such you should have respect for that.

I respect because of your character, weā€™ve had several intensive engagements that have made the RPG interesting, weā€™ve engaged an entire army because of your character. Youā€™ve crossed character paths together because Von decided to start a brawl at the beginning.

But you lack the ability to allow a rest and let others take up some of the more world building.

Also if you take the time to read through everything in Harborym Valley, you'll notice a few posts were actually deleted somehow which could also be what has been the cause for such confusion.

This you are RIGHT about. There are one or two posts missing. I found one of mine missing. I also keep copies of every post I made, so now that post is back up.

Posts that disappear arenā€™t your fault. Posts contain knowledge. Without them youā€™re without that information. However while I only found the one post, if you know of any others maybe you should say something.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:17 am

My apologies are to the other roleplayers who've had to read this.

This is the second instance.

The first instance was over a fight scene in the very beginning of the RPG.

Oni, because you asked, I will now tell you what's going on and do this by dividing up by what groups were moving before hand.

Ka'zeh has been taken by the Vykens.
Robert has left the party and fled to the cities elsewhere.
Gent has gone to the City of Lain, aka, the Temple Mount north of the Valley (refer to map)

Dusk was stopped by a Bellringer and in the process being taken to the Temple Mount along with his companion Caitlynn.

The Four generals are regrouping as are the Vykens.

I know that doesn't cover everyone but it's what I can remember off the top of my head.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!