Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Welcome to Cluster 04

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Welcome to Cluster 04

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:00 pm

The massive Aries powered through space with the help of it's huge thrusters. The flamers were magnificent. Maxwell set down his copy of the Divine Comedy which Seraphina had given him so long ago. He felt like Dante, lost in the basis of the Inferno ready to begin his journey through the fire towards the light. He slipped a slender cigarette in his mouth and lite it up. The red light indicating an incoming transmission lit up.
"Pilot of the Aries Mobile Suit approaching from Quadrant Seven, reduce your speed and identify yourself."
The pilot sounded so young, Maxwell continued to smoke his cigarette as he pushed the thrusters harder as he closed in upon Colony 04. It was a shame he wasn't older, an experienced soldier would have recognized the signs of a threat. He rubbed the cross upon his neck and closed his eyes as a second transmission came through.
"This is a second attempt at obtaining the identity of the pilot flying the unidentified Aries toward Colony 04 from Quadrant Seven. Please reduce your speed and identify yourself."
I finished the cigarette as he finished speaking and strapped myself into the seat. I squished the filter into an ashtray that I had rigged up to the side of the cockpit. I felt the heat as I continued on, full thrusters toward the ground. I began to shut the thrusters down and spun the center of the Aries so the feet touched down first. A squad of six Space Tarus were awaiting my landing. A young man with short black hair appeared upon my comm screen. I allowed him to see me.
"Identify yourself or be struck offline."
I looked the young kid over once before hitting a few keys upon my console. The Aries reached back and picked up the missile launcher in it’s left hand and a chain rifle with it’s right hand. I watched him swallow hard. It was obviously his first combat situation.
"Pilot of the Aries, disengage your weapons and eject from your Suit. Or we will use force to take you into custody."
I smiled and calmly lit up another smoke. It was killing time, I thought to myself. A few more types on the keys and a loud sound echoed from the two weapons signifying they were loaded.
"Come get me."
I replied to him. Within seconds the six Tarus Suits were running full speed. I pulled the trigger on the launcher. 12 missiles engulfed two of the suits completely and by the time the smoke was clear to show they were offline I was pumping round after round into the next four. I took out one at the knees, and a second one with a round right through the cockpit. I thought I saw red mist filter out the front of the Suit as I put the missile launcher and the chain gun away. My left hand came out with the unlit scythe and my right arm was covered with the Buster Shield. As the two remaining suits approached I swung back the blunt pole and unleashed it into the side of a Tarus as I held up the Shield to block me from the others fire as he tried to circle me. With a grin I ignited the beam scythe. I heard the pilot’s scream through both of our armor. The bottom half of his Tarus fell away, the top landed on top of it.
This allowed me to turn my attention to the captain. He countered my first Scythe strike with his Sabre so I swung the shield. My shiney new Buster Shield knocked him back a few feet and I grinned. There was a clicking as the chest cavity of The Falcon fell open. He almost had time to scream before the 22 micro-missiles from my chest exploded around him. With a harsh noise the chest closed and I put the scythe back on the recharge rack. I put out my cigarette and turned my attention back to the Colony.

"Fuckin’ poor defenses. ‘Ope de get better as I go inward."
Again I felt like Dante as I finished powering through the first level of Hell, about to step into the second.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:59 pm

Lord Winson walked into L4's command center with his arms behind his back. An officer walked up to him holding out a report that Winson took into his hands, inspecting it with a careful eye.

Winson - How did a simple Aries slip through our defenses?

Officer - We're not too sure, my lord.

Winson walked to a large chair and sat down.

Winson - Is "it" in our air space yet?

Officer - The colony solar cannon is being taxied in right now by three shuttle crafts.

Winson - I want Commander Mitchells and his Serpent team to launch and engage the enemy with unrestricted force.

Officer - But sir, the people have already suffered from the hole ordered to be blown through the colony, I suggest we try and lure the Aries...

Winson reached for his side arm, drawing it quickly, and pulled the trigger, showing no emotion. The officer fell to the ground dead, blood gushing from the bullet wound in the middle of his forehead.

Winson - Have Commander Mitchells launch!

