Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

What Once Was Home/Photograph

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun May 14, 2006 7:12 pm

As he neared the bottom, he watched as each of the people entered. The only one he really recognized was Zhelir. His eyes narrowed on the blonde. He was the one that was giving off the mental pressure. Kiyoshi was sure that he wasn't a super soldier, even if he could sense some sort of extra-mental capabilities. They certainly weren't on his level, but he did keep his hidden. No reason to let anyone know that he was here...yet.

Reaching into the inside pocket, Kiyoshi took out an early model }{G communicator. He hoped it still worked. Sliding a small switch to the on position, a smile came across his face with the sight of the tiny red dot. The unit Kiyoshi had was most likely one that Cloud had used a long time ago. After a newer model came out, it's original frequency would have been disabled. So, he wouldn't have to worry about any kind of problem from sending out a signal to Cloud's newer communicator. He put in the frequency '113' to send a message to Cloud.
"They're moving into the hangar now," he said quietly into the device, before replacing it in the inside pocket.

With soft, quiet steps, Kiyoshi kept to a slow stride as he made his way towards the hangar, making sure he was out of sight.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Sun May 14, 2006 8:45 pm

Eros strolled, along with the other passengers from the shuttle he had disembarked from, into a massively large hangar. For a brief moment, Eros tried to compare the size of this hangar to the one on the Graystar.

Graystar... he thought. I wonder what happened to them.

Eros took in the dark surroundings, his eyes quickly adjusting to the darkness. The darkness was a welcome relief from the harsh sunlight of the desert outside, though the heat was still almost unbearable. Suddenly, he felt something...something out of place... It was just a flicker...but it had definitely been there.

Another Newtype? No, I gotta suppress my powers.

Eros tried to take his mind away from his senses. He tried thinking about what was about to transpire. He tried to think what role he would wind up playing. He tried to figure out what he was going to so about the G-3. He tried thinking about Laura Starus, who he would never see again. But no matter what he tried, he couldn't seem to shake his sense of unease. He decided to risk telling Zhelir.

"Zhelir," he started, trying not to make the }{G official mad, "I know you said not to use my powers, but something's wrong. There's another...another..." Eros stumbled, searching for the right term to use without seeming like a lunatic, "Newtype here. I only felt it for a second, but it was such strong, real feeling."

OOC: Okay, okay. Sorry. Chill out. I took what Kiyoshi said the wrong way, Sorry. I thougth the meant that there were others there as well and he only recognized you. Not to mention that from prior posts, I thought this might be a large scale meeting, and that you or someone said that black was the uniform hair color.

I changed it to say that Eros felt Kiyoshi briefly, but then lost the sensation.

OOPS! I read that first sentence dislexically, (did I spell that right?). I do remember thinking: "Why would a ship larger thatn Leviathon have only one room?" :D

I was thinking small passenger shuttle as being a box with a small, one seat cockpit, eight or so chairs, and outbord engine pods which would not require an engine room.
Last edited by Goth-3 Gundam on Sun May 14, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun May 14, 2006 9:04 pm

OOC: I don't know where in the hell you got that notion, being that in both Gundam Wing and in the UC Gundam universe, not even the military shuttles are that small.
Last edited by Zhelir Darkfall on Sun May 14, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Sun May 14, 2006 9:36 pm

The message sounded, given barely a batting of an eyelash as Cloud placed his battle scarred hands against the couch. Sleep, what a brilliant neccessity for the human body. Although, it had also been the downfall of many....somewhere down the line.

Nevertheless, Cloud lifted himself from the couch to stand beside it. Giving a quick look over his recently changed attire, he believed the plain white tee, coupled with his boots and blue jeans was enough. No need for him to dress up these days, no need at all.

After the brief checking of his appearance, Cloud dropped his right hand against the brass doorknob, and that same nostalgic feeling began to sink in. Turning his head, Cloud drew in a sigh as he cast his eyes over the various remnants of days past gone. And there it was, just as it had been when he first took control of the Hangar, that same damn feeling that he always had when he left for a mission. That simple pulling at the heart of what would happen......If he didn't make it back...

