Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What Once Was Home/Photograph

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

What Once Was Home/Photograph

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Tue May 02, 2006 8:55 pm

Wear and tear had taken it's toil against the ravaged form of the older pilot. The couch, nearly torn apart by age as well, was comfortable enough....Almost as it had been before, back when the thriving business that was once the }{G's base Hangar still prepared mobile suits. Always a price....Yes, there was always a price.

Pegasus came along....The price was the Hangar. Without the required manpower to keep it alive, the Pegasus took it's place, allowing his own former pride and joy to almost fall to ruin. Ruin, a rather harsh judgement for such a place of legend and memory. Instead, he was adequately happy, the Hangar had withstood the test of time by merely accumilating dust.

Upon his entrance, Cloud cast his gaze around the hanging remnants of such memorable mobile weapons...Scraps of ZeroScythe, pieces of the original Iness, not to mention a spare divider shield or two, all outdated. Yet the greatest pain of memory was the office, still lined with various pictures of pilots that had reached the end of their travels.

Heros and martyrs, all lining his walls, most of them gone...Except for him. He was still here, and maybe he always would be. Yes, that's it, he would always be here....If breath refused to enter his lungs, he would be here....Right here, captured amongst these various photographs.....Right here with his friends..

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue May 02, 2006 9:24 pm

He shifted the large truck into gear as he drove down the long open highway. Unfortunately, he didn't have the luxury of having a mobile suit that could just fly to Arizona. His mind couldn't get the voice of his former mentor out of his head. It had been over three years since he last saw him. Cloud had given him the strength he needed to carry on, to lead the }{G, Val's Caligo Umbra, and Zach's Defenders, to the end of the War of AC199. That Cloud, the one he had seen, dressed in dark robes, was a tired man. Not concerned with fighting out another war. Yet, here he was, or at least that's what it seemed to Kiyoshi.

As he drove he caught himself up on the events that had been going on. GaiaZ had gained control of L3 and L5. He had learned that Anubis had gone to L3 and rallied the people together. Much like Kiyoshi, himself, had done when the War of AC199 first started. General Sin had built up his own forces, and was planning something. By the list of demands he had given, it was obvious war. Something, the young man that Kiyoshi was, had grown mighty tired of.

He wondered about himself for a moment. Here he was, driving far off from the one place he wanted to be. He could turn around right now, return to the Fallen Angel's ship, and just forget about the world outside.

No. No he couldn't. He was just telling himself that. Kiyoshi shook his head. Rolling down the window, he took a breath of fresh air, the wind blowing his hair around, as the sun's rays were blocked out by his sunglasses. He couldn't let a man like Sin use }{G as his own personal military. Kaden hadn't allowed it. Neither would he, and he doubted Cloud would agree to whatever Sin was planning. Cloud had asked Kiyoshi to use the Iness Hell to bring about peace. It would seem that he had failed at that.

These thoughts occupied his mind for most of the trip. It allowed him to look at the scenery of the planet that all of humanity had once called home. He realized just how precious it was, and how so many took it for granted. As he crossed the state line into Arizona, he made up his mind. If this world needed defending, he would do it. He would again become Kiyoshi Kazami, leader of the Trinity Alliance. He'd have to get in touch with Val and Han sooner than later.

Pulling off onto an abandoned road, Kiyoshi knew exactly where he was going. He remembered just where the old hangar was. Cloud showed it to him the first time he had been brought to Earth. It was the earliest days of when he was brought into the }{G. He came to a stop, a little ways off from the large, old building. Stepping out, he jumped down to the ground below, and saw that the main door had already been open.

Under his jacket, he had an SW1911PD holstered, but he saw no reason to draw it. As he walked inside, his footsteps echoed in the near empty innards of the hangar. He noticed the remains of mobile suits, those of the original Iness Hell caught his eye. So that's where it went to, he thought. Seeing the light in the office on, he walked towards it, and stopped in the doorway. There he saw the figure of the man that he looked up to more than anyone.
"You know, you almost killed me back there," he said with a smirk, crossing his arms.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Wed May 03, 2006 7:05 pm

"I hear it's rather hard to kill someone who's already 'dead'.", dropping his palms against his knees, he lifted his form from atop of the couch. Arms extended, Cloud pivoted his body about to stretch the muscles of his back as he wished he could retain the once towering posture he'd had.

