Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Metal Gear Remains

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Metal Gear Remains

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:18 am

READ BEFORE POSTING
Before joining this RP you must understand that there are certain expectations that must be met. These are as follows: First, it is expected that you have at least a basic knoweledge of the storyline of the Metal Gear series. If you havn't finished at least one of the games, you're going to have to spend a few hours on it's wiki page before I let you join. Second, it is expected that you are capable of reading and writing english fluently. If not, my advice: There's a big red X in the top right corner of the screen. Click it. Third, it is expected that you excercise some creativity in character design. If you can't come up with anything beyond: 'My guy has octocamo and is a cyberninja' then don't even bother. If you wish to be a cyberninja, PM me first. Limited slots are available. However, there's plenty of alternative options on offer.
Also, please do not take it personally if I choose to exclude you from the RP for any of these reasons. It is neither a personal insult nor any vendetta against you, it's simply my way of regulating and maintaining my own thread. I choose to limit those who can join to people close to my own skill level or the potential to be my own level. Use this as an analogy: You're in a football team of twelve year olds. For your next game they match you up against a team of 18 year olds. That's neither a fair nor fun game. Likewise here.

10 years after the events of Metal Gear Solid...

In the power vacuum left following the clash of Solid Snake and Liquid Ocelot, anarchy was left. The US government, attempting to reassume control, rebuilt the SOP system from scratch, however, to prevent the 'reborn' SOP system from being destroyed by FOXALIVE, the same virus that wiped out GW and The Patriots, it had to be radically different. In true US style, it was assumed 'different' also meant 'more powerful'. Thus, the UNISOL program was borne. Nanomachine based, it's programming was intended to turn an ordinary person into a cold blooded, efficent, merciless killer. Unlike the SOP system, which was designed to allow a sustained warfare economy, UNISOL has much harsher side effects on it's 'volunteers', ranging from severe mental disability to vegatative status, however, those that do survive, are the best of the best. Able to predict any attack, react at speeds faster then the human eye can see, and alter their own perception of timeflow using combat drugs injected directly into their bloodstream, UNISOL are comparable to a dying breed of warrior, the CyberNinja, as a threat.

On the other hand, the remenants of the PMC armies (Those of which do not suffer from the crippling SOTPS (Sons of the Patriots Syndrome) have rallied around those scientific minds capable of salvaging Metal Gear technology. Incorperating the cutting-edge technology designed for the Heavy-Armour weapons into anti-personel weaponary and anti-weaponary has proved to be a dangerous but tactically rewarding field of research. Their 'Gear Soldiers', or, as the masses have come to call them, 'Flesh Gears' are equipped with the latest technology, and any number is capable of holding their own against an equal number of UNISOL.

Last, a third, shadow organization has come to exist, though the only one's who know for sure who they are work for them. They are called the Solid Legacy. Their only purpose is to prevent the misuse of Metal Gear and SOP technologies, though the creed they live by is: Fight fire with fire. Usually they operate via stealth missions, and all of their operatives use a mix of Metal Gear, SOP and custom technology unique to themselves. The downside of working for the Solid Legacy is that, even when all their enemies are defeated, each SL operative has a single bullet on them at all times with their own name engraved on it: If something great returns to one it will eventually grow back to one hundred. Only in returning that threat to zero will it truly be gone forever.

Characters

Codename: Gray Scorpion
Name: Jack
Affiliation: SL
Biography: Son of the infamous Raiden, Jack, or Gray Scorpion as he is known, is the star operative of the Solid Legacy. An expert stealth operative with a body that incorperates cutting-edge nanotechnology with years of training in CQC and the ailing art of the Cyberninja, Gray Scorpion is a threat on any battlefield. Equiped with a state of the art 'Vanish' suit that combines Octocamo and Cyberarmour, he wields a HF blade and stun knife with pinpoint accuracy. When resorting to ranged weapons, he uses a custom folding sniper rifle mounted on a frame on his left shoulder, down his bicep, which also features an underslung grenade launcher.

Codename: Orphan Gecko
Name: Sunny
Biography: Usually working as support for Jack, Sunny is a stealth operative for the Solid Legacy. While not physically strong, she designed and engineered her own bio-suit based on Metal Gear technology, the result of which is reminiscant of the Beauty and the Beast unit. Sunny's suit is human shaped and sized, though uses Octocamo technology to assist in stealth missions. In close combat she employs Metal Gear tentacle cables to great effect, allowing an opening to finish the fight with a stun knife or tranq dart. She prefers not to kill when possible, though Jack does not share these reservations. At range she employs a custom Mosgin-Nagant redesigned for burst-fire capability at the cost of some firing distance.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

MISSION SYSTEM
Upon your joining the RP I will send you a message confirming or denying your application. With this message will be included a mission for your character and any background information necessary. Certain characters will be given certain select information, so by discovering enemy data mid-mission you may be helping piece together the storyline. Remember, an operative is to use any means at their disposal to uncover information. If all you can think of is fighting, find another RP. Yes, there will be fights, but I hope to struture this RP so that battles between players are so rare they are memorable. More then fighting, think about the objects, actions and environments available to you with which to trap your enemy. A clever vocalist could trick the enemy into revealing their secret, for example, whilst in disguise.