The gentle turning, the creaking hinges of the opening door, all should've been enough for the heavily trained soldiers of }{G. He didn't have to question if they did though, even if a casual glance of someone's peripheal vision came his way, everyone was watching. Yes, watching, waiting, questioning, and wondering why they'd all been summoned by someone who was thought long dead from some previous uncharted encounter.

But, that wasn't the case, and any shroud of doubt that someone had was soon dashed away as the long haired former leader of }{G stood in the open doorway, his hands in his jean's pockets and those soft green eyes ever attentive.

"Well, i'm glad all of you could make it. Questions, save them. We'll be handling this discussion in the Meeting Room, i'm sure most of you will vaguely remember it's whereabouts. If not, follow me."

Simply turning away, the greying soldier spun atop of his right heel, directing his walk down a barely lit and dusty hallway to cease at the 'Meeting Room". Typing in a quick series of didgits at the side panel, the double doors slid open against their almost rusted shut tracks, revealing the former air tight and nearly impenitrable room, just as they'd left it.

Years of rot and decomposition had no effect upon it's furnishings, due to the air lock. Filtering out everything that would've torn the place to pieces, Cloud was very proud of at least keeping that in tip top shape. Stopping at the end of the table, Cloud took his seat at the head of the table, what had always been his seat.

He may have relenquished his group, but he'd be damned if he gave up his seat.

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun May 14, 2006 10:12 pm

Zhelir gazed vacantly at the darkness, hearing Eros' words but not particularly taking surprise. It had been an odd day thus far, why not throw in another fucking psychic?

"Kid, from now on, if you've got somethin' important, a question, or even a tiny little thought that you might think I care 'bout while we sit in this hangar -- just let it go."

He hadn't spotted Cloud -- hadn't even been sure anyone else was here -- from his position aboard the Viking, but he had heard him, and it had been enough. He gathered himself and left, motioning silently for Belle to follow. He caught one fleeting glimpse of the sun setting on the desert sands. He'd forgotten how incredible it looked, to see it set in the rocks with nothing to impede its power. He used to think of it as a metaphor for }{G.

He still did.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon May 15, 2006 2:15 am

When the door creaked open and Cloud stepped forward, for that brief moment there was nothing but silence. Sinful looked up and gazed upon the old }{G leader, silently staring towards him. A slight drop of satisfaction washed over him as he became certain that this was indeed Cloud before them all. Sinful pushed off the wall and followed the rest of the group in after Cloud towards the "Meeting Room." Just before exiting the hanger, he paused a moment to look back towards the main exit. The sound of the wind blowing could be heard cutting through the air with a whistle. It seemed Mother Nature was getting irritated.

Sinful entered the "Meeting Room" and took a seat on Cloud's left side. The chairs were just as comfortable as he remembered them. The perfectly preserved room brought back another wave of nostalgia as memories from years passed clogged in his mind. Indeed, many victories and conquests had started here in this very room.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Mon May 15, 2006 9:28 am

Eros followed Zhelir and the others into a room that sported a large conference table with comfortable-looking chairs. Compared to the other part of the facility that he'd seen, this room was nearly immaculate. As he slowly lowered himself into one of the chair, being careful to tuck his trench coat beneath him, he eyed the old, tough-looking man that, he thought, may even be Zhelir's superior.

For a fleeting moment Eros thought he felt a brush against his mind. He started to reach out to find whom it had come from, but stopped, lest Zhelir feel his probes and shoot him on the spot.

Eros sat calmly, waiting for what was about to happen...

OOC: I was thinking of the launches from MSG, except with wings, stronger engines, and ceramic tiles to survive re-entry.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Mon May 15, 2006 9:05 pm

Belle was startled by what Zhelir had to say; she had never seen him like this, and didn't know how to react. She didn't know what to say, so she kept her mouth closed. For a moment after he rose, she sat, debating whether to follow or not. Finally, after weighing the choices in her head, she stood, following at a short distance.

As she stepped out, she gazed around the desert area. The heat added pressure to her chest as she breathed in the scorching air.

