Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Well, some things around here are just classics.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Well, some things around here are just classics.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Well Gateway, it's been a long while.

Edge sets down his travel bag.

Life is a funny thing, you know?

Moves across a stage to pour coffee from set kitchen.

I've done alot of traveling and moving these past 18 months and I realized that I couldn't be without this place.

Drinks coffee and looks slightly grossed out by it.
Sets coffee down on table.
Cue lights to dim onstage.

Life's funny like that, I can wander the miles upon miles of internet communities,
join them and play there awhile. But it's like living from hotel to hotel.
None of them feel like home.

It's Hell.

Move stage right and turn back to audience.
Picks up bag and sets down on prop table.

But here. Here feels like home, not like those other places that
smell too much like paint and cholrine.
Don't get me wrong. I liked 'em well enough.

But, it wasn't here.

And I wanted to come home.

Dim all lights, one focus light.
Edge goes center stage,
stage hands pull back set and clear all props.
Back curtain drops.

So... I'm home now.

Will you take me back?

House lights dim and the house goes dark

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Well, some things around here are just classics.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Welcome back Edge.

I don't we ever met while you were with us here but your post is awesome.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:49 pm

Stands slowly, a moments pause before he begins clapping his hands.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Skall claps alone for a few moments

Rincewind rises and joins in

Slowly the entire audience rises to cheer for the returning hero

And to answer your question,Yes.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:56 pm

A newbie who happened to be walking by hears the sound clapping. Curious he enters the room and he sees people clapping. Deciding not to feel out of the crowd, began to clap.

He looked upon a man who says he is home, and looked curiously at the title.
GWC Veteran
He wanders over to someone, saying excuse me, he asks what does the title mean.
Injuries of the heart is the hardest to heal, for it actually takes time and will to embrace the pain, and be affected by it.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:11 pm

Nice to have you around again, Edge.

cheongzewei wrote:He looked upon a man who says he is home, and looked curiously at the title.
GWC Veteran
He wanders over to someone, saying excuse me, he asks what does the title mean.

Members who were around during a time long ago, before this site existed, that roleplayed alongside I and Remæus, and eventually help develop this place. (Though most have disappeared, either from lack of interest, or the interference of life).
AceDarkfire's deviantArt page
Former RPGateway Admin

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:51 pm

Knowing all too well the experience that Edge had described in an all too poetical fashion to her ears, she found herself reminiscing upon the place that used to be her home, a place she stayed for such a very long time. Upon the applause, eyes looked around with memory laced throughout watching the spectators yet join them she would not as clapping was never really a necessary gesture in her opinion, she appreciated moments a different way than most.

But she would stand along with the others, a smile all too bright on her face. She did not know this person and perhaps had never spoken yet whispers of a time when he was around were evident everywhere and his words, of course, were etched into this place for as long as it would stand against time. Wanting to yell out in greetings to this person she felt she knew but in reality knew nothing of, a breath was drawn to do so before it was merely released without sound... only that smile.

Even though she did not reach out to him with her words, she dearly hoped that he would find his answer in the gracious welcome that he was receiving by those attending to his return.

"Welcome home." Nothing more than a whisper, not even to be heard by those near.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:09 pm

"Welcome back."

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Everything in life happens for a reason, and for once it's a damn good reason. Welcome back Edge, and hopefully along with you we as a roleplay site can welcome back the spirit of old... Ahh i miss the good ol' days of this site... yeah i was a newb then, but i've come a long way, as we all have, and i'm sure you have as well. Kudos!

Claps along next to Skallagrim, while standing on the opposite end of the auditorium from Rincewind. After a small amount of clapping, the first rose flies from my hands, flying to its target

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Welcome home, Sir.

MEGAcya curtseys and offers a shy smile.
I don't believe I had the pleasure of meeting you the last time you were here,
But I'm glad to see you return.
And everything you say is, of course, true.

Unrolls a tattered map
Places it on the table, showing the vast journey she has travelled

I too have seen many places in my time rping,
and none have felt quite as warm and comfortable as this.
So welcome home.

Curtseys again and falls back to rejoin the rapidly swelling crowd, cheering alongside them.
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:19 pm

No. We won't.

Haha, I only kid. Welcome back, Edge.

((10/10 for the dramatic re-entry))
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odium on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi, Edge.

He's happy now. Or is death the end of the dream? Is it a failure of hope?

Odium
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Culex on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Strolling silently by, Culex takes a peek at the crowd of people seated in front of the stage. Still standing towards the back of the crowd, he leans on a wall in the corner of the theater, which shadows the top part of his body in down to his waist. He listens to the man, Edge was his name, speak of his exploits and watches as his words seem to mesmerize the very stage itself as the lights seemed to beckon at his every whim. As he spoke of travels to different lands and how none of them compared to this one, Culex couldn't help but a give a slight grin of satisfaction. Though not having been here long, Culex knew exactly what the man spoke of, as he himself had become accustomed to the caliber of people that called this place home and found it to be somewhat of one himself. As the man on stage stopped talking and the lights dimmed, Culex couldn't help but follow the applause that had been started by Skallagrim. After a few moments of applauding, Culex himself stopped, and decided to make his way to the door, but as he opened it he took one last look towards the stage.

Heh... Show-off.

And with a smile, Culex leaves the theater, happy that the man he doesn't even know had returned.
“I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!”

Culex
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:13 am

Standing on the stage, the traveler smiles, feeling wave after wave of affection and love from those who have long missed him and those who have never met him. Yet, their arms were open. Bowing low, the thief, who was so well known, pulls himself back up and raises his hand for silence. Waiting only a few moments, his voice softly reaches the ears of all who care to listen.

To those who know not my name

I welcome you

To my home....

My dearest Friends, who recall our time together

We will write a new chapters for all to look forward to....

Silently the thief moves to the very front of the
stage near the edge, the house lights
out with a single beam of light on him.

To those who have yet to come, I will say unto them

Welcome to Gateway

Welcome home.

Giving one final bow, the lights cut.

I want to thank all who’ve come to welcome me back into the community, I am overwhelmed with the love and affection that I have been shown since coming back. To all who have yet to meet me, I am looking forward to improving with you, besides you, as comrades often will.

To my old friends, I missed you all. Yes. All. Stop doubting.

Let’s raise some hell.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:46 am

The man with a massive blade wanders in, before staring at the man.. who has respected him, given him respect. He bows, before simply saying, "Welcome," not much for words.

Seriously though Edge, Its nice to see you back again. Lets make the internet burn up with your own fiery passion.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!