Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Almost an Allegory

Almost an Allegory (OOC)

a part of “Almost an Allegory”, a fictional universe by Circ.

This RP is about writing what you feel, but abstracting it out into a story so that you are no longer enslaved by those feelings, and doing so in a way that is consistent with what has come before in the representation of other people's emotions, that is,

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Almost an Allegory”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Almost an Allegory (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby komf on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:20 am

Hello, Almost an Allegory people! :D

This thread is one of the first I've come across since joining, and the first I really want to participate in--so I decided to write a reply before posting here, and at the moment it's nearly finished; it will no doubt be completely finished by tomorrow. However, by necessity it ends both the night and the rainstorm within the allegorical world, so I'll probably have to wait a while before posting it anyway.

I know the etiquette of this sort of thing in theory, but in practice it's a bit daunting, at least the first time... from what I infer, no real approval is necessary, but I.. I'd prefer some form of it, just to be sure. Either way, though, kudos to Circ for starting an amazing thread.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

komf
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby komf on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:20 pm

Right, well... I really hope I didn't do anything wrong.

I also hope someone is still following this, because I'd hate to see it die...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

komf
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkJester on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:57 pm

You people are just plain cruel..

No, I don't mean that. However, it has been a long time since I've been as divided as I am now.. and you Allegory people are responsible! A lesser man would demand justice, I am however too tormented with the age-old conundrum of "Do I or Don't I?"

All of you have simultaneously managed to all but destroy my usually stubborn role-playing resolve, and yet I find myself inexorably drawn to this thread every few minutes, just to make sure that my newly discovered, volatile sense of self-doubt is not entirely of my own devising.

.. Yeah, that was unnecessary at best, precarious at worst. Basically, I was wondering if this thread was still active, and if so, is there one more spot to be filled?

Should you wish to continue as you are, I'd like you to know you have at least one avid reader who is incredibly impressed with you all, little or as much as that means..

ClockworkJester
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Yikes! I thought I had this thread on my watch list. I guess not. I'm terribly sorry, guys and gals, for not responding to you!

Komf, yes it is still going. You did nothing wrong! I read your post and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I hope you will continue to participate, despite the neglect I've inadvertently shown. :(

ClockworkJester, if you want to participate, it is an open RP.

Korrye, I am moving your OOC comment to the OOC thread. Nice post. :)

Korrye wrote:Please tell me if I'm getting this wrong or if I'm doing something incorrectly. I have a lot on my mind and a need to get it out.

The theme of this RP is to write how you feel. You can't possibly do something wrong. In fact, I'm glad you were able to get out whatever it is that was bothering you. We are also trying to build a cohesive story, tho', (and we = me lol) so if you can construct your feelings into something related to that, it would serve to create a smoother flow.

If you feel you need to discuss this with more urgently, please look me up on AIM or MSN: Feepit / circ@angelfire.com.
conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks so much Circ. Sorry for posting there. I haven't been on roleplaygateway for awhile. Today I just needed to write so I came back on. I forgot that you weren't supposed to post OOC comments in character.

I appreciate the compliments. My writing is more of a hobby but I take joy in it. Call it my outlet, I know that it works the same for a lot of other people. In terms of plot I know that I would love to expand on the Lonely Girl the same way that you are the hunter. Although the style of my posts may change according to my mood I hope that it goes well. This thread is a great idea.

Korrye
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:46 pm

There is no rule saying you can't, but I just like to keep the thread as tidy as possible. That way it reads more like a story.

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:25 pm

I feel stupid. I haven't logged on in months, and I come back to see the story that I could have participated in for all that time. If you don't remember me, look at page 2 of this thread.

Hah, I just found my half finished post that was meant for this Rp. I feel the need to finish it.

Sorry about disappearing.
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
~Socrates

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Go ahead and finish your post. :D

Circ
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:19 pm

Well, that is a relief. I bit short, but I'll do something more when I figure out what or how exactly to meld together this.. dream world? with the characters real life. I'm a little confused.

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:13 pm

If you need to ask me questions directly about the environment, message me on AIM or MSN: Feepit / circ@angelfire.com - otherwise, nice post.

Circ
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kristopher Bernard on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:49 am

I respect this. I really do. You will continue to see posts from me and with all hope, we will grow in the process. Enthralling idea.

Kristopher Bernard
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:59 am

Well, Almost an Allegory has taken a long, long hiatus. Anybody besides me feel that it is time for it to be revived?

I want to see this story evolve, at the very least to the point where the plot has become apparent, because it is awesome. The idea behind this RP is awesome to.

VIVA LA ALLEGORY!

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:38 pm

Heh, just read through it, and I knew I'd wanted to join it back when it was kicking. Of course, it's not kicking any more, the legs have rotted away even, but I follow Astral here, would it be possible to revive this ? I really like the concept, and writing this type of stuff is just greatly comforting, or at least to me it is. And of course, you're all pretty bloody top-notch. So yeah, life again, anyone ?

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Life is good.

If there were people who acted as a driving force behind this, other than myself, I would certainly be interested in getting things rolling again.

Circ
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:59 am

Well, I don't know about driving force, but if the people already in the RP are willing to start back-up, surely this thing can live on for a while more, aye ? Like I said, I'd love to be a part of this thing, if ever it can back on track, it's just such a unique idea.

Selothi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:51 pm

I attempted to garner some modicum of interest by soliciting in the "Roleplayers Wanted" area, but I received no response. And because there is a rule against double-posting, I can't bump the thread. >.>

Selothi, do you have any ideas about prospective methods of recruiting new members? I think we need to get a couple more Roleplayers that will consistently participate, other than myself, you and Circ.

I'm not sure what you mean by driving force, Circ, but certainly a small group of active players could resurrect this RP; or, if need be, recreate it from scratch.

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Not really mate. If the RP recruitment thread doesn't work, there's not much else. Not like you're gonna advertise this thing through mass PMs ! Either that, or edit the tags to contain more info about the RP, so as to draw more people. Other than that, fingers are to be crossed.

Selothi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Link M Smith on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:52 pm

So umm do we like just jump in??
You Can Only Hold On To life for so long. Soon you will have to let go and smiled as they go off in to the sun light. Life can be hard after the death of a love one but i time you can over come it.

Dark Link M Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:22 pm

Yes. You just jump in.

Circ
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:36 pm

:lol:

Dates, dear friend, dates ...

Selothi
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!