Still at a considerable distance, Belle followed Zhelir into the Hangar. Her eyes having not adjusted to the darkness, she stopped just short of bumping into Zhelir before quickly backing off. She stood completely still, barely breathing, as she heard him move. She didn't know exactly which direction he was moving, and, therefore, wasn't even going to attempt following.

She had no idea how long she had been standing there, but she was beginning to regret her decision to tag along. She had almost felt like an intruder, getting in the way of his nostalgia. She made a swift motion to the right, quickly finding the corner, and took a seat. She made a soft sigh to herself as she pulled her knees into her chest, crossing her ankles, and resting her chin upon her right knee.

Shortly after, Belle watched as best as she could as Eros entered, rambling about there being another Newtype around, and as Zhelir seemingly brushed it off.

She then followed once more as Zhelir headed across the desert, their destination being the "Meeting Room".

OOC:
Sorry 'bout the delayed post, I've been busy/lazy.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Thu May 18, 2006 8:44 am

Miyumi stayed close to Eros as he left the shuttle and found the room where everyone else was waiting. She was in awe at the base, it looked like something out of a book with all the dust and the memories it was clearly invoking in those who had been there before. She looked around for Sinful, but didn't see him. Then she heard it, the voice of a man who had ruled }{G, the voice of someone who was only a legend to her. She had no idea what it meant by the Meeting Room, but she followed. She marveled at the mechanics of the airtight room, but not so much that she lost what else was happening. She waited for everyone else to find their seats, and then she gathered her courage as she sat with one chair between her and Sinful, as sitting next to him would leave her too close to this unknown leader.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Wed May 31, 2006 3:48 pm

OOC: This is obviously stuck without TJ. I'm not around often enough to contact him. Anyone know what happened to him or is there anyone who can contact him to get this thing finished up? I kind of need my character right now to handle things elsewhere in the RP...

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:28 pm

OOC: Anyone tried a pm? I saw him around a couple times after I posted... he may just be a little lost...

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:53 pm

OOC: I've talked with him. He's swamped right now and when he has free time he'll make a post

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:45 pm

OOC: Yes, swamped. Several wars, plus the evolution of a clan. Go figure.

IC

The seats were taken, seats that had long been absent, now replaced with what was left of the old, and even more of the newer generation. Yes, the generation, something to speak of in the coming moments, something a bit closer at hand than most likely any of them could comprehend.

Yet, there was a problem, a proverbial 'monkey wrench' in the system. A system that was far too important to him than to any that now cast their eyes upon him. And it was the survival of that system he would strive to protect, by any means neccessary.

"First of all, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your presence. Although, i'm quite sure that some of you lacked much of a choice in the matter. Never the less, welcome.", a grand welcome, the least he could provide for the current peers around him. Though much more was to come, and this was less likely to become a congenial discussion of current events and turn more into a fiery argument upon the decisive measures meant to be taken for the prolonging of a soon dying breed.

"First off, let me introduce myself for those of you who may not have had previous associations with me. My name, at least the name I was known by, was Cloud Strife, the leader of one of the most formidable forces throughout the known galaxy. Of course, most of you would know of }{G, else your presence here would be unneccessary, although I get the feeling that some of you have no place at this table. Perhaps we will further discuss upon that in a moment."

"As for now, i'd much rather question the current alignment of }{G and it's placement. I hear...unsettling things, things which could possibly draw me back to the battlefield and perhaps place me at the front line.", the words flowed as easily as he planned, no interruptions at all. Good, it's not that he would hate to be forced to shoot someone down before they barely had the chance for their turn to speak, but it was now his turn an no one else's.

"Sinful Soul, I believe that's correct. "General Sin", well, hopefully you won't hold it against me if I refuse to give you such a title in this room. Here, you're not the leader of }{G, you're barely a single tinge in the back of mind. Rude? Perhaps, though it could most definantly be worse.

To put it simply, I did not design nor create this group to give backing to leaders who have such ideals as you've had. Slavery, destruction, all meaningless to you, but to the person at the end of the blade nor whip you possess, it's a great deal more than that. I don't see you as the head of }{G, and I state it here plain and clear. Although, I might have a friend who could stress upon the current affairs a far bit better than me, and I do believe he should be arriving soon.", and that was that, all he had to say for the current moment. With his hands easily blending their finger's reach together in a gentle clasp, he reclined against the cushioning of the seat as a breath of air fills his smoke ravaged lungs.

