Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Welcome To The Family Cirque

Welcome To The Family Cirque

a part of “Welcome To The Family Cirque”, a fictional universe by Aro.

Welcome to our Cirque. Take a look inside, you might find yourself unable to leave.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome To The Family Cirque”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Welcome To The Family Cirque

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 am

Hello and welcome! Come here to discuss the plot of the Rp or anything that happens to be on your mind. Have any questions? Ask them. Just want to chat? Go for it!

As a side note. I'm not going to start posting until another person joins and we discuss some of the plot. I want everyone to have a say on what's going on in the Rp. Also, no shows until we get a Ringmaster.
Kids these days should just Quit life and become Zombies.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aro
Member for 9 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Welcome To The Family Cirque

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:53 pm

I'll post up an intro for Victoria later tonight in the Cages. Any suggestions at all post them here, even if your profile hasn't been approved yet just start talking here in the OOC thread for now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aro
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:03 pm

I posted a character sheet for the Ringmaster. And I made him into a she, seeing as you said that it didn't have to stay male - I thought it would make things interesting. I'm hoping on making her someone that's confident, commands respect, looks down on the weak, strict...etc, but not overly cruel. Not to say she's gonna be sweet and kind and everyone's going to love her. She's still meticulous, making people redo their routines over and over, and she is mean, but not vicious or always angry. If you get the meaning? But anyways, I left the last part blank. I'm kind of not sure how she came about. Is she in on everything, or is the Ticketmaster the only person that knows everything that's going on? Would really appreciate your input. (:
don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars.

Reianna
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Wow, you got the Ringmaster down just how I wanted her to be. I'll have to change the gender in the intro thingy but yeah. She sounds perfect we'll develop her more as the Rp goes. She is in on everything. She is the boss of the circus and the Ticketmaster is simply there to make sure that she, or anyone else, doesn't go overboard. You can have her interact with the Ticketmaster if you wish but I'm mostly reserving that character for "scaring" some sense into the other characters and picking out new talents at the shows.
Hm... shall we start in the main tent with everyone practicing for their acts then? Also, since we are seriously lacking clowns we can use them as NPC's. Yeah, now that I think about it that may be the best way to get everyone to interact. What do you think?

Aro
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Oh, okay. I was thinking the Ticketmaster/Ringmaster relationship was different. So she's the boss over everything and is the one that forces everyone to stay? Does she really answer to the Ticketmaster, then?

That's as good a place as any to start; and guess we could ahead and begin. But I think for the RP to really take off we need a few more people, maybe some more guys? But I don't know, haha. Whatever you like.(:

Reianna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:28 pm

The Ticketmaster doesn't do much. He's more like a silent guardian that looks over the circus. In the end he only wants what will keep the cirque alive. He picked the Ringmaster and allowed her to become as powerful as she is. They are connected but if he feels that she is abusing her powers or if she is putting the cirque at risk he can and will step in. He doesn't take orders from her or anyone but he's not against her... at the moment. Does that make a bit more sense?

Aro
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 pm

They both force people to stay. The Ticketmaster isn't human and has made the contracts bindings very literal. The Ringmaster also doesn't want anyone to leave and (hopefully for the sake of plot twists and side stories) people will sneak away from the cirque and the Ringmaster could send the Ticketmaster to "fetch" them.

Aro
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:43 pm

I would like to reserve the Magician please! :D
This is just in case I don't get him up by tonight.
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:46 pm

Ah, okay, thanks! If needed, send me a PM to inform me of any specific plot twists, sub-plots, or any information needed to run the cirque. If not, I'm just gonna kind of play it by ear. :) This is gonna be fun!

Reianna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:59 pm

@JokerofSpades: Alright no problem!

@Reianna: I'll let you know if I think of anything. But, yeah, I kinda wanna gauge where everyone's at for now. I'll be posting soon.

Aro
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelsiikhaos on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:24 pm

I submitted my freak and animal trainer. I was wondering if maybe my freak/werewolf could be one of the ringmasters favorites or something because he favors her. If not, that is fine. (:
La Dispute
It must be true what people say,
that only time can heal the pain.
And every day I feel it fade away, but-

kelsiikhaos
Member for 11 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:35 pm

I was hoping that the freaks would stay at the bottom of the barrel but this could be interesting... What do you think Reianna?

Aro
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 am

So, I've posted. Have at it. Hopefully it's good... it seemed good. To be completely honest I haven't been to sleep at all since, like, 6pm yesterday. >.>

Aro
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angel51897 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:44 am

can i reserve for n acrobat nd a clown?

EDIT: jkjk, can i reserve for one of the freaks?

angel51897
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelsiikhaos on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:56 am

I posted as well. Since I am not aware about Ian being favored I have him in his cage.

kelsiikhaos
Member for 11 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:04 am

@Angel: No need to reserve a clown or freak as they're numbers are unlimited (for now). Go ahead and take your time and submit your profile. You'll get your spot. ^^

@Kelsiikhoas: Yeah... my brain just gave up on me. I'll stay on a but longer and see if anyone else wants to join (plus I want the others to post their intros before we move on), otherwise I'll post again after work tomorrow. ^^ Your post looks good though. You'll probably get a replay about Ian's situation tomorrow.

Aro
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:34 am

Submitted char, hope he wasn't too ambitious.

MaxStokes
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:11 pm

I think it would be really interesting if Shae had a favorite. All the other freaks would probably feel jealous, or angry or something. Which could spark some pretty fun side stories.(: So, yeah, I'm fine with that. I can't post now (on my phone) but I will ASAP!

Reianna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Okay, so I can post now. Are you going to change it so Ian isn't put in the cage; or do you want me to just post?

EDIT: Or, you can leave your post as is, and I can have Shae unlock the cage? So then Ian is held to the same rules, but Shaelynn breaks them for him, personally. So no one else is held accountable sort of thing. I'll go ahead and post, and when you get on you can tell me what you like best and I can edit it. (:

Reianna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aro on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:54 pm

@Maxstokes: Interesting character! ^^ I look forward to seeing what he gets himself into.

Aro
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!