"I guess it' would keep you from getting old...It sucks. Pretty much setting your alarm clock for every time to have to take that oh so certain piss during the night.", turning towards Kiyoshi, locks of his golden hair straying across the light skin of his face from hair that needed cutting too long ago. Taking in a deep breath, he stepped before Kiyoshi, giving him the up and down glance as he surveyed the former child prodigy. "Maybe I was wrong...Maybe you already know what it feels like...."

Turning away, Cloud allowed his hands to shift down into the black jeans as he neared his former desk. Shifting about, he dropped his ass atop of it lightly as he faced Kiyoshi once more. "I'd really hoped you'd shed those glasses one day. If a many can't express emotions, how can he sway his ideals?", it was a good question, especially when posed to someone whom it applied so specificly to.

"Yes, that's right, you've still much to learn these days. Much that I couldn't...No, that's wrong....That I wouldn't teach you in the past. Things you must know, and I believe that if you had, would've effected your current position amongst the current ranks of the universe.", somehow he always had a special way with speaking to Kiyoshi, he'd never really been sure and neither had his student. Yet, that may not have been the case, he hadn't failed to acquire someone's attention, whether expressed in one way or the other.

Dropping his head carefully, his bangs swaying before those hauntingly green eyes, his form seemed to blur. With the dispersion of the lined image, Cloud was back atop of the desk, his posture changed as he investigated the newly acquired pair of 'glasses' in his hand, plucked every so softly from the face of Kiyoshi.

"I'm sorry, my young student, but these times aren't for hiding.", turning the specs about in his hand, he absent-mindly slid them atop of his face. Obviously not his 'look', he shead them back into his right hand as he turned his gaze upon Kiyoshi once more. "No, this is a time for expressing emotions, because they're the only things that refuse to lie to us. You must hold firm and express what you feel, what you believe...."

Using his left hand to push his form off of the desk, he neared Kiyoshi once more. Dropping his free hand atop of Kiyoshi's shoulder, standing face to face with him, his tone took a silent reprival, "And you must never forget your name. The Cobalt Spectre, the Prodigy of }{ells Gundams, my original choice for the true leader of one of the strongest groups present in the universe.....Kiyoshi Kazami."

Stepping past him, Cloud fiddled with the glasses in his hand, wondering how long he would be able to last without them....Placing them carefully into his palm, he tightened his grip about them, crushing them amongst his grasp before spreading their remnants in his wake.

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed May 03, 2006 7:36 pm

His eyes went wide as Cloud crushed one of the few items he treasured. At first he was angry at what his mentor had done. Those were certainly not his to break, but there was nothing he could do about it now. His eyes refocused to the now increased light, turning to look at the pictures that were on the walls.

"Just because I've 'died' a few times, doesn't mean I haven't aged." He let out a sigh, reviewing the former members, bringing back memories. "In fact I feel these wars have made it so I've grown too old. Yet, here I am...on the verge of having to be part of another, possible war." He shifted his gaze back to Cloud as he spoke. "There's a man, one who nearly corrupted }{G three years ago. It seems he is once again pulling the strings. I don't blame Zhelir for this. He's only doing what he thinks is right. Unfortunately, he has just added might to a war monger."

He gave a fraction of a smile. "You're not the only one that wants me to return to being Kiyoshi Kazami. There are a few others that want me to be who I once was. I guess your right. I do need to quit hiding. Not just my emotions, but who I am. Which means I better go wash this dye out of my hair." He shook his head, letting out a chuckle as he walked towards the door. Before he exited, he turned to look back at Cloud.

"There's something that still bothers me, why are you piloting again? When I last saw you, you had given it up. You officially passed the Iness Hell over to me, and told me to lead the }{G into victory. I figured you had finally found some form of peace for yourself."

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Thu May 04, 2006 10:24 pm

Cloud halted in his tracks, turning back once more to cast his gaze upon his former student. "Why have I returned to the dread of piloting? Adding more blood to these already staind hands?", dropping his head into a bow, he brought a gloved hand upwards to run through the length of his golden locks as a light chuckle escaped his thin lips.

