Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

What Once Was Home/Photograph

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:19 pm

Sinful's words rolled off his tounge with a bit too much elegance, perhaps a practiced speech of some sorts. Did it fuel the fire within? Of course it did, this man sitting here, making claims which had never been true in the first place, and attempting to drag the legacy which he'd worked so hard to create through the mud. Anger couldn't quite specify the emotion he felt at this moment, this was more along the lines of homicide, yet he refused to make such feeling evident.

Even as the man crushed one of the latest designs of the communication, by his assumption, since he'd been gone far too long from the helm, it took a tightened grip on the arm rests of the chair to keep him from rising to strike the man down where he stood. Yet, he'd said his piece, and with it's ending he rose to storm out.

A rather childish manuever, stating your lies then running away before further conversation could be made. This was along the lines of much more than rudeness, this downright burned his ass'.

Even after he'd left, Zhelir's uplifting from his own seat, following his 'leader towards the door, caught Cloud by more of a suprise. From his own readings of the previous engagements of battle that }{G had waded through, it seemed that this man, Zhelir, would've had more of a level head to him than follow Sinful. Ah well, there's always someone to follow the first jumping off the bridge.

Even as he spoke, he controled his tone, proving this man's well thought out attempt at successing his leader's words with his own. And that was it, that was the line. As he lifted his form from the chair, his arms flung it backwards behind him with enough ferocity to render it splinters as soon as it'd touched the wall. Dropping his hands atop of the table, he scooped the remnants of the once greatly hailed technological symbol of power that Sinful had so mercilessly disposed of.

With it's pieces carefully in the cup of his left hand, he neared the door, stopping only for a moment to place a hand atop of Zhelir's shoulder. "One moment, i've a few more words to discuss with you. Hopefully you'll excuse me, a bit of an important matter to handle.", his own tone was calm, though there was also something in his voice that gave off a bit more of his feelings than he'd anticipated.

With his forwards steps through the door dragging his hand from the shoulder of Zhelir, the middle aged man paced himself to catch up with Sinful. Issuing the same hand that had once found amicable placement against Zhelir, now grasping the same shoulder of Sinful to spin his form about with enough violence to temporarily daze him.

"Tsk tsk, you can't rush off too soon, I believe there's a bit more than needs to be said. Yes, my name may have been dragged through the mud a bit, but that was by MY choosing, problems that i've faced in the past. A former shell, perhaps, though still close enough to state my thoughts to my former group.

So, let me start off by saying that in your blunt ignorance you've misinterpreted everything i've said. Completely understandable since you seem you lack the ability to comprehend what powers you control. }{G is not my clan anymore, it's your's. You do what you see fit with it, I only brought you here to discuss things. Instead, you spit out your rant and then run away before any of us can have a say in the matter. That's your first mistake, }{G was meant to be a conglomerate of voices and ideas. It's not for one person to rule over, it's for one group of people. Perhaps that could explain your inability to understand what's being said.

As for your words with the Earth leaders, did you think that escaped my grasp? I may be old, but I still hear quite well, and a few things especially pinged my interest. You expect the Earth to pay the colonies so they won't attack? There's no possible way for you to make such claims an attempt to lead }{G. }{G has always been a protector of the people, yet I believe this has somehow passed over your head completely. You're attempting to take seventy-five percent of the planets weaponry just because you don't trust them!

In older times, if the government came to my house and told me that I needed to relinquish all of my firearms to them, yet that I could keep a five inch dagger in the house. I would've shot them where they stood, simple as that. Yet now, you make these claims, you express the 'Colony's' worry when it's not theirs! It's your's! You're afraid that your placement can be overthrown because you simply can't sit down and attempt to discuss a peace treaty.

If you actually took a look at the Earth, you'd realize that the independent Einhart R&Ds which would most likely produce them for both battle fronts! Yet it's another topic that seemed to escape your grasp. As to how you became leader of the Colonies, i'll never understand. And you say my ideals are blurred.

