Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Well met

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Well met

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nia on Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:20 pm

Hello,

I'm Nia. I have experience as a player and a game master of tabletop, forum and on-line chat roleplay. I stumbled on you by accident, and can't wait to get to know you all. I want to get my feet wet in a game as soon as I check out the rules and regulations, etc.

I notice that you're looking for ways to pick up your activity and so am I. After a few years away from running an RPG site, I was asked to leap back into the water, and I leapt with both feet, opening http://RPGConnect.net to help provide "game resources" and "site reviews" for players, and opening http://fateslabyrinth.net for people who are into chat-rp. These sites are VERY new, but they are filled with people from my old site. We opened the chat site, officially, at the end of June, then closed it for a week when I discovered I had to have a designated server. So we've really been open just a couple of weeks.

We're the friendly kind of people who think that it helps all roleplayers to network, and I'd love to link RPG Gateway to both of my sites, and in return, I ask that you link RPG Connect and fateslabyrinth whereever you do that kind of linking.
If you would rather not, and rather I not, that is fine. I totally respect that.

As to games. I generally play elf bladesingers. My main character started out as a level one table-top AD&D elf who worked herself with a lot of luck and support from other adventurers. I have a whole range of characters of various races and classes.

I have to give you folks credit. I have seen a lot of RP sites, but very few with such a positive, uplifting and "community" attitude that comes across on your forums. I can't wait to get to know you and to play with you.

If, when I get out there, my style of play or anything doesn't fit, please give me feedback. I am always looking for ways to improve my game.

Nia
Owner:
RPGConnect.net
fateslabyrinth.net

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nia
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Well met

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:41 pm

Well met indeed, Nia.

Let me be the first to welcome you to RPGateway, hopefully no one will beat me to it, else that means nothing and is a lie. :P

Firstly, I am in no position to say yay or nay in regards to any linking that you may want. For that, I would recommend contacting one of our brilliantly friendly Administrators. Although, it is Eric, who goes by Remaeus on the forums, and Hilde who are king and queen of this place. I am sure they will give you a swift answer. Contacting them via PM is likely your best bet.

Indeed we are a friendly bunch of people, and we aim to welcome new people into the community as best we can; and we pride ourselves on that - being an actual community. Not just here on the forums, but also on the Chat. I sometimes feel that, instead of being a community, we are much like a family. But perhaps that is me being a little sentimental. ;)

In regards to your RPing style, we are a Free Form Role Playing site, and as such, most methods of RPing are acceptable. The best thing to do is to take a look around, read a few RPs, and you will get a pretty good idea of how things 'roll' ((As the cooler kids might say)) here.

But, you know, most importantly... HAVE FUN!!

Peace

Lord Saladin
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Re: Well met

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nia on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:54 am

Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

I am generally a free-form player myself, so that bit of news is very good news. :)

Nia
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!