Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

[Open] S.T.A. (Special Teens Anonymous)

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

[Open] S.T.A. (Special Teens Anonymous)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iDream on Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:54 am

What if you were related to five special individuals who had special powers many years ago but those five people never told anyone outside of their immediate family (daughters, sons, etc)?

On the day of your sixteenth birthday you recieve a letter from that family member that told you that you had inherited a special power no one else has. You are the only person in the whole world who has that power. Your relative (grandma/grandpa, etc) wrote you the letter before their death and your birth many years ago. Until now, you thought you were completely normal. On the seventh hour on the sixteenth annual celebration of your birth after reading the letter, your powers become active and at that point and time, you can start using them.

It is November 12, 2006 and in the past six months the crime rate and amount of fires have gone up by fifty percent in Charlotte, North Carolina. The police need a little extra help when it comes to solving the crimes and the mysteries behind them. The firemen need a little extra help with putting out all the fires. It has until this point been your choice if you tell others about your power. Fortunately, the decendants of those five special people live where the problems are occuring. It is now your job to offer your services to the boys (and girls) in blue and red to keep our good people safe and out of harms way.
[Blue is Police and Red is Firefighters]

It is now November 30, 2006. Each of the special youngsters has met, and knows all about one another's unique abilities. They have decided that to make themselves more useful, they will band together and use their powers to aid their fellow man.

Ideas for special powers/abilities: becoming invisable, going back in time, re-living days, extremely thick skinned (ability to withstand extreme heat or cold), etc.
*Note: There can be more than 5 teens as long as they are siblings if that occurs since there are only five original ancestors.*
Inspired by Daughters of the Moon by Lynne Ewing and Tru Calling. With the help of Jadeling_Hawkins and Jhori_Trannyth.

You do not need to post a biography, incorporate your past into your first post and say something about the letter. Give little sneak peeks at it.

I have the power to be invisable. Pick your power and make your first post if you are wanting to join.
Last edited by iDream on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iDream
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: [Open] S.T.A. (Special Teens Anonymous)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:30 am

Do we just post here?
So as long as there is a moon, Flowers will never die, and niether will us wolves. -Wolf's Rain
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirge on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:26 am

May I join?
Survival at all cost

Sirge
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:44 am

Do we post on here, or is this OOC?
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iDream on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Post your first post here. This is the actual thing. Anyone can join.

iDream
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Ok so it's like, you don't have to fill out a char sheet then... right?

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iDream on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:55 pm

Right, just jump right in and sneak your character info into your first post. =] I will be gone after 9pm EST on Monday and won't return until around 8pm EST on Friday

iDream
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Jessica looked at her feet. "Come on, start acting like a 16 year old girl already!", Danny called. "Look who's talkin' " Jess mimbled. "Quit hanging around animals, quit talking to them, quit acting like you understand them!" Her 16 year old twin brother, Danny called. "Talk all day on the phone, be on a date with a boy! It's embarrasing!" He was angry, obviously.

Jessica was a tomboy. Not average either.

Jess'l stand up for anyone, whether she gets hurt or not. She's spunky but she's an A student. One of her best friends is a boy, but he moved away.

Jessica had a deep blue in her eyes and camo capris with a few flower on it. Her shirt was a blue one with the sign, of a green leaf. Jess can controll ice. Her black hair goes a bit past her shoulders and she is short for her age, a little over 5 ft. Her hat is a deep blue with a broken heart on it. She looks the part of a tomboy and definately acts like one.

(OOC: RAWR, I don't feel good about that post. >.< I've never have to slip in my char's info in a story without a signup sheet. >.< So sorry if it's not good.)

Jess'l stand up for anyone, whether she gets hurt or not. She's spunky but she's an A student. One of her best friends is a boy, but he moved away.
Last edited by Swift.Arrow on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iDream on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:53 pm

[[Its fine, if you have any messangers IM me and I can help you. AIM- NCFireGirl729 YIM-SouthernChicka09 MSNM- R_Walker@live.com]]

Miracle stood in front of the mirror in her room playing with her invisable power. "Ha, this is so cool." She concentrated again and became visable again. "Now, I just have to master the whole snapping the finger thing." On her sixteenth birthday, she recieved a letter from her Grandfather telling her that she had the power to become invisable, at first she thought it was complete nonsense. She had turned sixteen four days ago and she had to keep reading the letter over and over again to actually believe it and convince herself she wasn't going crazy.

"Dearest Grandchild,
I would like to inform you that it is my duty as your Grandfather and ancestor that you upon the seventh hour of your sixteenth birthday, your power to become invisable will become active. Please do not misuse your ability or use it for evil."