"There is simply no place for a soldier such as myself, at least not in any type of civilian setting. You mean to tell me you haven't realized this yet?", shifting fully around, facing him once more with a slight hint of disappointment in his eyes. "Kiyoshi, we are not normal men, there is no place amongst these people for us!", raising a hand to point outwards amongst the desert plains, merely for show than specifics.

"All that we have left in our wake is nothing but broken bodys and hearts! The only thing that people like ourselves excell at is battle, and I can't live without it...", shuffling towards the remnants of the Iness, he placed a hand against it's warm steely texture, flooded with memorys.

"What i'm attempting to say is simple....I've gone too far, too quick....And it's not my place to say that a promising life isn't awaiting you in some lithe beautiful form. It's just....I can't.....I can't go back to that.....And I know, somewhere, there's that one battle that will wing me away from this form, offering ascention to a certain level of tranquility that battle simply will not be such a swaying factor in my mind."

Carefully leaning forwards, Cloud placed his forehead against the charred leg of his former gundam. "And i'm stuck here, forced to wake every morning to search through the various walks of life for some way to satisfy my reason for existence......And continously find them lacking." Pushing off of the leg, Cloud moved towards Kiyoshi once more, placing that hand against his shoulder again.

"Kiyoshi, find your peace, whatever way possible and don't dare let it escape your grasp. Life is fleeting from us all and we all strive to find that one moment of clarity in our life that gives our existence meaning. Mine, is somewhere among the various battlefields that i've crossed and if i've somehow i've surpased my predestined death, then i'll be forced to suffer this sorrow for the remainder of my time. Although, you have the time, and the ability to shift through this life and find one thing to hold close to your heart."

Dropping his hand from his shoulder, Cloud passed Kiyoshi once more to return to his office. "Take heed to my words, learn one of these final lessons from your former teacher. Even if i've failed you down this road of trials and blood, at least accomplish that wish for me....I'm tired, wake me when the other's arrive."

Stepping through the open doorway of his office once more, Cloud dropped a hand against the door knob to close it at his back. With the disappearnce of the light, the hangar shifted back into it's veil of semi-darkness, the single stream of light pouring in from the open hangar door to expose the floating sands lifted by an unseen wind.

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu May 04, 2006 10:49 pm

Kiyoshi stood there a few moments after Cloud had closed the door. Letting his mentor's words again set. Finally, he turned and made his way towards one of the bathrooms. He had realized that while both Cloud and himself believed that they had to fight, that they were fighting for different reasons, or was Kiyoshi just telling himself that?

Turning the faucet on, he stared long into the mirror. Cloud was right. They both weren't normal men. Their sole purpose, from the beginning of their existence, was to wage war. Kiyoshi tried to tell himself that he was going to once again fight in what could turn out to be another war, was because he wanted to finally bring about peace. So, he could leave this life he had known for so long behind; to accomplish what Cloud wished for him. Was he doing this because, like Cloud, this was the only thing he was good at, that it was his most basic instinct, pumped up through the efforts of scientist that had genetically engineered him?

He dipped his head under the cold water, letting it absorb into his hair. These weren't thoughts he needed. Once he had cleared his mind, he recalled something else that Cloud had said before he had shut himself inside his office. That there were others coming. What others? Who else was coming here. He began rubbing vigorously into his hair, until he was certain all of the dye was out. Once he lifted his head up again, he had removed the last bit of his disguise.

It felt odd to him not having his sunglasses at least somewhere on him. He had clung on to the dark lenses that Lori had given him for so long, but like the few remaining mobile suits that were in the hangar, they were just simply ruins. After leaving the bathroom, he walked past the long row of lockers until he came to one that was open. Seeing the number 113 on it, he couldn't help but smirk. There an old }{G flight jacket hung on a hangar. Taking it down from its hangar, Kiyoshi slid it on. He didn't think Cloud would mind him wearing a jacket, that he obviously hadn't worn in years. Plus, he needed some form of uniform, or he wouldn't feel right. While it wasn't really a requirement to wear a uniform. Kiyoshi had always perferred to wear something that distinguished him as }{G.