An you dare to call us corpses? We weren't the ones hiding out when the shit hit the fan, we were the ones that stepped to the front line before you could even walk. So don't you DARE come in here and attempt to talk to us as if we're something different than what we've always been. If we've changed, it's only in the realization that we have no placement amongst the people of Earth or the Colonies, that we were meant for battle.

Although, battle cannot provide a prolonged peace, only momentary. And if you think that issuing blantant demands to the Earth will simply ease their ideals, then you're wrong, damn wrong. You will most likely be met with force, something you should've realized by now.

Plus, you think you know me? You act as though you've stood on the battlefield with me through countless wars. I believe you're sadly mistaken, 'cause if you held the ideals that you wield now, you would find no placement on my side of the battlefront. So, that's another mistake you've made. Here, I tell you what, since you've already misjudged us and mistook our words....}{G is under your command, not mine, not anymore."

Dropping his hand down towards the left wrist of Sinful, he snaps it upwards, allowing his palm to face his own hand. Turning it over, he allows the remaning pieces of the communicator to fall into his hands, more as an example of the current state of }{G than the returning of a lost trinket.

With his inability to shade his facial expresion of sheer infuriation, he turns away from the leader. Stepping away, he issues a deep inhale, attempting to disperse the remaining violence built within. As his steps drew him further away and back to the opening of the door, he turned his attention on the three standing in it's opening.

"Future, Zhelir, Ma'am.", he hesitated before bowing lightly before her, then reclaimed his wording, "I believe there are things that need to be discussed a bit further. Zhelir, I do hope you will join us, even though i'm sure you've just heard my encounter with Sinful."

Granting a nod to them all, he steps past them, a gentle shake writhing it's way up his spine as the remaining angst continues to vent. Dropping his palms atop of the table, he raised his head, glancing about to the two still remaining seated.

"Will you two be joining us as well?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:42 am

OOC: I wrote my last post late at like 1 or 2 AM, I guess I made Sinful's dialog a bit too wordy. I'll fix it with this post.
General Sin was about to make his way out of the hanger when he was violently turned by Cloud. His own temper was reaching its limits, especially as he was being lectured to, but he knew better than to let it flare uncontrollably. His wrist was grabbed and he was surprised to see the remains of the }{G comm find their way back into his hand. He endured the rebuttal for it's duration as he stressed to remain civilized. His thoughts were simple, as he knew all the energy he put into explaining himself would be futile.
"}{G a conglomerate? Maybe 5 or 10 years ago. It's evident that the Colony's interests are not adequately addressed with the current }{G ideals and therefore I have no business here. I left because I had been disgraced enough and I have more important things to do with my time than sit here and try to defend my integrity. Call me ignorant or whatever else you can think of, it doesn't matters. To defame my role in }{G and cast my loyalty and service to }{G as substandard only goes to show how easily you've betrayed your most loyal members. It's clear the only way to prove my passion for peace is through success, and success alone whether it be with }{G or not. Obviously methods of trade, commerce, and resource management are overlooked by your clan. Don't automatically assume that methods you don't understand are tyrannical demands. Sustained friendly relationships with Earth promote demilitarization on both sides, not just one. Apparently you have not seen the reports the Colonies have made on sightings of mobile suits and possible large mobile suit manufacturing plants in Asia. Earth is so heavily populated with weapons that losing 75% of their mobile weapons would hardly be noticeable."
Sin let the remains placed in his palm fall to the ground after his wrist was released.
"I don't need your broken clan, give these tainted pieces to the true tyrant in that room over there. Your decisions obviously have been made in haste."
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:48 am

For what wouldn't be the last time, Kiyoshi wished he still had his sunglasses. The dark shades would have helped prevent anyone from seeing the look of anger on his face. He couldn't exactly remember what the first instinct was, other than it involved killing both Zhelir and Sin, but he was glad he knew how to keep himself in check. He watched as Cloud took the matter into his own hands, but his words troubled him, and this was something he could not hold in.

"You're letting him have it!?" the words came out as he got on his feet moving towards his mentor. "You know what he'll do with it...your legacy!"