And that stare, that piercing jade eyed stare, failed to fall upon any of the occupants of the table. No no no, that stare fell upon the doors of the meeting room, simply awaiting for that soldier's inward step before the fighting would begin...

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:05 pm

Continueing to make no sound, Kiyoshi made his way towards the meeting room. As he got closer he could hear Cloud's voice, though somewhat muffled, it still command attention, just as it always had. As if on cue, he placed his right hand on the door handle, grasping it tightly before turning it to open and walk in. It was one of the few times anyone other than those he felt closest to, would see him without what was once one of his most priced possessions, his sunglasses.

"I'm afraid that the rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated," he said coldly, looking at the faces in the room. Some of them he knew, others he didn't. Feeling the slight twinge of mental pressure again, he narrowed his eyes on the male that he had no recollection of. Scoffing slightly, "So, you're the one I felt when you landed here. You're not one of them..." With that, Kiyoshi stopped hiding his own extra-mental capabilities. He did something he usually chosed not to do, and made sure to force his own pressure out against this person's mind, forming the words in this persons head, "You try to stop me, you will regret it."

Giving him one last cold smile, he turned towards Sin. "...Unfortunatly, for now, I have other matters to deal with. General Sin, this is the first time we've met in person, but you should recall my voice. Who knew, three years from now, I would regret ever answering an old relic. Yes, I'm talking about you. Currently, the Colonies, from what I have gathered, have once again have heavilly fortified themselves with mobile suits, well atleast the ones you managed to regain control of. Those that remained in opposition of your rule had to purchase mobile suit forces from Einhardt R&D, which..." As he had talked, the smile had faded, but it had once again returned, "can out class all of the older designs that you have chosen to use. This makes me believe that you have some sort of ace up your sleeve."

"Three years ago, Kaden warned me about you. That was when he, Zhelir, and myself left your colonies. Soon after, he lost his life. The reigns of }{G were then left to me. A grand task, one that I did not really want. It wasn't until after someone, who in a short amount of time became one of my closest friends, was buried in the ground that I found the man that could give me the strength to carry the }{G into victory." Kiyoshi turned to look at Cloud for a moment, before casting his cold eyes on Sin again. "I vowed not to let neither the Colonies or the Earth fall into the hands of corrupt men."

"Myself and others formed the Trinity Alliance, and fought against the FRE Faction and Followers of Lowe. It was my hopes that my vision for the world would come through. That both the colonies and the earth could live in peace, but because of men like you...that can never be."

"Now, once again, the man who gave me strength has forced me to return to being a man I once was. A man who cannot die until he has finished his mission. I'm going to put it simple "General" Sin...the colonies will cease militirization. The current mobile suit output should be well enough for general defence. You will withdraw your demands against the Earth, and a new peace treaty will be made. Otherwise...you won't be alive to sign any peace treaty when the war is over."

Silence filled the room as Kiyoshi finished. It was almost clear at that moment that it was true that Cloud's DNA, though somewhat altered, ran in Kiyoshi's veins. These thoughts, didn't enter his mind, however, his focus was clearly on the matters at hand.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:41 pm

Eros watched the procedings, taking in every detail.

Sounds like a major gloryfest, he thought.

After a few moments, the man who caled himself Cloud Strife seemed to beckon for another person. Sure enough, another man entered the room.

That...that...that's him.

"You're not one of them..." the other Newtype said.

You try to stop me, and you will regret it.

No...he's not a Newtype...what is he?

Time seemed, to Eros, to slow.

Stop you from what? Eros shot silently to the unknown force. I don't even know who you are! I don't even know what's going on here.

He's incredibly strong. I've never met anyone like him...

Time resumed its normal course. And the powerful new factor resumed his speech.

As Eros listened, things seemed to begin to lock themselves into place. From the small amount stated thus far, Eros started to form theories...

They sound like there's about to be a war...colonies rebelling from Earth...outclassed MS...unsteady peace treaties...Will I have to fight again?