TEMPLATE - (Bonus background knoweledge points if you can tell me who said all the random MGS quotes I've included...)

If you wish to be a Cyberninja or use Octocamo, message me and explain in your own words, in as many words as you like, why I should let you use it. Chances are if you put up a good enough arguement I'll let you use it.

Codename: (Just what I'd expect from the man with the same codename as The Boss...)
Name: (A name means nothing on a battlefield. After a week no-one has a name.)
Sex: (Think back, Snake. Try to remember some of the basics of CQC... uh, I mean, human anatomy.)

Signature Weapon: (And not only that, nearly every part of this gun has been expertly crafted and customized. Where'd you get something like this?)
Secondary Weapon: (This is the greatest handgun ever made...)
Close Combat Weapon: (I am lightning, the rain transformed!)
Ammo Stock: (There's nothing like slamming a large silver bullet into a well-greased chamber!)
Misc. Item: (So... what's with the box?)

Attire: (Snake, did you like my sunglasses?)
Appearance: (Laugh, and grow fat!)

Personality: (I'm not immortal, I just don't fear death...)
Biography: (Fighting was the only thing I was good at. But at least, I always fought for what I believed in.)
Bonus Information: (I need scissors! 61!)
Theme Song: (Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKEEE!)

Take your pound of Flesh
For flesh is all that is left to me
Yet all that still eludes me

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetsumi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Metal Gear Remains

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:22 am

TEMPLATE - (Bonus background knoweledge points if you can tell me who said all the random MGS quotes I've included...)

((The cyberninja option was very hard not to pick...But where is the fun if everyone is a Raiden-wannabe?))
Codename: T
Name: Thomas Teston
Sex: Male

Signature Weapon: An M4 automatic which has been electrically locked to his fingerprints and immediately jams if anyone else tries to fire said weapon. The gun has urban camoflauge, with a variety of black and greys as the colour. The size of the gun and the shape of it has been especially modified to fit his personal height, weight and bone structure. Allowing for easier use on the feild of combat. Aswell as a lazer aim and torch attachment.
Secondary Weapon: A silenced pistol with a thicker frame. And like the M4, it has been locked to his fingerprints, and has a Lazer aim and torch attachment.
Close Combat Weapon: A combat knife which has been enlarged to the size of 15 inches.
Ammo Stock: With his combat suit and ammo holsters, he can carry 75 rounds for his pistol (Five, fifteen round magazines) and 200 rounds for his M4 (4 magazines of 50)
Misc. Item: He carries two dice around with him at all times. For unkown reasons. He also keeps two cornflake bars and an old fashioned electric shaver (for facial hair)

Attire: (Forgive me for being so retarded but this means clothing and ECT right?) T wears his US military issue armor. With no hats or glasses or anything of the sort. He preffers to keep his attire simple and easy. The armor is dark grey in color and consits of numerous holsters and pockets. To keep his Pistol and ammo (His m4 just hands off his neck by a leather strap) and other items he might need. It has been fitted with Nano technology, allowing him to breath easy. Moniter his heart beats and blood pressure and ultimately keep him alive. His combat dagger is kept on his lower back. Near his waste (If you have played mass effect, think of where the shotgun is)

Appearance: T has a recently turned veteren face with numerous scars on his cheek and eyes. His eyes, which are brown share the same colour as his hair, which has been cut short but started to grow back again. Therefor messy and not very neat. His face looks as though it hasn't been shaved in the last few days and signs of a beard and moustache have started to show. overall T is physically fit, with muscles worked out often and his legs able to keep him running longer than a civilian. He has a large scar on his lower left where he had been shot. But luckily it didn't hit a vital organ.

Personality: (I know this one, its Raiden right?) T has a very gruff personality. He has been in too many battles and missions. And has been injured to many times to be scared in war as much as others. But he always has a prick of fear no matter what he does. The conditions and the things he has seen make him doubt there is any point in it all. He will often just hide his feelings an try and get the mission done no-matter what.