Now clad in the dark, worn in, brown leather flight jacket, Kiyoshi took a slow stroll towards the Tower. There, if he could get the old radar systems up and running, he could monitor things, and be able to contact Cloud when these 'others' arrived.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri May 05, 2006 5:57 pm

General Sin's ship ripped through the atmosphere building heat on it's surface at an alarming rate. The ceramic plating along the bottom of the ship glowed a fiery orange and red as heat began to build. Fiery streaks would spurt out from the underside of the wings creating a dazzling display. Just as the ceramic plating approached its breaking point in which they would vaporize, the reverse thrusters fired to slow their decent and rapidly drop the heat build up. The ship's nose tilted up at almost a 45 degree angle to make use of air resistance. The ship entered the atmosphere over Neo Nagasaki, however by the time the full entrance into the atmosphere was complete at an altitude of approximately 30,000 feet and descending, it was off the coast of California. Once Sin had crossed the Californian border into Arizona, speeds dropped to less than 200 mph and began a descend towards Mowry, Arizona.

The on board navigation had the exact destination point marked on a screen overlay that projected itself onto the windshield of the shuttle. It descended over the front of the hanger before coming to a halt. The large shuttle hovered for a few moments in front of the hanger while it adjusted itself before slowly descending. Three long strips of ceramic plating from the underside of the ship slid out and to the side allowing three sets of wheels to extend and complete the landing. Seconds later, General Sin emerged from the ship and dropped to the ground dressed in his usual dark cloak complete with over hanging hood that always covered his head and shadowed his face. Unyielding even in the desert heat, he continued to wear his favored clothing. The only difference this time around was the }{G cape he dressed his shoulders and fluttered in the wind behind him. Around his waste hung the three weapons of choice he had used for so many years. Two holsters, the right carrying the weight of a 50 caliber Desert Eagle, the left carrying a .375 Desert Eagle, and a sheathed katana that hung below his left hip holster.

Memories would flood him of this place as he remembered walking in this exact same manner toward the hanger so many times before. He entered through the large main door to see the innards of the old building. Pictures all along the walls of his old comrades - most dead or missing, the old furniture beaten and worn, the mobile suit parts old and outdated, even the floor and ceiling radiated a warmth like this was home.

Sinful gazed along the parts as memories returned to him from battles long past. He recognized parts used in his old mobile suits, old clips he had broken trying to jam them into his Desert Eagle during combat, everything was just as he remembered it. Each color seemed dimmed from what it used to be, yet all seemed untouched by time. Earth may no longer be his preference, but it certainly held many fond memories...

Politics was his life now. He had evolved, adapted, and mutated into what was necessary to continue peace. Sinful was a shell of the past, General Sin was here because the Earth populace had all gone mad, and their corrupted intentions began plaguing an otherwise Utopian collection of nations in space. Too many powers had formed in space and on Earth which threatened the lives who craved nothing more than peace.

He looked up towards a photo of himself and Zhelir from many years ago back on Earth. Nostalgia is what kills those of us who survived this long. Suddenly he flung his fist at the picture, slamming his gloved knuckles against the wall. He turned his head away from the wall away from the picture trying to regain his resolve, remembering he had lives to defend. Just as he turned away, he noticed the lights were on in Cloud's old office. He hadn't realized anyone else had arrived yet and quickly composed himself into a manner expected of him. After debating whether or not to enter the office, he decided he'd wait till everyone had come. He leaned his back against the photos behind him and crossed his arms as he waited.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Fri May 05, 2006 6:18 pm

Kiyoshi had taken the stairs up to the top of the tower. Once he got to the top, he found the once high tech and advanced room, filled with radar and communication's equipment, had, like most of the facility, not been maintained. With struggled effort, he did manage to finally bring it online, just as it picked up the ship arriving. He watched carefully as it landed and one man came out. He recognized this man, not because he knew him, but because of who he was.

"Cocky, son of a bitch aren't you," he said in reference to the cape the man wore. Flipping a switch on the control panel infront of him, Kiyoshi opened a connection to the intercom in Cloud's office. "Cloud, one of your guests has arrived."

