Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

What's so cool about you?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

What's so cool about you?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing on Tue May 26, 2009 1:36 am

Have you ever looked at someone, seen someone do something, or just plain heard about it and said to yourself, "Wow, that's pretty cool"?

Well hearing that makes people feel special, different in a good way that sets them apart from the rest of the sheep.

So what's so special about you? I'm interested to hear what people find cool about themselves and to be both shocked, amazed, and awestruck by their talents, achievements, or simple quirks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll start with me I suppose. (If you think this is my way of bragging about myself, it kind of is)

I am physically incapable of moving my right eyebrow. It all started when I was born with a twist of blood vessels in my right tempel that weaved in and out of my skull. Whenever I laughed really hard, or hung upside down blood would rush through them and for some reason cause my skin to swell into a little bump about the size of a half dollar. This got plenty of worried looks and WTF's in its time, and I was quite content to be called 'bubble boy' now and again just for the reactions I got from showing it to people who hadn't seen it yet. "Wierd..." "That's so cool!" and "EWWW!" Were some of my favorites growing up.

When the summer before my 7th grade year rolled around, I wanted to join the school football team. My parent thought this was a bad idea seeing as how football is a contact sport and the fact that I virtually had a few holes in my head probably wouldn't hold up to a head on collision. I don't remember all the details, but suffice to say we went up to Portland to get it removed (The braid of blood vessels that is) and the night before the surgery some doctors came into my room and told me that they could get most of it out with the chance of the whole thing growing back or just take out everything in a 3 inch diameter of my temple and be rid of it for good.

Why not?