He stepped away, holding his tongue, and trying to hold in his anger. There were very few things Kiyoshi still cared about. One was a girl somewhere on a ship, hundreds of miles from here. Another was what essentially was his home, his upbringing. When he had taken the reigns of }{G three years ago, and when he awoke from his coma, learning that he had been declared dead, he had hoped that would have been the last chapter of the }{G story; to go out in a blaze of glory.

He returned to his chair and closed his eyes. If he couldn't hide the pain filled green orbs, he'd just keep them closed. As he tilted his head, his brown hair fell forward, he slowed his breathing further, but no matter how much he tried, he couldn't calm himself. He felt betrayed, and suddenly empty, more so than he did when he had awoken from his coma.

Then Sin spoke his final words, tossing }{G away like the broken remains of his communicator. Wasn't that what Kiyoshi had wanted. Shouldn't he have felt relieved? The truth was, he didn't.

Kiyoshi knew what would happen soon. Soon, he would be labeled a rebel; not that he had not been one before. That had always been the case. It was the puppet trying to cut its strings. There would be reports that the former leader of the rebel organization, the Trinity Alliance, was in fact, still alive, confirming the suppositions of many. It would then most likely be stated that he has joined forces with the Earth and had plans to attack the colonies; which would only be half true. The reasons why such plans existed, those would be left out, on purpose of course.

Exhausted with himself, he opened his eyes, the cold icy glare falling on those in the room before looking out a window. He felt himself torn in different directions.

In one, he could leave right now. He could let Kiyoshi die once more, and become Ethan Teir. Live the rest of his life as a test pilot, perhaps with Lori at his side.

In another, it was the fear of disappointing the one person he looked up to. Cloud was like a father to him, and in many ways he was. The very thought of disappointing him, which he was sure he had done on a number of occasions, was painful.

In another, was the thought that he was betraying Kaden. Kaden left Sin's government, taking }{G with him for good reason. He had never fully understood it, but he trusted him. When he had died, Kiyoshi had made his vow, to not let his death be in vain, and while, at the time, the enemy had shifted from Sin to the FRE and Followers of Lowe, he saw this on the same level.

His mind circled around these thoughts, sitting there, staring out the window, waiting for Cloud to tell him what to do next. He had obviously had failed at whatever Cloud had intended for him to do, and someone he saw as a war buddy had just accused him of brainwashing his mentor. Though...he did say that Zhelir had betrayed one of his best friends, which was probably just as low of a blow. He didn't know if Zhelir would stay or leave, but he knew he had to make one thing clear.

"I didn't abandon anyone with my 'death'. It wasn't something I planned. It wasn't me running away again. If I could have returned right after I crashed the Iness Hell, I would have. I lay helpless in a hospital bed for an entire year. I had severe trauma to my head and was in a coma. Everyone thinks I abandoned them. That's not the truth. No...that’s not it at all. The truth is, everyone abandoned me, but unlike some people...I don't blame them for it."

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:29 pm

As the only two people she knew in this place made ready to leave, Miyumi was in a state of confusion. She had gotten a completely different idea about the state of }{G than what she was seeing here. She watched and waited, trying to figure out what she was going to do. She did not know these people, but she saw the one called Kiyoshi attempt to hide his pain, and she thought she saw a glimpse of what she herself had felt while gaining experience on Earth. When he spoke up, she made her decision. Her raspy voice that didn't match her young-looking body was quiet, but it carried.

Cloud? I am a mechanic whose worked on everything from mobile suits to gundams to transports. If you'll have me, I'd like to be a part of }{G.

Fully prepared to be asked to leave, she had her hand on her computer bag, ready to shoulder it if she had to.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:22 am

Hearing the girls voice, Kiyoshi turned his head to look at her. Cloud had been right, about how a person's eyes show so much. He still wasn't comfortable with letting people know that deep down inside he was just a traumatized child stuck in the body of a genetically engineered super soldier. He then turned to look at Cloud.

