Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

What gets you through the day

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

What gets you through the day

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyouko on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:47 am

I've been thinking a lot, and i've been wondering for everybodys lives...what gets you through the day? Is it a person? An animal? An item? A game? A dream even? What gets you through the day, and if it's a person or an animal or any of that, name off how they get you through the day and how you feel about it when they aren't around or there to necessarily get you through the ady,
These tears are not crying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyouko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Who gets you through the day

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Mine is my best friend, Diego. When I manage to talk to him, it makes me forget all about the troubles I'm going through right now. He makes me feel better than anyone else in my life. I feel lonely when I'm not talking to him, and can't wait until I see him. Well, him and my son.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Well my wife gets me through the day.I wake up everyday and thank God that she continues to put up with me...LOL. Seriously though I am very grateful for my wife, she balances me out quite well and as a team we face the increasing challenges that are thrown at us.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:48 pm

My best friend and substitute brother. He's a great guy. Almost everyday I turn up at his place freakishly early and we eat breakfeast together. He puts up with my random acts of stupidity and has even saved my life one or five times. (I have a stupid habit of running out in front of cars driving at high speeds.)
He doesn't mind that I'm sometimes a horrible person. He just acccepts my decisions and tell me to fix my own problems instead of bothering him.
But then he always says that he'll help me out anyway.

You know what? I think I'll call him and say thanks.

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:12 pm

...I get me through my day. That seriously sounds like codependency to me, relying on another person. If you mean what helps me, then I'll tell you it's my folks that pay every damn thing I use, mainly 'cause I can't work when I'm studying 10-12 hours a day. Yeah, it's not only the dough, they're real kind to me too. The people at the institute I took a course, uh... My friends, food, the hour I take from my day to play soccer, music; all of that and a ton of smaller things help me get through the day.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Fine line there Safisan, in a marriage it is both people helping each other through the day. If my wife has a horrendous day I will listen to her, and if I have a bad day she does the same. We are a team and it is both of us working towards our common goal as a married couple and a family, providing for our children so they can go to school, and only having each other to discuss important issues that the children need not know about. Ask your parents, if they are honest with you they will tell you it is the comfort with each other, knowing that they do not have to face the challenges alone that comes to providing for their family.

Having someone there for you, someone you can count on through thick and thin is a great comfort and one I would never trade.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commander_Caramel on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm sure something does, but since I stay up until 1:00 every night (Gee, so healthy, amiright?), I'm not sure how I stay awake for someone to get me threw.
I suppose.....my significant other? Sure, there we go! :D
http://extremeclay.deviantart.com/- My DA. Please take a look at my stuff ^^

"Indeed, the one who was here is gone; but as long as there is one memory, in one mind, his presence has not left."

Commander_Caramel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: What gets you through the day

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:46 pm

On a normal day, it's the thought that I will have accomplished something worthwhile and that others can appreciate, whether it be a list of chores completed, posting on a roleplay, doing an essay or something as simple as watching my friend's daughter for a while.

On a bad day, the thought of seeing my partner and friends and getting their comfort if I'm not with anyone at the time of badness is what gets me through and if I am, just the idea that I don't have to be alone to suffer.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Re: What gets you through the day

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 am

I brainstorm about what I plan on doing with my RolePlaying characters, or I simply write things out in my head, which is pretty fun to do, despite the fact, that I never have a fucking computer anywhere near me at the time.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!