-

Inside the colony access ports opened and a team of five Serpents walk out, with Commander Harrison Mitchells in the front. He raises the beam cannon up slightly.

Harrison - Hmph...some suped up Aries huh? Alright, spread out and find this guy and take him out. I want to get back to my nap.

The other four Serpents went separate directions, with Harrison using the verniers to fly forward along the ground.

-

Just outside of L4 the large cylinder object came to a stop. Several large teams of mobile suits ranging from simple Space Leo's to powerful modified Serpent Customs secured the object, ready for any kind of combat.

Inside the command center on L4, Lord Winson gave a sinister smile towards the view screen. Three targets were displayed. One was Earth, the other L5, and the last being MO-V.

Winson - Now...who do we demonstrate our power on?

A new officer walked up beside the dictator.

Officer - The object has been towed into range.

Winson - Excellent.

Winson stood to his feet and threw out his hand forward.

Winson - Begin angleing the solar array! I want the weapon to be at full charge!

Winson continued to smile as he brought his arm to touch the patch over his eye.

Winson - All will regret ever crossing Raphael Winson!
Last edited by FutureKiyoshi on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:44 pm

Maxwell smoked as he walked inward. His eyes carefully eyeing the doplar radar inside the cockpit. He had finished a deck of cigarettes since arriving on L4. He was nervous, but neither his voice nor his posture showed it. At first glance the 25 year old rebel looked almost as a military commander should, the military commander he used to be. This was much easier when I had a squad at my back. Maxwell thought as blips began to show upon the radar. If they were blips, then they were to close for range. The Falcon shouldered the chainrifle and drew the beam scythe.
"Lez, 'ave some fun."

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:50 pm

Harrison saw the blip come up on his radar and smirked to himself. The Aries came into view, and as he pulled his Serpent Custom to a stop, he drew the beam saber with the left hand. Harrison flipped a switch in the cockpit to broadcast a message to the enemy.

Harrison - Well, I'm supposed to be diplomatic about these situations. You know...asking you to throw down your weapons, and come out of the mobile suit quietly, you know, those kinds of things. I think we both know your not going to do that, so how's bout we skip the formalities.

Harrison brought the beam saber up in a defensive position, while aiming the beam cannon towards the Aries.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:17 pm

Maxwell smiles as he continues to smoke the cigarette. He rubs the cross upon his neck as he tapped a few keys on the console. He just silently smiled at Harrison as the Sabre lit. He grinned larger as he lit his Scythe. With a quick drag he raised the right hand and held the buster shield in a readied position. He set the right foot back and took a battle stance. With another inhale he looked over Harrison. He had the look of a Veteran, so Maxwell decided best not to insult him. To give him an honorable death, because he wasn't going to stop him.
"Well are right, but you could always try. Of course I am not going to drop my weapons, if I was going to drop dem I would 'ave not killed de outer parameter guards. So, let's make dis dance a pleasure. My name is Maxwell 'Eart."
He didn't wait for a response. Truth be told he didn't like knowing the names of the people he killed, it made it clear he was destroying people. This is where Maxwell began to understand that it was possible to loose this battle. With another massive drag as he approached the Serpent, he shook the thought from his head. He has to live. He promised Seraphina. For the woman who would one day be his wife.
Maxwell raised the Scythe back with his left hand and his shield forward with his right arm ready to block.

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:43 pm

Harrison smirked and pulled the controls back on the Serpent, the feet of the mobile suit drug across the ground, kicking up sparks, as the verniers propelled the suit behind a large building.

Harrison - Come and get me you out dated piece of trash!

Kneeling behind the building, Harrison began to charge the beam cannon, ready to open fire at a moments notice. Meanwhile, the rest of his team began to move into their own positions, marking their targeting reticles on the enemy Aries.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essentials on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:56 pm

A golden mobile suit entered into the colony. At each side was a Katana. At first glance it would seem to be a Solidus Gundam, but it had undergone many changes since it's last battle on L5. The flight pack it once had been replaced for variable wings with verniers built in. The whole suit had been slimmed down, for more agile combat, even the head had changed to a more streamlined design. It was no longer the Solidus, it was the EST-01 Wyvern.