In combat situations he always seems to see through attacks, always knowing where they are going to hit next. So it seems anyway. He always tries to help his allies, but won't hesitate to leave them if there is no hope. And more often than not, when it seems hopeless for there lives when injured, he will shoot them to stop them suffering. All in all, for him. The mission comes first.

Biography: He grew up as an average child. He was reasonably happy. had his share of arguments and fights and was pretty much average in everything at school. As soon as he left at 16 he joined the military, excelling at the 2 years of hard training and all the little trials he had. His ranking officers often called him a "model recruit". But as soon as he left for his first war his life changed.

His eyes opened to the horror of way and he quickly found out how unlike the realistic video games it was. Seeing your men die and having to kill was an experiance no-one should have to face. But he was strong enough to cope with it. He led several succesfull missions. And ultimately got into the special forces, sent on missions that led to the outcome of several wars.

Bonus Information: His favourite food is Icepops
Theme Song: Requiem For A Dream - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ma4BvMUwU

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:44 am

Jack's son is named John, mentioned at the end of MGS 4. Also, this is 10 years after MGS 4, right? IF so, he would only be 14 I think.

I kind of found it funny how there were like 4 John's in mgs 4 too. :b
--------------------------------------------------------
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Lance Clayton

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:16 am

I would change that intro bit, from '10 years after Metal Gear Solid' to '10 years after Metal Gear Solid 4'. When I read that, I was like "So... It's set in 2011? o_o"

ANYWAY

Codename: (Thinking this was Ocelot...) Hendrix (that okay?)
Name: (No clue. 8D) Anderson Council
Sex: (Either Otacon or EVA.) Male.

Signature Weapon: (Naked Snake.) A PSG-1, modified to add two barrels. One has it's own ammo container to fit tranquilizer rounds, the other fires standard bullets. He often fires the wrong barrel.
Secondary Weapon: (Naked Snake. AGAIN.) USP, standard.
Close Combat Weapon: (That'd be Volgin.) Stun Knife.
Ammo Stock: Keeps roughly 75 tranquilizer rounds (three boxes of 25 darts), 80 sniper rounds (40 in two boxes), and 300 USP bullets (somehow crammed 150 in to two boxes)
Misc. Item: (Sigint?) A fedora hat. Pair of shooter's glasses, orange tinted. A Snicker's bar in his pocket.

Attire: Wears a large, thick jacket over a Kevlar vest, the jacket seems to be made from burlap. The vest has two green bands about a quarter of an inch thick, holding up his black, coarse pants.
Appearance: (FATMAAAAN.) Anderson has wide, grey eyes that seem perpetually constricted. He has a pointed chin, pale skin, and a small scar on his left cheek from a pebble that was thrown at him in his childhood. He has a blunt, small nose and gnarled hands. Raven black hair almost plastered to his head.

Personality: Anderson is not a sociable person. He prefers to be alone, but simply because he does not want to be in the way of others. If he does end up talking to you, you will notice his incredible aloofness. He has no regards for military jurisdictions, explaining his odd attire. He occasionally has LSD flashbacks.
Biography: Anderson had the horrible luck to have his childhood intersected with the actions of Solid Snake- Shadow Moses, Discovery, and the Big Shell. The incredible fervor surrounding these incidents lost him a good deal of a normal childhood, as his father was in the government and already an agent of the Patriots. He joined the military the moment he could, but his too was a bad idea, since Solid Snake had effectively nearly destroyed the military roughly three years prior.
Bonus Information: (Erm. Emma's parrot?) Has a fear of insects. Massively paranoid.
Theme Song: (Otacon.) Us and Them - Pink Floyd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlY-JlE5ZCo

I probably contradicted myself over 9,000 times in there. |D

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rikken_lyna on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:24 am

First and foremost, let me remind joiners there are three factions to join, each of which has their own strengths. If you're stuck on a character idea, re-read the faction descriptions and see which suits you best.

Tobi
For the record, Mass Effect is one of my favourite games. If only my F*****g 360 wasn't broken.
Anyway, you seem to know what you're doing. Judging by your bio you're in UNISOL?
I'm going to go ahead and assign you the role of UNISOL Vet Protagonist. Basically, you command all the other UNISOL characters. It's your job to keep them alive and make sure they carry out their missions. You will, of course, have your own missions. Those will come when a few more people join.

papolatte, thanks for fixing me up on that name. My friend Rikken's an MGS freak so I'm amazed he didn't pick up on that for me already. And yes, John is only meant to be around 14 - 16 years old in this. The emotional focus of his character is going to be his young age.

