Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

welcome to the year 2175

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

welcome to the year 2175

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby happy me:] on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:08 am

ALWAYS ACCEPTING
Welcome to the year 2175. The future's technology will sweep you off your feet! The Earth is fine, if what you say today defines fine. There are no more animals, because the government has decided that they are just useless monsters in today's society. There are no plants. Food is made through the food processor, a machine that looks like a microwave, a gadget that makes food tastier than it ever was, just by pressing a few buttons, it is able to serve you warm, delicious food. As a result, good food has lost its uniqueness. People now do not have eateries and there are no musicians except for the people that play the national anthem- no wait- the worldwide pro DGO- the developing government organization. The world is now one big country, which just develops… for the worse. The economy is always getting better and better, and everyone has contact with the modern world, there are no tribes because in the first place there are no natural vegetation anywhere in the world.
Race is no longer a problem. Everyone speaks modern English; no one even knows their race!
There is no problem with too little electricity. Around a hundred years ago, an energy source was found. It was so powerful, that the energy never runs out, it takes the energy from the wind or the sun to power it. No one has seen it, only heard of it. Nestled in the middle of a military headquarters, it takes control of all the electrical appliances wireless.
However, not everyone is happy. The government is too rigid and uniform in its ways: they were assigned to their jobs the moment they were born, every corner of the world has fixated security cameras, for “security” purposes. There are also tracking bugs which “fishy” people get shot with to track wherever they go and whatever they do. However, this is also the reason that people have not voiced out their protests.
5 years ago, a single man holding a banner saying “Give us privacy” outside the main office of the DGO was brutally tortured with lasers until he died. Five years is a long time, but long enough for people to remember. Since then, no one has dared to act...
Until now.
A group of people, the Protesters, has formed. Taking numerous covers around the world, they are forming a plan.
These protesters have a school. On normal days, they attend the 10 hour long courses. After that, they return to their “orphanage home”, which is actually a school to train these Junior Protesters (JP). Having the excited attitude of youth and the ability to be nimbler than adults, they form a huge part of the Protesters. With their incredible knowledge and abilities, they go on the great mission, to replace the current government with a democratic one. Their aim? To cut the power source, the only source of electricity the government has.

Rules:
1. No “I-am-invincible” attitudes.
2. When you start, please have only one character. If you want another ask me. This is to prevent a character from disappearing suddenly or being stagnant. Hope you understand.
3. Please keep romance short and sweet, PG-13. Nothing obscene.
4. Please try to interact with everyone in the role-play. I don’t want 1 page or more filled with the dialogue of just two people.
5. The usual rules apply as well
6. I reserve the right to do whatever I please in this RP including kicking people out... (which preferably i will not do)

Character sheet:
Name:
Code name (given that describes abilities, only for the protesters):
Explanation for code name:
Other abilities:
Years in JP school (only for jp. if adult Protester, write "completed course"):
Status (Occupation):
Personality:
Looks:
Bio/ Background:
always accepting!!!!!!

That’s all! Will create my own character ASAP!
Last edited by happy me:] on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
piecing back together the smithereens of dreams
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

happy me:]
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: welcome to the year 2175

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby happy me:] on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:45 am

Name: Kelly Lim
Code name (given that describes abilities, only for the protesters): Sugar Cat
Explanation for code name: Known for her sugar- tongued abilities, she is usually the talker, especially when the team is in trouble. She is a very good persuader and debater. Cat because she is very slick in her moves and can move quickly and quietly. Other abilities: She is very good in strategic thinking, a leader. She covers whatever the head Protester gives her to arrange for the JPs.
Years in JP school (only for jp. if adult Protester, write "completed course"): All her life. Refer to bio.
Status (occupation): Student
Personality: She does not use her gift normally for day- to- day things when it comes to talking and persuading for her personal gain. The encourager among her friends, she is fun, cheerful and bubbly.
Looks (please please include description ie words and a pic):
She has black hair and blue eyes, and ivory coloured skin. She has long legs and a petite frame. She stands at 160cm, and weighs 45kg, making it easy for her to hide and therefore the nimblest of the JPs. She is pretty, with wide eyes and pink lips, looking very innocent.
Bio/ Background: Her father, the founder of the Protesters, was the man who marched five years ago and got killed. Vowing to take revenge and give the people what they deserve. Her mother went missing not long after her father died. No one knows why Sugar Cat was still alive... yet.
Last edited by happy me:] on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightLady on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:48 am

