Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Retaliation

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:16 pm

Zhelir awoke to the alarm in the shuttle cockpit blaring in his ears. His hands were only halfway to the controls when he realised it was the colony itself that'd triggered the alarm. With a yawn, he sat upright in the cockpit and took the shuttle from autopilot, guiding it gently into Hanger Bay 6. Up on the ledge above the docking area, he could see Rick and Tersan waiting. He promptly made his way to the rear of the cockpit, pulling up the hood of his cloak, to conceal his face.

He stepped out of the shuttle and onto the pad, before movign up to the balcony, his steps swift, but not appearing to be rushed. He approached the two, who had still not yet turned from the balcony, and muttered, "So, ya came after all."

The comment was directed toward Tersan, who stiffened a bit, but replied in the same regal tone he'd used before, "Yes, sir. Given my contacts and the past few weeks, it seems my only option, at least for now, is to flee the colonies."

Zhelir chuckled, shaking his head from left to right. "Don't act so sad. You'll be much better off in }{G -- you'll see."

He pulled one of the Casulls from the depths of his cloak - the red one - and handed it to Rick. "Take it, and the two of ya hole up in the shuttle. I'll be back shortly."

Rick opened his mouth as though to protest, but simply nodded, and the two of them made a rapid descent to the landing area below. Once they were aboard the shuttle and the door had been closed, Zhelir turned and strode from the hanger bay. He was extraordinarily thankful his secretary had given him Belle's address before he went out. He doubted he would have time to find her by any others means; he might be concealed for the moment, but it wouldn't take long to connect the dots. An unmarked shuttle, two of Zhelir's past consorts, and a man trading places with the two in said shuttle, concealed by a cloak. He was damned lucky they weren't already on top of him.

"Ah well..." he breathed, moving swiftly down the streets, checking the piece of paper in his hand every now and then, "Stealth's never really been my strong point..."

A few streets later, he arrived at the front door of the building Belle resided in. He gave two sharp knocks, praying she was home.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:25 pm

Belle was sitting on the couch in her normal spot with, as always, a drink in one hand, and a remote in the other. She jumped abruptly as there was a knock at her door. She set her remote down and began to pull her hair back in the usual bun with her one free hand. Her drink still in place, she walked across the room to the door. It was quite late, so she felt it best to check the peephole before opening the door. She was surprised to see Zhelir's seemingly distorted face on the other side. She set her drink down immediately, wondering what this could be about.

Was it really so urgent that he couldn't wait until morning? She turned the deadbolt until she heard the click, and proceeded to open the door.

"What is it, Zhelir?"She asked as soon as she opened the door. A puzzled look across her face, she waited for his response.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:32 pm

Zhelir had the breifest sensation of relief when the opened the door. A sensation which was quickly engulfed by a dire urgency to leave the colony. There was no doubt in his mind the house was being monitored. The fact that there weren't already guards pouring on top of the two of them could only be attributed to the time of night. But he doubted even that would last.

"I'll explain everything in the shuttle, Belle, but for a few minutes, trust me. You need to get off this colony."

With that, he turned to the street and jerked his head toward it, unholstering his remaining Casull.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:14 am

Belle was alarmed by the sense of urgency in Zhelir's voice, but she knew he wouldn't show up this late unless he absolutely had to. She decided to hold the questions until she felt they had reached the shuttle.

She looked down to her bare feet and thought it best that she grab some shoes. As she was doing so, she realized she was in her normal sleep attire -- a white, thick strapped tank, and a pair of black sweatpants.

What a mess I must look like... She thought to herself. For a moment she was tempted to ask to get some of her belongings, but she knew if there wasn't enough time to explain, there wouldn't be enough time for her to gather her things. She sighed as she stepped outside, bringing the door to a close behind her.

She looked to Zhelir, waiting for him to take the lead, since she had no idea where they would be going.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:28 am

Zhelir nodded, and broke into as fast a run as he copuld manage without leaving Belle behind. He was no longer shooting for any sort of stealth; if any military personel got in his way, they were going to suffer. He took as many back alleys as he could, throwing a look over his soulder every now and then to check that Belle was still with him.

As he neared the bay, the staccato sound of gunfire met his ears. "Fuck..." he breathed, quickening his pace. He wasn't more than two steps inside when he saw three guards trading shots with Rick, who was leaning out the side of the shuttle, shooting back. Zhelir had brought his own weapon up and levelled the guard nearest to him before the other two realised they had company. Zhelir leapt backward and grabbed Belle, forcing her to the ground as a hail of bullets hit the balcony, only to be hastily ended by two much louder gunshots.