Kilroy, your bio is passable, but barely. Yes, you filled out all the fields. Imagination is what's lacking. For now, and based upon assumptions made on your bio, I'm assigning you to UNISOL Support. You'll act as a support character for Tobi, and the main protagonist, meaning your job is to help them carry out their missions, or in the event of their death, complete the mission for them. You'll be assigned side-missions which will help the others carry out theirs, eg: If they're assaulting an enemy base, you may be asked to sneak in and cut the power before the attack.

Will Edit

Codename: Pale Hand
Name: Lucas Saint

Signature Weapon: An M14 automatic rifle, capable of over 16x zoom, the weapon is highly versatile, doubling as both as both an assault and sniper rifle.
Secondary Weapon: A modified Desert Eagle, complete with scope and capable of killing a target outright at medium range, in silver with a black trim. Lucas prefers the stopping power of the Magnum over any other readily available sidearm.
Close Combat Weapon: An antiquated Longsword, reconstructed to incorperate a current generation device like that of the stun knife. However, Lucas' longsword allows him to modulate the power supply, letting him either tickle the enemy with it, or send enough charge through their body to stop their heart. It's size and bulk, however, make it unweildy in extreme close quarters combat, though Lucas is quite happy to keep the world at arm's length with it.
Ammo Stock:
Misc. Item:

Attire:
Appearance:

Personality:
Biography:
Bonus Information:
Theme Song:

Rikken_lyna
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:34 am

-thumbs up-

Imagination was never my strong suit; same as with originality. |D

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DavidiousBurgeresta on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Please allow me to join, I have beaten MGS1, 2, 3, and almost VR missions. So I would not waste your time with 'reading wikipedia'

DavidiousBurgeresta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:39 pm

IS there a time set for you accepting applications? I would like to join, but only when I can promise more time, right now, I barely can fit the rps I'm in, in my schedule.

So is joining later, midway through the rp possible?

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MattRooney06 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:26 pm

Codename: Valentine
Name: James Howlet

Signature Weapon: A Russian made SV-98 sniper rifle, with an effective range of 1000m this is a deadly sniper rifle especially since it has been equipped with both a silencer and a flash hider.
Secondary Weapon: An Israeli made Jericho 941 Semi automatic pistol, used by the Columbian national police this hand gun has proved its worth both on and off the battle field.
Close Combat Weapon: A standard issue butterfly knife.
Ammo Stock: SV-98- twenty ten round magazines, Jericho 941-six eight round magazines.
Misc. Item: Valentine is rarely scene without his lucky wrist tape wrapped around his right wrist and hand; he claims it brings him luck.

Attire: Valentine chooses to wear simple but practical clothing, usually grey cargo pants and a grey fleece, over this he wears a worn in brown trench coat, he also wears his “lucky” wrist tape over his right hand and wrist. He also wears a remote headset to communicate with team members.
Appearance: James “Valentine” Howlet is an average sized teenager, he has medium length hair which is a fiery red colour, James also has a single scar running along his cheek on the left side.

Personality: James is a quiet individual, who prefers to take a solitary role on the battlefield, James is known for saying little, but when he does speak it is often well thought, relevant and useful. Although he is a very withdrawn man he has a great respect for his team members, he would fight viciously and relentlessly for them.

Biography: As the youngest on the team (may have changed) James is very inexperienced in actual combat, but this does not mean he cannot use a weapon, growing up in England with his mother and step father was tough, he was often taken hunting by his step father. One December night when he was 13 his step father turned to him and told him to run, as James ran his step father shot a bullet across his face giving him his scar,, this event changed James to become a tougher more mature boy. At aged 15 he had achieved a black belt in Judo, Kickboxing and Krav maga, he also had learnt to become an expert hunter. At aged 17 his mother was killed by his step father who in a fit of drunken rage pulled out a Jericho 941 hand gun on James, James disarmed and killed his step father, vowing to help others to honour his mothers spirit, he took his step fathers weapon and left. On valentines day James met a girl, falling in love with her, James and the girl, named Ashley planned to live together in a small apartment, on their years anniversary Ashley was shot by an armed mugger in London, Wracked with guilt, grief and loss James changed his name to Valentine and swore to again to stop people like this. Using his skills he was noticed by the commander of the Solid Legacy and offered a place on the elite team, he was quick to say yes. He is know on his first real tour of battle and is ready to fulfil his destiny
Bonus Information: James’s Lucky wrist tape was given to James by Ashley on their first day in their apartment, James was said to be a lucky child his three brothers all died of unknown causes at aged three, James is afraid of Hospitals, he hates the feeling of venerability and death that hangs in the air.
Theme Song: The Dragster Wave-Ghinzu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Q0eHxeeIU

MattRooney06
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!