So they took out all the meat on the right side of my face, cut out the section of my skull with all the holes in it and totally replaced it. You can still feel the screws. Also I have a totally sick scar from the top of my head down to the top of my right ear.

~~~~~~~~~~

So that's it for me! Paralized right eyebrow for the rest of my life. What about you guys? Anything exciting about you or your life? Did your great uncle happen to invent sliced bread? Did you write a book we can check out at our local library? Go ahead and feel good about yourself!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: What's so cool about you?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Tue May 26, 2009 3:06 am

Well, what's special about me is that even though I'm only 19 I'm the author of a published novel with two sequels planned and in the works. Another as-of-yet unpublished author is also working on a spin-off for it. So yeah, that's about it. So far, reviews are 100% positive, so my hopes are up for future releases.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Tue May 26, 2009 7:19 am

Me?..hmmm.... I'm the only one of my friends who states that:"Gears of war's 'insane' mode is just casual with a different name."

I also co-invented the Sockies.. [search it on youtube. Funny stuff.]

uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm starting to make a name for myself on RPG i guess. My roleplay's havn't had any negative feedback.:P

also, i can move both my eyebrows... up 'n' down. you know.

And i can move each of my ears either at the same time or indepentantly! :P It's fun.

That's about it really.

GhaKha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Tue May 26, 2009 10:43 pm

I pride on having developed my English to the point it screws with my Spanish occasionally. I should mention Spanish is my first language :O. Umm... I like how I'm a good teacher when it comes to sciences, it's what I've heard from others and I'm not willing to debate it, haha. I don't really have any quirks as your own, but I pick up stuff quickly, like techno dancing and role-playing. (I was a one-lining-Suethor starting out, few months later, I think I've improved a good deal.)

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing on Tue May 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Ha, nice. Yeah I have a lot of respect for someone who can master two languages.

A book? Awesome, what's it called? Maybe I want to check it out sometime. I wish I could apply my time to something that productive, not to mention profitable...

Could you post a link to sockies? I tried looking it up but got a lot of different stuff.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Wed May 27, 2009 12:12 am

Here is me:

I have written three stories, all which have one first place in a state contest.

I taught myself to play the piano and guitar while being taught Saxophone and Flute.

I knew how to talk at the age of one.

I'm in 7th grade and do math and english at a senior/college level.

I have written scripts for two movies (I plan to be a Producer ;) )

I read the whole Twilight Series in around a week.

There is more to say except I can't think at the moment....I'm tired Tired=Brain dead

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Wed May 27, 2009 9:08 am

I'm green.

'Nuff said. ;)

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed May 27, 2009 9:44 am

Hmm well currentl I'm writing at a Manga and I hope it will make lots of money so I can make it into an anime. I am a skilled martial artist and a fourth degree black belt. I play piano,drums, Organ, and I'm starting Violin soon. I use to play the flute and trumpet.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed May 27, 2009 10:39 am

I am green and I wear Kilts.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed May 27, 2009 11:00 am

I'm green to...

I've nearly died twice, possibly three times

I've broken 16 bones in 21 years

Ermmm I taught myself to play the piano.

My parents live just outside St Tropez and know a lot of important people.

I've worked in Australia and this summer I'm going to work in Africa

I was born in Germany, and I've lived in Paris and travelled all over Europe.

That's what makes me cool!

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Wed May 27, 2009 11:20 pm

I feel down graded *sigh* Put who can argue, you guys are (mystical voice) green (echoes in distance)
And Skallagrim wears kilts which makes him even more amazing O_O

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing on Thu May 28, 2009 12:49 am

Oh, green! I get it now! Wow, I thought you guys were being cheeky until I looked five inches to the right about 15 hours later.

D'oh!

ouch, 16 broken bones? Bummer. Closest I've ever gotten to breaking a bone was hyper-extending my left elbow until it popped in and out of its socket during a football game. I wasn't even tackling or anything, I just sort of fell over and folded my arm backwards. Oops!

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Piggytheunicorn on Thu May 28, 2009 7:06 am

awh. The things that would make me cool are things I'm planning to do very soon... right now i'm just a pretty snappy dresser and procastinator.

I do have a cool scrapbook and a design book. I also have a few illustrations for a story i was going to write, but it's going really downhill.

Piggytheunicorn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GuiltyPleasure on Thu May 28, 2009 8:42 am

I feel I have to add this, even though it pales in comparison to all of yours. I could read at age three, not just tiny little things I mean full on novels. I always thought that was fantastic until I read everything you guys can do. Don't I just feel a little bit misguided now.

Oh and I suppose I've always prided myself in not being able to study yet still get marks in the 80's. But still nothing like you guys, just WOW!

GuiltyPleasure
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Make.shifty on Thu May 28, 2009 2:24 pm

I have curly hair, and the meaning of my name is 'curly-haired'. I was a suicidal ten year old and I can do that weird thing where you moonwalk without moving. Not to mention, I've had about ten people come up to me, without me asking them a question at all relevant, and say that the first time they met me they were a bit afraid..honestly I'm not that spooky, though I suppose I can be at times..

Make.shifty
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Thu May 28, 2009 9:20 pm

You guys are too amazing, I need to add moar stuff to compare; even then, you can't beat green, kilts, novels, morbid amount of broken bones and all that >.<. On reading... I could read fully from about age 5, meh. Talk at age one, too, I think. I can recall as far back as 3 years of age, which no one I've met so far can, you guys probably can though... Oh! The no study bit! I do everything but I don't study, so far I have a near-perfect grade average. Roughly a 9.90-96/10 this semester ^^.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud_Homewood on Fri May 29, 2009 1:57 am

my turn

i have taught my self swordmanship at the age of fourteen.

i have about 3 novels going on right now that i plan to finish and have published by the beginning of next year.

i have played every single final fantasy game there is out there, even the ones that never made it to america.

i am becoming the youngest mananager ever to work a mcdonalds(19 years old.)
The perfect world is one where there is no one to wage war or to commit sin,and is ruled by no one, for it is human nature to wage war for power, to commit sin for pleasure, to rule for control
Guardian Angel(IC no RPers needed)Read and Rate!!!!!!!!

Cloud_Homewood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elessidil on Fri May 29, 2009 1:15 pm

That's got to be the first time I've ever been asked that question...Let's see, let's see...

-I never got anything below 100 in school until sixth grade.
-The right side of my ribcage is flattened out from falling about 12 feet straight down on a bike (I was 11, and I for got to pull up, okay?)
-I can make my eyes vibrate reeeeeeeeeally fast. I like to get right up in my friend's faces and shake them. Their reaction is always funny.
-I was the only senior in my class who decide to write my final paper as a Naruto fanfic. The proofreading session was interesting. One of my classmates turned Itachi into Itchdquab...XD
-I live in VA, but I'm in the Navy, so I'm chillin out in Palma, Spain right now. We're going to Greece, Italy, Bahrain, and a load of other places before December.

So yeah, that's about it for me...Mad respect to everyone for their listed talents. Oh yeah, and kilts=awesomesauce(period)
Paddle faster, I hear super robot ninja coyotes

(14:26:37) todd_sweeney: What's your malfunction, buddy?
(14:26:51) Connor: Too much cocaine, not enough sleep.
(14:27:10) todd_sweeney: XD OMG, you actually just said that!!

Aawwww...I wanted to explode...

elessidil
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:35 am

Lets see here.....

i have 17 separate skull fractures,

broken both shins,

shattered my right kneecap,

was shot just below my right knee in basic training,

and have been stabbed in the back 1/8 of an inch below my left kidney.

I'm a serving enlisted member of the U.S. Army slated to deploy later this month to Iraq.

I was a practicing weaponsmith at the age of 12 and continued until my Forge was stolen from my farm during an extended absence.

I'm 20 years old, turning 21 one next month and i own all three of my vehicles outright as well as a house with 18 acres of land.

thats pretty much all i can think of at this point.
Crush their dreams, Destroy their hopes, Break their backs.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TrueLovesFirstKiss on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:44 am

...erm. I made all region my very first year of choir...I...came out to my parents when I was 12...that was scary. Er, I just recently stuck my whole body in a rubber band and way able to get it all the way from my toes to my head then off. I got higher then a 3.5 gpa, that made be happy because I got an award for it. Omg! I got kicked out of a band the first performance I did because I did ssssssooo bad haha XD . That last part makes me so cool.
...And the truth is.
I rather Argue with you...
♥Then to Kiss anyone else♥

TrueLovesFirstKiss
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!