Osiris - It seems I am late to the party. Events we did not calculate have come about. Whatever the mission will be completed at all costs.

Osiris took hold of the controls and the Wyvern unsheathed both blades, then stepping forward as he pressed forth on the pedals.

Osiris - Ah so these are my playmates?

Two files came up on Osiris' view screen showing the details for the Aries, and another for the Serpent. The Wyvern burst into the sky wings tilted out for max forward burst. He was headed to destroy both, of the mobile suits.

Essentials
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:49 pm

Maxwell could hear the beeping of him being targeted. He kept on target. Kill the leader, lower the moral. He put out the cigarette and took a tight grip on the controls. One wrong move here could kill him. He kept the upper body of The Falcon in the same position as his own markers found the Serpent behind the building. As The Falcon rounded the corner the main thrusters ignited and lifted the Aries into the air. As he hovered over the Serpent he disengaged the thrusters and fell swiping the scythe.

In mid fall his radar went off. A new suit was in the vicinity and it posed a threat.

"Fuck..."
His right hand found the cross once again.
"'Dis could get messy..."

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:29 pm

The scythe came down with the attack from above, and Harrison's experience forced him to bring the saber up to block. The two energy blades clashed and sizzled, and Harrison clenched his teeth as it became harder to hold the enemy back.

Serpent Pilot - Commander! There's a...a...well...it kind of looks like a Cygnus in the colony.

Harrison made the Serpent jump back then thrust forward, slamming the right shoulder into the Aries as he pulled the saber back with his left, ready to attack.

Harrison - What!?

Serpent Pilot - It's moving into your positions. It looks to be heavily modified from the Cygnus X-1 and X-2 that we've normally seen.

Harrison took a quick glance at his radar. He confirmed, something was moving towards them, and fast.

Harrison - Units 1 and 2, engage the Aries. Units 3 and 4, engage this supposed Cygnus.

The Serpent pilot who had been communicating with Harrison looked confused. "Harrison using an actual battle plan and using the entire team?", he thought. It was near insane, but an order was an order. The serpent's labled 01 and 02, jumped down from their positions ontop of some nearby buildings, aiming the twin gatalings at the Aries, ready to open fire. 03 and 04 moved in position and aimed up at modified Solidus as it descended quickly towards the ground.

Harrison, on the other hand, realized the shit was about to hit the fan. With a few quick movements to the controls, the Serpent was bolting down the streets with use of the verniers. He was pushing it near the verniers redline, but he had to move fast. He zipped up and down different streets, using the varying size of buildings for cover. Harrison didn't want to get hit by the enemy Aries either.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:24 pm

Zhelir jerked back on the lever controlling the ship's speed, abruptly bringing the ship to a halt. Tersan and Rick wasted no time in exitting the two bays of the Leviathan, nor did Daedalus in locking the massive ship's weapons on the Serpent Custom.

You've got two options, right here, right now. There's enough firepower on you to vaporize a colony. Surrender your sorry fuckin' ass, or we're sendin' you back to Lord Raphael fuckin' Winson in a juice box.

He nodded to Day, indicating that, should the suit or any of its subordinates twitch toward the Leviathan or the attacking Aries, he ought to liquify him on sight.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:42 pm

OOC: No offense but how exactly and when did the Levaithan get into L4. It couldn't just show up, and logically L4 would be heavily guarded by the FRE, especially considering that they just brought in a big weapon...but whatever.

IC:

Harrison glared but then an evil smile spread across his face.

Harrison - An attack like that wouldn't stop with just destroying me. This colony hasn't been evacuated. Alot of people could die.

Harrison quickly aimed the beam cannon down to the ground and pulled the trigger. The fully charged blast tore through the ground below and his Serpent dropped into an underground section of the colony, mostly used for maintence. The Serpent moved through the cramp shafts heading towards a shuttle bay.

Meanwhile, the other remaining serpents began to engage the enemies. Twin-Gataling fire sounded through out the colony.

-

Inside the command center, Lord Winson slammed his hand down on the armrest.

Winson - How in the hell did the Levaithan get past our defensive perimeter!?