She continued reading the letter completely freaked out. How can this be? I seem normal... Miracle continued to think to herself and poked her belly. You can't poke through me like Casper.. She shook her head like she was trying to wake herself up.

"There are four others just like you but you are the only special one with this power. Please be careful my dear child."

How does he know about me? She thought to herself and wondered if she had ate too much sugar or drank a little too much Monster when she had stayed up all night the night before. If there are four others that means.. Mira never finished her thought but looked at the mirror and decided to finish applying her make up. For a teenager with ADD and slight ADHD, it was not the best thing for this to be happening to her. In a split second she thought too hard and she quickly disappeared from the mirrors reflection. "Hey, that's not funny now I can't see what I'm doing. Ugh! Miracle groaned in frustration and once she reappeared and finished beautifying herself she went outside and sat on the front porch when she saw an ambulance go past with the lights and sirens blaring. "Poor old guy." She could see in the back window of the part where patients stay and it was an old man with white hair who was hooked up to more machines than there were computers in the lab at school. I wonder who else has special powers. How will I find out? Miracle just didn't want to feel alone. She remembered the part of the letter that had instructed her to use her powers for good and thought about the rising crime rate and the unsolved mysteries. "Maybe I and the others could help the Police.."

Miracle had been born into a fairly modern family, her parents attended a local baptist church and she usually went and was active in the youth group and student ministry. She wasn't a "problem child" at school or at home for that matter. Jack and Diane had given birth to her on November 4 right after Halloween, the pastor feared she would be a Halloween baby causing all sorts of problems, even more than those born on Friday the Thirteenth. Her parent's weren't filthy rich nor were they dirt poor. If you needed help in a class, she was always there to tutor you after school or come in early to make sure you would make an A on the test.

iDream
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Jess read the letter she recieved 2 days ago, on her birthday- from her mother. She said her grandpa wanted her to have it when she was 16 and nobody but her could look inside.

She read it aloud again, to make her mind think why her grandfather would play a prank like that on her b-day! But the letter read, it was no mistake,

"Dearest Grandchild, Jessica,
I would like to inform you that it is my duty as your Grandmother and ancestor that you upon the seventh hour of your sixteenth birthday, your power to contol ice will become active. Please do not misuse your ability or use it for evil and distaster. This is no mistake, you must beleive and not waist your time, act quickly and use your abilities for good.
There are four others just like you but you are the only special one with this power. You are blessed. Please be careful my dear child. No harm will come to you if you use your powers for good and use them carfully and correctly.

Love,
Grandpa

Jess was so stunned, she didn't eat much of her dinner last night.

She tried controling her wind

powers and almost knocked the lamp over. She used the power to talk to her brother's dog, an old hound, which didn't like to say smart things. Jess had a horse, and it was very smart, talked about Jess when she was little, and her horse even knew how her name was spelt, but that was about it. Jess thought that was great.

Her brother got annoyed when he had his birthday party and Jess was trying to actually talk to animals. It was embarrasing, to see your sister talking to a wren up in a tree.

Jess thought, 'I have to talk with my friend about this, not Rachel, Kiera, Umber, hmmmm, who to talk to..... Miracle!'
Last edited by Swift.Arrow on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iDream on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:08 pm

[[The letters were actually supposed to be given to them by their parents considering the grandparents are dead.]]

Miracle went back inside a picked a book off her bookshelf. After deciding which book to read she grabbed her cell phone, a black Motorazr v3 and went back outside to the porch. It was her favorite spot aside from the park. She was currently home alone, her father was at one of his writing conventions and her mother was at work. Miracle loved her alone time, most wouldn't believe how she got her name or if they did believe her they thought it was corny. Her mother wasn't supposed to be able to have children, as a child she had a serious defect that caused her to not have periods and the like so when Diane got pregnant, it was a total shock and "act of God" so they named her Miracle.

She sat down and opened the book, she avereaged a book every three days which was pretty good for a teenager. Hopefully one of her friends would come and distact her so she would have some social activity today other than conversing with herself about her new power.

iDream
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:10 pm

(OOC: *Sarcasm* I knew that! I'll go fix it....)

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iDream on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:20 pm

[[It's fine]]

iDream
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:25 pm

(OOC: Sorry, I fixed it up so...)

Jessica couldn't wait for tomorrow. It wasn't even close to dinner, much less just pass lunch. About 1 o'clock. She would go talk to Miracle right now, this very minute. Jess lived about a block away from her so she'd walk. Jess grabbed her cell phone, the Sanyo Katana 6000 and ran over to her house.

