Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Oh, What a Wonderful Life it Is!

Oh, What a Wonderful Life it Is!

a part of “Oh, What a Wonderful Life it Is!”, a fictional universe by RPGNerdette.

For some, high school is a place for learning and a place to be bored. However, for others, it's a place to have fun, make lasting friendships, and maybe even meet someone special. Follow the lives of Sorugami High School's students through their lives!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Oh, What a Wonderful Life it Is!”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Oh, What a Wonderful Life it Is!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pachacuteki on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:25 pm

@RPGNerdette, I was wondering if it was possible to create different places for the RP, I mean 9th grade classroom, 10th GC, 11th GC and that... it might be helpful. Great RP by the way

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pachacuteki
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roomrider on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:12 am

Well, it's a good idea, but I feel like it would just add unnecessary complications. It's something to consider though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

roomrider
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:15 am

The characters can do great things even during classes, Hayato was hilarious and awesome! However, no matter how awesome plot starts we create in the classroom, we should better develop them outside of it... I hope the bigger part of the story won't be spent on the characters sitting in class, since this puts them in limits, especially the quiet ones, who wouldn't do anything unusual during a lesson (at least not on purpose). So, let's think more about our characters than the classes they attend, the number of the classroom, etc.

I don't know if this will bring confusion, but can we start time skipping a few classes from time to time? In case of a time skip, we'll write on the top of our posts with huge letters something like "Attention! Time skip to ------"

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantheran on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:14 am

At least in those high school rps I have done earlier we just keep skipping the classes. It's like: ”I had history, science and English before my lunch.” So I'm perfectly fine with it.
But it's important we make sure everyone are in the same point then. Also I think we shouldn't skip electives/sports. There's more opportunities to the characters interact with each other.

Another thing. I started to do a list about the clubs. And there's several characters without clubs. If you want to add them, please PM me, so I can edit the list. Posting it tomorrow. :)
Don't worry, I don't bite...
But I might scratch

=^.^=

Pantheran
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGNerdette on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:43 pm

I will be posting on Sunday night since I am away this weekend and can't make long posts on my phone without a horrible lag. We will probably be switching to the next period. But I want to ask, would you guys prefer skipping the normal classes and going to the electives, gym, lunch periods, and after school or actually sitting through the regular classes?

RPGNerdette
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm

I'd choose the skipping option, unless something awesome is planned to happen during a regular class.

Writing about sitting in class when nothing much happens... That's as boring as sitting in class in real life.

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roomrider on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:43 pm

*sighs
Well, a few people haven't posted, but I feel like we've waited to long. Let's continue.

roomrider
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantheran on Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:28 am

Clubs:

Music: Mira Kettu, Kimiko Busujima

Theater: Kaito Shibata, Mira Kettu, Sora Inoue

Kendo: Haruki Shinobu, Saigo Miyamoto

Library: Yoshino Katan, Kaito Shibata, Kimiko Busujima

Computer: Mai Furukawa

Poetry: Anaru Furukawa

Photography: Kimiko Busujima

Cooking: Anaru Furukawa, Demi Hokida, Haruki Shinobu, Sora Inoue

Sewing: Felicity Jones

Video Game: Yoshino Katan, Haruki Shinobu, Sora Inoue, Mai Furukawa

Language: No one at the moment

Art: Yoshino Katan, Anaru Furukawa, Haruki Shinobu, Sora Inoue

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Here's the club list. Please check this is right. Almost got confused when made this xD

There's also quite few characters who has no clubs, if you add them PM me so I can edit the list. :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And I agree. Let's continue. And skip those boring lessons.

Pantheran
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pachacuteki on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Well, first a formal issue, usually in Japan activities are cultural activities and sport activities, I think kendo should be in the sports section rather than clubs.

--

I think we might skip the lessons as soon as the teacher enters into the classroom and as far as they left, during those periods sometimes happens interesting situations. Well it's only n opinion.

pachacuteki
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roomrider on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:04 pm

RPGN, please make a NPC thread for NPC students. I've got a few to submit.

roomrider
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roomrider on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Okay, I'm going to make my post, so that we don't lose all of our momentum. I'm going to skip math class, since nothing fun ever happens in math class, and skip right to the elective.

roomrider
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:12 am

Aren't they supposed to have maths together? If we're skipping it, isn't everyone supposed to have electives? According to the post, Hayato has maths while Kaito has theatre. At the same time. Am I wrong?

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantheran on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:07 am

@AdmireAtStuff: You're confused because of this?

“I’ll see you later Hayato, I may have a class with you later today.” Hayato said, walking out of the classroom. He continued on to his next class, mathematics.

I believe Kaito is the one supposed to be talking. So he goes to math class, skips it and is now at electives.
And basically Hayato should be in the math too but I don't think that's very important when it comes to NPCs. Let's just focus on the main story not on the NPCs :) They will come and go anyways.

EDIT: Also I have serious internet problems so I might not be able to post for a while.

Pantheran
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roomrider on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 am

Pantheran got it right. Hayato doesn't have theater with Kaito, which is way he mentioned farewell. And on all of my posts, if something is bolded, it's Kaito talking.

roomrider
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgentPocky on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Well... just continue the RP without me like you have been. I'm afraid I have made the terrible mistake of making my character unsocial and not interacting with everyone else. And seeing someone stole my character's last name, I...
Well, I'm just making a big deal out of that XD
But thank you for the offer and I'm sorry I'm not able to post or get into the RP. Have fun!

AgentPocky
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:21 am

So, I'll be a little irregular for a while... Finals.

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roomrider on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Alright, I feel like it would be better to know who's still in this RP. I'm losing track of all the people who are, and aren't, so please let me know.

roomrider
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ボクセルちゃん on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm probably going to have to back out of this roleplay , it doesn't seem to be active a lot anymore and there's other roleplays that I want to join out there. Sorry >_<

ボクセルちゃん
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantheran on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:48 am

I'm in if this just stays active. But if this is completely stuck, I will leave too. But atm I'm in.

Pantheran
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pachacuteki on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Well I've just posted, my character hit someone accidentally, hope any offers his/her character for that place, we may roleplay with more interaction that way

pachacuteki
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!