He clicked the signal off and sat back in the nearby chair for a moment. He would wait to make his appearance. He wanted to see who else would be arriving. It was also a time for him to think. He wasn't exactly expecting to run into General Sin so soon, but it was of no matter. Now or later, he would expose him for what he was. "This is for you, Kaden," he said as he looked out towards the horizon.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Mon May 08, 2006 9:47 am

Eros braced himself for the buffeting of the ship that was always a part of re-entry.

I hate re-entry.

Eros exhaled heavily as gravity took effect. Thought he could not see it, he knew that the hull plating on the underside of the small passenger shuttle was heating from the friction of the air against the metal. Soon, red flares of superheated air began to appear around the viewports of the craft.

Eros extended his senses through his mind, just to get a feel of how the others on the shuttle felt. From the other three people on board, he sensed only that they were repeating a routine.

Eros thought back to the only other time when he had been on Earth. That re-entry had been way too rough...

"Eros, return to the ship we're starting our descent," the frantic voice of Laura Setarus boomed in his helmet's speakers.

The G-3 Gundam swung its Beam Saber around to sever the barrel off of a Zaku's machine gun.

"Laura, I'm not coming in. If I do, the Graystar will be left wide open to attack," Eros replied to the Graystar's operator, who was on the verge of panic.

"Eros," interjected the calm voice of Captain DeMarco, "activate the Gundam's cooling system. If you're not going to return to the hangar, you'll have to risk re-entry yourself."

"I know."

Eros reached down and flipped a series of toggles. Machinery began to grind and groan as the cooling fans, circulatory systems, and vents began to operate. Eros jerked the G-3 to the left in order to dodge a bazooka shell. The Gundam rocketed towards the Red Zaku, intent on destroying it. G-3's brilliant pink Beam Saber contacted with the shield mounted on the Zaku's right arm.

Before the Gundam could twist around for another attack, the abnormally fast red Zaku was firing its main engines. Eros felt himself plummeting to the Earth as he watched the Zaku retreat yet again.

The temperature in the cockpit began to rise as the G-3 fell into an uncontrolled spin. Eros fought to level out, then had an idea.

The G-3 flipped it's shield around and under its feet. The G-3 crouched down on top of the shield, still holding the handle.

By this time, the temperature in the cockpit was almost unbearable. Eros was sweating profusely. Not to mention the massive amount of G-Forces flattening him into his seat.

Eros watched the fluffy, white clouds rise to engulf the superheated Luna Titanium armor of the G-3. Steam flowed around the Gundam. Suddenly, the viewscreen went blank.

God, help me, I'm falling blind.

The ground of Africa rose quickly to meet the falling hunk of metal. Eros threw the charred shield away. Eros reached down and pulled a lever, and stomped a pedal. The main engines mounted in the feet and on the back fired flared to life. Four boxes mounted on the Gundam's waist armor blew off, and four super-sized parachutes made of metal-laced fabric billowed out in an attempt to slow the G-3's descent.

Realizing that he was running out of options, Eros silently prayed for his life. About that time, his viewer winked back on. What Eros saw terrified him. Sprawling grasslands began to fill his vision. Eros felt a jerk. A warning light popped on, signalling that his number three chute had broken off.

Eros increased the thrust power emitting from his engines. Another light turned on, this one to tell him that he was low on fuel.

Can this get any worse?

Eros began to panic as th ground rose quickly to meet the falling hunk of metal. In one last ditch attempt to survive, Eros tilted the Gundam onto its back and threw its arms back as he hit the ground. The Gundam slid for what seemed like miles, then stopped.

"NNH..." he grunted as the Gundam slammed to rest in a flaming circle on the ground. Eros started to hit the emergency release on the cockpit door, the realized that he would be cooked alive by the heat emanating from the Gundam's armor. Eros flipped a lever mounted on an overhead panel, and a few still functional tubes protruded from the G-3's armor to spray fire extinguishing agents.

"Oi," Eros sighed, pulling off his helmet, hoping for somewhat cooler air. Instead he was met with air that felt like he had fallen into Hell. Eros coughed and supttered, then started up the air circulatory system.

Finally he was able to climb out of the wrecked MS.

"Oh, no." Eros stared at the missing arms, then looked at the severely damaged legs. The entire body of the G-3 Gundam was charred as black as space. To top it all off, there was no sign of the Graystar.

Eros was brought back to reality as the small shuttle, piloted by Zhelir broke throught the cloud layer.