Zhelir peeked out at the docking area, to see the other two laying on the floor, with bullet holes in their backs. Zhelir shooks his head, muttering something about incompetance, before he helped Belle to her feet. He made a flat run for the hanger, vaulting off the floor of the bay and landing gently inside the door, before turning to offer Belle a hand.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:13 pm

As Zhelir took off, Belle began shortly behind him. Keeping up fairly close behind him, Belle was thankful for all the years she had spend training to keep up her speed. Noticing him checking back every so often to make sure she was still there, she gave a small wave, letting him know she was all right. She followed him through every twist and turn, and every back alley, until they were coming close to their destination.

Her eyes darted around as she heard shots around her. Noticing Zhelir had sped up, she followed suite. An unfamiliar man was hanging out a shuttle, shooting at three guards who, in turn, were shooting back at him. Belle stood, unarmed and shocked, knowing she stood no chance if one of these men chose her as their new target.

The next thing she knew, she was on the ground, the pavement scraping her elbows, and Zhelir on top of her. The last two gunshots echoed in her ears, as if they were only inches away. Zhelir no longer atop her, she peered up to see a hand held out before her. She took it, stood up, and proceeded to brush herself off. Seeing Zhelir take off once more, she, again, followed suite. Stopping before the hanger, she took his hand once again, and pulled herself inside.

Not giving anyone the chance to say anything, she began.

"Anyone care to explain what the hell just happened?"

She looked from Zhelir to the other man, and back again.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:11 pm

"Tersan!" He yelled out, his voice echoing through the shuttle, "Get us the fuck outta here!"

A complient jerk of the shuttle told Zhelir he'd heard, so he turned back to Belle, taking a seat in one of the passenger seats.

"Well, it's a rather simple story, yet still quite long, so let's start with where I've been these past few days. Oh, by the way, that-" he jerked his head toward the short, slightly pudgy man that'd been firing from the shuttle "-is Rick, the one you came with me to Earth to rescue."

"Funny how you keep putting me in situations you have to rescue me from." Rick cut in, but Zhelir paid no attention.

"So, to begin, a few days ago, ya probably heard, there was a skirmish out in space 'tween some colonists, the Defenders, and }{G. During which I traded sides from the former of the three groups t'the latter. I didn't realise, at the time, the consequences this course of action would render.

"Our first mission was to take colony MO-V from the various rogue factions controllin' it. We did so, with what I'd call relative ease, and now it's our base of operations. Since then, we've been making plans on our next courses o' action against the Earth. It was during this plannin' that I realised you, Rick, and Tersan would be in danger of interrogation and imprisonment by General Sin. So, I came, and now here we sit."

He rounded off the story awkwardly, before realising he still had his pistol unholstered. He quickly stuffed it back in his holster, while using his free hand to fetch his other and do the same.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:06 pm

The shuttle pulled smoothly into the bay, setting down gently on the cold steel framework. Zhelir waited a moment for the familiar hissing sound of the bay being re-pressurized. When it came, he rose to his feet and opened the shuttle door, silently leading the way to Pegasus.

He opened one of the outer hatches on the ship and stepped in, nodding toward the hallway that lay before him.

"This, ladies and gents, is home. I suggest you get comfy."

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:12 pm

Belle felt the jerk of the ship as they took of, forcing her back a little. As Zhelir finished his story, Belle took a deep breath before letting out a small "Hnn," letting it all register. She then gave a small nod, indicating to him that she understood the situation.

She was, understandably, quite tense the rest of the ride. She figured she was allowed to be after being pulled from her home in the middle of the night, along with witnessing a gunfight seconds before being forced to the ground, all the while unaware of what was going on.

As the shuttle pulled into the bay she let out a soft sigh, allowing herself to relax a bit. She followed behind Zhelir once more, looking around to make sure there wouldn't be anymore random gunfire.

She peered over Zhelir's shoulder as he opened the hatch, following a few steps behind as he stepped inside.

Zhelir:"This, ladies and gents, is home. I suggest you get comfy."

These words echoed in her mind as it finally hit her; she wasn't going back. She stood for a moment, taking it all in. "This is home," she repeated in her mind. Without warning, everything she found comfort in was taken away. She had nothing of her own but the clothes on her back.

This thought was not sitting well with her, and it showed in the expression across her face. She brushed the thought from her mind as quickly as she could, hoping Zhelir wouldn't notice the look of mild horror on her face.

"So, Zhelir, are you gonna lead the way, or do you plan on watching us try to find our way like mice in maze?"

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!