Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Virtual Reality is the better Reality

a part of “Virtual Reality is the better Reality”, a fictional universe by genericroleplayer92.

In the world, there are many trending novelties. Among the top, Virtual Reality. People would kill to be able to live a different life, live a different Reality. A place they could start their lives over without worry. Whats your story?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Virtual Reality is the better Reality”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby genericroleplayer92 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:04 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Virtual Reality is the better Reality"

Feel free to suggest ideas to make this roleplay even better, without changing the fundamental base of it. I know the introduction isn't long, and for those who like long intros to read, I'm sorry.remember, it has been 3 years since I've done anything with this. I'm always open to backstory development, so if you feel like I should add something, edit something, or remove something, let me know, I will listen and weigh your input against what I have planned for the roleplay. This has the potential to be one of the long roleplays. please keep this alive ^^;
Vivat Nocte, Omnus Laudem Luna
In every Reality, there will always be Fantasy

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

genericroleplayer92
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Virtual Reality is the better Reality

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saiyan Princess on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 am

This sounds so awesome! I'll have my characters up today

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saiyan Princess
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saiyan Princess on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:08 am

Any kind of pics you're expecting to see or is it up to use for the most part?

Saiyan Princess
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby genericroleplayer92 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 am

Ultimately, it's up to you, but remember, you have one character who is human, and one character who is virtual, so nothing fantastical for your human, and go all out on your virtual xD

genericroleplayer92
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saiyan Princess on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 am

Yep Im on it.

Saiyan Princess
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saiyan Princess on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:05 pm

One down one more to go

Saiyan Princess
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LoonyLunaLoo on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:20 pm

I'd love to have a beta tester if possible. I'll start working on her now.

Anime or Human pics?

LoonyLunaLoo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saiyan Princess on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Luna i asked the same question and Generic is leaving it to us Im using both. A human pic for the real person and an anime pic for the VR character

Saiyan Princess
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LoonyLunaLoo on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:16 pm

That's what I ended up doing, Princess. Thanks :)

LoonyLunaLoo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby genericroleplayer92 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:45 pm

seems there's some controversy about the picture requirements. Love the name LLL. Anyway. I think I shall clarify what I mean.

http://iani.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/anime-1.jpg
http://static4.depositphotos.com/101106 ... st-whi.jpg
Pictures like this are fine, these are your basic humanistic appearances.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/k ... 753809.jpg
http://spicytunas.com/wp-content/upload ... adhoom.jpg
http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums ... ernity.png
http://media.photobucket.com/image/rece ... r2-1-1.jpg
Pictures like these, you wouldn't see in the human world, aside from cosplayers. These characters are what i mean my Fantastical.

genericroleplayer92
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby genericroleplayer92 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Alright, a few things.
1- Saiyan, you did not need to submit 2 individual characters for this, the Idea was to put both into one submission. where you put your character's real life form, and then your character's virtual character. Aside from that, they are very good characters.

2- LLL, where you did have both your character's RL and In Game characters profiles as one, as is intended, Your characters lack depth. If you could, please beef up the description of your characters, so that they're not just one-liners. Don't just tell me about your characters, describe every detail to the point that I could visualize them standing in front of me. I do not mean to demean your character, all I ask is a bit more descriptive effort from you, if that's alright with you

genericroleplayer92
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:33 pm

OK i am currently working on a character however I have a few questions.
1. for romance, is that fill in later or will we be filling that in before the rp starts?
2. As for their work, do we put that they work for the company that created the game or do they have other jobs?
3.As for the VR character, are there certain races we can use or can they be anything?
4.Do they have to have a job or can they just gather stuff and end up selling it, along with doing missions or some sort?
5. I noticed you mentioned this was inspired by .Hacks universe, however is the VR setting in the game similar or is it more similar to the Sims or Real Life?

Sorry for so many questions.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby genericroleplayer92 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:24 pm

never be sorry for asking questions. I shall answer in order.

1. all it is is it opens possibilities of shipping between characters, in retrospect, it should be filled in when you submit the profile, however, you do not have to, as long as you will edit or make it known later what the deal is at a later date.
2. they have whatever job you want them to have, whether they be a maintenance worker for the company, or they work elsewhere.
3. anything is possible in VR, let your inner adventurer loose.
4. no, your vr self doesn't have to have a set profession, a simple unemployed will suffice. how your characters makes the dough is for you to tell us.
5. its similar to .hack's "The World"

genericroleplayer92
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saiyan Princess on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Okay Generic I'll go ahead and put both charries on the same sheet sorry about that. And then I'll delete one no bigs will fix lol.

Saiyan Princess
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LoonyLunaLoo on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Generic, I fixed them both up a little (Becky and Skylark) so just let me know if you want me to change anything else :)

LoonyLunaLoo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby genericroleplayer92 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 pm

thank you. as i said, both good characters.

genericroleplayer92
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:42 pm

OK thanks so much generic, I should have my character up by sometime later tonight. :)

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby genericroleplayer92 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Alright, Luna, the last thing i have for you to modify, are your powers. Currently, you only have one that would be considered a power, and thats your animals one. the last two are more stat related and are not considered actual powers. Anyone can have heightened agility or persuasion. thats basically every thief type person out there. Aside from that, i'll accept your character when your powers are fixed, you did a good job fixing her up, however, keep in mind however, that other people will not be as lenient as me, and tend to accept characters that are so fully described, (every detail, big or little,) that when you read a post with said character, you could swear that you'd be watching them on a big screen. That's just with character alone. be just as descriptive about the character's environment, and we the readers will be blown away by the movie you've just presented us to read.

don't just rely on pictures to convey a person's or things appearance. Describe what we can't see in the picture, describe what is different if the picture isn't the exact look for your character. describe other looks if you so want to, it's entirely up to you. however, I know for a fact, if your descriptive enough, most every character will be accepted.

As for your communicate with animals power, please, explain the depths of it. which animals can she talk to, which can she not, which animals are more likely to help her, which are more likely to attack her should she happen to piss them off, so on and so forth. She obviously can't order animals to just drop what they are doing and defend her, she must ask them for help before anything happens or as it happens. Saiyan, if you could do this too? That would be lovely.

And no problem LDL. :)

genericroleplayer92
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 am

Ok I submitted my character, though I am fairly sure I messed something up (or didn't do well enough on something). So, if you need me to go back and fix things, just tell me what and I will :)

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby genericroleplayer92 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 am

YES! ALL OF THE APPROVE! Awesome character Living, I didn't see anything wrong with Karma. I can't wait to see your contribution to the RP! I saw the character, and was like, *inhales* "This person, this person is after my heart!" gripping my chest in an epic way xD

That aside, we need some male characters, this isn't a female only RP Dx

genericroleplayer92
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!