So that's what North America looks like.

Eros studied the ground below him. He observed endless plains, vast forests, unrelenting deserts, towering mountains, and sprawling cities.

Wow...
Last edited by Goth-3 Gundam on Wed May 10, 2006 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 08, 2006 10:10 am

Miyumi braced herself as the ship hit the atmosphere. As the earth got larger and larger in the window, her breath got shorter and shorter. Cut that out! She told herself. It's not like anyone knows you're coming other than allies. Calm down! You're surrounded by people who wish you nothing but well, and want you to work hard to keep their gundams in order. There is absolutely no reason to be frightened.

And yet she was. She was afraid those she had worked with would find her and want her to work for them again. She was afraid they would find out she was now working for the other side. She was tired of fear and of sides, and wanted the fighting to end so she could stop working on mobile suits and work instead on transport shuttles for goods and people. And yet... and yet she would never trust earth, or those on it. They had allowed the planet to be weakened by pollution. They had started war after war. Those who had moved to the colonies had gone there looking for peace, and those who had stayed behind were those who delighted in war. Wasn't that the truth?

As Arizona got closer and closer, Miyumi wrestled with conflicting emotions and ideas, the lessons she had been taught as a child warring with her experience on Earth. This is why I ran back to the colonies. And now I'm being forced to face it yet again.

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Mon May 08, 2006 10:21 am

As the ship plummeted on a controlled course to Arizona, Eros felt a sudden burst of fear. He probed around an determined its source as being Miyumi.

Eros contemplated asking her what was wrong, but then realized that between his seat restraints, and the fact that she was two rows ahead of him, detered him somewhat.

So he made another decision.

Sure hope she doesn't mind.

Eros began to send calming thoughts to Miyumi. He brought up images of happy times in her life. He brought up memories of friends and family.

After a few moments of cosolation, he leaned evenfarther back in his seat, exhausted.

I knew that would drain me...

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 08, 2006 10:33 am

Miyumi was startled by the sudden change of thought, and then she realized it was Eros. That must have hurt him... I really need to be careful of my emotions around him. She decided to relax and enjoy the happy memories. And to thank him once they landed.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon May 08, 2006 11:26 am

OOC: The G-3 Gundam could in no way survive re-entry with just it's shield. The RX-78-2 used either a protective film or coolant gas (depending on if your watching the TV series or the movie), however this did not mean the mobile suit could land safely with the pilot. The only reason RX-78-2 survived along with Amuro is because the White Base was able to catch the Gundam in the air. Otherwise, the re-entry systems of the RX-78-2 were more to protect the core fighter and the battle data stored in it's computer.

By watching Mobile Suit Z Gundam, it is clear that this re-entry film/coolant system idea has been completely abandoned. Ballute systems and Wave Riders are the way to go. The Ballute Systems add extra vernier thrusters along with a balloon system that is deployed as the mobile suit enters the atmosphere. Once the mobile suit is through the atmosphere the balloon deflates, and then the pilot fires the large thrusters to land safely on the ground.

Wave rider's on the other hand are large crafts that a mobile suit can ride and protect itself through atmospheric reentry. The Z Gundam could transform into a wave rider mode, much like the Wing and Wing Zero's Neo Bird modes. It is clear that even in the universe of New Mobile Report: Gundam W, where the Gundam's are near invincible god like machine's to anything not Gundam, that if the mobile suit does not have a wave rider-esque transformation state, and is using it, then it will burn up in the atmosphere. My example, the end of the series with the Wing Zero.

So with luna titanium being no where near the strength of Gundanium, I think that throws out that option as well.

I can not believe that the thrusters mounted a mobile suit from 0079 could be as powerful as the extra thrusters for a ballute system. So the G-3 would have slammed into the ground. Since you decided to land with your legs, both legs would have been completely crushed, the impact would follow through to the cockpit, and most likely destroy it as well as crushing the pilot, because you did not escape using the core fighter.

Also, during the RX-78-2's decent it's shield is destroyed early on. So, how in the hell did yours survive so long?

Furthermore G-3 never came to Earth. As far as I remember, outside of the Gundam novels, the G-3 was just a test unit for new technology like the magnetic coating to increase performance of the Gundam's joints.