DGO MEMBER
Name:Alexis nicknamed 'General Red'
Abilities:She fights witha katana,assassin style.She sometimes uses guns.
Bio:Alexis had been in the DGO for years and is now a high ranking general.She managed to mae it to the top because of her abilities to find out who are the protesters.She has caught many protesters in her few years in the DGO and thus,was promoted so quickly.Little is known about her past and her social life.She is nicknamed 'General Red' for she is always seen in red dresses whether she is fighting or not.She lost one of her eyes in a gang fight that happened many years ago and has been wearing an eye patch since.
Personality:Short tempered,fiery,cold sometimes heartless when she kills.
Looks:
She has long black hair which she ties up.She wears an eye patch over her right eye which had became useless because of a gang fight.She seemed to always be in red dresses some of which look the same but it's only because she has quite a lot of those dresses.She is seen,most of the time,weilding a katana.Alexis also rarely smiles,except when she manage to catch the protesters.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."~ Anonymous

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"~ Anonymous

NightLady
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElevenSeven on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:36 am

Very interesting RP. I'm in.

Name: Alexi Butler
Code name (given that describes abilities, only for the protesters): Sly Fox
Explanation for code name: Experienced in stealth, and deceptive at times
Other abilities: Can turn anything into a weapon.
Years in JP school: completed course
Status: Unemployed. When he's not spending time with the JPs, he is laying low in his apartment
Personality: Never loses his nerve, and is very charismatic.
Looks:Alexi

Bio/ Background:Alexi was born as an orphan and was quickly brought up in the protester ways. He constantly reflects on how the protestors opened his eyes. Any other details are unknown.
Image Image Image Image -My dragons

ElevenSeven
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinra114 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Name:Ben Bennet but most call him stooge for an old haircut he got that made him look like one of the people from an old show "The Three Stooges"
Other abilities: after getting a serious injury in his right arm his bones were replaced with one of earths most powerful metals and can now punch threw a brick all. H was also ranked top of his class for marksmanship
Personality: one of the more laid back and fun loving members of DGO and when he's in the flied he has fun with it and treats a lot of things like a game
Looks:Image
Bio/ Background: He was brought into the military at 14 and for six years he was trained and for the last five he has been a field man and security officer for the military's center base for electricty

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you were one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

shinra114
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby happy me:] on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Nice characters :] You are both in :] and night lady too!
Thanks Eleven Seven...
However, it would be appreciated if you do a few lines of descriptions about the appearance of your character. At this rate we can start soon I guess :]

Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby happy me:] on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:14 pm

Hey
I will be going on a trip that lasts about a week so I am sorry if I do not reply to posts during the 2nd to 9th of November. I will try to reply ASAP but meanwhile let's just wait for more players to sign up. I hope there are enough players by the 9th so we shall start the rp on the 9th.
♥happy me :]
Last edited by happy me:] on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElevenSeven on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:56 pm

happy me:] wrote:do a few lines of descriptions about the appearance of your character.

Sorry bout that.

Shaved head, although not quite bald. He always wears his father's jacket, which is the only proof of his existence. Always wears cargo pants, boots and half fingered gloves

ElevenSeven
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby happy me:] on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:06 pm

okayss thanks for describing :]

Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ultimate523 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:38 pm

I might join this. I've got no ideas for a good character though. Could I be neutral/no side?
"You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want."
Zig Ziglar

ultimate523
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:06 am

Name: Dominia Renardes
Code name (given that describes abilities, only for the protesters): Hacker
Explanation for code name: Dominia can hack just about any program and alter any software for her means. In this case, her talents are used for the benefit of the Protesters.
Other abilities: She can mentally calculate just about anything.
Years in JP school (only for jp. if adult Protester, write "completed course"): 2 years
Status (Occupation): Assigned to become an architect
Personality: Despite being a genius of sorts, Dominia is dense and naive compared to the average person. She isn't very perceptive of others, but she can follow orders down to a 't' which makes her very reliable. She is a music fanatic, and can be found with headphones at almost any time of day. Although she may seem a bit withdrawn at first, she's very easy to talk to and opens up with a little bit of encouragement.
Looks: Image
She has short, purple colored hair that is grown a bit longer at the front, framing her small face. Her golden eyes are curious, but she has learned the art of not attracting any attention to herself. She is slightly on the shorter side, 5"4', and is usually adorned in blues and greens and reds, with a loose jacket overtop.

