Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Weapon X roleplay Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Weapon X roleplay Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:40 am

Okay, so almost everyone knows about the X-Men, and there are alot of you out there who will probably know more than I do about it. I also know that there have been thousands, maybe millions of roleplays based on this series, but I want to try and put a new spin on things...hopefully.

My idea comes from the movie, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and the whole idea of the mutant weapon project. The goal of the project, movie wise, was to fine someone whom they could combine the best mutation in. Wolverine was Weapon X (10), and he is pretty much a perfect weapons, aslong as there are not super-strong magnets around. Weapon XI (11), had his powers of regineration and the blades, but also several others.

My idea is this: There was Weapons XII Project, a project a step up from the last one. This time, instead of trying to combine as many powers as possible into one mutant, Stryker selected several and give them one or two new powers. Group XII (12) was a prototype, but Group XIII (13) was 'perfect.' A group that had complete control over both powers, with no side effects or conflictions like the last group had. However, this group was made through the same methods. The capturing, or at least stealing, of other mutants DNA.

With this Rp there can be several sides. There can be the members of Group 13 that follow Stryker, as well as those who wish to break away. But, there can also be the mutants captured and locked away, as well as those who are on no side. Xavier and the school can be involved, so people could be on their side, or play as an already established mutant as well. I feel that there are many possibilities to this type of rp.

Basically this would be an rp of Max 10 people, though with the possibility of multiple characters to control. Nothing too big and complicated.
Also, weather anyone actually sees this or not, as I feel very few people ever really check this section, I will go ahead and made a back story, plot, and character sheet and post it later, not only here, but in the OOC.

I have a very basic idea for this rp, the members of Group 13 are sent out to kill 'dangerous' mutants, and even normal people who get in the way of Stryker. Some of them don't care, others feel it wrong and want to leave, but Stryker won't just let them go. So, a sort of mutany takes places, during a mission, maybe a few try to run, and return later to help break the captive mutants out.

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Unseal the hushed casket.
- Cortana
In the end, the older generations always sacrifice themselves for the newer ones, so that the children that make the new generation can have it better than they themselves did.
- a lesson from Naruto

http://apps.facebook.com/naruto_app/invite/?player_id=59217&h=15eba7100b818f061501969591749860 - a link to a naruto game on Facebook, join my clan if you want.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dante_Page
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Weapon X roleplay Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:03 am

AWESOME!,

I've got so many ideas! I want to play Synch soooo bad! He rocks!

Also can I take Mister M.(He's super powerful, but I plan to edit his history to fit in the movie, make it so he's not in control of all his abilities, and that Stryker wants to use him.

Mister M has molecular control, but in the rp he won't have mastery of his powers.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chulance
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFirstFist on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:41 am

I'm in, and could I play as Deadpool, not the lame one they called off in the movie, but the one from the comic, with a bit of history edit?
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow forth like a river. And the three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god

TheFirstFist
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Typhon13 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:00 am

Im in, could I play as mister sinister allied to stryker?

Typhon13
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tawanos on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:49 am

I am a LONG standing comic reader of, probably, far too many comics, mostly Marvel but some DC and a number of independent and small press comics as well. I rarely see a good mutant role play as almost half the people tend to be wolverine or original x-men rip offs. This is not meant to be a criticism but a warning as to the possible implications of starting a role play along these lines. Personally I always welcome a chance for a good mutant based RP.

Given the chance I believe I'd like to play a Field Manipulator. By that I mean someone who can make force fields and manipulate them into energy constructs of different shapes depending on their imagination. Similar to a green lantern's base ability at energy constructs and force blasts along with personal shielding, without the add-ons of long distance communication, language translation, space travel, etc.

In any case I would like to not only join, but offer my services as a comic junkie for information should anyone request it.
I Wish I may, I wish I might.
Have this wish I wish tonight.
I want that Star I want it Now.
I want it all, I don't care How!

Tawanos
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Alright, cool. I'm working on the back story right now, the basic thing of it anyway. I like the ideas you guys have about bringing in the old characters.

So, wanted character list:
Sinister
Deadpool
Synch
Mr. M

OKay, Synch, I don't know, or if I do then not by name. The Sinister thing, okay, that works. Deadpool is the one with all the powers, right? And Mr. M, I don't know him, but from what you explained he's alright. I'm going to have 2 unique characters, one from Group 13, one not. Oh, and Tawanos your field manipulator is okay too.
I'll get the story and my post up in an OOC and link it to the 1st post here.

Dante_Page
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 pm

I thought this was intended to be entirely with made up characters. Either way I do not fancy a character from the comics/movie.

I took what you said earlier to mean our characters would basically have two or maybe a couple more abilities?

I would basically like to go for a character with Voice. By which I mean an ability to use his voice to control and command others and use speech to implant certain thoughts like 'I am your friend' I wouldn't expect from this to get their spleen and a trip to their home but it would be useful in tension situations, and also to mimick the voice of others as well as sounds I have heard. My other ability idea is illusion, to make myself look different. Either like another person, creature or just to modify my appearance in certain ways. If you wanna place any limits on that then it is up to you of course!

My codename would be something like Dreamer or Speaker. Y'know, something like that.

If no one else wants it I would like to be the teams medic too. My real name, for anyone cleared to know it would be Dr. Olette
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Wakboth
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Wakboth, I like youre character idea, you're accepted. And yes, initially it was to be that people would be new, unique mutants, but for this to really be an X-men rp there need to be somewhat established characters. And as long as they can be played in the right way for this universe I think it'll work.

And, update on the story. Some members of Group 13 feel betrayed because of secrets they learn about, so they break loose. Stryker, like in the movie, sends other mutants out to stop them. Normal people get involve and this sparks a war between the two. Eventually anyway, it won't start off like this, but lead up to it.

EDIT- I may not get this done till Sunday or Monday. I ended up sleeping in and I have things to do in the morning.

Dante_Page
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFirstFist on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:16 am

in the movie deadpool had all the powers yea, but I'm wanting to know if the comic book version would be allowed. His powers in the comics were enhanced agility and healing factors along with his sword skills and gun accuracy.

TheFirstFist
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tawanos on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:42 pm

May I inquire as to when this may be starting? I am quite eager to begin this and it has been slightly more than a week now since the last post in this thread.

Tawanos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGoddessReborn on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 am

i would like to join as well

as copycat.

A powerful metamorph, Copycat could precisely duplicate another being’s appearance down to the cellular level. As a result, she could replicate superhuman powers and abilities. She has survived otherwise fatal wounds by copying healing factors. Modification by Weapon X accelerated her ability to duplicate others.

http://marvel.com/universe/Copycat

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tawanos on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:47 pm

And no word yet as to starting. If there is some delay I'll be willing to take up the lead. However it was not my initial idea and would request that Dante_Page agree before I go galavanting off.

Tawanos
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!