I'm not even going to go into detail on how the Newtype abilities don't work that way, and how she couldn't even respond or sense it since she wasn't a newtype.

Again, I point out, you don't know Gundam.

IC:
The radar screen blinked to life once more, as Kiyoshi looked off into the distance. In the distance he could make out a shape he had known before. "So...Zhelir's coming to the party as well." Pushing himself out of the seat he walked over to a small weapon's locker, that was never as far as he remembered, actually locked. Opening it he removed an old USP slid the weapon in the back of his pants, and flipped the switch to open up Cloud's intercom again. "The others will be here soon."

With that he turned and walked towards the door, but stopped as he felt a small pressure on his mind. Narrowing his eyes, he turned his head to look outside. "Another super soldier? No...it's different." Shrugging, Kiyoshi turned and started a slow walk down the long winding stairway.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 08, 2006 12:55 pm

OOC: Thanks for the info Kiyoshi. I thought of mentioning something, but I knew my knowledge is solely gundam wing which does may not apply to the other universe

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Mon May 08, 2006 3:54 pm

OOC: Would you get off your high horse?! G-3 actually did go to Earth, albeit it was severley damaged when it did. The surviving parts of the 78-3 and 78-1 were combined to make the G-3. I know the boosters on the MS alone would not be enough to ensure a completely safe re-entry. If you read, the G-3 was using its shield as an air-surf board, and was spinning, like a helicopter. Yes, I know it doesn't have blades, it was using its arms to improvise. But that moght slow its descent somewhat. Furthermore, I didn't go into the events following the re-entry.

As far as Newtypes, why could Eros not try to calm Miyumi through thought? If Newtypes can communicate from the dead, then why not do things while living? At the end of MS Gundam, the series, Amuro talks to virtually all the main White Base crewmembers. Even the ones who were not comfired Newtypes.

So stop being a know-it-all.

IC:

As soon as he felt the shuttle's landing gear smoothly hit the ground, Eros sighed. He hated re-entry.

Ah, well, he thought, might as well get used to it.

As he sat waiting for permission to disembark, Eros felt around with his mind, trying to get a feel for the people already gathered at the military base. He sensed some tension. as if something big were about to happen...
Last edited by Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon May 08, 2006 4:49 pm

OOC: Talking and sending out eased emotions are two different things. You could send limited messages, she couldn't respond back, but easing emotions? Nope, newtype powers don't extend to that. Sorry.

I would like to know where you got your information on the G-3's creation because it is entirely wrong. There were originally three RX-78-2's in Side 7 for the V Project. However, after the attack by the Zeon forces, there was only one left fully operational. This is the one that Amuro would use through out the One Year War. What remained of the other two were used for spare parts for Amuro's Gundam for awhile, and then they were later sent off to Luna 2 to be used to build the RX-78-3.

The RX-78-3 then was a unit built SPECIFICALLY to test new technology, the most important being the magnetic coating, that I mentioned. Other than that there isn't really any other information from MSV (Mobile Suit Variation). Now the RX-78-3 in the Gundam Novels, written by Tomino prior to Gundam becoming a series, did replace the RX-78-2 after it was destroyed, and was piloted by Amuro. However, It too did not ever see combat earth side.

The RX-78-1 on the other hand is the Prototype Gundam. There were eight units produced. Three of which would go on to be redesigned to be the three RX-78-2's, and another was adapted for Newtype use. The rest on the other hand would just be test beds and there isn't any record of their use. There was plan to use the RX-78-1 and create a heavy weapons type weapon with extra armor, thus Full Armor, however these plans never got off the drawing board and would later be used for the FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam.

Now that I got the generations of the mobile suit, I will now dispute your theory on how you got through the atmosphere.

If you were using the shield as a "surfboard" it might have worked. Oh yes, it might have. See, the wave riders pretty much act that way when they're in flight, but when they are going in the atmosphere, the pilot makes his mobile suit lay down on wave rider to protect itself. Now, here's why it wouldn't have worked. I'll even provide screen shots, since last time you argued with me about something that couldn't happen (that's right, I still claim it's bullshit) because of lack of evidence, this time, HO HO, I'm going to prove you wrong. These come from the tv series, and not the movie, but other than the method of keepign the mobile suit and pilot from being completly fried, they are the same.