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iDream on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Miracle glanced up from her book and saw Jess running towards her house. Great, hmm wonder if I can turn invisable now. She concentrated real hard and used her power not necesarially for evil but it wasn't for the best either. Within a few quick moments she became invisable to her friend and waited to see if Jess would notice.

[[I just realized, their powers are supposed to help them solve crimes and fight fires. How can controling the wind and talking to animals help?]]

iDream
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:02 pm

"Dang. She doesn't seem to be home." Jess went all the way back home. He cell rang but it was a salesman. She grabbed a book, White Fang, and began to read it. She got to the 10th chapter and that's when she got hungry. Jess ate a ham sandwich and went upsatairs to her balcony, overlooking her pool.

(Hrrrmmmmm........oops, I guess I will change it. ^.^ )

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:26 pm

An hour later, she tried to control her ice powers and almost killed a dog. Jess went over to Miracle's house to see if she was home. Jess tried to skate of the ice path she made, and she did! "Wha hooo!" She cried! Jess looked around to see if anyone was around, only a cat. Jess tried to melt the ice, sucsess! But she still had to get to Miracle's house. She ran up to the house.

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirge on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:03 pm

OOC: Hope you don't mind I made him a little older then sixteen and if you don't like anything with the post just tell me.

In one of the many rooms of the gothic manor of the McClain family sat a young red headed boy, maybe no older then sixteen or seventeen, sat at an old cherry wood desk with an unfolded piece of paper in front of him. Upon his proud face, but freckled face, was an expression of deep thought as he once again as his somber green eye ran over the message on the paper.

Dear, Kelvin

If you’re reading this letter than, I’m sad to say my time on this world has come to an end before you’re sixteenth birth day. I’ve been proud of you from the first time I held you in my arms and it was then that I knew that it was you who would be the next carrier of our family’s power that will be both a gift and a curse upon you. For that I can not apologize enough for, but I will tell you what to be expecting and how you may control it. Your touch will become like that of mine; corrosive to anything inorganic and cause anything organic to decay. This blighted touch can be controlled if your will is strong enough and if not then the power will turn itself against you and destroy your body from inside out.

But you are my grandson and I’ve enjoyed what time we had spent together and I also the sadness we shared when your parents died. I like your parents leave you everything I have (Don’t worry that last bit about everything going to you is in my will, so you may use your power to destroy the letter). Remember your strength of your will is going to be the key to power in both its strength and control. And one more thing lad there are four others in this world with powers, so keep an eye out for anything strange.

With love,
Grandpa Fergus

Kelvin picked up the letter and folded neatlyI’ll miss you grandpa and thank you for everything and your warning is one I’ll take with the greatest of acceptance into my mind. He thought before the paper began to turn a yellowish tint and dissolve in his grasp.

A knock came at the door followed by a rough and age filled voice. “Young Master, some of everyone is wondering where you’d ventured off to before the reading of the will.”

The young man stood from his seat and straightened the jacket of the black suit that defined the broad shoulders of his athletic build. I guess it’s time to face my Aunt Edna and her family.

“Tell them I’ll be there in a minute.” He said, his voice holding a maturity of a person far older then he.

“As you wish, Master Kelvin.” replied the butler from the other side of the door. “And I’m sorry that your grandfather died, so close to your birthday and that winch of an aunt of yours has demanded the will be read today. I wish you a happy birthday young sir and I miss your grandfather as well he was a good man and a close friend.”

And with that Kelvin was alone again. He straightened his posture and left the room for the office that had belonged to his grandfather and would soon be his.

That day was over a year ago and he’d gained great control of his ability and become what you could call a fine young man, even with a the few quarks he had, in the time that had passed and since then that day. He’d picked up the hobbies of getting into fights, and wining them, as well as searching for anything suspicious that could lead him to other people like him.

He now sat at the large oak desk that’d served as his grandfather’s and for the past year his. He face had become a little leaner and the number of freckles had increased, but other then that his features had changed very little. He was dressed in a semi-loss fit jeans and a black and red striped polo shirt. [i]I’d better hurry up or I’m going to be late.[i] He thought as he put away the paper work he was finishing and left the office for the garage. He got into his vintage 69 GTO. He started up the car and was off.

After about a half an hour drive he pulled up to a house and calmly got out of the car and headed for the door. To his surprise someone one else was already their and from the way they were dressed he knew who it was.

“Hi, Jess didn’t expect to find you here today, is Miracle around.” He asked in a polite tone.

Sirge
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iDream on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:21 pm

[[The kids never knew the grandparents and you need to have a power that will help you solve crimes.]]

iDream
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!