"I still don't know what your plans are, but I don't want to have to rely on Einhardt R&D alone. We could use someone like her." He tensed up for a moment, thinking that he hadn't made the appropriate choice of words. "Used in the sense in that the only people we have left that could work on our mobile suits, that I know of, is you and I. We're probably going to have to be piloting the majority of the time...so someone with mechanic skills could be beneficial"

What probably came out as a desperate attempt to prove to those in the room that he wasn't some war mongering monster, was really Kiyoshi trying to prove to himself that he was something more than that. He glanced at the girl once more, he recalled that Sin had called her Miyumi. "Miyumi, I hope you realize what you are getting yourself into. Cloud and I don't want to put anyone's lives in danger, but that's what typically follows us."

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:01 am

Miyumi looked at Kiyoshi.

I served for one of the small factions on Earth during the previous wars. My life was in constant danger then. I thought all evil stemmed from earth, but the colonies came from earth, so they share in the history of violence as well. I thought peace would have to come from the colonies, but it has to come from both, doesn't it. I may build machines of war, but I wish for peace like everyone else.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:18 am

He shook his head in disagreement. "You are correct, in that true peace has to come from both sides, however, that is never the case. Peace is just a false sense of safety. The next conflict is always just around the corner. It's in the nature of man, more so in some than others. You will always have to pick sides. It is how humans are."

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:48 am

Miyumi smiled sadly.

I do not expect peace. I simply hope for peace between the large powers. I won't get caught up in the hope and hesitate to do what is necessary.

While she was talking, she glanced at Sin to see his reaction to her defection. She knew that he probably knew too much about her, but she was just as sure that this was the right course to take.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:30 pm

Eros idly watched the outbursts going on around him with silent awe.

What the heck?

The men all seemed to think that they were in the right, and that the others were in the wrong. As Zhelir rose to leave, Eros released the hold he had kept on his Newtype senses. He relaxed, and released a very quiet sigh.

He kept to his own thoughts for a few moments, Kiyoshi and Miyumi's discussion barely registering on his mind.

"Sin is trying to enslave the colonies?" he randomly asked Kiyoshi. "Ooh, sorry," he said as he realized that he was interrupting a conversation. "So, who's the 'bad guy'? Earth, or him? As tired as I am of fighting, I will fight to keep both the peoples of and space free from anybody who would have them enslaved."

With his last statement, Eros fired off his entire memories of his military participation to both Kiyoshi and Miyumi. He focused his mind into a precision force, meant "for their eyes only".

He sent his memories of training, the memory of his first battle, his love for Laura Setarus, the pain he suffered at the loss of his friends, and the rage he had felt as he sought the revenge he craved...until he realized that vengeance would solve nothing. Most of all, Eros tried to give the two natives to this time the mass amount of confsion he was continuing to feel in this universe in which he was a stranger.

"I'm sorry...but I thought you should know. I have no reason to trust either of you. For all I know, you could shoot me on the spot," he said to Kiyoshi. "But you have at least the same mental capacities I do, and you," he said to Miyumi, " are probably the only means I have to get back my Gundam."
Last edited by Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:52 pm

Kiyoshi felt Eros's memories, while often tragic, Kiyoshi just shook his head. "Things could always be worse, kid. Trust me on that." He gaved a smile that was the opposite of it's true nature. It was Kiyoshis vain attempt to hide his own pain.

"Who's the bad guy? There hasn't been a 'bad guy' in some time. The last possible person to fit that description was a man known as Lord Winson. However, he is now dead. There are others, but they've been in hiding, biding their time. From what I know, they don't have the means to be of any problems directly to the Colonies, or Earth itself. Though, that's at this time. I'd imagine that we will be labeled the enemy in the colonies, and Sin's ability to persuade the masses...well...they'll most likely agree to it."

Kiyoshi gave a slight nod towards Cloud. "Cloud too has the capabilities that you and I have, however, outside of the extra-mental...powers...he and I are much different compared to you. We could do far worse than shoot you."

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:25 pm

Miyumi absorbed the memories, and filed them away beside her own painful ones. She flushed a bit as his idea that she was the only one who could get his gundam working in this universe, but quicly quieted it to hear what Kiyoshi said.

We could do far worse than shoot you.