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:54 pm

When Cloud-Strife introduced himself, Miyumi realized he must be the leader Zhelir had talked about before the trip to Arizona. Being not all that great at reading people, all she could tell was that something was off until he made his dislike of General Sin known. That shocked her to the core. She had been given the impression that General Sin was the accepted leader of }{G, and she had believed it. And then Kiyoshi entered the room.

This man had a presence that not even Miyumi could miss. She found herself at once in awe of him, and felt completely out of place.

I don't belong here. These are great men, who are trying to determine the course of the world. I only fix mobile suits... but I can't leave now.

She decided to stay quiet, and hope no one noticed her. Especially when she found General Sin, the person who had brought her here, being pounded.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:10 pm

So Kiyoshi wasn't dead, after all. Not entirely surprising, but it did give way to a rather interesting thought: could Kaden possibly be alive, as well? Even Derek? What was important now, however, was not who was alive and dead, but making sure the facts weren't blurred for the sake of politics.

Zhelir, knowing it was Sinful they expected a response from as opposed to him, climbed to his feet, letting his knuckles fall to the table and knock lightly, in order to draw attention. He glanced from Kiyoshi to Cloud and back again.

"I s'pose I ought to welcome th'both of ya back to the land of th'livin', but t'be honest, I'm thus far not real happy about its results. Ya both seem to be relatively behind on th'times -- granted, ya both been six feet under 'til just recently.

First, lemme give you my personal recommendation, here. I don't know how Sin feels on the matter, but I think the best thing to do with this guy -"
he paused and jerked his thumb in Eros' direction "- is t'tie him up and throw him in one of the exhaust ports for the shuttles. Guy's a fuckin' spook. Damn near got killed a good number of times on L04 with his presistance to use them powers'a his to try to escape.

Second, Kiyoshi, lemme point out that we've made no aggressive moves against Earth in a good long time, and I've not been informed a'any plans to do so until they pose a signif'cant threat to the colonies. Right now, we're workin' on liberatin' the remainin' colonies from enemy control. I don't think it takes much beyond common sense t'understand that the colonies're at best peace when they're all under one rule.

I really don't see any problems with what }{G and SIG have commenced in doin' as of late, nor do I see any problem in continuin' to boost our mobile suit production 'til the threat on L03 is eliminated."

He rounded off his little speech with a second glance from the two of them, before pulling himself back into his seat across from Cloud.

OOC: 'Pologies for the jewed up text, didn't reread it after I posted. Also, I'm gunna go ahead and cut out those OOC-only posts from earlier.
Last edited by Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:40 pm

Kiyoshi's smirked shifted towards the young man that Zhelir was refering to. He kept quiet, letting Zhelir finish. As usual with dealing with anyone, he took in Zhelir's words, trying to read into them.

"That man's extra-mental capabilities are similar to those of the super soldiers. When I first sensed him, I almost believed that he was one of them. However, he is not. I'd imagine that his abilities are natural, but they are of no concern to me."

He began scanning the faces of those in the room, continueing on. "L03 as well as L05 have both taken on the GAIAZ government, an organization, who until Sin's government began once again producing mobile suits on a large scale, had but a small mobile suit force. Furthermore, as I have stated...I have seen the list of demands to the Earth, made by YOUR government. If you have a mobile suit force, ready to fight what you see as a threat in the colonies, that can easilly be directed towards this planet, and I'm afraid that I cannot let that happen."

Kiyoshi stood to his feet, taking a few steps before turning his back to everyone in the room. "There's only one person in this room, who can possibly understand my views. He and I are both...creatures...we were never meant for this world. We were created by scientists, with dreams of success, fortune, and power. I see the Earth as what was once a beautiful place, but do to the destruction caused by a race, supposedly created by god...I wonder, are they too not suited for this world? The colonies represent the achievement of man leaving the cradle, and walking on it's own legs. They've created their own worlds, and they have created their own life, weapons like Cloud and myself...and my brothers. Does that mean man has now become God?"

Slowly, he turned around, shaking his head and laughing for a few moments. "Zhelir, you should remember what Kaden told us. What Sin wanted to do. You knew Kaden better than I, but atleast I haven't betrayed him. That man will do nothing but soil the name of }{G. A proud legacy, that I cannot...will not...let it be tarnished."