Officer - I don't know sir...

Winson - Fine...the }{G have been a thorn in my side long enough! Have the 250 Virgo II's deploy their planetary defensors around the Solar Cannon! Target MO-V.

Officer - Yes, my lord.
-

Outside the colony, several teams of Taurus's fly around in formation, ready to attack anyone. On the solar cannon, Virgo II's land on the outside of the cylinder, then the mobile dolls deploy each of their six planetary defensors around the solar cannon, bringing up a strong defensive shield.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:43 pm

OOC: Maxwell took out the perimeter guards, remember? Leviathan's been en route for two nights, now.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:56 pm

OOC: Ah, okay.

IC:

The Rysen starts to slow down as it approaches L4 airspace. Han glares at the screen seeing the solar cannon.

Olnsen - It appears the cannon is moving...I think they're taking aim.

Han - Find out where the hell it's aiming for and send out an evac notice! I want everyone in Normal Suits now! All hands to battle stations! Red Alert!

Normal Suits are the space suits similar to those that mobile suit pilots use but contain more life sustaining air for crewmembers and civilians on space vessels. The crew on the Rysen take up their positions, just as Olnsen narrowed down where the cannon was going to fire.

Olnsen - Captain the FRE are targetting MO-V!

Han - The }{G got here earlier than us. He must want to show them that they shouldn't piss him off. When we get closer, do you think we can take out the cannon?

Olnsen - Negative. There are about 250 different mobile dolls deployed...Virgo 2 types. They all have their planetary defensors deployed. We'd have to break through that along with the growing amount of other mobile suits being deployed out of the colony.

Han - The FRE Faction has been ready for war for the last six years. They put up a good fight three years ago, using the Followers of Lowe as their mainstay forces. Now they're using all that they were able to save up. I want our main cannon ready to fire.

Olnsen - Yes sir. Engaging the drive system now.

Han - Take us in closer with some evasive maneuvers. I want all of our weapons targetted on those mobile dolls. Have Leutinant Rynolds launch and stay near the ship, he'll have to be our defense.

The Rysen's engine's made a slight burst as it was taken into L4's airspace. Taurus units flew by noticing the ship, and quickly transformed and open fire. The battle had begun.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:11 pm

Since the Leviathan's initial construction, many modifications had been made. One of which was replacing the chain guns on board with beam cannons. Now they were being put to good use, Day picking off suits left and right with swift ease. On the viewscreen, Rick and Tersan stuck almost side-by-side, laying waste to everything they could reach. Zhelir chuckled and shook his head as he watched the Mercurius.

"Might be a fat motherfucker on foot, but damned if can't dance in my Merc'.

Day chuckled and shook his head, his fingers flying over the controls. Target, shoot, recharge. Target, shoot, recharge. "Just keep an eye on shit. If they decide to all bum rush a target, it might be one hell of a jam."

Zhelir returned the shake of head, responding with the supreme cockiness he'd always held at the helm of }{G's old dropship. "And that's why I'm here, ready to put my perfect fuckin' piloting to work if just such a pickle floats up."

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:20 pm

The Serpents got hit, and hit hard. Each sustain large damage, and took up hiding behind the buildings.

Serpent 01 - Where's the Commander?

Serpent 02 - I don't know...

Serpent 03 - It's Commander Mitchells...he probably abandoned us.

Serpent 01 - Then that means I'm in command now. I want unit 04 and 03 to go around and try to take out that drop ship. 02 and I will stay here and provide cover fire.

Serpent 04 and 03 - Yes, sir!

The two Serpents ran down a side street and opened fire with the missles from their stored positions in the shoulders. The missles swirved and flew in the air as they headed towards their target, the Levaithan.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:36 pm

Zhelir growled, the missiles closing in. Easily picked up on radar, but what to do?

"I don't suppose this fucker's got any chainguns left?"

Day shook his head, grimacing. "Nodda. Shit all got replaced. And even I ain't gunna hit all of them things with Beam Cannons."

Zhelir nodded, fully aware of this.
"Punch as many as you can." Day obediantly fired into the crowd of missiles, succesfully destroying a good majority, but it only took one well placed one to punch a hole.