Bio/ Background: Dominia's plum colored hair and odd golden eyes attract a lot of unwanted attention, mainly the government's, which resulted in Dominia gaining a tracking bug at one point in her life. She managed to physically capture it, and was able to reprogram it to send error-ridden data back to the government headquarters, thus gaining her privacy but keeping the HQ under the illusion that she was being monitored closely. She still has the bug accompany her everywhere for appearance' sake, but it's useless now. This was the reason why she was recruited into the JP four years ago, even though her official training started only two years back. She is a true orphan, having been raised by a former neighbor of her parent's until she was brought to the Preventers. All she has of her parent's is their photograph with their names scrawled in the back: Jenna and Jason Stalin.
Last edited by NadieQuerida on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby happy me:] on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:36 am

(Posting from overseas, might be only time this week)
Of course ultimate, whatever suits you, but you have to be a little unique so to have a story, and nadie is accepted :]

Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pann on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:10 am

Hey! This looks interesting, I hope this profile's okay. ^^ Nightlady, I hope you don't mind that I refered to your character in my profile. >_<

Character sheet:
Name: Adrian Shulin
Looks: Adrian Shulin is one of those people who has a consistent poker face. Always. Twenty-four seven. Three hundred sixty-...fine, maybe not 365.25 days a year, but close to that. He always has that soft, deceitful smile that no strangers and very few colleagues see through. He occasionally wear suits, but he tends to prefer a slightly less boring wardrobe. 'Course, with the world the way it is, it's next to impossible to find anything to his satisfaction. He is also one of those very few men in the world who actually cares about his daily appearance. He take care to maintain a clean cut image, wearing clothes that makes him look "smart," for the lack of a better term. He is careful to maintain his lean figure and his reputation.

Adrian also has a very feminine face. If one were to look at only a headshot of him, one might think he was actually a she. There is a rumor that Adrian once lost a bet with a friend and had to dress up as a girl for a day...and no one realized "she" was actually a he. His feathery and fluffy hair does not help make him look any more masculine either. As a matter of fact, between his relatively small hands (at least, for a man), lean figure, and the fact that he actually as a waist (and hips. He does have hips.) it's hard to imagine exactly how Adrian manages to pass as a male from day to day. Yet he does, so he must be doing something right...

Also: Yay picture!

Status (Occupation): DGO psychiatrist and profiler. He mostly work with people like the Red General (Alexis) to catch harder to find protesters.

Abilities: Adrian is a very, very good actor, mostly because he is incredible at reading people and thus mimicking personalities. He is something of a natural psychologist, able to figure out how a person's mind and body works in certain situations. Many consider him a genius, although he will humbly deny it, saying that he is merely very observant.

Personality: Adrian is, perhaps, one of the most frustrating people to deal with, even among his colleagues. While he seems very amiable and social, no one really knows what he's thinking. He's usually thinking about either his work or how that man behind the coffee shop is probably plotting to kill him and he should kill the guy before the guy kills him. Or something of the sort. Adrian can be quite paranoid and stubborn, and when that happens, most people know to just step aside and let his paranoia run its course. It's usually gone after a few days. Usually.

Adrian greatly enjoys reading, and it is rumored that he has read every book in the library, although considering that Adrian still seems to always has his nose buried in a book (or a strategy game, but mostly a book), this rumor is probably false. He's probably only read 80% of the books in the library. On the rare occasions he doesn't have a book, however, he tends to be observing the people around him. This DOES freak a good many people out. Not that Adrian particularly cares.

Adrian treats life as a game. He always has a soft smile on his face that his colleagues know not to trust. Adrian treats lies like a part of life, and he lies and acts to get his way. He is, usually, a very selfish person. He doesn't care about the DGO, he doesn't really care about the protesters, he only joined DGO because it was in charge, and Adrian likes working for the "top dog," so to speak.

He dislikes strongly violence, believing that violence is the barbarian's tool and that by this time, the government should be above such medieval and crud methods. The incident five years ago had set Adrian in such a rage that he was almost fired for giving his employers week of misinformation and sending everyone on a wild goose chase for someone who doesn't even exist. He was, as usual, able to talk his way out of getting fired, however, this incident did reflect badly on him and his information is usually taken to a second opinion now. Adrian himself still remains strongly disappointed in the government. It was perhaps the one and only time he did anything because of his own beliefs.