He placed his hands on the back of the chair he was sitting in. "I have made my own demands. I don't know about you, but I have vows to keep. I will not let the earth or colonies be held in the vile hands of evil men." With that, Kiyoshi sat himself back down into his chair.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:25 am

OOC: Sorry for the delay in this post, I have been busy. See my post in Dante's thread in the L01 thread for more details, or just message me.
[EDIT]By the way, I decided to make this post more worthy of the time I had been gone.
General Sin pressed his elbows against the table and locked his gloved fingers together to rest his chin on. If there was any sting to the Ex-}{G leader's words, it would appear as though it were a redundant fact. He was however slightly surprised as to who the was chosen as the replacement, as he was almost certain the other obvious choice would have been Zhelir. The discussion on the "Newtype" seemed distant to him as his importance suddenly diminished. It was clear this meeting was far less than what he had expected. When Kyoshi had finally finished his speech, he stared towards the table for a brief few moments as if contemplating his thoughts in the dead silence. He slowly slid his hood back to rest on his neck and reveal a rare site save for those closest to him - or those who once were. His darkened eyes were immediately placed on Cloud.
"Cloud Strife... The name sounded with glory once. Maybe to you it still does, it did to me till just now. Just now, until I realized something that I should have anticipated. After all these years the thought would've never crossed my mind, but now I see you're merely the shell of your former self. The Cloud I knew would never make such a rash decision. The leader of }{G would never have gazed at merely the surface of each conflict. No, the one who's name resounded through both Earth and Space untainted would never betray their most loyal servants who risked their lives time and again because they hoped... believed in peace. I am deeply saddened to see my old leader and trusted friend in such a miserable condition. My, death has changed you. To have cast someone like me with as much passion for peace as anyone aside like some piece of trash, the shame - Not to me, but to you. I suppose finding someone "like" you outweighs the many times more experience Zhelir and I have had with Hell's Gundams. That's fine, you take }{G where you want. It is yours after all, not ours.

Just let it be known that this same corruption you speak of is found many folds more in your new leader, and it seems it's spread to even you. But I will remain loyal to the true concept of }{G, and I will strive for peace. I will not betray the Colonies, as they depend on me to guide them towards the road for peace. The barbarics you speak of, what was it? Slavery? That is a scar on Earth's history, but never found under my government. I strive for perfection and maintain the balance needed for security and provide the ability for Colonists to enjoy a worry-free environment. Safe from rampant disease, safe from outside wars, and safe from corruption. The evils you would normally find on Earth do not exist in the Colonies I control. However these practices have been found in the GaiaZ governments, as word has reached our intelligence centers saying their leading politicians were coerced into agreeing to GaiaZ's rule. My increased militarization has been used solely for defense to respond to both Earth's and GaiaZ's continued force. Due to my three years of absence for reasons that will remain unnamed, research in military advancements have fallen behind Earth's maximum capabilities, and I assume the same for GaiaZ. Our only remaining defense is to build forces to overwhelm the these better prepared forces in case of an attack. Unlike you and your apprentice, I will not leave the Colonies weak and helpless against enemy attack. I have reason to believe that GaiaZ run by an organization based on Earth, and I must be ready to face forces from both locations. If the two Colonies were seized by force, it would justify an attack on my part to those colonies to free the enslaved citizens. These things I had expected the brilliant tactician I had known my old leader to be to understand as pure logic. I suppose I expected too much."

Sin's eyes switched their gaze towards Kiyoshi.
"And yet, a corrupted and misguided mind fueled by a "Super Soldier" arrogance tries to preach to me about never letting the Colonies fall into the hands of corrupted men. If protecting my home goes against your policies, I'm proud to find myself discharged from this blasphemous organization. Though what a disgrace it is for those many brave warriors who fought and died for a shot at peace in the name of }{G. I find it a gross insult to have my integrity put into question after serving honorably under the }{G name for so long. It is because of people like me that the Colonies even exist. I was the one who fought for the Colonies three years ago to defend our homeland and give those citizens a better life than what they found on Earth.