"Alright, I--"
He broke off as a blue Taurus darted in his view. "Oh shit!" He cried, his quick reactions sending him down the only decent course. The bay claws of both hangers extended downward just as the remainder of the missiles impacted the Taurus, incinerating it. Day roared and let loose a fresh salvo onto the Serpents, as did the Mercruis. Zhelir, quite possibly the only one in the crew aware of the small dot whipping across the radar, punched another button. Two minute puffs of air came from the claws as a set of nets ran down thim; these were more often used to catch parts that might fall off a particular battered suit. In a way, they were doing it again.

He breathed a sigh of relief as the image of Tersan's space suit caught in the lefthand bay's net. He immediately retracted the claw, unsure of whether or not Tersan had had time to secure his helmet before ejecting.

He was out of his chair in a flash, though Day hardly noticed. His rage had driven into a nonstop volly of cannon fire on the Serps' location.

OOC: I'm down for the night, but Sinful may yet pop on. If he does, he's free to RP the LEviathan crew as he sees fit, if he should deem such necesary.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:21 am

He was knocked back by the leaders. As he began to make a break for it Maxwell lit a cigarette of a distant victory. Then Serpent 01 and 02's presence became more than apparent. Maxwell let out a quick blast of his flamethrower which ended up doing little more good than melting some paint off of Serpent 02. It was more than evident that his plan was working as more and more people began to join the battle. To his disappointment they were not allies, just pawns. He took a huge breath of the small smoke as he struck at 02 with the scythe. It just dodged as the four units began to regroup.

As the Serpents began to scramble The Falcon hit it thrusters into full as the Aries flew across the ground after Harrison.

"Come out, come out w'ereever you are..."
Maxwell said as he dropped into the hole Harrison had dissappeared into earlier. As he slowed down the verniers there was a massive drop behind him. Serpent 02 followed. With a growl Maxwell swung the scythe at the cockpit of the nusiance.

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:56 pm

Harrison grumbled to himself as a warning went off inside the cockpit of his Serpent Custom. One of the enemies had apparantly followed him down, and that was something he didn't like. The coniving bastard looked up towards the ceiling, and smiled to himself as he saw a large pipe system running along. Reaching up the Serpent grabbed ahold, and with one sharp pull, broke the pipe, filling hte corridor with hot steam. It would make it difficult for Harrison to find the enemy if he continued to follow him, but it would make it just as difficult for him to find him. Soon, the Serpent slipped into a smaller alley and crouched down, preparing to attack again.

A scream came over his comm. link, Harrison recognized the voice as the pilot of the 2nd Serpent unit of his team, and soon after there was an explosion that shook the surrounding walls, and most likely the above grounds, where Harrison could only guess fighting was still going on.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxwell Heart on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:49 am

He smiled to himself and ashed the cigarette as he stood there looking at the wreckage of Serpent 02. He hit a few keys on the control panel and turned the Aries around. He began to move forward at a rapid pace. Looking towards his HUD he realized that nothing was on his radar. He growled.
"De bastard must be far a'ead."
He whispered to himself as he entered the steam. He stopped to make a futile attempt at getting a better feeling for the surrounding area. Just as he began to observe there was a thunderous crash. He wondered how the battle was going momentarily. With a quick decision he decided to power on. The Falcon quickly flew past Harrison's hiding spot. Maxwell was completely unaware, though he kept an eye on his doplar.

Maxwell Heart
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:57 am

Harrison smirked to himself as he saw a dark figure fly past him in the steam.

Harrison - Must be little boy Aries...

Harrison took a quick step back out of the corridor as the coverings over the missles stored in the Serpent's shoulders, slid open. The mobile suit turned at it's waist, looking down the corridor. The right shoulder fired down the passage way, presumably toward the target of the Aries, while the left, fired towards the ceiling, just down the hall. Harrison hoped that he'd either destroy or crush the suped up mobile suit. Harrison then ducked back into his hiding place. He had replaced the beam saber in it's storage and recharge rack on the side of the suit before going into the hole, and he kept the serpents hand ready to draw the weapon if the Aries attemped to come back for a counterattack.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.