Here we see the RX-78-2 and what is left of an MS-06F Zaku II in the atmosphere. Look at that the Zaku II is already destroyed, due to the fact that it doesn't have luna titanium armor, and the Gundam is already getting pretty hot, and that high in the atmosphere. So what does Amuro do? He puts up his shield.

Good job Amuro! Next he pulls out that protective film I talked about, but just as he does...

And this is still pretty high up in the atmosphere. Now if somehow your shield managed to survive, and you stood up on it, and held out your arms. Your arms would have been torn off. Not only that, but how in the hell would the G-3 secure itself to stand on the shield? The turbulence would have thrown you clear off. The Gundam is not a leaf that can slowly spin down from a high tree top, so spinning wouldn't help either. I mean we're not even talking about made up physics this time (even though as I've already noted above I still think using minovsky physics to some how cause a dimensional jump is impossible).

I'll stop being a know it all when you stop putting up bogus loads of crap.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 08, 2006 5:25 pm

OOC: Since you two always have something to argue about, could you maybe make a topic in another part of the forum to argue out logistics? It destroys the flow...

Edit: Thank you for taking my suggestion
Last edited by miyumi on Thu May 11, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu May 11, 2006 8:36 am

OOC: Yes, seriously. This has no place here.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu May 11, 2006 10:41 am

OOC: Well thanks for adding to it, but maybe if you'd pay attention the continuation of the topic was moved elsewhere. But since it is on another section of the forum that doesn't concern you I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know that.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat May 13, 2006 5:13 pm

Zhelir had dismissed the other two, and now turned to Belle, having distinctly avoided looking out the windows at his old base. He didn't know what his reaction would be when he looked upon it, but he didn't want to alarm her.

"This place contains more memories and items of nostalgiaic value 'n all the colonies put t'gether. As such, I dunno what'll happen in 'ere. I might break down, I might freak out, I dunno. It's your call as to whether or not you wanna follow me in or not. Cloud..."

He paused, thinking of how to best word what his mind was processing. "Cloud, I never really knew the guy. This could eas'ly be a trap. I might take a few steps through th'door and he could jump me with a half-dozen guys for taking the helm of }{G. I just don' know."

At this he cut off and rose, turning for the shuttle door. He stepped out into the overwhelming desert heat, his skin, so used to the cold climate of L04, coating itself in sweat nearly on the spot. He didn't mind the heat, though. It was familiar, just as familiar as the spine-numbing chill of his days of training in the Arctic.

Before him sat a building he would never forget. While he knew the Pegasus as his home in }{G, the Hangar had been where his first weeks in the group had been spent. He smiled at the faded metal that was the building's outer wall. The desert winds had taken their toll on the symbolic building.

He stepped forward, the black flight jacket with the golden }{G insignia inscribed on the back drawing a considerable amount of heat. His hair, now no longer a uniform black, but shot with random wires of gray, hung before his eyes, shifting and waving between his steps and the wind. It was relief he felt when he pulled open the door, offering the Hangar's cool, albiet darkened, protection from the sun. He slipped inside, and stopped short.

He'd forgotten about the Viking almost entirely.

Vastly dwarfed by the considerable mass of the Leviathan, which awaited him on L04, the Viking had been Zhelir's first spacecraft. It had no room for mobile suits, no crew quarters, not even a room devoted to working on the engines. It was but one room. The Pilot and Copilot's seats sat side by side before a large, dust-caked forward window. Behind it was an empty chamber, lined on either side by four wall-mounted seats, each with an over-head storage rack and a slideaway panel underfoot. At the back of this chamber was a cargo hatch, which spanned the entire length of the rear of the shuttle.

He circled around to the cargo hatch, letting his hand trail gently along the dropship's side as he did. He smiled to himself, spotting the knife still stuck to the floor at the top of the hatch. There was too little light to see much by, but he knew that if there were, the blade would be tainted by long dried blood, having come from the body of a particular faction leader that would never pass his seed on.

The Viking was the closest thing he'd had in the building to an office, and as such he thought it fitting that it be where he wait. He took a seat next to the knife and gazed into the vast darkness of the rest of the hangar.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!