There are things worse than death... A flash of her training came to her, but that same training brought her mind straight back to the present. What does he mean by far different? Does he think he isn't human? Hasn't he seen the horrors fellow humans have inflicted on others in the past? All these thoughts were carefully filed away for comtemplation later, when she could get a chance to meditate over exercise. For now, she needed to know if she was accepted into the ranks, and who in the room was friend... and who might be a worse enemy for having once been ally. She opted to stay quiet, and continue to watch and learn.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:46 pm

Turning his head towards Miyumi, once more, he had heard her thoughts, though it was more of an after effect from being opened towards Eros's memories than a concious effort. "No, I don't believe I am human. I don't know how Cloud views us. I don't think I belong in this world. I'm nothing more than a science experiment gone wrong, a failed attempt at perfection. Humans aren't genetically engineered in labs. They aren't built from tiny bits of DNA, adding things here, ommitting things there. Humans aren't born in labs with no true mother or father. They aren't trained the moment their brains begin conciousness. I didn't learn how to be "human" until my teens, when I realized what I truley was."

He looked at Eros. "People from wherever he is from, probably see his abilities as a gift. They're next evolutionary step. Myself? All these abilities are simply to help me kill more effeciantly. Ever since Cloud found me, I've tried to make myself be something more than what I was created to be. Yet, I'm becoming more and more certain that I'll never achieve that goal."

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:12 pm

Miyumi flushed a bit.

I'm sorry you heard that... but you're right about one thing. Humans aren't created in a lab, they're created by living their lives. It's the experiences we've been through and the way we react to them that count, and as far as I can tell, you're as human in your reactions as any of us. Look in the past, I'm sure there have been people who were created the natural way who have done worse things than you have. They were human, though many don't like to include them in our ranks.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:32 am

"No, that was my fault, no need to appologise," he said shaking his head and taking in her words. "I only wish I was more positive than you are."

He went silent again, lowering his head, and making sure to keep his thoughts to himself.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:13 pm

Eros carefully pondered Kiyoshi's words...

Created in a lab...I've heard of such things...but I never gave them credit... Eros thought to Kiyoshi. Eros reached out for a connection, a way to understand Kiyoshi's pain and his view of the world.

Whether or not you were born from mortal parents, you could still have a powerful destiny...even if you don't accept yourself as a human, I will. I fell what Miyumi said is true, how someone lives their life determines what kind of person they are...most anything they do will show their humanity...

Eros closed his eyes and let the tendrils of his thoughts expand. for the first time since the start of the war with Zeon, he truly relaxed...

"So...what happens now?" he asked no one in particular.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:26 pm

OOC: FYI: I need TJ to respond before I can continue.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:54 pm

OOC: Actually, Cloud left you standing in the hallway leading to the meeting room. I'll attempt to have up a post tomorrow, if you feel it's such a drastic matter.

As a side note, don't forget our tournament match we still have to finish. Tried to remind you today, guess you weren't around.

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:04 am

OOC: Sorry, my AIM has been acting on it's own lately. I've been busy much of the time though, working, sports, and now classes.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:09 am

OOC: Well whatever, my character is no longer needed here.
General Sin gritted his teeth in anger. He knew all attempts to pull his ex-leader to his senses were futile. His duties were above the goals of }{G now, he had a civilization to protect. He quickly yelled into the more towards Zhelir than Miyumi, though her defection seemed inevitable.
"If you're still with me, my friends, bring the prisoner with you. I have his unusual mobile suit after all."
Sinful turned to exit the hanger and walked towards his ship. He hastily entered his ship, slamming the door shut in disappointment, and pounded in a reverse course headed back the way he came. He took a moment to glance back towards the hanger, but cut his memories off before they could consume him. The past no longer mattered, only the present. His ship lurched up into the air and shot out into the upper atmosphere headed back to L01.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:14 pm

Miyumi hesitated a moment. Sinful's defection proved to her that she had once again misjudged someone's character. It happened just often enough that she was rarely sure of her ideas about someone, but she knew in her soul that }{G was the place for her. She looked at Eros.

He does have your gundam... but I still have the specs on my computer. He can't do anything with it until he finds someone to change the design. I have never actually built a gundam from scratch, but I have redone every part of a gundam...

miyumi
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.