Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Way of the Ronin

Way of the Ronin

a part of “Way of the Ronin”, a fictional universe by Unicorn Luv.

The masterless can never call themselves Samurai, they must always be known as Ronin. Yet they still wield their sword all the same.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Way of the Ronin”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Way of the Ronin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Hi tako, the lore is going to stick pretty close to traditional - and then you can build off of it from there. If you're not familiar with japanese lore I don't really suggest you make a yokai character and currently we don't really need any. What we do need is regular ronin characters.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Unicorn Luv
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazamizari on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:44 am

Hey um, might I snatch up a Ronin?
He is a mute and a all-round "lawful good" type of guy. He was never formally trained but he never rebelled either. He just sorta rose up in times of need. People have dubbed him "Tenshi" although it's generally a girls name, roughly translated it means "Angel." He likes to stand up for those who can't stand up on their own. Sort of a robin hood, but he kills the oppressors.

I dunno if I even needed to put that there? But I'd like your OK before I submitted a wip?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mazamizari
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:00 am

You didn't but I liked hearing your concept none the less, there was a lot of fighting in the sengoku era, peasants got hurt, this guy makes sense. I like that he's wearing working class peasantry mixed with armor.

Unicorn Luv
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Hey, I finished Hiroshi. I hope he is okay. :)

almostinsane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tako on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Just dropping this in because I forgot to reserve a ronin spot, but if I wish to reserve a spot on team vengeance quest.

Tako
Member for 7 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:45 am

I love our new crew members!

@tako there are no reservations

Unicorn Luv
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tako on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:38 am

Ah my bad on that one x-x

Anyways I should have everything pulled together soonish here. Probably by tonight I'll be able to submit stuff.

Tako
Member for 7 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:09 am

Hey, if anyone wants to plan something out with my character, feel free to pm me. :)

almostinsane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:52 pm

Been very snowed under with work but hope to have a profile up this weekend. :)
"Schopenhauer was right, wouldn't you say? Life without pain has no meaning. Gentlemen, I wish to give your lives meaning..."

Kato
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:11 am

Yousuke is officially done and done, after what seemed like a million years. On to Kana! Her profile won't be nearly as long imao.

Unicorn Luv
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:50 pm

I don't think I have ever written so much for a character profile before starting an RP before ... D:

I submitted a WIP, there's things I would like to talk to you about regarding the shared history of the Chinatsu faction and the relationship between Kojuro and Kana which would be nice to establish. I need to write his whole history section, but I wanted to get something up this weekend at least.

I copy/pasted the code from the character profile template but most of it didn't work and I have no idea why, so if anyone can help I would be most grateful. This is my first character on here. Excuse my ignorance.

Also: just have to say Tako! You're an anagram of me! *waves*

Kato
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Well I mean an rp is writing in and of itself so~ plus it's good for others to have information to work off of, which brings me to Kana - her information will be finished shortly so I'll link you as soon as personality and bio are done. As for the coding, it's like that because you need to enter a color code after the = sign
color codes

ex:
Code: Select all
[color=#0000A0]this text is going to show up as earth blue now[/color]

this text is going to show up as earth blue now

Unicorn Luv
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:52 pm

PS: who is the character you're using for a picture? if you need help finding a bigger/more suitable one I can help, just using your icon pic as an image is kinda :P

Unicorn Luv
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:24 pm

i'm gonna get me some jack in the box anyone want anything?

Unicorn Luv
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verdandi on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:36 pm

I'll take some french fries and a milkshake, if that's an option. :)

Verdandi
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Verdandi wrote:I'll take some french fries and a milkshake, if that's an option. :)

I left it on your doorstep

Unicorn Luv
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:39 am

Oh well that explains it ... I think. Will give it a try. Yay it worked! Thanks! :D

Well I didn't know that the avatar pic and the pic in the profile were two different things. The size=90 tag made me think it would be avatar size... I still don't know what the size=90 tag is for ... :/ I have plenty of pics so I will add one. At least one. Maybe more. xD

Is everything ok with the content of it so far?

Ninja Bunny - I got your PM but I can't respond. Annoyingly. Perhaps I'll catch you on the chat box, we can discuss it here, or you can email me if you wish. I haven't read any of the other character bios yet just FYI. Was too busy working on my little guy and thought it would distract me. XD

Kato
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:59 am

I sent you a chatzy link so we can talk and I can show you what i've got so far, also help with coding

Unicorn Luv
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verdandi on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:18 am

General notice: if y'all want to plot/talk character history/whatever, I'm here and totally down for that.

P.S. Unicorn, thx, luvvie. My milkshake brings--never mind. ^_^;

Verdandi
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ninja Bunny on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Hmm. If anyone cares, I made a writepage thing for anyone to go onto and collaborate for this rp, if they want. I hope that's okay, Unicorn? I'll just drop the url here.
http://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/Roninland

Ninja Bunny
Member for 7 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!