What's the deal with ratings?

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

What's the deal with ratings?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:18 am

My question is basically the topic.

You know at the top of the page you have announcements, Top rated and Newest RP sections I was wondering what Top Rated refers to. Is it a discontinued feature or something?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bosch
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Re: What's the deal with ratings?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:12 pm

I believe at one point an RP could be reviewed and rated out of ten. It was like that when I first came here but seemed to stop being a thing at some point without me really noticing so I cannot say exactly how long we've not had it.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Got ya. I accidentally clicked on an RP that must have been from that Era and the site was asking me to rate it. I backed away slowly like a pro.

Thanks for the explanation.

Bosch
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:01 pm

The ratings were put in at the conception of the RP tab, so most of the ones rated were from several years ago, thus incredibly outdated.

(Honestly it needs a wipe - or monthly wipes - since the top-rated ones are all dead and have been for a very long time).

Nyxeth
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sashasuman on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:06 am

I'm pretty much new to the world of roleplay. I've very little experience, but It's something I'd very much like to get into. Problem is, I can't seem to get started. I've no idea where to begin, or how to begin.

sashasuman
Member for 6 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!