Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

What Show Are You Watching?

a topic in Film & Television, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Let's talk about the latest movies and television.

What Show Are You Watching?

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby mombie on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:31 pm

I am watching Dark. I love that it's in my native language, but I forgot what happened in the first two seasons. Lol. It's a pretty good show.

Also, if you haven't seen Nancy Drew on CBS, then you SHOULD.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Re: What Show Are You Watching?

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby phosphene on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:38 pm

For the life of me, i cannot keep up with shows i can’t easily binge. I still haven’t watched past the first episode of The Witcher. It’s a problem, lol.

I have been rewatching AtLA, though, this time with my kids. I still love it. My daughter loves it. My son would rather watch Elmo. It’s fine.

I’ve been slowly trudging through iZombie, where I can. I love it, and only wish I had more time to devote to watching it.

I’m also planning on a rewatch of Hannibal soon. Maybe my problem is that I keep rewatching old shows I know I love...
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

phosphene
Member for 2 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:58 am

Ohhh man there are so many shows and so little time! I also have a bad habit of dropping shows that I either don't binge or don't watch along with another person. Off the top of my head:

Tower of God's first season finished recently and while they cut lots of things out from the Webtoon, the action itself and the art style are very faithful to the original so I'm hoping the next season will be better. I also finished Parasyte on Netflix which was AMAZING. Like seriously, one of my favorite characters right now is Migi.

I have recently begun watching Kakegurui which is super out there but seeing everyone go nuts over gambling is pretty funny. I'm also looking to start Beastars soon but I keep putting it off for other things.

I've also been procrastinating the last season of Legion for a while which I feel bad about but the show is so good! I don't want it to end and honestly, I wish more comic book adaptations turned out like this rather than CW type stuff (not that there's anything wrong with those shows!). Same thing with the new Sabrina adaptation!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:14 am

I'm not one to watch shows, but the few I do watch I tend to binge over and over again, until I'm suggested a new one, and the cycle continues. I will have to check out all the ones mentioned here.

I recently just re-watched Black Sails. It's a pirate tale, similiar to how GoT and Vikings is told from numerous perspectives. It has historical figures in it as well with their own spin off's. Black Beard. Charles Vane. John Silver. Anne Bonny (my fav) and many others. It ended too soon due to "ratings" but is one of ym favorite shows.

Like nonconform said. iZombie is great. Its such a cool idea and even the comics are great. Rahul is the best in my opinion.

A show that I'm excited for the next season is Derry Girls. It's set around a couple of Irish (and one English boy) in the times shortly after/during the end of the Troubles. It's such a great show and I suggest everyone to watch it. Has episodes where you smile, where you cry, where you learn. Its amazing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maci-Care
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:30 pm

I finished Avatar the Last Airbender a few months ago (April I think?) and am just moving through my que on Netflix.
Because of ADD brain and some other things IRL, my watching is split between YouTube, Amazon, and Netflix.

Youtube - Any cooking anything.. or cats. Cats are good. This is my time suck app, or go away and don't bother me until I've had coffee this morning app.

Amazon - Mostly documentaries and series like NOVA and Frontline. Also watched "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets", the graphics were amazing and the plot wasn't bad either! But it's really hard core space opera tastes. So your milage might vary on that one.

Netflix - I just started Lenox Hill last night. It's a docuseries/reality tv thing about a Manhattan Hospital pre-COVID. It's some fun escapism and reminds me of ER, House, Grey's Anatomy, but with a lot less sex.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:16 pm

I am current rewatching Game of Thrones on HBO and I am noticing a lot of things that I hadn't before. So good to be immersed in a period era show once again because I sure do love my period era shows.

I've already rewatched Avatar: The Last Airbender. Went out and even brought a DVD set with all seasons on it along with the Legend of Korra, which I haven't watched yet but intend to.

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:51 pm

Since I don't have my computer and I am in the moving process, I have been binge-watching Korean Dramas. I knew I shouldn't because I used to be addicted to them in High School, but the addiction is back!

I watched four good ones. Crash Landing On You is a WONDERFUL story about romance between a North Korean soldier and a South Korean business woman that crash-landed in North Korean territory. It's a tear-jerker FOR SURE (much like all Korean Dramas). It has a lot of action and political drama in it, so if you're a sucker for forbidden romances - this is the show for you!

It's Okay to Not Be Okay is pretty great as well. It's a rare Korean Drama that delves into Autism-Spectrum Disorder, Depression, and Anti-Personality Disorder. It's based around Fairy-Tails, and it's just brilliantly done. It's also a tear-jerker. It can be a little scary sometimes, but it's just how it is.

Romance is a broken Book has a lot of comedy, and it's super fun to watch. It's based around a divorced working class woman and a best friend who just happens to be a chief editor and author at a publishing company.

In the Dark was extra funny and very heartfelt at the same time. It follows the tried and true formula of low class versus high class society. The two characters meet once by chance and then meet again!

Tip: If you don't want to get addicted, stop halfway through the episode and resume later. Korean Dramas love to end their episodes on a cliffhanger, so they are hard to look away from.

:)

mombie
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:08 pm

I’m like the opposite to a lot of people where I don’t actually watch that much TV when I’m on summer break, I usually just watch whatever my family is watching? My mom is currently watching Life On Mars so I’m watching it with her, it’s pretty good!

That said, me and my sister watched a bunch of Avatar: The Last Airbender when I was staying with her for a few days and I really need to catch up fully on that. I also started The Umbrella Academy Season 2 today! Honestly my plan for my first week or so in my college apartment is just to binge watch all these shows.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 12 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!