I have welcomed an Ambassador from Earth to the Colonies, and I regret not being there to welcome her as I find myself stuck here wasting my time amongst corpses. The "demands" made by my representatives were far from outlandish and were approached in a much more practical manner. They ensured the safety of the Colonies and promoted good will on both ends. It also allowed for future possibilities of trade and increased commerce. Our only major concern was their increased military output which had caused us to respond in a similar manner. By reducing this fear of insecurity, I have opened the pathways to total disarmament in the future. If I were truly a tyrant, I would never have even considered the use of an ambassador, let alone peace propositions. As a result of our discussions with the Earth's ambassador, we have already progressed to a Non-Aggression Pact which is mutually binding. Unfortunately your inexperience prevails in these matters and sheds foresight on what is to become of }{G. }{G's legacy is already tarnished."

General Sin paused for a moment and looked over towards Miyumi, then the Newtype. A genuinely disappointed appearance cursed his face.
"These two I had brought as a token of good will. You've already met the Newtype, who I thought might be of some sort of use to }{G. Miyumi, an excellent engineer who has provided increased production in mobile suits, fixed system networking errors, and improved our training programs. Naturally she has been a crucial element in our R&D and I thought she would be a useful addition to the }{G family. It seems }{G's ideals have changed and I regret wasting their time to come here and see such a pathetic display.

But it seems the decisions have already been made without us, and there is nothing I can do or say to change the fact. All I can do is mourn those who died in vain as I'm sure this will lead to nothing but war. After all this hard work to maintain peace who would've thought }{G would be the one to bring it all down. I shall be the one to cleanse this world and space of your corrupted kinds and not let you infect others with that hate I saw burning in your eyes when you walked into the room, not even sunglasses would hide it."

General Sin slowly raised himself up from the table. Once he stood, his eyes met Cloud's in sorrow, then Kiyoshi's in defiance. A gloved hand withdrew what was once one of the most treasured and respected items on Earth and in Space, The }{G Communicator. His gloved right hand clenched into a firm fist, crushing the plastic casing and snapping the basic circuit board and antenna. The crushed remains fell to the table out of his hand. He then turned and walked out the door, speaking to Zhelir and Miyumi briefly as he did.
"It's up to you two to decide which side to join and what to do with that Newtype. Be cautious of what you reveal to your enemies."

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:38 pm

Zhelir sat pensively, taking in both the words of Kiyoshi and Sin. It'd taken all his might not to throw a chair at Kiyoshi for his demonstrated ignorance, but he'd restrained himself, and in turn, allowed Sinful a much more stinging rebuttal. He knew where his loyalties were at, and he intended to keep them as such.

He rose, intending to follow his leader out. Before moving from his spot, however, he looked back to Kiyoshi, his emerald green gaze hard and cold.

"How far you've fallen from what we once were, Kiyoshi. You speak on the colonies' turning on Earth as though we were some enemy, and not once companions. You know goddamn well that wouldn't happen, not 'less the Earth turned on us first.

And have ya forgotten that I thought the same as Kaden did at the time of 'is death? I believed Sin to be another tyrant as well. But unlike you, I was forced to live life on the run, you having abandoned us in a feign of death. Earth and the colonies wanted my head, and the only allies I had were the three men aboard my ship. Durin' that time, I thuoght about why exactly we had turned and left the colonies. There was no point, in short. Sin'd done nothin' wrong. His taxes and such mighta seemed extreme, but we were in a time of war, and we were puttin' heavy measures against enemies just marching to our doors.

I say this because you seem t'think peace will just happen if we throw our guns down and don't do shit, and that's just dead wrong. You may be fine with the colonies losin' their abilities to defend themselves, but I ain't. I was born on the colonies, and I lost a dear friend fightin' for the colonies."

He sighed, turning to Belle to help her out of her seat. As he did so, he spoke. While not facing Cloud, it was evident his words were intended for him. "To you, I'll always be loyal. However, while you're allowin' this guy to pour his misguided views inta your head, my only choice is to believe you've been, for wont of a better term, brainwashed. When you've regained your senses, I'll be in touch."

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.