Adrian is the person who goes through life not really questioning anything. He doesn't live. He exists. He is merely there, fulfilling a role that was vacant. He simply does not care enough to start actually living. He works for DGO because he was assigned to, not because he believes it is a good government. He catches protesters because it is his job, not because he enjoys it. Whatever opinions he has he either doesn't care to voice them or he believes that even if he does voice his opinions, nothing will come out of it.

Bio/ Background: Adrian grew up like many other children in his world. He was born, assigned his job, then went through years of schooling to get to where his is today. After joining DGO at a young ago and successfully assisting in the capture of a small group of protesters with his skills, he was able to make a name for himself, however small, as one of DGO's top profilers. Of course, he can barely shoot a gun nor can he sprint for long distances, but Adrian doesn't plan on getting himself in a situation where he needs to challenge his rather poor athletic abilities. He is often called upon to work with the "police" to profile protesters that the police have difficulty tracking, or suspicious people who may or may not be a protester.
Last edited by Pann on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
To be an artist is to be able to create and recreate the world you see not just with your eyes, but also with your heart.

Pann
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby happy me:] on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:54 am

wow pann:] long description, i like.u r so in!!!!! XD
a ha ha ha i ope more people join soon...
(Posting from overseas)

Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pann on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:40 pm

=D yay! Thanks Happy! ^^' I think I went a little overboard, I tend to do that.

Pann
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel-k on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:37 pm

Name: Kay Treaila
Codename (given that describes abilities, only for the protesters): Fallen Angel
Explanation for code name: She can always find a way to get out of a bad situation with still having peace! (I will fix it later)
Years in JP school (only for JP. if adult Protester, write "completed course"): She has gone basically all of her life.
Status (Occupation): Student
Personality: Inside of school Kay is rather quiet. She never socializes with anyone other then members of the protests. Although not harsh; If confronted by another classmate will be as nice as possible until they decide to leave. While protesting though she can be very stubborn about what happens. (more or less can have a one track mind occasionally) But, she is also very wise and knows when she thinks that is as far as she can come.
Looks:Image
Has nice fair soft skin with brown hair that looks very light in the sunlight. She is one of the most petite people at her school.

Abilities: She is a skilled fighter in the art of swordsman ship. She can cut threw almost anything thanks to her Katana. Not once, has she ever seen something she cannot cut threw, and sees everything as 'breakable' because of that.
(is that good)

Bio/ Background: During A big protest when she was around 4, Her parents were killed in a trap set by the people against protesters. Although, they did not kill her in the process of massacreing everyone else. Now, for the past several years or so, it has been bothering her for why they would let their descendant live on unharmed physically. Now, she is living alone carefully waiting for any chance to protest in between school hours.
angel.
Last edited by Angel-k on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I <3 Cynoc

Angel-k
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Character sheet:
Name: Jack Reid
Code name (given that describes abilities, only for the protesters): Shooter
Explanation for code name: He hjas a talent for ranged weapons so they anmed him shooter because he was good at shooting.
Other abilities: Hardly ever misses a shot.
Years in JP school (only for jp. if adult Protester, write "completed course"): Completed Course
Status (Occupation): Protester
Personality: Generous, Caring, Calm and intelligent.
Looks: Image
Under his mask he has a white bearded and long haired face with blue eyes he is quite muscular but isn't really that tough whn it comes to melee combat.
Bio/ Background: He pretty much hated the world they lived in, so clean and perfect not the like the world before Dirty and wonderful. He wants to fight for that freedom that sense of being alive instead of just being another useless person in the most useless place. his father died when he was fifteen because he had cancer, Jack always carries around a small necklace in memory of his father which looks like the cross from the bible. He aso thinks as the other protesters as brothers and sisters all fighting for the sam mission of freedom. Sometimes you can find him in an enemy guard uniform persuading one of the other guards he is a new soldier and needs to be shown around before silently executing them.
Last edited by Jackarhius on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey doods, whas hapening I wus like, ow my fraken head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put soap in em :P - Gir - Invader Zim

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pann on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:02 pm

Hmmm...we should discuss how our characters relate to another. =D That'll make this really interesting.

Pann
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel-k on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Yeah I guess so

Angel-k
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightLady on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:35 pm

It's okay,Pann.Hey,when can we start?

NightLady
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!